3 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

6 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

7 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

Stand Together - A true story about bullying

Throughout the month of October, we’re publishing your stories about bullying to spread awareness and stomp it out. Here’s a totally true tale from a real girl...

Don't give up! It's a great thing you are helping other people!! We need more people like you today! Smile

by sammie3381 on 4/18/2013 9:00:05 AM

That's so nice of you! Still thinking of others in your time of need. I actually have a bullying story. It's not about me but it happened at my school.
When I was in sixth grade, an eighth grader was bugging a sixth grader about his height cause he was short. The boy tried to ignore the insults but it was hard. He pulled through, not lashing out. Eventually, the eighth grader became mad that the boy wasn't responding and pushed him all the way down a huge staircase! The boy had to lie there with people staring until the ambulance came. Later he heard that his hip was broken. When his cast got off, he still had to recover. Before incident, his mile time in p.e. was 7:10. After the incident, it was 9:46. He has grown 5 inches in the past 2 years!

by beiberluver on 7/1/2012 7:47:17 PM

I had a bullying issue too. See i'm 11. So when in my school theres this bully.She tends to bully during lunch. One day,i was with my friend eating lunch and reading Girl's Life magazine with her. Then the bully came over and stole the magazine. She had said "What is this girly crap?" and im like "Don't insult Girl's life magazine! it's our favorite magazine. Now can you stop bothering us?" and she's like "no, i wont loser"
-Annie

by AnniexGirl on 3/9/2012 6:18:28 PM

@ my sleepover party, i told everybody i support gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. they looked @ me like i was dressed like a clown! so anybody who is gay or supports them, stand up 4 ur beliefs!!

by iloveballet&singing on 3/8/2012 10:01:45 PM

@Alexa12345
Sounds like someone has a case of the jellies. She's probably jealous of you! Think! she's probably low on self-esteem, and gets it by knocking other people down. And your probably the one she targets. My advice is to kill her with kindness. See her getting knocked down in basketball? help her up. She may refuse at first and call you a name, but keep trying. Try to compliment her sincerely at least once every two days. I know it's hard, but you should love your enemies. Eventually she will accept your help, realize she's not knocking you down but building you up, and she might even change. Who knows? Maybe she'll become your friend one day. Just keep trying! i know you can do it!

by indibrown10 on 1/14/2012 10:25:43 AM

Alexa well i would do somethin bac to her i go 2 a uniform school 2 try 2 make new freinds try to be freinds with the girls and i think she picks on you because u r shy and youll let her do anything to u and u dont stand up for ur self

by peaceuout on 12/30/2011 9:48:59 PM

hey girlies. hang in there! the real reason this girl is picking on you is because she''s insecure or jealous. i know it's been said before and is really hard, but you've got to stand up for yourself if no one else will. Once you do this, it'll get a bit worse (only for a few days), but be strong. then she'll realise that you just "don't care" (even though you do, pretend that you don't). You can also try to ignore her, though it too will be hard.
Hope everything works out okay! be strong; with time she'll leave you alone. Smile

by immasurvive on 12/24/2011 12:31:37 PM

hey alexa. hang in there! the real reason this girl is picking on you is because she''s insecure or jealous. i know it's been said before and is really hard, but you've got to stand up for yourself if no one else will. Once you do this, it'll get a bit worse (only for a few days), but be strong. then she'll realise that you just "don't care" (even though you do, pretend that you don't). You can also try to ignore her, though it too will be hard.

by immasurvive on 12/24/2011 12:30:35 PM

I feel for you there is a girl at my school she is always making fun of me. She calls me stupid and many other names i can't say. She also hurts my friends too. My BFF used to be my back up, but she has started to grow away from me. I'm now very shy and sad ,but i try to keep my head up and go by my saying don't hurt people just because they hurt you. She sometimes also physically hurts me too. I play basketball and so does she, so when we do warm up when coach is not looking she shoes me very hard and knocks me down and no one stands up for me and says anything to coach. She even makes fun of my clothes, (that is strange because we go to a private school and have to wear uniforms). She is in a group of girls and they all were wearing the same skirt (tan) and black leggings and i decided to wear my black leggings (they were the only ones clean) and she told me i was a copy cat and stop being a stalker. I don't know how to stand up to her cuz im shy and i need some help.

by Alexa12345 on 12/11/2011 7:38:24 PM

Its Anti-Bullying week!
Remember: Bullying is a hurtful behaviour that happens:
S.everal
T.imes
O.n
P.urpose

And it must be stopped! Thank u for posting this story!

by catluverforlife on 11/16/2011 4:10:24 PM

People can be really mean words may be just wirds but they do hurt but just knowing theres someone like you in the world with a heart just gives everybody else confidence to face bullies even me Smile

by sabine on 11/15/2011 4:55:46 PM

I absolutely hate hearing about bullying! It's awful but it happens everyday and people do nothing...I was happy to read that you stick up for others! Hold in there girl everything will work out Smile keep trying to go to your counselor and maybe you could try talking to a pastor and pray about the whole situation Smile people are here listening to your story... it's making a difference already!

by Sarah B. on 11/14/2011 11:54:28 PM

u shouldn't listen 2 them u no it's not true so DON'T LISTIN'

by 2hot4u ha! on 11/10/2011 5:41:46 PM

this is such an amazing story

by gingeriscute22 on 11/9/2011 5:54:05 PM

iM SO PROUD OD YOU! you are really strong girlie! an inspiratin really.thing get better, and there are ALWAYS PEOPLE OUT THERE TO SUPPORT YOU(:

by purpleorchid on 11/2/2011 11:54:55 PM

Hey girls!

