AN HOUR AGO Why using dryer sheets could be a health risk 😷:http://t.co/5YY4YXjU6ww

4 HOURS AGO Forget whatcha heard! Gingers do, indeed, have souls: http://t.co/00mxgpFRev

5 HOURS AGO Is Lauren from @FifthHarmony chick secretly dating a member of @TheVampsband? http://t.co/YDLnDrNTIm #harmonizers

COMMENTS

10 signs your bestie kicks butt

When it comes down to the people we heart most, our besties are always leadin’ the pack

i dont really have a best friend...

by LCV554 on 11/6/2011 9:51:45 AM

I love my bestie(s) because they're ALWAYS there for me and they're really funny!!

by sweetooth on 11/6/2011 9:45:21 AM

my bestie literally kicks butt. she does hapkido ;)

by Kalulah on 11/6/2011 9:18:46 AM

Mod mod mod
My old best friend, C from about 1 grade to maybe 4 when I switched schools and left her behind. We tried hanging out and were pretty close in 5 and 6 but in 7 we drifted a bit. I'm in 8 now and I don't want to even try anymore. A new girl went to their school in like 6 or 7 gr. and she and that girl got rly close. That girl moved to florida last summer and C skypes and facebooks her constantly. I realised, she never facebooks me, she never texts or calls me, she never tries to hang out with me. I don't want to try if she doesn't. We don't talk about over half the stuff up there in the article when we do ever hang out. My mom and her parents and aunt are friends though, whenever my mom would come pick me up sometimes they'd just talk for an extra two hours!
I want to move on, but she was like my sister we signed all our cards and letters lylas and I only used that saying with her. What should I do?
Thanks in advance, sorry it was so long! Now back to writing nanowrimo!

Hey girlie,

I know you feel a responsibility to keep this friendship alive, but it's totally normal for friends to drift apart as they grow up. And it's ok to accept the fact that you need to move on! Especially with distance between you both, it's naturally going to be difficult to keep your friendship strong like it was. But that's ok - use this time to grow closer with the other friends you have and maybe even meet new ones. What matters is that you gave it a try (which you did) - you did everything right and it just didn't work out <3 That's ok, babe!
Lauren C.

by LLL328 on 11/6/2011 9:01:17 AM

MOD MOD
I'm feeling really depressed right now because my friends always tease me and call me weird or a freak or whatever. I"m starting to believe them because I honestly can't seem to say anything right! I've tried talking to them about it, especially my best friend, but she never seems "to recall saying any of that stuff". I love my friends most of the time and I don't want to get a whole new group because these are the friends that have the same passion as me so everything I do they do too. How else can I say that I don't like what they say?

Hey girl,

WHY oh why do you love these friends? They're turning you into an insecure, self-conscious gal! While it's ok once in a while for friends to point out flaws or mistakes we're making, overall you should be able to rely on them to be supportive, loving, and on your team. These friends are stomping all over you - which is NOT ok! So personally, I'd try to get to know other people and find friends who don't enjoy putting me down. But if you really want to stick with these girls, you need to be firm. "I don't care if you don't remember, because you said it - and you've been doing it often. It hurts me and I'm tired of it." Be confident (even if you don't feel it, fake it) when you say this! You have to be firm in order to make them realize that they're really hurting you with what they say <3
Lauren C.

by rellim on 11/6/2011 8:59:05 AM

She Is CRAZY like me!!!

by EQC123 on 11/6/2011 7:13:51 AM

People say my best friend and i are nothing alike. We don't like the same boys, have the same style, or share the same interest. But... we do share the same values and the same humor!(: She will always be there for me... even when everyone else won't! I love you hay!

by purpleorchid on 11/6/2011 2:28:46 AM

So true!!! I love my bff shes practically my sister!!!!

by sparrowchavez on 11/6/2011 1:46:01 AM

first comment! yay! i love my best friend because we can laugh about the same thing without even talking!

by sdx17 on 11/6/2011 1:18:03 AM