4 HOURS AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

7 HOURS AGO 5 #DIY options for your Thanksgiving table centerpiece: http://t.co/NS6hhu9ckR

8 HOURS AGO 5 Xmas smoothies that prove holiday treats CAN be healthy: http://t.co/YDVZvghmQg

COMMENTS

Can't sleep? 4 tips to catch up on your zzz's

Your dream of falling asleep without tossing and turning just came true...

unless it's a weekend, a decent night's sleep seems impossible.

by monicagrace on 12/8/2012 2:18:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I just got a letter in the mail from our school and we have to watch "THE MOVIE" you know, we have to watch the girl video (which we watched last year) AND THE BOyY movie!!! I'm freaking out. I'm fine with the girl video (I've already had my period) but the BOY movie????!!! IDK what to do! help!!!!

Hey girlie,

There's nothing to do - you have to learn about this stuff eventually! So take a deep breath and relax. Remember: while boys seem totally different from us (and yeah, they're different in some physical ways), they go through lots of scary changes and grow up during puberty just like we do. There's nothing to be scared of! It'll help you and your girl friends understand guys a little bit better and be prepared for the future - when you like a guy, if you get married, and if you ever have a son. I know that seems totally far off and the video doesn't seem needed, but it's good to have all the info! <3 You and your besties will go through this vid together, so talk about it afterwards with them and don't be afraid to talk to a parent/a trusted adult about it too. It's nothing bad or taboo - it's life! Smile
Lauren C.

by DreamSinger on 4/19/2012 5:32:07 PM

MOD see i fall asleep to the sound of people talking when i am in bed. but then i start thinking about random things and my ADD kiks in. then im up for 2 or 3 hours more! i have tryed to take pills to help me fall asleep but they dont work! and i think its cuz i dont tire myself out durring the day. but i cant do much! HELP!!!!

Hey girl,

If you've got a medical issue like ADD and your medication isn't helping, only a doctor can give you the advice and help you need, so ask your parents to schedule you an appointment. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by may9 on 3/17/2012 1:35:25 AM

Ohhhh sleep sounds GREAT right now gotta catch on my zzzzzz

by merrymerry22 on 2/16/2012 5:50:11 PM

i use relax from bath and body works. it works great!

by username0000 on 1/12/2012 8:47:07 PM

MODMODMOD Do you know any ways to help clear my mind and to refresh it?

Lynae P.

by peaceluvsmile on 12/7/2011 8:03:26 PM

I'm getting much better at staying on a routine at night! It really does help! qSmile

by ilovegl98 on 12/3/2011 4:08:22 PM

mod MOD MOD!
my mom wont get me a new bra! and my boobs are growing faster than before,like every six weeks!!! how do i ask her without bugging!

Hey girl!

Tell her you can't keep up with your changing boobs and that the bras you already own fit you uncomfortably. She'll probably understand and will be willing to help you out Smile
Devin A.

by mirah89 on 12/2/2011 7:17:21 AM

Ok this was my rection:
( me reading unplug)me:Nooooooooooooooooooo! But I sleep the tv on!
But other than that thanks I havent been get that much sleep and when ever I do I'm still tried .
Note:buy sleep mask

by SaIlorpanda on 11/30/2011 9:03:49 PM

~MOD~
I'm 15 and going into modeling/acting. I already use baking soda infused toothpaste stuff, but it doesn't work all that well, so I want to use white strips or something. My brother told me it's not good for my teeth to start whitening them at my age. He's always messing with me, and I don't know if I should believe him. Yes or no to white strips? Thanks! =)

Hey girl,

It's not great to use whitening strips because it makes your enamel weaker immediately after using them, but they are FDA approved so they're not a health hazard. You just have to decide if it's worth it for you! If you're concerned about anything or have any questions (like how to use them), ask your dentist what he/she thinks. That's the best thing to do because they're professionals!
Lauren C.

