4 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

5 HOURS AGO Sporty style goes chic! Tell us your fave outfit to win!: @OfficialNFLShop http://t.co/sJQuKtqiBw

6 HOURS AGO Does playing hard to get really work out? We have the scoop: http://t.co/aDqcgy19Dr

COMMENTS

5 date ideas for fall

Spend some time with your sweetie with all of autumn's splendor.

MOD
My boyfriend and i haven't been together too long but a couple months and i really want to have unique dates to suggest. It hasn't snowed yet this year so i can't do anything with that and i also don't like ice skating, but are there cute winter dates that we could go on?

You could find a neighborhood with cute christmas lights and go for a walk to look at them. Maybe you could also go caroling together! Movies are also good during the cold weather. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by ILUVMETROSTATION!!! on 12/6/2011 3:40:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I like this boy...A LOT. He told me he didn't like me but that was maybe a month ago. Today, I caught him staring at me maybe 3 or 4 times. We always talk and have a nice conversation. I haven't asked him about his feelings for me in a awhile. How do I get him to spill out his feelings? How do I let him know I want to take things to the next level? (I'm going to ask him by text so and please no big ideas...I'm kinda nervous.)
Thank you!

Hey girlie,

You asked him before - and he said no. Whether that was true or he just got nervous, either way he decided that "no" would be the best answer. So personally, I wouldn't ask him again so soon. He'll probably only freak out and say "no" again! Instead, I'd let time pass and keep flirting, talking, hanging out if possible, etc. Grow to be even stronger friends and, when you flirt, you'll be able to see if he's into it or not. That's the best way to get a hint about whether he really likes you or not! Smile
Lauren C.

by birdgirly11 on 12/2/2011 9:11:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Thank you!

Lynae P.

by birdgirly11 on 12/2/2011 5:45:39 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
Please Answer!
Okay, so this weekend I am seeing my boyfriend!(We are long-distance by like 15 minutes, but I haven't seen him in a while.) It will be at district band auditions. Both he and I play the tuba, so that rules out dresses and skirts. What should I wear?!? I am really pale, have icy blue eyes, short-medium length thick brown hair, and its supposed to be 32-55! Please Help!!
<3<3 Rebecca

Hey girl, I'd follow your band's dress code and not sweat whether or not you look date ready. Dress according to standards and save the cute dress and tights for the next time you meet!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by ripleykinz on 11/28/2011 8:52:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I really like this boy. But he barely notices me. He is my best friend's BGF and I think she has a crush on him, but she hasn't told me. I haven't told her I like him either. When he used to talk to me, I was always nervous, so my replies must have came out dorky or a little harsh. In writing class my class was discussing a topic that I was gonna talk about to him about. But when I tried to talk to him, my best friend wouldn't stop talking to him so I didn't get to! When he was playing a game with his friends, he used ME to hide behind. This made me want to die. So what do you think, should I just forget about him or keep trying?

Hey girl, I think it's premature to say forget about him when you've barely talked to him. So don't assume he's crushing on you right now, but don't give up on him before you even make an attempt to be friends/be noticed by him. Go up, talk to him and just be yourself. It's that person you'd want him to date anyway. No need to be anyone different!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by LovePeaceHope on 11/28/2011 5:05:57 PM

mod mod moddd ive never had a bf, and there is a guy i really like. im really confused cuz all the guys i know go for girls that are really mean, and not to brag or anything,...but im really hot!!! lol... but im annoyed that they pay more attention to brainless girls than to me, when im funny and stuff like that. all my guy friends say that id be the perfect girlfriend, but then they go out with someone else. so, i think it might be because i dont act interested in anyone...so i was thinking you could help me show guys that i like them... lol..please hellpp

Hey girl, guys are crazy. Because you're so perfect, they're just scared they will fall in love with you. The girls who are kind of ditsy and don't really care are the kind of girls guys go for before they hit high school and college. As they get older, they start to realize...that's not the kind of girl they want to be with. So I think you should just continue being who you are, and wait until you find a great guy! Just start flirting with the guys in your class and being super friendly, just don't change who you are, trust me! Good luck girl, you can do it!!!
lauren r.

by munchkin112096 on 11/26/2011 12:39:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD ok so me and my bf made plans to see breaking dawn on Friday .Tuesday he said he can go.Yesterday,Thursday he announced he cant go cuz his mom wont let him.This is the 4th time this has happend.How can i stop it and gain his trust back.more importasntly how can i convince him to go?

