12 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

15 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

16 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

Your best DIY Halloween costume ideas ever!

Still not sure what ya wanna be this Oct. 31? Read on for some craft-spiration…

Last year I was a magician-I wore a plain white tee, black jeans, a black blazer, and painted a pencil black with a white end to look like a wand. My fave part was the hat-it was a black top hat with a king, queen, and jack playing cards stapled to it! Oh, and I also brought a stuffed rabbit to pull out of my hat Smile

by Lady Grey on 2/9/2013 5:13:01 PM

this year i was instagram Laughing i watched a tutorial on youtube and it came out great Smile

by softballgymnast32 on 11/19/2012 6:00:11 PM

Last year I dressed up as a smart cookie. I made a giant cookie costume and wore glasses and held a calculator.

by Geigo on 10/6/2012 8:09:01 PM

im going to be waldo Smile

by fabstar543 on 9/21/2012 5:30:15 PM

I'm going to be Effie trinket from the hunger games

by Taylor243 on 8/24/2012 1:28:55 PM

My friends and I are masquerading this year

by Cutiepie7 on 8/23/2012 6:11:14 PM

My best friend was a Twix bar! She wore black leggings with a cami, and covered herself in gold foil. To add a finishing touch, she taped a bowl to her head and filled it with Twix bars! Best Halloween bash ever!

by hamsterluvin on 6/27/2012 7:09:42 PM

i was a corn stalk once :3

by softballgymnast32 on 4/21/2012 12:03:58 PM

I always have to be so sparkly and everything. Even though I'm in the fifth grade, this year I was a (gorgeous, sparkly, glittery) fairy princess. All of my friends and girls in my class loved it, but next year I'm going into the middle school - sixth grade and will people still love my fashinista, sparkly taste? Or will they make fun of me? Anyway, I think I'm going to be a cheerleader- is that okay?

by Sarah510 on 3/18/2012 11:22:59 AM

MOD MOD! Is 11 To young to love? Or when is the right time to date? I Know my crush likes me..but i don't if its time. Thanks!

Hey girl! there is no age for love, but it usually takes a long time to know that you do love someone. Being in love is when you know everything about a person and want to always be with them and consider them a best friend, not just a crush.
Ana D.

by Emma2112 on 3/16/2012 1:38:08 PM

I was Katniss from THG this past halloween (2011)

by BeccaBunneh on 3/15/2012 12:31:51 AM

MOD MOD! So, Theres a guy i like..Lets say his name is J. for val-times i want to give him a choclate by im too scared he will take it the wrong way... He stares at me in class we always talk after class and sit at the same table he follows me! Do you think we have a chance at love?

Hey Girl,

You and "J" seem to be in a good place - you talk, sit at the same table, and he stares at you (when guys stare, it usually means they like the person). I suggest you just give it a try! The only two options are that he really likes the chocolate and maybe asks you out, or that he doesn't like it. But then you know and can move on to find another cutie!

alicia m. alicia m.

by Emma2112 on 1/26/2012 7:38:30 AM

I was an EGYPTIAN!!!! It was so fun!!

by HannahNYC on 1/21/2012 6:58:12 PM

I was a pirate. I made the costume out of a white shirt, a red cami, a black skirt, and a red scarf to tie around my head. And my black boots.

by PurplePansy on 12/8/2011 7:51:01 AM

i was a gipsy home made costume to !
srry cant spell

by coccobello on 11/26/2011 8:19:52 PM

One of my friends were "smartie pants" and stucked a lot of smarties on her pants!!! lol

by usmcbratknc on 11/10/2011 7:01:54 PM

I was "Self Absorbed". I safety pinned sponges all over a jacket and wrote "ME" all over myself.

by HaleyofTroy on 11/8/2011 6:51:06 PM

I'm gonna be a scene nerdSmile

by HollaYo on 10/31/2011 11:07:31 AM

I'm Bella and my BF is going to be Edward and my BGF is going to be Jacob. =D

by big time rush on 10/30/2011 9:38:47 PM

Thanks for the autograph page idea! Getting an early start for next year!!!

by hkmmorgan on 10/30/2011 5:19:42 PM

Last year I was Medusa. I hotglued plastic snakes onto a headband and on hair barrettes. I also wore sunglasses.

by shiloh98 on 10/30/2011 10:36:18 AM

I was Kono from Hawaii Five-O.

by taylorswiftfan1236 on 10/30/2011 9:48:52 AM

Hey, I know this is the wrong section for this question, but I need to know! Hahaha sorry. Ok, well I like this guy named Noah, and all my friends know it. They all liked a guy named Cooper, so they were all like, "Don't worry about us, you can have him." I know that they didn't ever like him. Until now. I was at a party tonight and my friend told me two girls like Noah, but she couldn't say who. So I texted my friend, who I thought liked Cooper, and said,"Leila told me two girls like Noah, do you know who they are?" She texted back and said "Umm ya, me and Evie." I know she's not mad, but idk know what to text back, what do I say?! Help me!

