2 HOURS AGO Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/5YPicHugUv

3 HOURS AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes http://t.co/rxV4mmtlqo

4 HOURS AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

COMMENTS

Knock out those period blues before they get to you

Must-know cures for whatever Aunt Flow throws your way.

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've reccently recovered from anorexia and while I had anorexia my period totally stopped. My doctor said it was normal - cause of all the weight I've lost and stuff but I'm a little worried because I've been having all the PMS symptoms for like 3 weeks now and still no period! A couple of days ago I thought I had gotten it again because there was some blood in my underwear but it only lasted a day. What was that blood then? And is it normal to be PMS-ing for that long?

Hey girlie,

It might have been your period coming back, but I would talk to your doctor about your symptoms since they know your body and can give you professional advice!

Meghan D.

by Sarah_12 on 1/14/2013 8:11:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!! Ok so I am going to camp on August 19th and I am supposed to get my period.... I use pads and would consider using tampons but would rather not. Ok so one of the nights we hike to an overnight spot and sleep on a tarp with about 15 other girls. The problem is is that we all have to pee in the same hole and it's really gross even when people aren't on there period. But since I will be on it how will I deal with it. And all te other days we have to share the bathroom with all the boys. And there is no way to throw out the pad with out anyone noticing. How will I I hide it.... One more thing we have to go swimming while we are there and I really don't want to use a tampon. Well thanks and if you could answer these questions it would be great.

Hey babe,

I'm sorry that I have no better answer to give you, but there really isn't anything else you can do other than use a tampon.
Jordan S.

by annabanana5474 on 8/1/2012 7:58:55 PM

Hey MOD
I'm 11 years old and I'm turning 12 this year and I got my period a while back.None of my friends have gotten their periods and when we were talking about it one day they said that it was nasty and their scared to get it and I told them we eventually have to get it so who cares. I don't know if i should tell them because their not my best best friends. Well actually I don't have a best friend because i feel i can't trust them at times. PlEASE help me.

Hey girl,

Soon enough they will get theirs, too. It's up to you if you want to share with them or not. Some girls just aren't comfortable talking about personal issues like that, which is totally fine. If they don't seem comfortable with the subject matter, I wouldn't push it and talk about your experience with your period. I would just ignore them for now, because eventually they will be dealing with it as well. If you really feel like you want to talk about periods, wait until you find a friend that you know won't be disgusted by the talk.
Kelly G.

by geeklychic123 on 7/11/2012 1:49:25 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
ok, ive had my period for 7 months and im having trouble with it at school! i have to change pads every other period. i dont want to use tampons. are there any tricks to making your period at school a little easier? anything that can help me? thanks!!!

Hey girlie,

Periods are no fun no matter what, especially not at school! And it's even worse if they're super heavy. Don't be afraid to go to the nurse's office to take your time, clean up, and get back on track. Try wearing overnight pads - they're a little longer and a little thicker, so they can help prevent leaks. Tight underwear with full coverage can help keep your pad in place. If this keeps happening, check out this article about heavy periods - you probably shouldn't have to change your pad so often so, if you are soaking through pads that quickly and leaking a lot, it'd be smart to talk to your doc!
Lauren C.

by abbysea on 2/18/2012 12:13:34 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I'm almost 12.5 yrs, and I'm already around 5'6 ___ lbs. Also, I have a mild case of acne. I am an athlete. I'm more developed in the boob area than most girls my age at my school. I don't really know what discharge looks like. However, a couple weeks ago, I had a REALLY bad stomach ache to the point where I threw up. I'm kind of concerned that I might get my period later than the rest of my family. (Mom, 13 yrs, Sister, 12 yrs.) My mom started putting tampons in my backpack this week though because I'm near the age she had it at. Am I getting any symptoms?

Hey girl,

Nothing to be concerned about! That one stomachache weeks ago probably isn't a sign, but you sound like you're progressing through puberty normally and you're on track. It's possible you could get your period soon, but girls usually get their first period between the ages of 11 and 14. If you don't get it by 16-18, you should talk to your doctor. But before then, there's NOTHING to panic about! It's impossible to predict when you'll get it (even doctors don't know for sure), so try to be patient and just get prepared as possible Smile
Lauren C.

by girltutu on 2/10/2012 11:57:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
Help help help!
Ok, so I'm supposed to get my period while I'm on a cruise to the Bahamas. Almost the entire thing is water related, and I've tried tampons but I can't get em in! Idk what to do because I'm not staying out o the water! My mom and sis say that I can just wear a Pad on the water and just change it really quickly afterwords, but I'm not very comfortable with all the worrying of my pad falling out. What should I do????

