2 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

5 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

6 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

I'm not normal!

Too short? Too tall? Eek!

im very short for my age too... dont worry bout it people think its cute ;)

by sarahlindsey16 on 8/15/2012 2:03:35 PM

im 14 years old and only 4'10!!!! im the shortest in my grade and everyone thinks im 11...any advice to becoming more confident about myself?

by sarahlindsey16 on 8/15/2012 2:01:38 PM

Well, I'm 12 and 5 foot 6 1/2 ! I get so annoyed when people say"I hate being short....i'm too young looking..."Its soo embarrassing being tall ! And even worse i have big boos! I feel like i should be laughed at every second...i tend to bend my knees when ever i talk to "regular" sized people.I hate it!Once a 15 year old dude asked me out last year!! I was soo sad...i cried right there in front of him, i cried all night because its gonna be like this for ever! Being tall isn't lady like! No guys in my own grade like me! I have guy friends though...But! I cant take this anymore!!!!!!SOME ONE HELP ME!!!!!:'(i FEEL LIKE I SHOULD HATE MYSELF. I know im beautiful on the inside and out but looking at me is like looking at the ceiling! I wish i would just stop growing every where sometimes! I love my body..i just hate what people have to say about it.So once3 again SOMEONE HELP!!!Frown

by laylycrazyhumor on 8/1/2012 12:53:35 PM

I'm actually really short, yet I'm the tallest girl in my class. And I feel like a towering giant because most of my friends are really short, and i sit down when i talk to them

by DramaDudette on 6/29/2012 5:57:45 PM

MOD
I'm in grade six and I'm about 4 foot 10. I've gotten my period and I'm ok in the upper body but I'm really short. All the girls in my class are tall and beautiful! I'm so jealous! How can I make myself grow...quicker?

hey! There's a lot of technology out there, but speeding up growth isn't really part of that yet Smile I understand you're impatient to grow up, but being jealous of your friends isn't going to make growing up easier. My advice is to stay focused on the positives and try not to compare yourself to other people too much. You're beautiful just the way you are!

Helen S.

by aladreams9 on 6/4/2012 5:21:40 PM

I'm 13, I'm 5 foot clean. And I guess I'm okay with that, I've gotten used to it, over the years. I've already gotten my period a couple months ago. It's not really a problem. It's just that my parents keep pressuring me to work out a lot, and eat a lot more than I can eat! I do work out regularly, I play soccer four times a week and I eat healthily. And I know my parents are doing this because they don't want me to feel bad about being short like they are. But they don't seem to get that I'm not going to get any taller. And I like being short, I guess. It's unique, all my friends are really tall.

Hey girl,

Even if you exercise and eat right, your height will still largely be determined by genetics. Your parents just want what's best for you, but if their pressure is stressing you out, it's okay to talk to them about it! Let them know that you're doing all you can to be healthy, and that you don't mind that their genes made you less tall. Beauty comes in all sizes!

Meghan D.

by yellowglowfire on 4/7/2012 10:54:09 AM

i'm 13 and 5 feet and 6 1/2 inches! but everone thinks i'm like 14 or 15 someone evan thought I was 16! it's crazy

by raven.y on 2/27/2012 3:49:27 AM

Hey AvatarTLA, the only way to overcome shyness, is to face it. Force yourself to participate in class and talk when you're assigned to groups. Even saying hi to everyone when you enter the classroom will help. Hope this works for ya. Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay, so I dont talk a lot in my classes at all unless Im with my friends (which is hardly ever since a lot of them aren't in my classes!). I do blush a lot when I get called on or when people make comments about me being "too quiet". So, in science today my group members were giving me a hard time about being too quiet and needing to be more social. People do this to me in almost all of my classes. It's getting really annoying! What should I do? Lynae P.

by AvatarTLA on 2/1/2012 8:04:10 PM

Look I understand that you feel bad about your self but I am in middle school and barley 4 feet! So dont feel bad about your self! You are perfect the way you are and who cares what other people think??? I bet you are a nice girl so dont worry about what those meanies say!!!!
-surferchick

by surferchickemp on 1/4/2012 8:06:27 PM

Im super tall!And people think im in high school like in 10 or 11 grade and im in 7! But i think guys dont like me becuase im so much taller than them. It hurts because they dont like me just becuase im so much taller than them! What should i do? Should i wait for a guy to come around that likes me for who i am or just still try for my crushes even tho they dont like me because im tall?

Hey girl,

Don't be ashamed of your height! So many girls would kill to be as tall as you! And guess what, the guys will catch up to you in height real soon! Just stay confident and the right guy will come along before you can bat an eyelash. Guys love confident girls!

Kathryn S.