by dancer.eag on 11/24/2011 7:54:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD! I think i may have diabetes because i have been drinking a lot of water lately (just started high school and i bring five pint sized water bottles to school daily) and i have no interest in eating that much anymore and i feel sick at the thought of eating something. i don't know if i've lost weight because i don't have a scale and i haven't had to go to the bathroom a lot only about three times a day. i can't afford a meter so i can't test myself. PLEASE HELP I DON'T WANT TO TELL MY PARENTS BECAUSE THEY WILL LAUGH AND DISREGARD IT! -Renae

Hey girl, mhmm that is strange. Maybe ask your school nurse if she has any ideas about what may be going on with you. You may have to tell your parents if it's serious. Hope this helps! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by ImJustMe96 on 11/19/2011 7:49:37 PM

I notice that on the weekends my body is so use to going to bed at nine or ten a clock that thats the time it wants me to go to bed

by roxxi1 on 11/13/2011 9:58:16 AM

MOD MOD MOD I NEED SERIOUS HELP!!! I can't stop procrastinating! I need help, how can I stop? Do you know how I can form a schedule so I can get my work done organized? Thanks! Love, Claudia

Hey girlfriend, you need to sit down and give yourself at least 2 hours a couple days a week to work on whatever it is you need to get done. Maybe on Monday, Wednesday and Friday you do work from 3 to 6. Be sure to take breaks in between so you don't tire yourself out. Hope this helps! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by claudsoda on 11/12/2011 8:49:29 PM

mod mod mod I'm having MAJOR trouble with water weight. I look either pregnant or super skinny. I drink tons of water, am super active, and eat fine. I just constantly have to suck in my stomach because it looks like when I was little and stuffed a pillow in my shirt. How do I get rid of it? I'll do anything! It's not fat. It just happens after meals and stays until the next meal. I'm only skinny first thing in the morning. Help me!

Hey girly, I think you should talk to your doctor about this. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is and I don't want to give you any wrong info. Your doc will defintely be able to help you. Hope you feel better. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by SaraJ on 11/12/2011 5:31:58 PM

I really like this guy we always talk but i dont know how to tget the confos to last longer and i always find myself thinking about him what do i do!?!?! I like him but im afraid he might not like me!

by ToriSwannie on 11/11/2011 5:00:34 PM

okay so i like this guy (well im kinda in love *blush*)and
my friend told him i like him and he says he knows. and he alsways comes up to talk to me even when he is with his friends and at the end of the day. and he also playfully says he loves me when he hugs me. what does this mean? Or what should i do?

Hey Doll,

It sounds like he might like you, but now that he knows you do, he should be clear about his intentions. He might be just teasing you with his flirty actions (ugh can't boys be so annoying?), or he might just be too shy to ask you out. Keep hanging out with him and look for signs that he likes you. Most importantly, see how he acts around other girls. This could tell you if he's interested in just you or is just a flirty friend.
Rachel N.

by princess3156 on 11/11/2011 10:25:42 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Yesterday I had cheer tryouts and after words, my left thigh hurt. Then today in P.E. we did a lot of agility work and both my thighs hurt. We had 4 groups in gym and took turns running in groups. Between turns, i would stretch. Could i have pulled a muscle or something?

Hey girlie,

You could have pulled a muscle, but it's also possible it's just recovering from your use of it during tryouts. I'm sure training for tryouts was intense and made you use muscles hard that you hadn't used in a while! If it continues to hurt without improving, check with your doctor/school's trainer for a more professional opinion <3
Lauren C.

by crush2010 on 11/5/2011 12:20:23 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have been sick ALOT lately and I normally get 11 hours of sleep per day that I'm sick. Is this bad for me since I am sick?