Hey Girl,

As bad as you want your BF to go to Breaking Dawn with you, some guys just don't want to see movies about vampires in love. Have an honest conversation with him and ask him what the real issue is, and let him know that he doesn't have to lie to you if he doesn't want to go. If you really want him to go, try a compromise like going to see one of his favorite movies that you dislike if he goes and sees this one with you. But when it comes to Twilight movies, you might have better luck bringing your besties. That way, you can discuss Edward and Jacob all you want!
Rachel N.

by lolandpeace987 on 11/25/2011 10:35:13 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
so i was texting this guy i kind of like, then i told him i wasn't feeling good and he said "aww i hope you feel better" then i replied asking him if he was being sarcastic or not then he said "no(: " everyone thinks he likes me, but a TON of people have asked him and he has said no. he flirts w/ me a lot. i dont know if i would date him or not. i have texted him 4 times, and he hasnt responded, but he's busy with thankgiving and i know he will text me when he sees the message, two of them were about thankgiving, saying thanks, then telling him happy thankgiving, then the other two were a continuation of our other convo. He is totally leading me on, but I don't know if it's for real or not.
What did that one text mean and what is he trying to do?! thanks <3

Hey girlie,

He totally sounds like he's being flirty - and usually at this age, guys won't flirt unless they like you at least a little bit. He might not be ready to act on that or date anyone yet, but it does sound like he could like ya. Just keep up the talking, texting, and most importantly the flirting! That way, you'll keep giving the hint that you're crushin' on him too. Stick with it and see where it goes!
Lauren C.

by lovergirl99 on 11/25/2011 12:46:50 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
My BF gave me a Thanksgiving present and a card. He signed the card "Love, Cameron." I'm still SO HAPPY!!! I just want to know if it does truly mean anything and if it does, now that he wrote it, should I say it to him,or call him "babe" or "baby"?

Hey girlie,

It might not mean that he "loves you" like that (because that's a pretty serious thing to say), but it does mean that he's affectionate, cares about you, and wants to express it. Don't feel like you have to call him "babe" or "baby" now just because he did this...but if it feels right for you to call him that, try it! <3 It's your relationship, so do what you think is right.
Lauren C.

by squizzcute on 11/24/2011 11:04:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I like this guy in my grade. he is tall, cute funny and nice. but here's the thing...he's my best friend's twin! I don't have any classes with him, so what are some ways to flirt and possibly date with out it being akward between my friend and me!
Thanks!

Hey girl, I'd try to put together bigger group gatherings so you have more of a chance to flirt with him without your friend's eyes being on you. From there, get a feel whether he's interested in you like that too. If he is, quietly trying hanging out one on one sometime (maybe when your friend isn't home?) If you two make it official, break it to her together and emphasize it will do nothing to change your friendship with her.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by erbowden on 11/19/2011 1:25:17 AM

modmodmodmod! i like this hockey guy and we've been chatting at school and i think he's been flirting with me a bit, and we only get to see each other in two classes. i have his number, and we only texted once or twice because he is so buzy with games and practice. How can we move to gf and bf?

You have to talk more. Keep trying to find opportunities to talk to him and give it some time. If you try hard enough but are patient I'm sure you can make it work. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by kitoblue on 11/18/2011 6:18:57 PM

Three of my friends were in relationships and they all broke up within 24 hours of each other. I feel so conflicted right now because I warned one them about the boys they chose and i am tired of hearing about it.One of the boys, over text said, that he "wanted to be single" and another, who is my friend, has moved on two days later to a girl he has already dated many times. I am sure that was a run-on sentence but i would just like some input. Thank you in advance.

Hey Doll,

Are you conflicted because one of the boys who just broke up with your friend is also a guy friend? If so, the best thing you can do is spend a little less time with him and more with your girlfriend until she is a little less upset. Chances are, she needs your support more than he does because he's already moved onto a different girl. Don't have an "I told you so" attitude toward your friends, just let them talk, and if they're talking too much about the exes, change the subject! Try doing something super fun and girly to bond, like getting your nails done or having a movie-marathon sleepover.
Rachel N.

by alicia1998 on 11/18/2011 2:13:06 AM

MOD MOD MOD my dad is mad at me about something that i did wrong. i learned my lesson and i want him to stop bugging me about it. whenever i see him he always talks about it first thing. how can i get him to stop?

