8 HOURS AGO Stay sun savvy with 5 beauty buys for sun protection: http://t.co/Aq9qUPQ3nE

11 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

12 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

COMMENTS

The Unknown Bully - A true story about bullying

Throughout the month of October, we’re publishing your stories about bullying to spread awareness and stomp it out. Here’s a totally true tale from a real girl...

@izzyrose
This can be very hard! But you gotta hang in there. I'm sure that everyone has told you "When one door closes, another one opens!" But it can be hard to find that door. Take a look at your new class. Be extra vigilant. Did you find someone that looks like potential friend? The shy girl in the corner? Well, don't keep quiet. Find your new acquaintance! Start out small. Offer her a piece of your dessert. Then the next day, do the same. Until you feel your strong enough, ask her if you can sit with her at lunch. She should say yes. Build on your relationship from there! hope this helps!
(And if it doesn't, don't sweat! Try finding clubs or activities outside of school you'll like. You'll most likely find a friend with the same interest!)

by indibrown10 on 1/14/2012 10:35:47 AM

Okay so ive moved to a new school this yr and I feel like nobody want me there. Ill have to stay at this school for the rest of my elementary hood so that makes it even worse. Im depressed sometimes and sometimes cry because of it and I dont like it at home either. I feel like I belong at my other school because of like a million things. What should I do?

by izzyrose on 11/9/2011 5:41:26 PM

I am kind of going through the same thing when I think about it, except to not that extreme where I have no real friends and don't talk at all. But I'm trying to get over it, too Smile

by marshmelo on 11/8/2011 6:12:17 PM

I think it's so amazing that you sort of healed yourself. I know that some people can't do that and I think it shows just how strong you are as a person to be able to do that. I'm so so sorry that you had to go through that though. Now that you know how it feels, help other people too! Good job getting the word out! You're very inspirational to me

by reesesgal16 on 11/2/2011 10:44:49 PM

Wow. That is so sad. It wasn't even other people to begin with. Frown

by flyaway99 on 10/29/2011 2:28:35 PM

Thank goodness she stopped!

by vanessakay on 10/27/2011 11:40:21 PM

There is this kid in my class who is really dramatic, girly, weird, and nerdy. Everyone in the class is really mean to him, except for like 2 people. They dont hurt him physically, but the call him a girl, an it, and a bunch of other things. I really hate it when they do that! Its SO mean!! I would tell them to back off, but Im really shy and barely talk at all. What should I do? I told the teacher, but they dont know when its actually happening, so they cant really do much about it.

Hey girl,

Instead of standing up against the bullies and trying to totally change the situation (since you're only one person and also admit that you're shy), try being this kid's friend. You don't have to talk or hang out all the time, but let him know he does have support and there are people in school (aka you) that he can talk to if he ever needs it. Knowing he has a friend will make a HUGE difference to him <3
Lauren C.

by eemmais on 10/27/2011 11:08:17 PM

by cutiecupcakegirl17 on 10/27/2011 10:49:11 PM

i <3 this Laughing

by chocolatecharme on 10/27/2011 10:14:10 PM

this is a great example of how depression affects us. i think that it fits the theme perfectly, i agree with the first comment, because i belive that just saying hi or being nice to someone can be a big influence in the wy ppl look at themselves

by gingeriscute22 on 10/27/2011 9:45:01 PM

Now that these bullying stories have been coming out i really realize how others have it really bad. I have depression. it started out a year ago when both of my friends moved away. It really it me hard last winter. It went away during summer a little bit but it is starting to hit me again. So many things have crossed my mind, i have talked to my mom over and over but i dont want to bother her anymore about my problems. I have been having negative thoughts like hurting myself... i know it is bad and i cant see myself ever doing it. I just dont know what to do anymore... i dont know how to save myself from sinking back into depression. What can i do? THanks so much. Ur help would mean the world to me! Smile (sorry this is so long)

Hey girl,

SInce you've already talked to mom about your feelings, you know you can trust her! That's great. So go to her again - but this time, ask her if you could talk to a counselor or therapist who is trained in this kind of thing. Just tell her that getting your thoughts out on a regular basis could really help you stay positive, which is important to you because you can feel yourself getting overwhelmed again. And it's true - help from someone who has dealt with this before could be a HUGE relief for you! <3 Hang in there girl, and never be afraid to ask for help when you think you need it.
Lauren C.

by hypershrimp on 10/27/2011 6:36:21 PM

Thank you for sharing such a lovely story; the word needs to be spread... that it DOESN'T have to be this way. You should be very proud of yourself, being able conquer your inner demon. Smile

by biskii on 10/27/2011 6:20:14 PM

I love this author! She's amazing! So inspiring! And thought provoking too.......

by Analeigh457689 on 10/27/2011 6:09:53 PM

Your story really touched my heart. Sometimes people will look at quiet people as the odd one out, the one nobody ever wants to talk to, but we need to reach out, and be that person, the one person who could make a difference in their life, and maybe even save a life.

by AnnaBelleSymone on 10/27/2011 4:17:16 PM

@XOXO~Courtney <333333
I understand your point, but the description of the contest is "Ready to share your own story about being bullied, being the bully or stepping in to stomp out bullying?" Lauren not only was bullied by herself, and, briefly, by others, but also, she bullied herself. She fits into more topics of the contest then most of the other fine submissions.

by floweroni on 10/27/2011 4:14:02 PM

wow... first comment

by kristadakota on 10/27/2011 3:56:27 PM

I think it's great how we're getting the word out to be nicer to ourselves, but, no offense, I don't really see what this has to do wtih anti-bullying. I'm not saying that this isn't and important story to tell girls, but I just don't think it fits in with the whole theme we're trying to get here. That's just my opinion though. Smile

XOXO~Courtney <333333