Hey girlie,

Noo, it's not bad! If your bod isn't feeling well, you need lots of rest in order to get healthy again! Sleep as much as possible Smile 11 hours is a lot and will help.
Lauren C.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 11/4/2011 9:14:05 PM

thanks for these tips! there are always a lot of things on my mind and when i did the breathing technique, i fell asleep faster than i normally would!! so thank you once again. Smile

by islandgirl23 on 11/4/2011 7:59:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD today I just got my 3rd period and last time I tried a tampon and it was really painful when I walked around and sat down. I have trampolining tomorrow where I do loads of flips, seat bounces and star jumps and I don't think I can use a pad because I easily leak and I have a heavy flow. so I tried my second tampon today and pushed it in further and it feels a bit better but still hurts and no way can I do any of the things I will do at trampolining. what should I do??

Hey babe!

Putting in a tampon for the first couple of times can feel uncomfortable. Here's an article about things you can do in order to alleviate that pain: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/19/Tampon-trouble-It-still-hurts.aspx Good luck, and have fun at trampolining! xoxox
Devin A.

by waffles123 on 11/4/2011 2:03:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD I have this friend who has been hanging out with this girl I have felt a little left out. When I tried to hangout with them the girl said I was trying to get in their buisness. Help what should I do?

Hey girl!

It seems like your friend's friend isn't so nice! I think you should hang out with your friend one-on-one and tell her exactly how it feels when they exclude you. Tell her that you're respectful of the fact that she has other friends, but you want to maintain your friendship, too. Since this friend's friend doesn't appear to be so nice, you don't have to try and be friends with her - just don't diss her to your friend, and hold your head high. If you're friend's a true friend, she'll make an effort to hang out with you more. Xoxox
Devin A.

by Lalainya on 11/4/2011 1:19:30 PM

Very helpful!

by caligirl99 on 11/4/2011 10:57:06 AM

MODMODMOD!!!
i have rlly dark circles under my eye, and at night i sleep rlly well. What gives? Also how do I conceal them?

Hey girl,

Make sure you're drinking enough water each day as well! It could just be your bod's natural coloring (the skin there could be thin - or any number of other reasons), so try not to stress. Instead, find a cream concealer in a shade slightly lighter than your actual skin tone. Apply it there with a finger or sponge, then smudge to blend. Some makeup artists also use a green concealer stick to even out the tones. Personally though, the cream concealer works just fine to cover 'em up Smile
Lauren C.

by magical :) on 11/3/2011 11:47:23 PM

Hey girls! Come join my club, All Things Growing Up! Thank you(:

by EgirlH.97 on 11/3/2011 10:27:13 PM

Hey I commented on this earlier, like 6 hours ago, and it never showed up... but I was just wondering if there was any way I could get to sleep earlier because my hw takes me until 1 am almost every night. I'm starting it as early as possible, but I just take such a long time because I have SO much to do. I shouldn't even be on here now because I have so much to do right now. What should I do? I sleep through class because I only get 4 or 5 hours every night. Help!!

Hey girl,

Do you do any clubs/activities? You might consider cutting back on those in order to save more time for schoolwork, since clearly you're having a rough year in terms of work. Are you in all honors classes? You should also consider possibly not taking a full schedule of demanding classes next year, so you have time to breathe and take care of yourself. Finally, with each night of homework, you HAVE to prioritize. Which assignments are worth the most? Work on those carefully, while you skim your reading and spend less time on smaller assignments. It's great to be detail-oriented, but not when it's costing you rest! Working hard is excellent and I'm proud of you that you're so focused, but you'll also run yourself into the ground if you keep getting bad sleep. It's not healthy! And what good is working hard if you're sick and fall far behind anyway? No good. P.S. If you need extensions, don't be afraid to ask your teachers. They'll know you work hard and aren't just trying to be lazy with the assignment! <3
Lauren C.

by mememe6 on 11/3/2011 10:10:19 PM

I always listen to relaxing music, turn my alarm clock towards the wall, and focus on breathing when I'm trying to fall asleep. Smile

by teamjacob0625 on 11/3/2011 8:15:55 PM

MODMODMOD!!
i've been loosing ALOT of hair lately.like when I shampoo, condition, and comb, in total it looks like a lock of my hair came out. it doesn't actually come out in clumps- it comes out in lots of strands. i wash my hair every other day and deep condition every 2-3 weeks.
i also get 6 hours of sleep everyday Frown does that have to do with it? i'm usually kinda tired. and i always take my regular diabetes medication (type 2, im 15 and weigh .... lbs)do u have any idea what could be causing the hair loss?
thanks Smile

