7 HOURS AGO Are you the kinda girl who goes with the flow? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/ukcFkXMyGl

10 HOURS AGO 5 tips for booting bad grades: http://t.co/kMlNTRGFos

11 HOURS AGO Wondering if you should you get back with your ex? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/6gYmS9fe3s

COMMENTS

Generation overbabied? What our (fab!) interns have taught us

This holiday season, we’re giving thanks for our incredible interns…

Do you LOVE makeup,beauty,and fashion? Then club Makeup♥ is for you!Hi,my name is Claire.I'll give you advice,reviews,hauls and more! ***********I'M NOW LOOKING FOR A VP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join now!,,,♥,,,

xoxoxo.....

and sooo true!

by iluvmusic♥ on 11/23/2011 3:06:54 PM

So, I have my friends birthday party and my dad wants me to go to a hockey game. They are both on the same day. My dad is always out of town for work and my friend lives right next door. What do you think I should do?

Hey babe,

I think you should go to the hockey game - if you don't see your dad as often as you like, your friend will understand your predicament. Besides, you can't really trade in hockey tickets, while you can celebrate your friend's birthday another time. Have fun!
Devin A.

by PolkaDots1999 on 11/21/2011 4:17:44 PM

I don't know what to say; I don't know how girls who are over-babied are going to survive later in life.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 11/21/2011 9:25:24 AM

This article is so true. Luckily for me, I come from a hard working family, and even though I'm the baby of the bunch, which means I get spoiled sometimes, I do my own laundry, room, mail, and I use my own money. And I'm thirteen. It's extremely sad that our generation is getting more reliant on parents and technology to do their own simple tasks for them. I am scared for my future because my generation's intelligence. This article is probably my second favorite one by Karen. My first one is the one about jobs and Bridget Mendler was the cover.

by charliethedancer on 11/21/2011 2:12:20 AM

Love the article!It really makes me think about how sheltered our lives are.Kids are babied a lot,and im not talking about when their little.I'm not sure how some people i know will survive in the real world.Fortunately,I've been able to have some great experiences that im thankful for and i think everyone should experience something that can teach them something they'll ACTUALLY use!

by baconlvr711 on 11/20/2011 6:38:40 PM

my mom is like that and we always get into fights because she's too overprotective. luckily i havent turned into a baby like a lot of her friends daughters. me and my mom have no relationship anymore. i know she means well but, she's making my life miserable and i know for a fact when im 18 im moving out and im never looking back again.

by bailee.cmc on 11/20/2011 5:44:25 PM

i know how to make a box,how to do laundry,and make some food like a grilled cheese and some other stuff AND I AM 11!!!!!!!!!!!!

by millia7 on 11/20/2011 11:53:48 AM

I've been waiting forever for an article like this. It's so true. Now-a-days, everybody wins, and everybody has to be nice. I remember I was at my friends pool this summer, and her little sister had friends over also, and we wanted to play Shark, I think, and they wanted to play it a really complicated and special way so everybody would win and it would all be fair. I wanted to yell at them; "Life isn't fair!" because it isn't. Our generation is going to turn into a bunch of babies, were everybody get's paid the same thing, everybody has the same stuff, so everything is fair. Life is about clawing your way to the top and staying there. In life, there are winner and there are losers, and if little kids don't figure that out, I don't want to know how this world will turn out.

by smileitsjulia on 11/20/2011 10:57:34 AM

@Chandra Pop
I totally agree. I'm one of the smartest people in my class, and I sit next to a girl named Kate (not her real name). We spent 20 minutes learning about stanzas in poems, and then did a work sheet on them. 2 minutes into it, Kate turned to me and asked, "So, what's a stanza?". I could have slapped her!

by sweetpea185 on 11/20/2011 10:52:17 AM

wow that was funny but the fact that an 18 or 19 year old didnt know how to make a box is kinda sad actually really sad

by Miepster99 on 11/20/2011 10:44:54 AM