9 HOURS AGO RT @kelliberglund: So this insane basket of candy from @girlslifemag will be the death of me 🍭🍉 is this a good or bad thing..? http://t.cpic.twitter.com/JZOK8EZ3IB/…

10 HOURS AGO So you have an online crush—now what? http://t.co/eBmMKqi04G

13 HOURS AGO Rock earrings—without the piercing part: http://t.co/rbL8f0elte

COMMENTS

Stand Together - A true story about bullying

Throughout the month of October, we’re publishing your stories about bullying to spread awareness and stomp it out. Here’s a totally true tale from a real girl...

Don't give up! It's a great thing you are helping other people!! We need more people like you today! Smile

by sammie3381 on 4/18/2013 9:00:05 AM

That's so nice of you! Still thinking of others in your time of need. I actually have a bullying story. It's not about me but it happened at my school.
When I was in sixth grade, an eighth grader was bugging a sixth grader about his height cause he was short. The boy tried to ignore the insults but it was hard. He pulled through, not lashing out. Eventually, the eighth grader became mad that the boy wasn't responding and pushed him all the way down a huge staircase! The boy had to lie there with people staring until the ambulance came. Later he heard that his hip was broken. When his cast got off, he still had to recover. Before incident, his mile time in p.e. was 7:10. After the incident, it was 9:46. He has grown 5 inches in the past 2 years!

by beiberluver on 7/1/2012 7:47:17 PM

I had a bullying issue too. See i'm 11. So when in my school theres this bully.She tends to bully during lunch. One day,i was with my friend eating lunch and reading Girl's Life magazine with her. Then the bully came over and stole the magazine. She had said "What is this girly crap?" and im like "Don't insult Girl's life magazine! it's our favorite magazine. Now can you stop bothering us?" and she's like "no, i wont loser"
-Annie

by AnniexGirl on 3/9/2012 6:18:28 PM

@ my sleepover party, i told everybody i support gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. they looked @ me like i was dressed like a clown! so anybody who is gay or supports them, stand up 4 ur beliefs!!

by iloveballet&singing on 3/8/2012 10:01:45 PM

@Alexa12345
Sounds like someone has a case of the jellies. She's probably jealous of you! Think! she's probably low on self-esteem, and gets it by knocking other people down. And your probably the one she targets. My advice is to kill her with kindness. See her getting knocked down in basketball? help her up. She may refuse at first and call you a name, but keep trying. Try to compliment her sincerely at least once every two days. I know it's hard, but you should love your enemies. Eventually she will accept your help, realize she's not knocking you down but building you up, and she might even change. Who knows? Maybe she'll become your friend one day. Just keep trying! i know you can do it!

by indibrown10 on 1/14/2012 10:25:43 AM

Alexa well i would do somethin bac to her i go 2 a uniform school 2 try 2 make new freinds try to be freinds with the girls and i think she picks on you because u r shy and youll let her do anything to u and u dont stand up for ur self

by peaceuout on 12/30/2011 9:48:59 PM

hey girlies. hang in there! the real reason this girl is picking on you is because she''s insecure or jealous. i know it's been said before and is really hard, but you've got to stand up for yourself if no one else will. Once you do this, it'll get a bit worse (only for a few days), but be strong. then she'll realise that you just "don't care" (even though you do, pretend that you don't). You can also try to ignore her, though it too will be hard.
Hope everything works out okay! be strong; with time she'll leave you alone. Smile

by immasurvive on 12/24/2011 12:31:37 PM

hey alexa. hang in there! the real reason this girl is picking on you is because she''s insecure or jealous. i know it's been said before and is really hard, but you've got to stand up for yourself if no one else will. Once you do this, it'll get a bit worse (only for a few days), but be strong. then she'll realise that you just "don't care" (even though you do, pretend that you don't). You can also try to ignore her, though it too will be hard.

by immasurvive on 12/24/2011 12:30:35 PM

I feel for you there is a girl at my school she is always making fun of me. She calls me stupid and many other names i can't say. She also hurts my friends too. My BFF used to be my back up, but she has started to grow away from me. I'm now very shy and sad ,but i try to keep my head up and go by my saying don't hurt people just because they hurt you. She sometimes also physically hurts me too. I play basketball and so does she, so when we do warm up when coach is not looking she shoes me very hard and knocks me down and no one stands up for me and says anything to coach. She even makes fun of my clothes, (that is strange because we go to a private school and have to wear uniforms). She is in a group of girls and they all were wearing the same skirt (tan) and black leggings and i decided to wear my black leggings (they were the only ones clean) and she told me i was a copy cat and stop being a stalker. I don't know how to stand up to her cuz im shy and i need some help.

by Alexa12345 on 12/11/2011 7:38:24 PM

Its Anti-Bullying week!
Remember: Bullying is a hurtful behaviour that happens:
S.everal
T.imes
O.n
P.urpose

And it must be stopped! Thank u for posting this story!

by catluverforlife on 11/16/2011 4:10:24 PM