Hey girlie,

My hairdresser says that we often lose strands of hair because we're in need of a trim! Our hair gets brittle and can break, so it keeps it healthy and fresh to get it trimmed every so often. Try asking your hairdresser why this is happening. If their answer doesn't cut it, ask your doc! Smile
Lauren C.

by pisceas27 on 11/3/2011 8:07:02 PM

i used to not be able to fall sleep at all!! i went 2 my doctor and she said take melatonin. i take a 3 mg pill about 30 minutes before i go to bed. dont take it without ur parents or doctors permission tho idk all the side affects or whatever else that may apply to people whose bodies are different than mine.

by cody-simpson-is-amazing on 11/3/2011 7:45:27 PM

thanks for this post! I ALWAYS HAVE TROUBLE SLEEPING THINKING ABOUT SCHOOL!
whoa didnt mean for that to be caps haha

by fbvb13 on 11/3/2011 6:44:52 PM

I just take a bunch of sleeping pills. Not the healthiest approach, but it works.

by chiisai_senshi on 11/3/2011 6:33:25 PM

Hahaha I wish I had that problem
I get like 5 hours of sleep not because I can't but because I don't have time.
High school sucks

by ninadasiy on 11/3/2011 5:29:45 PM

ya i have this same prob! i'll go to bed at 9:30 and then i'll look at the clock and it will be like 10:45 then i'm alwayyyss tired in the morning

by girlygirl22werock on 11/3/2011 5:00:03 PM

I am soooooooooooo happy you made this!!! Even if I knew most of these already, it's nice to get a couple more tips.

by AlwaysDreamer on 11/3/2011 4:34:55 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
I have a really hard time falling asleep.  I keep figiting.  Sometimes it will be 2 in the morning and I barely caught a blink of sleep.  So in the morning I have dark circles under my eyes and it takes me forever to get ready!  What time should I go to sleep?  Is this a medical problem, I have always had it?

Hey girlie,

definitely try out some of the things in this article.  You should be getting at least 8 hours of sleep like it says, so AT LEAST eight hours earlier than when you have to get up in the morning.  If it continues to worry, grab your mom and ask her to take you to a doc.
Jordan S.

by cheekymonkey1 on 11/3/2011 4:29:25 PM

im definitely trying these Smile

by filaluvva on 11/3/2011 4:26:57 PM

MOD! How can I delete/leave a club? On my profile it says I'm the president of 3 clubs I never joined, and that I'm the only member :/

Hey girlie,

Read all our frequently asked club questions riiiiight HERE Smile
Lauren C.

by rocketqueenxo on 11/3/2011 4:23:17 PM

Mod mOd moD
I need some help. I keep asking my mom to take me to the mall so i can get a winter jacket. She keeps saying she will, and tells me a day. On the day she said we will go, she always says we can't. I know we will go and i try not to be mad, But its hard. I really need to get some stuff and it seems like she won't take me. What should i do?

Pull up some super-cute winter jackets online to show to her.  Online shopping is perfect for situations like these.

Jordan S.

by curlygirl9 on 11/3/2011 4:11:57 PM

First Comment!
These look cool!

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 11/3/2011 4:02:56 PM

That is helpful

by lol9586 on 11/3/2011 3:59:10 PM

Hey gl readers!
come check out my fashion blog at themanyhuesofheather.blogspot.com ask my fashion advice and watch for postings each week. become a member and help me reach my goal of more members! thanks!
xoxoxx
-heather

by crazy chica 14 on 11/3/2011 3:52:20 PM

Thanks for the ideas, GL! I normally get about 8 hours of sleep but I would want more. I also sometimes have trouble falling asleep but the ideas you gave were great! I'll try them out soon enough.

by sweetooth on 11/3/2011 3:07:31 PM