Hey babe,

The most important thing is: DON'T freak out about it when he brings it up again. Roll your eyes, walk away...do whatever you need to do to calm down. Then, approach him sometime when he hasn't mentioned it but, instead, is doing other things. Ask him if he has a second to chat, then tell him you really feel like you've learned your lesson, grown more responsible because of that lesson, and really want to put it behind you - so you'd appreciate it if he could try to stop mentioning it too. This is a really mature way to go about it, rather than getting annoyed/frustrated when he brings it up! <3
Lauren C.

by PuppyCT on 11/17/2011 9:10:22 PM

MOD*MOD*MOD
Yesterday my crush and I were talking while walking to the buses. He was telling me about one guy and how he liked me. he said "you know him? yeah, he likes you.... Just letting you know..." He said it with almost now emotion and disinterested. I told him that I've never really talk to the guy and just groaned as in saying i don't care. At first I thought it was awkward because I like him, but my friends told me he was probably jealous and wondering if I like someone else. Then I realized, I missed my chance to tell him I like someone and then I would be "forced" to tell him I like him. People tell me we would be a cute couple and that he likes me. but now I'm too scared to just randomly go up to him and tell him I like him. Any ideas on how to start a topic on crushes or bf/gf's? Or any ideas on how to tell him I like him or ask him out? Thanks so much!
and sorry for this being kind of long!

Hey girlie,

You might've missed THAT chance, but you didn't miss the only chance you'll ever have! Don't worry. Try bringing up the fact that your bestie likes someone and she's stressing you out, asking for convo starters, to gather info for her, to see if he likes anyone, etc. Then just be like, "I don't freak out that much about my crush!" Put this all in your own words of course, but it's a good way to bring up crushes - and go from there Smile
Lauren C.

by ♫RockOn64♫ on 11/17/2011 8:48:25 PM

So me and my BF are hanging out with my friends on tuesday. Its our first 'date'. What are some things we could do besides walk up town and get coffee? There are about 10 people coming. Also my BFs a 9th grader and im an 8th grdr.
Thanks Smile

Hey babe,

Sounds fun! You could go to the mall, movies, laser tag, arcade, bowling, roller skating, or go-karting!
Lauren C.

by pottergirl135 on 11/17/2011 8:43:40 PM

So I have a crush on this boy, who's a junior, and in band with me. I'm a freshman. He's great, funny, smart, nice, and sort of kind of nerdy. But I don't know if I'll ever even have a chance with him. Thinking that makes me so sad, though, because he's just awesome. Today, during band he even sat by me and it was great. I have problems knowing what to say to him though, because I'm shy and just slightly awkward around people I don't know super well. Once people get to know me I'm fine, and people think I'm hilarious. But I don't know how to get there with him. Please help me, I'm so confused, and sad.
Casey

Hey Casey,

Well, it is sometimes hard for a two-year age difference to work. But you'll never know if you don't try! So try talking to him about band or another common interest. Sometimes it's helpful to have a bestie nearby - that way, you have someone right there that you do know super well. So you can act like yourself, be hilarious, and then bring him into the convo by asking his opinion about something you're talking about. Give it a try!!!!! <3
Lauren C.

by caseyf13 on 11/17/2011 8:41:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok well every morning we have to b at school by 7:45 but we stay in the cafeteria untill then. i sit with my boyfriend every morning in there along with my friends and his friends too. we haven't really flirted that much, so this morning, i layed my head on his shoulder and said"i'm so tired" but he ignored me! his friends said "dude pay attention to ue GF!" lol so i thumped him on his cheeck. should i b mad that he ignored me? cause i kinda am! should i text him a talk to him about it or wait and see if he texts me and says sorry...?

Hey girlie,

Personally, I'd put this event behind me and just focus on becoming a bit more affectionate with him. If he's not used to it (like you said, you never flirt), he could've felt awkward or not known how to respond! Wait until this happens multiple times - and he makes it clear that he is ignoring you - before you make a big deal about it Smile
Lauren C.

by Alykat18 on 11/17/2011 5:21:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE ANSWER!I like this guy & I cant tell if he likes me.In class, he always comes to sit next to me even though Im far away from his other friends.He does things like today he had a piece of paper & I wanted it & I went to grab it & he moved it & then I went to get it again & he moved it & we did that for like five minutes.He always fakes like hes gonna punch me in the face or try to trip me or something but he never really does.Today we were sitting together & he acted like he was gonna flick me & then he said, no that would hurt if I did it youd be crying, & then he reached across & flicked the girl next to me & she said it didnt hurt & he was like shes gonna start crying & then made fake crying sounds like it was her crying.& today we were going over notes & it was 2 pages stapled & he made a heart out of it & was like, look a heart, to me only.Sometimes Ill look over and hell just be looking at me and smiling. Does he like me? THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Hey Chica,