Need advice? I’m always here to help!
Also, please help get to my goal of 100 members, by joining my club “Amazing_Quotes”! Thanks!

by facebooker1240 on 11/2/2011 8:35:47 PM

no one has the right to dominate your world, only you do Smile keep it up

by unicornninja on 10/31/2011 7:46:44 PM

Good for you! its great that you're standing up for other people! Smile

by carrieunderwoodfan on 10/31/2011 6:43:16 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by clem10 on 10/31/2011 2:41:34 PM

Hey!You are very brave for sticking up to those people! Also, I am bisexual too! Just haven't had the courage to come out. If you need someone to talk to, there are people on here! I'm here too if you need to talk.

by Rawrbunny-luvs-ya on 10/31/2011 12:42:19 AM

Keep it up. Smile I admire you for still standing up for others, even when you yourself are getting picked on. Hang in there and don't let them bring you down. (of course it will effect you, but know that they are the low lifes who have nothing better to do than terrorize someone elses life) As many wise people have said, things will get better. (I have my fingers crossed for you)

by AnnaK on 10/31/2011 12:31:34 AM

Hey guys, visit my page and post a comment if you have a question, I'm here for ya girl! Trust me, NOTHING is too personal or embarrassing, because been there, done that, if I cannot answer your question right away, I'll at least have it up by the next day, <3 you guys! Smile

by clem10 on 10/30/2011 11:33:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi! im trick or treating with some friends and paul..this popular boy who i dont know too well. what are some lightly flirty things too do around paul? (im either really shy or hyper around boys soo nuthin 2 flirty!)
and i live in cold weather if tht helps, really cold weather! pleasee answer quickly!!
greatings
ivy

Hey chica!

Have you checked this section of the site out? http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/01/26/100-cute-things-to-say-and-do-around-guys.aspx Have fun trick or treating!
Devin A.

by britgirlivy on 10/30/2011 11:03:03 PM

I'm also musical and hum a lot... but I play guitar, so instead of tapping on my desk, I kind of air guitar sometimes. Yes, I look ridiculous doing it, but whatever! I'm also in eighth grade and bi, and I sort of want to come out, but I'm terrified of doing it...

by GoldenGirl113 on 10/30/2011 8:07:10 PM

My heart broke reading this. I think its wonderful that despite your own pain, you still stand up for other people though! Stay strong and know that they are all just insecure and unsure of themselves and are actually jealous of you because you know who you are. Just remember IT DOES get better! Smile))

by theatreluver26 on 10/30/2011 7:50:27 PM

Let me tell you that you are all together a very brave person. Not only are you being bullied and sticking up for others that also are, but you had the guts to come out as bisexual. I am also bisexual but not brave enough to come out. :/ You should try to find someone to talk to and if you don't have a trusted adult or friend you can always talk to people on here! Smile I wish you the best of luck with your problems.

by Rawrbunny-luvs-ya on 10/30/2011 7:29:10 PM

Hey! You a very brave person! For sticking up for those who are bullied but also for having the guts to come out as bisexual! I am also bisexual but have not been brave enough to come out. :/ I'm sorry about your problems with being bullied. It will get better! There are people on here you can talk to. Smile

by Rawrbunny-luvs-ya on 10/30/2011 7:25:08 PM

Wow. I've heard so many stories about bullying and I think that this is the most touching one. You have never given up and even help others around you when you're being made fun of. I wish I could be there for you. Just remember that you are much higher then those insecure and horrible people that bully you, and that they are just jealous that you aren't afraid to show who you truly are. Stay strong Mikayla! Smile

by fallsb-ball on 10/30/2011 7:12:45 PM

If your the girl who sent this in, could you please leave a comment on my pro? I wanna ask you something!

by smileitsjulia on 10/30/2011 5:30:58 PM

You just inspired me, and made a theme for this coming week, it's Stick Up Week- even if they are joking around, confront bullies- join me if you want!

by hkmmorgan on 10/30/2011 5:13:40 PM

it is good 2 stick up 4 others. last year i was picked on, but i started treating the names and insults like jokes, and they stopped

by kewauneegal on 10/30/2011 10:52:44 AM

Hey girl if you or anybody else out there ever need someone to talk to I'm here! I'll talk about anything and promise to always give good advice!

by Angelgirl7943 on 10/30/2011 9:08:21 AM

This is really touching.I mean think about it.A very small percentage is actually bullied everyday.This story makes you feel really sad beacuse of the fact that this girl is standing up for some of those kids and is helping lower that percentage.But she puts herself at risk.She helps others but they don't return the help.Even if you hate your life Mikayla please keep up the good work!

by Rilu on 10/30/2011 8:49:24 AM

I'm sorry honey! Do you have any sibs you trust and can talk to, or a trusted teacher you could go to? Good for u 4 sticking up 4 people! Smile No one should go through what you're going through. I just wanna let you know, that I'm not ( and i know other girls on here ) gonna judge you. To me, as long as your nice to me I'll be nice to you. Smile You sound like a nice girl Laughing Being bullied is no fun. Maybe you can write into G.L. and they could find a phone number that is like an organization place that they have people you can talk to? Know you are NOT ugly, and any other things kids at school say to you.

I want you to know that those people at school are just insecure.

Be strong girl! Smile <3 I wish I could help you more I'm sorry I can't :/

by kaylarocks2000 on 10/30/2011 1:03:41 AM

good for u honey!!!!!

by millia7 on 10/30/2011 12:41:36 AM

Wow. Bullying isn't that bad at our school, though. :/

by indesicive1 on 10/30/2011 12:29:19 AM

wow im so sorry that ppl bully u for who u r. i realize that i dont hav it so bad at my school. well at least u r passionate enough to help other kids who get bullied also. i dont think i would be strong enough to live the type of life that u r living now! keep up the good work!

by i-am-a-belieber4real on 10/30/2011 12:14:42 AM