10 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

13 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

14 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

Will my skinny jeans give me a yeast infection?

One day I came home from school and I was wearing a pair of skinny jeans. My mom told me to change. I had a lot...

MOD MOD MOD MOD
can you get a yeast infection by leaving a pad on too long? and how often should i change my pad, because my period is heavy for about a week, and changing them too often can be expensive...
also, about 4 days into my period, by vagina starts to hurt, and i think it's because of my pad... any suggestions?

Hey girl,

Yes, leaving a pad on for too long can increase your chances of getting a yeast infection. It is recommended that you change your pad every 3 to 4 hours, and slightly more frequently if your flow is really heavy (the pad will get saturated more quickly). It is really important that you change your pad frequently in order to prevent odors, leakage, and build-up of bacteria. And it is definitely not normal for your vagina to be hurting, and it's unlikely to be from your pad- definitely tell your doctor about this ASAP!

Kathryn S.

by Blushing-Beauty on 1/4/2012 11:53:41 AM

MOD MOD MOD i wear skinny jeans all the time because they make me feel skinny and taller so that's not gonna give me a vagina prob. is it? cause at home and stuff i dont wear skinny jeans but at school i do ?? so should i stop wearing skinny jeans to be on the safe side? Frown

Hey girlie,

Not at all! Just try to pair those skinny jeans with cotton panties whenever possible (they breathe better and help you avoid yeast infections), bathe regularly, and wash the jeans about once a week - or more if you need to. And as you already do, don't stay in them ALL day and ALL night. Mix it up with looser pants, skirts, or dresses and you'll be fine! <3
Lauren C.

by mozilla10 on 12/31/2011 1:13:08 PM

Hey girlfriend, it's almost like a water balloon leaking. What happens is that fluid builds up in your ovary until it gets bigger and bigger, causing the pain your friends were describing. It's a good thing their doctors caught them. They should be fine, no worries. Smile xoxo MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
I have a couple of questions. Okay, so two of my friends said their ovary ruptured. What does that mean? They were complaining about their stomach hurting and thought it was a bad stomach ache, but it wasn't. Will they be able to have kids? I don't think they will but I'm still unsure. thanks mod I'm just looking out for my friends and it really worried me.
Smile Lynae P.

by Em11ily on 12/30/2011 6:09:36 PM

Yeah i need help too. i havent had my period yet and ive been sick with a sinus infectction and so i have to take medicine for it so it made me have a yeast infection and im scared i have to wear a pad type thing. is that normal when your a girl durring puberty?

by kkgirl2203 on 12/29/2011 8:51:52 PM

one more reason i hate skinny jeans and dont where them

by Monkeygirl2011 on 12/20/2011 1:51:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I've been off school for 3 days with the flu now. This is my 4th day off. It takes pretty much everyone 1-2 days to get better from flu. What do you reccomend to help me get better?

Lots of rest, fluids, and Vitamin C, chica.  Feel better!
Jordan S.

by catluverforlife on 12/8/2011 4:20:37 AM

PLEASE DO NOT SHOW THIS QUESTION!!!!
1)so when i wipe my discharge some of my pubic hair goes on it making it darker is that normal?
2)so im 12 almost 13 my sister is 8 almost 9 is it possible she can get her period before me?(by the way just asking. it is imposibal she does not even have discharge i had it for 3 years!)thx sooooooo much!

Lynae P.

by winxclub37 on 12/2/2011 7:30:10 PM

Mod, Mod, Mod
What r the signs of a yeast infection, just so I know if I ever have one. And how can you get one?

Lynae P.

by aerogirl1 on 11/26/2011 5:49:26 PM

MODMODMOD
what are the sign of a yeast infection? cuz even when i dont have my period i wear a thin toilet paper pad cuz i dont like the feeling of not wearing one and the feeling of wet discharge, i was just wondering if that was bad? and if that would give me a yeast infection.

Hey babe,

First off, read this article for the deets on yeast infections. Since your underwear are probably made of a breathable material like cotton, you shouldn't have to worry about wet discharge causing an infection. It'll dry before you know it - as long as you change your underwear regularly (like, when you shower every day), you'll be ok! Doctors do say that warm, moist environments like wet bathing suit bottoms help yeast infections form, but underwear is made of different fabric! <3
Lauren C.

by hermionelover on 11/19/2011 10:11:15 PM

Hey girl, you need to tell your 'rents about this. You sound legit sick and they need to take you to a doctor or at least give you some medicine. Don't feel bad about this: we all feel gross sometimes but it's so important you let your mom or dad know so they can help you get better.

xoxo