8 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

9 HOURS AGO Sporty style goes chic! Tell us your fave outfit to win!: @OfficialNFLShop http://t.co/sJQuKtqiBw

10 HOURS AGO Does playing hard to get really work out? We have the scoop: http://t.co/aDqcgy19Dr

COMMENTS

My parents drink too much

And I don't mean just a glass of wine at dinner...

You should hide the alcohol from them and see what they think when it is gone than sit them down and talk to them. Also find a kids help line to talk to someone

by easy123 on 11/2/2012 5:07:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Me and my mom share an iPad, and I wanted to use it so I looked for it in her purse, but all I found was a pack of cigarettes. This makes me so worried because I want my mom to live long and be healthy, not mess up her lungs by smoking. I can't talk to her about it because then she'll find out I went through her purse and I don't want things to be awkward between us. I'm scared for my mom. What do I do?

Hey babe,

I don't think she'll get upset as long as she knows you were looking for the Ipad.  It's not like you were snooping after all.  I think you should def talk with her about your worries.
Jordan S.

by LovePeaceHope on 5/21/2012 7:17:56 PM

Mod,

by LovePeaceHope on 5/14/2012 5:47:02 PM

HEy Guys! Stand up & help prevent Suicide!!!! Join my club "Fears v.s. Dreams"! "I Am Living A Story. I Will Not Give Up."=-)

by Sam Cool1038 on 4/18/2012 3:50:55 PM

Hi I know this is for parents drinking but my problem is so much bigger anyways im 16yr and have a 14yr brother and my older brother uses drugs my parents know but wont do anything all they do is have talks with him and he throws up depression and nobody wants anything to do with him the talks are not working he's almost 30yr and still lives here he fights verbally with my parents sometimes..about his drug use ..my parents wont do nothing and its getting worse my parents and younger bro find drugs and stuff in his room...its just so depressing I tried talking to my parents about it and they say and I quote " I know. I know. You can't tell him nothing" I can't talk to anyone else not teachers not priest not family not friends plz help me I can't take this anymore its been going on since I was 9 he was in the army for 4 yrs and came home last june he bought us stuff and helped with the bills and let my dad use his car while in the army so he throws that up all the time...

Hey girl. I am so sorry to hear about your brother! Coming back form war can be very hard, especially after 4 years. Generally soldiers come back and suffer from PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) and dont really know how to handle it. Even though it is scary, try talking to him yourself and let him know that you care about him a lot and dont want to see him like this. If he wont talk to you about it then see if he will talk to a counselor or a priest who can help him much more.
Ana D.

by angelbear2000 on 4/13/2012 3:42:36 AM

That happened to me one time. Now my dad doesn't drink as much anymore. Smile

by yumasauras on 4/11/2012 3:29:31 PM

Hey, I've had my share of family trouble too, and let me tell you, its not fun. What you're going through right now must be very stressful and emotional. Do not confront your parents in a accusing or desperate way, In fact, it might be better to not confront them at all. I suggest speaking to a school counselor or trusted adult. I was very embarassed the first time i walked into the counselor's office, i was worried i might be judged or disliked because of my problems. But trust me, it's very much worth it. Speaking to a counselor can help you deal with emotional stresses and can give you peace of mind. I highly reccomend it! It may look bleak now, but trust me, you can get through this. Stay strong, and if you ever feel threatened TELL SOMEONE.xoxo

by ninapeace4 on 3/17/2012 6:57:27 PM

Mod mod mod! I think my family is in trouble. My mom and my step dad have been married for 10 years. My parents seperated before I was born and I still see my dad every other weekend. Almost two weeks ago they had a huge fight verbally I have never heard my mom yell so loud. Then that night they told us we were proble gonna hear them fighting more. Every night one of them is on the couch and for the last few days it's been my mom. They haven't had a huge fight but they have been locking themselves in there room and I'm guessing they fight so no one can hear them but I hear voices and they aren't happy. My SD is just changed like I'll be talking to my mom and he'll just barge in and say to my mom"um can you help me with dinner" in a super annoyed voice. And lately I've been quiet and kept to myself in my room and they worry about me, I'm just hiding from the misery and they don't talk much and my mom goes out more. Can u help me please?!!!

Hey girl,

If they're worried about you, it's okay to tell them that you're worried about them, too! Let both of them know you care and love them, and that it makes you sad to see them fight. You want what's best for them, so it's hard to see them sad, and they'll appreciate that! You can also speak with a trusted adult like a teacher, guidance counselor or doctor about what's going on. If you want professional advice, this article also has links to resources and hotlines where you can speak to professional counselors for free. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by ladyinlike on 3/10/2012 10:09:14 AM

My dad was a heavy drinker and still is. My mom would always try to get him to stop and it would start a fight. One time in particular, my dad actually broke my mom's nose.....in front of me and she had to get surgery. My dad also took his anger out on me once too to the point where i got bruises. Soon after, my parents seperated and their in a pending divorce right now. I used to visit my dad for standard visitation, but soon stopped after a fight him and i got in. I dont know what to do cuz i've always looked up to my dad and now i dont even want to see him. When i text him what he did hurt me and clearly state what he did, he says im a liar. I'm torn in two please help! i dont know what to do and im confused!

Hey girl,

It sounds like you have a lot going on, and I'm sorry your family life isn't going so well! I'm glad you and your mom are okay -- it's reasonable for you to be upset with your dad and to need some time to get over this. To deal with everything you're going through, it would be best if you spoke with a trusted adult who's distanced from your family life, like a teacher, doctor or guidance counselor. This article also has some resources and free hotlines where professionals can speak to you and offer you their professional advice on your situation. Good luck! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by gkellio on 3/9/2012 10:30:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD please help!!!
well my mom and dad divorced about a year and a half ago , right after my mom brings a stranger to live in our house with his son.Me and the guy had many disscusions/fights but my mom never listens , its been about 1 year and 1/2 that they've been living with us and i cant take it i feel like right after we solve problems with my dad i start more with this stranger.Today i had another little fight with him because i dont feel like im at home anymore, my mom has changed, my mom ALWAYS defends him and makes me do everything and i dont know if i can take this any longer so please help me, tell me what i should do! PLEASEEEE!!!

Hey girlie,

Try to understand that, while this guy is a stranger to YOU, your mom likes him for some reason and wants him around. Try to figure out why. I know it might seem like he's totally weird, not interested in your feelings, and bad, but she sees some great qualities in him! Remember that divorce is hard on everyone too, so your mom might be happier with him around because it doesn't give her time to be sad about losing your dad. Everyone copes with things in different ways, you know? Make sure you have a "safe" zone in your house - preferably your room. Whenever you feel like you're losing your cool, go to your safe zone. Shut the door, play some music, and take some deep breaths alone. That can help you center yourself so you don't fight or get wrapped up in the drama! The best thing to do though is to TALK to someone about this. Not your dad - and probably not your mom, since you're still not at a point where you can have a calm, mature convo with her about this. I think your feelings are still a little too raw and opposite. But a counselor, trusted teacher, grandparent, or clergy person could really help you sort all your emotions out, come up with a plan for talking to your mom, and getting things back to a "new normal" that feels comfy for you <
Lauren C.