4 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

7 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

8 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

The Unknown Bully - A true story about bullying

Throughout the month of October, we’re publishing your stories about bullying to spread awareness and stomp it out. Here’s a totally true tale from a real girl...

@izzyrose
This can be very hard! But you gotta hang in there. I'm sure that everyone has told you "When one door closes, another one opens!" But it can be hard to find that door. Take a look at your new class. Be extra vigilant. Did you find someone that looks like potential friend? The shy girl in the corner? Well, don't keep quiet. Find your new acquaintance! Start out small. Offer her a piece of your dessert. Then the next day, do the same. Until you feel your strong enough, ask her if you can sit with her at lunch. She should say yes. Build on your relationship from there! hope this helps!
(And if it doesn't, don't sweat! Try finding clubs or activities outside of school you'll like. You'll most likely find a friend with the same interest!)

by indibrown10 on 1/14/2012 10:35:47 AM

Okay so ive moved to a new school this yr and I feel like nobody want me there. Ill have to stay at this school for the rest of my elementary hood so that makes it even worse. Im depressed sometimes and sometimes cry because of it and I dont like it at home either. I feel like I belong at my other school because of like a million things. What should I do?

by izzyrose on 11/9/2011 5:41:26 PM

I am kind of going through the same thing when I think about it, except to not that extreme where I have no real friends and don't talk at all. But I'm trying to get over it, too Smile

by marshmelo on 11/8/2011 6:12:17 PM

I think it's so amazing that you sort of healed yourself. I know that some people can't do that and I think it shows just how strong you are as a person to be able to do that. I'm so so sorry that you had to go through that though. Now that you know how it feels, help other people too! Good job getting the word out! You're very inspirational to me

by reesesgal16 on 11/2/2011 10:44:49 PM

Wow. That is so sad. It wasn't even other people to begin with. Frown

by flyaway99 on 10/29/2011 2:28:35 PM

Thank goodness she stopped!

by vanessakay on 10/27/2011 11:40:21 PM

There is this kid in my class who is really dramatic, girly, weird, and nerdy. Everyone in the class is really mean to him, except for like 2 people. They dont hurt him physically, but the call him a girl, an it, and a bunch of other things. I really hate it when they do that! Its SO mean!! I would tell them to back off, but Im really shy and barely talk at all. What should I do? I told the teacher, but they dont know when its actually happening, so they cant really do much about it.

Hey girl,

Instead of standing up against the bullies and trying to totally change the situation (since you're only one person and also admit that you're shy), try being this kid's friend. You don't have to talk or hang out all the time, but let him know he does have support and there are people in school (aka you) that he can talk to if he ever needs it. Knowing he has a friend will make a HUGE difference to him <3
Lauren C.

by eemmais on 10/27/2011 11:08:17 PM

by cutiecupcakegirl17 on 10/27/2011 10:49:11 PM

i <3 this Laughing

by chocolatecharme on 10/27/2011 10:14:10 PM

this is a great example of how depression affects us. i think that it fits the theme perfectly, i agree with the first comment, because i belive that just saying hi or being nice to someone can be a big influence in the wy ppl look at themselves

by gingeriscute22 on 10/27/2011 9:45:01 PM