Hey girlie,

I know you might feel threatened or even a little annoyed, but I wouldn't say anything to let them know you're feeling uncomfortable about this news. If you need to text back, just say something like, "oh ok, cool Smile" It's pretty neutral and won't cause any drama. But use this as motivation to get to know Noah better - put yourself out there, get to know him, flirt, and make sure you don't let them swoop in and ruin things for ya!
Lauren C.

by razzberriezgrl on 10/29/2011 11:58:55 PM

i live in a cold place, and we sometimes trick or treat in the snow! so if its really cold out, i bundle up in a nice coat and boots and i dress up my dog (she loves to dress up, so its not forced upon her) and say i'm a dog walker!

by becca_boo12 on 10/29/2011 2:58:16 PM

This year i'm going as Belatrix Lestrange. I got pretty much the whole costume from goodwill. I found a bodice there and dyed it black. it's probably the coolest costume i've ever worn. I even made a wand out of and stick from my backyard!

by iheartfrance22 on 10/29/2011 12:18:58 PM

Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger games- tan pants, neon orange backpack, green t-shirt, knee length black jacket, mud makeup, flame painted nails, bow and arrows and quiver, dagger, etc

by soccerlover99 on 10/29/2011 11:44:58 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD im going trick or treating tonight and its going to be 31 degrees and snowing and i dont know what im going to be yet HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something warm! Maybe an arctic explorer? That way the coat and such won't interfere but rather be a part of your costume Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by artgaldh on 10/29/2011 9:40:39 AM

I was a globe once, and i really love the progressive idea

by kewauneegal on 10/29/2011 9:38:41 AM

This Year I made my costume , i am gonna be a girl from outer space. i got this weird mini dress thats kinda futuristic and i got some long leather boots. and cool sunshades and i am gonna spray my hair lots of colors i think it'll look good Laughing

by rolapa on 10/29/2011 5:28:38 AM

So m gona be a agent from men in black the movie and im gonna wear black dress pants, white button up shirt with black pumps, black tie, a black blaiser. Im also gonnna wear sunglasses and slick my hair back into a ponytail. For mmakeup i was thinking red lipstick...? Anything to add? And exessories?

Red lipstick means minimal eye makeup, so keep it natural Smile As far as accessories, don't forget your shades!

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by lijbsinger on 10/29/2011 2:55:22 AM

Moderator! Mod mod!!!!
Please answer! I asked twice with no answer (c=!
So I have a few choices on what I'd like to be for Halloween a tiger, bumble bee, catwoman, or a creepy doll. I know all the makeup that I'd wear but the outfits Idk! I can buy a couple nesrsary things for the costume but not a ton. My closet consists of girly clothing (jeans, jeggings, colored tops, skirts, and shorts, ect.). Could you help me on what I should wear for each costume? And if you have any other suggestions that would be welcome! Thank to sooo much, please do answer as much as possible and ASAP (Halloween party very soon)!
Thanks in advance!
Live laugh love!

Hey girl,

Ok, here's what I would do for each of the options you said....

Tiger: It'd be amazing if you could find a shirt with orange and black stripes, but that's probably not likely. Instead, grab a plain orange tee shirt from a craft store and use a black Sharpie marker to draw tiger stripes on it. Pair it with some black skinny jeans!

Bumble Bee: I'd probably splurge and buy one of those cute bumble bee dress costumes out there. Some have a cute black tutu around your hips and even little antennae to wear on your head! Paired with black pantyhose, it'd be adorable.

Catwoman: A pair of black skinny jeans or black leather/leatheresque leggings with a fitted black tee and cat ears! Knee-high black boots would also look great to finish the look.

Creepy doll: A white tee shirt and a jumper (bonus points if it's corduroy) would be great for this costume. Creepy makeup (drawn-on stitches, circles under your eyes, etc.) would take it to the next level!
Lauren C.

by Lll328 on 10/28/2011 11:40:29 PM

I can't decide what I'm going to be this year, probably Taylor Swift because that is the simpliest and I'm not going trick or treating cuz im sick. Frown

by nerdisthewurd26 on 10/28/2011 10:17:46 PM

I am going to be a Highway. You wear all black clothing and stick yellow tape going up from your shins to your chest and get plastic cars and glue them to your body. I thought it was easy, and pretty funny too.

by lalala12344 on 10/28/2011 9:59:26 PM

I also wore a thin brown watch on my wrist

by lovetc247 on 10/28/2011 9:38:05 PM

Is this normal: I got my period at school one day at like noonish maybe 11, and it was average flow then. the next day was heavy, and so was was today. and then it just abrunptly stopped at like 4:30ish. Is that normal? Because usually my periods are like 5-7 days... but of course it was only my 6th period... but yeah. is that normal? only like 2 and a half days.

