4 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

7 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

8 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

Will my skinny jeans give me a yeast infection?

One day I came home from school and I was wearing a pair of skinny jeans. My mom told me to change. I had a lot...

Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod
1. I have never had my period before and the other day I saw that I had this white sticky stuff coming out "down there". Not enough that it actually stained my underwear though. Why was I having that???
2. I got these new underwire bras, I've never worn this kind of bra before, pretty much only sports bras, and I like them, but I've noticed that at the end of the day after wearing them, the spot between where the cups are (in the middle on the front) is red and the bra kinda scratches there during the day. My mom will get so mad at me if she finds out I don't like them I already took the tags off! Is there any way to stop the scratching like putting tape on that spot or something?

Hey girl,

It is probably discharge, which is normal, though it never hurts to visit a doc to be sure! If the bras are hurting you, you may be able to bring them back to the store even if you have already worn them. Your mom won't be upset, because it's not your fault!

Meghan D.

by Lovepeacehope on 6/8/2012 11:49:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay I had two questions:
1. Okay when I start to know I'm gonna get my period again I wear a panty-liner to school and I check down there frequently to know if it is getting "dirty" down there. Usually I don't wear panty-liners, just pads. Sometimes like now a little blood gets on it before I really get my period and some dis-charge. I usually leave it on all day until I take my shower at night and change. Can this cause a yeast infection too?
2. I ALWAYS wear skinny jeans. I don't even own a pair of un-skinny jeans. I also leave the jeans on until I take my shower at night and put on my PJ's. My skinny jeans are never "too" tight. I buy them a little looser "up there". Is this okay or am I still a risk?
THX!!!! Smile

Hey girlie,

1. It could cause a yeast infection like anything else (wearing the same undies for too long, keeping a bathing suit on for a long time, etc.) It's probably better to change your pantyliner at least once throughout the day (like every 4-6 hours) to keep things fresh, clean and dry down there!

2. Skinny jeans are ok, girl! Just make sure you're wearing cotton undies most of the time because they breathe better. And since they're a little looser around your "down there" area, you'll be totally fine Smile
Lauren C.

by BabyDahl13 on 5/10/2012 6:58:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
So, I tried shaving "down there" but I couldn't!
It really hurt even though I washed it with soap and then put shaving cream on it! I do have sensitive skin,but whats wrong?

Hey girly! I have found that shaving with conditioner instead of shaving cream is much easier and smoother. Also, it may hurt a bit but remember that you are shaving a sensitive area and you dont need to push down hard. Also, short quick strokes are better than long ones, so start out and work your way in.
Ana D.

by dana3477 on 4/27/2012 3:26:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
Okay, so I am just starting with tampons. I successfully got them in, but after I walk around a little bit it starts to come out and hurt. Whats up with this? (Oh, and by the way, I use Tampax Pearl.)

Hey girly! Some times if they seem to be falling out or hurting, you may not have put them in all the way. Ifthe tampons is in correctly then you shouldnt feel it at all. Make sure that you are inserting it far enough. If you are having a hard time getting it in, it may be a bit too big so try a small size.
Ana D.

by dana3477 on 4/27/2012 3:17:19 PM

I have the yeast infection but I'm too scared to go to the doc cause I'm very insecure with the whole "down there deal". I am very private and I even hate gym cause I have to change. HELP!!!

They have OTC solutions for yeast infections.  Let your mom know about how you're worried you may have one and see how she can help you out. Jordan S.

by gotfashion_14 on 4/2/2012 8:58:21 PM

Something's up. I just finished my period. It itches (just a little, not really at all) and it hurts a little when I sit and walk down there. My discharge frankly seems normal, though. I think I might have irritated it because I didn't change my pads as frequently as I should have. Can you help? What exactly do you think is going on? Thanks.

Hey girlie,

It could just be irritation from wearing pads/having all that "gunk" down there. Sometimes when it's more moist down there, it can throw us off a little and make things uncomfy. But if it starts to itch a lot - and it starts to itch farther inside - you should see your doc. It could be a yeast infection, and those are NOT fun! Itchy itchy itchy stuff. So if you catch it early, your doc can give you creams to soothe the irritation and help ya get back on track Smile
Lauren C.

by potterandthedoctor on 3/29/2012 10:11:59 PM

i have a yeast infection but i dont want to tell me mom am i alowed to buy the remidy from the store on my one ? and if not is there a remidy for at home us i really do not want to tell my parents.

by catilina1999 on 3/12/2012 8:35:48 PM

MODMOD
It's me again, I'm just wondering, if it is a yeast infection, how does the doctor know??

Hey babe,

I know it sounds kinda awkward right now because you've never done it, but trust me your doctor has seen it ALL. I've heard a lot of girls saying like, "If the doctor has to look down there, forget it. It's too weird." But honestly if it itches and it's a yeast infection, it'll feel so much better once you're done with this - it's so worth calling the doc. Anyway, the doc will use a swab (looks like a cotton swab) "down there," which doesn't hurt at all. It's super quick - she basically gets a sample of the discharge down there, then she can test it for yeast levels. I'm not a doctor so I don't know exactly how that works, but she'll come back and tell you yes or no in minutes! Smile
Lauren C.

by ladedagirl on 3/1/2012 10:54:26 PM

MODMOD
sometimes it does itch 'down there" and it's not always on the outside... but deeper. I've never had sex or worn a tampon (though i have had my period). What could this be, and how can i stop it?? please answer, thank you Smile

Hey girlie,

Since it itches "down there" and inside, it's most likely a yeast infection. (Especially if it comes with a more chunky discharge.) Since this is the first time you've experienced this, you should DEFINITELY tell your mom/guardian and make an appointment at your doctor's office. Once they confirm it's a yeast infection, they'll probably give you a pill and/or cream to relieve the itch and cure the infection Smile And then you'll be back to normal!
Lauren C.

by ladedagirl on 3/1/2012 9:23:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! I don't know what's going on down there! I've had lower back cramping and Mood swings but every once in a while I will..itch and just the other day i got a lot of thin discharge. I am so confused! Please help!

That sounds like some signs of your period. I would stock up on tampons and pads and be prepared for what may come. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.