1 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

2 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

3 HOURS AGO Calling all career cuties! Snag internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! RSVP right here: http://t.co/jo2w2Undss

COMMENTS

Help! BGF going from good guy to bad boy

My best guy friend has started smoking and drinking. I want him to stop before he ruins his life…

one of my best friends ever was like this also, I told a trusted teacher and now my friend is grateful I helped her! You can totally help your friend out here.

by dagymnast on 11/29/2011 6:43:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!
So at a church even in NewJersey, I got alll dressed up and met this boy. He gave me a rose and I gave him my number. Turens out he is 2 years older than me and lives in ..(city name edited out)... I not looking for anything serisous so we didn't mind the long distance. After weeks of him calling every night and us talking for hours, I think I relle relle like him, maybe even love. But now he won't even respond my fb messages! Last time I tlkd to him was like over a week ago and he was telling my cousin how much he likes me. I'm going to NJ for another church event, nd we had it planned we wud hav our first kiss together. How did it go from late nite sweet talking and roses to him totally ignoring me? What shud I do??? Please help

Hey babe,

Try not to assume anything - he could be super busy right now and not be able to respond. He could have also met someone who lives closer to his home who he can actually date which, even though he might have liked you a LOT, seems a bit more "real." And that's understandable! Long distance is tough when you're with someone you really love - it's even harder to start something long distance. Try not to bother him too much about it, even though I totally get how much this stings right now. Instead, focus on your own life - your friends, your clubs/sports/classwork, and the guys that you see every day. Try to meet them (or other new people through your activities/mutual friends) and put this behind you. You learned a lot about what you want in a guy, what you don't want in a guy, and how to deal with crushes because of this experience - and you got to enjoy communicating with a nice guy while it lasted. I know it's a bummer, but it wasn't a waste of time! Lots of love girl <3
Lauren C.

by emilyrm1903 on 11/25/2011 8:59:22 PM

I would personally tell him that he should stop because I wouldnt want to be around someone who smoked and got drunk its not a good enviroment to be surrounded by!! Just my opinion!!!!

by hearl on 11/24/2011 6:15:40 PM

how do u send a dear carol message?

by epsmisaacson01 on 11/22/2011 7:58:55 PM

In my opinion its better to stay away from bad boy types. For some reason we all are attracted to them, maybe even more than if they were just good guys. My parents are totally against me ever dating a bad boy guy. My friends who date them are always getting dragged into doing things, they end up hating what they did later. Stay away from them.

by luckykel on 11/21/2011 3:08:25 PM

Me and my BGF recently got in a fight about my BF, who is his bestie. I was telling my BGF about how he never texts me (we go to different schools) and he said that he prob doesnt wanna talk to me! I told him thats not a very nice thing to say, and he started swearing at me! This isnt the first time its happened, and I think my BGF might have anger management issues. His parents are divorced and they fight a lot, so I dont think he ever really knew how to treat people right. He once told us he smoked because he got depressed, but he never actually did. He also says big things like he would die for his GF (who is one of my BFFs) and that if he hurts her he has to hurt himself. I think he does a lot of things to get attention. I love him a lot and I dont want to fight with him, but sometimes he just goes overboard! What should I do?

Hey girl, you need to let your 'rents know or a guidance counselor. He may be overacting, but you never know whether or not he may be serious. So be a good friend and make sure he is getting the help he needs as he goes through this difficult time. It's better safe than sorry, seriously.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by froggy123luna on 11/19/2011 10:56:01 AM

Mod mod mod
Aww doesnt tht suck!? My bgf and i are really close! He even knows when i have my period and he isnt embarrassed by it!! Lol!! Funny right?!

Hey girl, there's no reason for him to be embarrassed by it, haha. Periods are totes natural.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by paramoregurl on 11/19/2011 12:59:36 AM

i kinda have this problem with my crush.... he and I like each other and he wants to ask me out and i really want to say yes but it is a known fact that he drinks and has smoked pot... other then these things, he is perfect for me. I would never do those things and kinda would tell him 1. dont ever do it around me and 2. anything you do under the influence is on you, no excuses if you kiss another girl or something. is it ok to date him and try to talk him out of these bad things and just stick by my policies or should i entirely forget him???

I think your 2 conditions are perfect. If you can look over his bad habits and wanna date him i say go for it. Youre not gonna be able to change him so forget that idea but as long as you dont get pulled into bad activities then i say youre fine. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by mkroberts96 on 11/18/2011 8:27:29 PM

Hey I'm sorry bout what you're dealing with along with your friend. I know how you feel. My friend is hanging out with some bad kids and they're influencing him to get drunk and get high and everything. It's breaking my heart... Devin A.

by StupidChick on 11/18/2011 3:38:14 PM

it is true you cant change people. unless they want to change.

by j4zm09 on 11/18/2011 3:31:40 PM