1 HOURS AGO Bring summer camp to your kitchen with this recipe for s'mores bars: http://t.co/KiwKQgIIrS

2 HOURS AGO Feeling pressured by your BF? @carol_weston weighs in: http://t.co/ep8EtKNgT5

3 HOURS AGO Hey #DMV divas, snag stellar internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/lC3tGfESmN

COMMENTS

11 body myths you shouldn't believe

The truth behind diets, fat-blasting crunches and underwire bras…

mod mod mod
what happens before ou start you period ?
e.g : 1 month before
do you get pains and heavy discharge
cause i get heavy discharge and tiny amount of blood like a pin spec of blood ................ O:

Hey Babe-

Periods are different for everyone. Most girls start to notice some discharge in their underwear a few months before they get their period. Pains are common right before you get your period or during the first few days. They're called cramps. If you noticed some blood in your underwear, you might have had your first period! It should last a few days. Talk to a parent/guardian or your doc about getting pads and tampons.

Marisa D.

by sunriseXD on 5/29/2012 12:52:02 PM

Hi! even though this is not one bit close to this article I been dying how to fix this problem. Well Right now My Uhhh..... Profile Is Private! I unchecked to be private, also my parents already approved. But it Still Won't show. I had a Girls Life's account since the beginning of this month. Please Help! Thank you Smile

by NinjaPanPan on 1/17/2012 7:50:53 PM

I am wondering when you think i will get my period. not to be rude but please do not say like 'only time will tell' thanks.

-i am 13

-i am in 8th grade

-practically all of my friends have theirs

-i am 5ft 5in

-i am 100lbs

-i am bloating

-i have pubic (1.5yrs) underarm (6mo) and leg hair

-i am size 36A and have had boobs for 4yrs

-had heavy discharge for 2 yrs

-had on and off everyday lower stomach pains for 4mo

-had headaches

-sometimes feel nauseous

- my mom got hers when she was 11

-i am active

-i sometimes feel light headed and dizzy

by scgogirl on 1/11/2012 10:07:53 PM

MOD MOD! I don't eat breakfast when I wake up for school but does it really matter? Like what will happen if you do skip?

Hey girlie,

Doctors, psychologists, and nutritionists have done studies on this for ages - and the results would probably shock you. They link breakfast to better attention/focus throughout the day, lower weights (because it jump-starts your metabolism and helps your bod run better), and overall healthier people. Crazy, right? So while you might be ok skipping breakfast on those super busy mornings, it's not smart to skip it all the time. Eating even just a piece of toast and a yogurt before you run out the door could improve your whole day!
Lauren C.

by katv2114 on 12/1/2011 7:11:26 PM

I'm glad those aren't true cause I love coffeeSmile

by Morriss2407 on 11/22/2011 5:31:02 PM

Hey girlies! Do you love songwriting? Would you like a chance to hang out with other songwriters? Well, Now's you chance! Join my club Sassy Songwriters<3 and have a great time with other girls! Receive advice, tips, or just come to have a great time! Smile Thx<3
XoXo,
Madi<3 (*MusicGirl16*)

by *MusicGirl16* on 11/20/2011 12:26:11 PM

MOD: sorry about all of the Q's today... anyways, I seriously am self conscious about my weight. I am very athletic, (star of bb team) so i can run miles at a time, and am super strong. why am i a little bigger than other girls in the same sports? i don't eat much more than they do, and what i eat is 99% healthy.

Hey girl, everyone's body is different. It's the same reason another girl who plays the same sport, is the same age and weight, is taller than you. Just a genetic thing. No worries, I'm sure you look fine. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by hahaha2005 on 11/19/2011 8:26:12 PM

Mod-
My bgf and i are really close.We talk on fb (because he moved away) and he almost always message's me 1st.( I'm trying to figure out weather i like him just as a bgf or as a bf) He commented on one of my pics saying, "wow your pretty". (he also said some other really nice things about me Smile ) Only prob? He's got a gf. The other day he was talking about his crush,(and it was a different girl than his gf!). Was he trying to make me jealous? and does he like me? Thanks so much! Smile

Hey babe,

Oh boy...it sounds like he likes you, but either way all this flattery is not appropriate! How would you feel if your BF flirted, complimented, and constantly chatted another girl? Not very good! And if he's doing it to her, it's possible he would also do it to you. When the convo goes toward crushy/flirty things, try to steer them away to more friendly/normal topics instead. Act uncomfortable with it. If he asks you why, tell him straight out - you have a GF so I don't know if this is really the right thing to be talking about. That way, you aren't mislead or confused about how he feels. If he's single and starts flirting with you, it's really a good sign that he likes you. But in a relationship, who knows what he's trying to do? All we know is that it's unfair to you Smile
Lauren C.

by kaylarocks2000 on 11/13/2011 1:09:00 AM

I have never really had pimples much. Maybe a few here or there. But, now I am breaking out! and, I just recently grew an inch and a half! (that had nothing to do with anything, I am just happy because I am short) How do I get rid of them without using an acne treatment? Mine just ran out, and they discontinued it. My mom said she isn't going to buy more for a while.

Hey girl,

Oh, the joys of puberty....NOT! You're just growing and your hormones are fluctuating (meaning, going up and down in crazy ways). You can't control it! Just make sure you're drinking water, eating a balanced diet, and getting plenty of sleep each night. Try washing with a gentle facial cleanser in the morning and before bed. And don't touch your face during the day - your fingers can transfer oils to your face, which can clog pores and cause pimples! <3 Otherwise, try to hang in there and cover up pimples with concealer if they make you feel uncomfy. It's one of those things we all go through!
Lauren C.

by georgetownroad on 11/12/2011 9:55:20 PM

MODMODMODMOD
Recently my nipples have been really dry and flaky and sometimes itchy! Do you know what this is and how to cure this???? Thx sooooo much!

Hey girlie,

Most likely, this is just because of hormones (they change like crazy during puberty) and/or seasonal dry skin. Either way, make sure you drink plenty of water each day! This can do a lot for the health of your skin! After you shower, use a body lotion all over to keep your skin soft and hydrated. A bit of olive oil could also work as a natural skin lotion - just rub a bit onto the dry area and let it soak in. Most important, DON'T SCRATCH if they get itchy. That'll only irritate it more!
Lauren C.