Your flirty crush probably likes you and is showing it by being silly. There's no way to be 100 percent sure if this means he likes you, but to me, it sounds like he likes your attention. Keep flirting back with this cutie and see where things go! Don't obsess over him, but your crush definitely has a chance. Good luck!
Rachel N.

by BarefootBarbieDoll on 11/17/2011 3:07:54 PM

I love the night under the stars idea! <3

by teamjacob0625 on 11/16/2011 10:09:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD these girls who used to be my friends are now starting to drift off and wanting to be popular. they are joining the "popular wannabes" group and it bothers me and my other friends. one of my friends even ran to us crying and saying that they were being so mean. should i just ignore this and move on?

Lynae P.

by PuppyCT on 11/16/2011 8:35:01 PM

@peaceluvandhockey

I'm in 6th grade and I have a bf too. Try rollerskating (haha! that's the best with a big group) or sometimes just going to the ice cream shop or Jamba Juice is fun.

by toadie101 on 11/16/2011 8:18:03 PM

Mod(:
Hey(: so I am pretty confident with how I look. I'm skinny, have an hourglass figure, and I get told all the time that I'm pretty. But I don't like my nose. To me, it looks to big when I smile. When I get my picture taken, I always make my face at a certain angle. My friends think my nose is perfectly fine. How can I feel better about it tho? Thanks(:
xoxo Macy

Lynae P.

by MacyBabexoxo on 11/16/2011 8:02:57 PM

Ok. So, I'm in middle school and my parents said it was ok to date.Although they said I have to go on dates in groups, like a double date or just hanging out as a group. Are there any fun ideas for that?

Lynae P.

by peaceluvandhockey on 11/16/2011 7:41:48 PM

Please help!!! My crush that I have liked for about three years is about to ask me out of friday! The only problem is that my friends and other kids make fun of us for liking each other. We would be the only couple in our class. And they already are really mean about it!! And somehow everyone found out that he was going to ask me out and have been asking me if I'm going to say yes. I want to say yes so bad, but I don't want anyone making fun of us. Should I wait until high school? If so how do I tell him no but I still really like him and want to go out later on? EEP! Help! Thanks!

Lynae P.

by Lillian14 on 11/16/2011 7:17:34 PM

I like the Coffee idea- Really Classic Smile

Join my club- Orchestra Nerds and Band Geeks!! It's just a loose and fun club where you can talk about anything- but especially music Smile Go to my profile to join!!

by svds on 11/16/2011 7:11:26 PM

like all the ideas except for the rom coms I dont think the boys would be up for that

by sparrowchavez on 11/16/2011 6:04:10 PM

Hey! Ok, so I like this guy and well i think he used to like me (according to my friend he did) but he's in 7th grade and im in 6th grade! So, I don't get to spend time with him Frown We both stay after school because our moms work at the school we go to. I was wondering how i could ask him to hang out after school and do homework without making it seem obvious that 1) i like him and 2) that i want to get near him a lot so how can i ask him? Also, he's in athletics and I just have regular P.E. and after he runs he puts his hands behind his head and looks up and sometimes i see him look at me. Do you think i am just imagining it?
Thanks!
Love, Claudia

Lynae P.

by claudsoda on 11/16/2011 5:05:10 PM

I think the perf date would be walking around a lake with coffee or hot chocolate as the sun goes down or sit by the lake and talk.

by TeamAlice33 on 11/16/2011 4:58:17 PM

MOD so i think my bgf might like me he asked if i wanted to stay after school with him and instead of what we planned on doing we just walked around and talked. also when we were texting he said that i could hear him sing and that i would be the first person so i responded with aww i feel so special and he said you are. also just now he asked who i liked and i said i didnt know so i asked him and he said "any girl that has the guts to ask me out" do you think he might like me?? thanks!!

Hey Girl,

It definitely sounds like he likes you! A boy wouldn't ask you who you like unless he wanted to know it was him. His text to you was a hint for you to ask him out, so if you're feeling brave, go ahead and do it. But you could also just wait out being friends with him and see if he asks you out, because it sounds like he wants to. Keep spending time with him and a relationship should come naturally!
Rachel N.