Hey girl,

You definitely should not wear a pad in the water - that's NOT what they're made for. It'll absorb water right away, feel like a diaper, and won't protect you at all. Definitely try tampons again. Stick with it until you get it. Follow the tips on the box, RELAX, and remember that tons of girls use tampons - you can too! (I do!) You get used to it and you get better at using them after you practice more. If you're having trouble, try asking your mom or sis for help. You don't want to miss out on all this fun, so it's really worth working on this!
Lauren C.

by floridagrl123 on 2/2/2012 7:31:38 PM

Mod-
How are you today? I hope you're good. Today I have 3 questions for you.
1: what does mod stand for and what does it mean?
2: Am I old enough to start using tampons? I asked a question similar to this one but need a slightly better answer. sorry. I'm 12.5 years old and have had my period for almost a year now.
3: I want to start using makeup, but my mom says no foundation and I can only wear a little bit. I am white and have rosy cheeks and really dry skin. I want to know how to make my skin less dry (it looks like beard stubble almost it's that bad), how to use a little bit of makeup (I have eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, lip gloss) to make me a little prettier. I need a fast routine, so that'd be great.
Thanks!!! Laughing

Hey girl,

1. "MOD" stands for "moderator," which is our job title. We moderate all the comments on the site - aka we read them and approve them if they don't contain any offensive language/topics or personal info Smile And we answer your questions, of course!

2. Absolutely! Whether you're ready to use tampons is a personal decision (you should chat with mom or dad about making the switch), but you're almost 13 and you've had your period for almost a year so you're definitely experienced enough for tampons not to freak you out. The question is whether you're responsible and mature enough to remember to change them often enough, deal with leaks, etc.

3. You should only need a few pieces of makeup to do the job! Since your skin is dry, try getting a facial moisturizer with SPF in it. Apply that to your face every morning. Tinted moisturizers have some foundation in them, so I'd probably stay away from those. But even normal moisturizer will give your face a nice glow! Then, I'd use eyeliner on the top lash line. Blend it up so the line isn't too harsh. Finish with a swipe of lip gloss! Smile It'll define your eyes, make your skin look healthy and pretty, and it's subtle.
Lauren C.

by Nikichic on 1/29/2012 2:05:15 AM

im 14 and im pretty sure i got my period today. it happened overnight and my underwear was like borwn/red blood. so i put on a pad and when i went to change it it wa borwn. is that normal? also is the flow continuous all day bc i dont feel it......thanks!

Hey Girl,

Don't worry, brown discharge is normal for first periods. You'll also not feel the flow but it is usually continuous for 3-6 days.
alicia m.

by fbvb13 on 1/26/2012 3:14:55 PM

Hey amileofroses, I'm not exactly sure either. That's the usual color of discharge but I don't know if the amount of it is supposed to vary day by day. It's probably best to research it or get a doctors opinion. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Hey mod mod mod!!! I have been having discharge for a little bit now, and it is really wired. On day it will be Really ligt and the next day there will be so much it is uncomftorbl. My mom says she'll look into it and she dosn't also is it normal that it drys white ish clearish????? Thanks! Lynae P.

by amileofroses on 1/14/2012 2:19:10 PM

I am wondering when you think i will get my period. not to be rude but please do not say like 'only time will tell' thanks.

-i am 13

-i am in 8th grade

-practically all of my friends have theirs

-i am 5ft 5in

-i am 100lbs

-i am bloating

-i have pubic (1.5yrs) underarm (6mo) and leg hair

-i am size 36A and have had boobs for 4yrs

-had heavy discharge for 2 yrs

-had on and off everyday lower stomach pains for 4mo

-had headaches

-sometimes feel nauseous

- my mom got hers when she was 11

-i am active

-i sometimes feel light headed and dizzy

by scgogirl on 1/11/2012 10:06:17 PM