Hey girlie,

Yep, it's totally normal! It might not even be the end - it's possible that it could be irregular and stop a few days in, only to pick up a day later and finish up. Or it could be over for the month! It's tough to predict it exactly, but what we do know is that it's super natural for our periods to act irregular Smile
Lauren C.

by oceanlover69 on 10/28/2011 9:38:01 PM

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was Flo last year!!!!!!!!! I had a white polo white jeans an apron which i used an iron on transfer so it said progressive i printed out her button name tag and i had black converse sneakers. Then i did bright red lipstick a little work with my eyes. Im blond so i dyed my hair brown and made it bumped up. I also had a really thick nlur hairband like Flo. I think my costume was a little more "authentic" than Zoe's. I mean seriously Flo wearing sweat pants???? Though i commend her for choosing. an awesome person to portray. I went trick or treating and I swear I was the only Flo un all of my county. FYI im from Indiana, mostly cornfields lol Smile

by lovetc247 on 10/28/2011 9:36:59 PM

I have a major crisis. I have an orchestra concert on halloween. I have to dress up I have no money and limited time. I saw the previous articles and don't have any of that in my closet and my parents don't have any money. What should I be?

Hey girlie,

Do you have any black and white stripes? You could go as a prisoner! Or if they're thin stripes, you could draw on a mustache with eyeliner, throw on a beret-like hat and skinnies, and be French! You could put an apron on and be a chef too Smile
Lauren C.

by vlre42 on 10/28/2011 9:27:47 PM

Hey that's my costume up there!

by squigglegiggle13 on 10/28/2011 9:06:31 PM

Haha I like the Flo one... This year I'm being a Hogwarts student from Gryffindor haha no one in particular, but I made myself a scarf and I have a cape and I'm going to wear a blouse and skirt with knee socks. Oh yeah, and carry a magic bag;)

by smileysevvie on 10/28/2011 8:46:25 PM

I was a stick person! Wear all black with glow sticks attached to your arms and legs and body it was so cool!

by dancer1846 on 10/28/2011 7:41:45 PM

I made a head band with wires coming up and attached a red paper cardboard cowboy hat to it. "I'm thinking Arby's." BEST COSTUME EVER.

by zwinky on 10/28/2011 7:40:39 PM

One of my friends, Madison, dressed up as Flo from the Progressive Insurance commercials for last night's Halloween dance at my school, and she ended up winning the costume contest! It was so cool! Smile

by teamjacob0625 on 10/28/2011 7:37:44 PM

One year I was a sushi roll.

by rock-itpop on 10/28/2011 7:31:22 PM

Last year I saw someone as Flo too! And I was going to be the toothpaste once too! My best DIY one though was 2 years ago. I took a plain white (big) box and cut a hole in the bottom for my head and made it look like a dryer! It was cool haha. Laughing

by HMS712 on 10/28/2011 7:10:45 PM

I was Pippy Longstocking when I was younger: extremely long socks (mismatched prints), bright red braids that went out to the side with a hanger, shorts, and a tshirt with a bunch of patches!

by oceanlover69 on 10/28/2011 6:51:32 PM

Omg thats so weird....i was Flo last year!! i has almost the same costume as they said!!

by Celtics_Ball on 10/28/2011 5:59:12 PM

Want to be in gymnastics or another sport but for some reason or another, can't? join the I WANT TO BE A GYMNAST! club! BTW IT ISNT JUST FOR GYMNASTICS!

by georgetownroad on 10/28/2011 5:26:19 PM

Need cash in a flash? Join the Making Money 101 club! There, you'll learn ways to make money, how to save money, and how to bargain shop so your money will be worth it's while! You can join by finding the club icon on my profile, or look it up in the clubs section. Please, Join Today!

by LuvYaBunches on 10/28/2011 5:00:09 PM

I know you guys hate it when people ask you to go to their page for advice... but i'm doing an anonymous advice column for schoo land i would love to answer all of your questions! Smile thanks! Devin A.

by 4202_luver on 10/28/2011 4:57:18 PM

HEY GIRLS! Need advice? visit my page and ill will answer all of your questions! (I am a member of seventeens get advice and am one fo the highest ranked answer queens)

by 4202_luver on 10/28/2011 4:41:22 PM

My friend was a detective one year. It was really cool

by 12coco on 10/28/2011 4:33:22 PM

I dressed up as Lady Gaga (Just Dance costume) with red jumpsuit, bleach blonde wig, her glasses, it was pretty epic! Smile

by ButterflyGirl18 on 10/28/2011 4:15:14 PM