1 HOURS AGO Our fave 4 fashionistas from the Young Hollywood Awards: http://t.co/aK6YhM7ACD

2 HOURS AGO When to put the breaks on your #FWB relationship: http://t.co/QHXXVEw8w4

3 HOURS AGO Hey #DMV divas, snag awesome internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/jdgIrHLbpE

COMMENTS

Will my skinny jeans give me a yeast infection?

One day I came home from school and I was wearing a pair of skinny jeans. My mom told me to change. I had a lot...

MOD MOD MOD! During science class, I always feel my discharge coming out. But the weird thing is, in science, we are learning about fertilization while it comes out?! Is that weird, or coincidental? Also, when I get my discharge, about how long is it until I get my actual period?

Hey girlie, I'm pretty sure that's just pure coincidence and no relation. The time between discharge and your first period varies. Talk to your mom about when she got hers and that'll give you a better idea of when you might get yours.

Lauren T.

by beachlover123 on 2/27/2013 8:35:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
What is a yeast infection? I think i know what it is but i just want to know for sure what it is...
Thanks

Hey pau2000, a yeast infection is a term used when someone is experiencing discomfort down there. It could be itchy, burning or extremely sore. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by pau2000 on 2/22/2013 8:05:38 PM

WHAT DOES MOD MEAN??? IM NEW HERE IS I DONT KNOW

Hey girlie! 'Mod' helps draw the attention of the GL blog moderators (like me!) to your post. Stick it in front of a comment or a question and we'll pop in to give you a little advice!
Florence N.

by party0231 on 2/22/2013 7:05:36 AM

When ever I wake up I use the bathroom then thats when its starts I constanly have to use the bathroom and something weird happended I had a huge cramp on my hip near my you know what and I keep having headache am I having my period????? and also I been asking my mom for a small cup sized bra and im 12 years old and my training bras are super uncomfortable so what should I do????

by party0231 on 2/20/2013 7:54:16 PM

My sister and her finance is always smooching not just pecks ether
it makes me uncomfortable I tolled them it makes me uncomfortable
But they keep doing it you can hear them kissing to
its so gross I think that kissing should be pirvate not
Just something you do out in the open also my sis says really dirty
Gross stuff sometimes it gets really annoying because I feel like I'm more mature then her
also I get really moody when I'm on my period everyone just really annoys
me and if Somone says something wrong I get very upset how can I calm my nerves?

Hey girl, check out this post called: "Need a breather? 5 excuses for escaping the family madness."  To calm your nerves, take a deep breath- make your exhale last a little bit longer than your inhale.  Finding even just a moment of peace will help you stay calm, cool, and collected.

Karin E.

by redvelvetluv on 2/18/2013 10:32:16 AM

I've basically have worn skinny jeans every day for the past 3 years and I've never once got a yeast infection. I think its only if you are in them day and night that you will get a yeast infection.

by HockeyLuver on 2/17/2013 6:21:04 PM

I wear skinny jeans 3 days a week, jeggings 1 day, and loose jeans the other two days.

by Katrinaisamodel on 2/17/2013 7:58:13 AM

I love it when GL posts advice up here. Smile I was wondering the exact same thing!

by purplerainn on 2/16/2013 11:51:41 PM

I never wear the same skinny jeans for 2 days straight. I think its best to let things air our when you get home and when you go to sleep.
Does anyone know if completely shaving down there affects whether or not you will get a yeast infection?
I could see because of the direct contact and the tightness with the lack of air where it could make a difference.

Hey girlie,

Shaving can cause itching, but a lot of itching or burning can signify a yeast infection. Check out this post for more info: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/07/12/Itchy-down-there-after-my-period.aspx

Meghan D.

by fashionqn on 2/16/2013 11:26:06 PM

MOD MOD MODLaughing
I like this guy. He's always making a laugh in class with me being funny and all. Since we sit together by the teachers choosing, we do our work together. We have conversations and the teacher tells us to stop talking. Sometimes we look at each other, smile, and look away. I was being weird and he called me weird whilst laughing. The other day, i pointed out something in our science book i thought was cool and he told me he worries about me, joking of course. The same day, he gave me his candy that the teacher handed out in class. I'm not very good at this, but do you think he might like me? Thanks. x

Hey girlie,

It sounds like he might like you or at least want to get to know you as friends! If you're talking during class and getting in trouble, though, that's probably not a good idea, so maybe you could talk to him at lunch or after school or set up a study date since you have some of the same classes together. Once you spend more time with him as friends, you might get a better sense of whether or not he likes you as more than that!

Meghan D.