5 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

8 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

9 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

6 no-fail holiday gift ideas

Our editors spill their go-to gift picks this holiday season

I made my friends the homemade hot chocolate mix this year- and they loved it! I put it in red tins and put a bow on top, and then gave a baggie with white chocolate chunks and milk chocolate chips, and a baggie with marshmallows, to each of them. and peppermint bark is soooooo good! My dad bought some for us and i keep sneaking it from the pantry Smile lolz

by basketballcutie11 on 12/22/2011 12:54:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey I what are some good diy ideas for gifts? I can't really think of stuff for my friends. btw thanks Smile

Hey girl,

We've got tons of ideas for DIY holiday gifts, so check out these posts to help you get started!

Meghan D.

by cucu4cocopuffs2246 on 12/21/2011 4:58:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD! i have a question! when you answer a mod does it appear on my profile too??? or do i have to come back to the page? IM SO CONFUSED!

Hey girl,

When mods answer your questions, the responses are listed below your original comments, so they'll be on whatever post you originally left your comment on.

Meghan D.

by kammiemay on 12/21/2011 4:36:49 PM

Do you LOVE makeup? If so,you should join club makeup♥!

Hi,my name is Claire and I LOVE makeup and beauty AND

fashion! I can give advice,hauls,reviews,quizzes and more!

Join now..♥♥♥!!!!!!!

by iluvmusic♥ on 12/3/2011 7:21:40 PM

Heeeeeyyyyy chicas do u like book series lke
THE CLIQUE
THE HUNGER GAMES
TWILIGHT
HARRY POTTER
and many more?
well join POPULAR BOOKs we discuss the movies, plots, and things we like from the book. Right now were doing THE HUNGER GAMES and its new movie, JOIN TODAY.

by briana13 on 12/2/2011 7:13:56 PM

I don't know what to get my BF, he's pretty simple he is a cross country runner he has an ipod he boxs he likes to wrestle and plays the trumpet. I dont want to bake him anything because i have already done than and i can't make him a collage because we've never tooken pictures together so any ideas? thx Smile

Hey babe,

Try a gift card to iTunes or a running/sports store! He will get a lot of use out of it, since all the running and music fans I've known are REALLY into it. Or you could try giving him a shirt, a DVD, his fave candy, new headphones, etc. Just try to keep in mind what he would use a lot and/or what he likes!
Lauren C.

by princess3156 on 12/1/2011 8:36:56 PM

MOD
I know what to give all my friends who are girls for Christmas, but I have no idea what to get for the guys. What are some ideas for presents to get for guys? Thanks in advance(:

Lynae P.

by aneesha289 on 11/26/2011 8:47:33 PM

Come check out my club "DIY Queens!!" to learn and share cool craft/recipe ideas! Come join!

by Tinyfire14 on 11/26/2011 4:36:03 PM

i'm making my friends cut-out cookies and decorating them. then, i'm putting the cookies in pretty little bags tied with sparkly ribbon. i love the holidays Smile the postcards, bracelets and peppermint bark are cool ideas!

by unicornninja on 11/26/2011 3:03:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD haii (x can you guys like post a recipie on how to make Peppermint bark? thanks!

Hey babe,

Follow this recipe, replacing the "assorted candies, nuts or dried fruit" with crushed-up candy canes! Smile
Lauren C.

by jeanineangel77 on 11/25/2011 7:57:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm having trouble coming up with presents for my best friends. First, Cassie, is really into soccer and is really boy crazy. She likes bright colors. Delilah is into basketball and singing. Sammy is a gymnast. Ellie really likes cozy stuff so I was thinking along the lines of fuzzy socks or something. I guess I could do some kind of fuzzy socks or perfumes from Bath and Body Works for each of my friends, but I wanted them to be more personalized... I need a 7-12 dollar gift for each of them, or multiple little gifts. I'm stuck. Help??
Thanks!
Isabella

Hey Isabella,

Here are some ideas...remember, I don't know them very well, but this could be a start! Cassie could get a brightly colored phone case and a small bag of chocolates. For Delilah, you could try a cute charm bracelet with a basketball charm and a musical note charm. Sammy could appreciate some sporty stuff like running shorts, a new water bottle, etc. Ellie would totally love some fuzzy socks and some body cream (like a "relaxation" gift). Get creative! <3
Lauren C.

by polkadots323 on 11/25/2011 7:23:59 PM

Well my parents buy the gifts that I give my parents and my BFF and I just say to each other, "I like THIS shirt." Or, "I really LOVE this scarf." It's so funny. We got each other gifts at Black Friday today! Smile

XOXO~Courtney <333333

by cmn5297 on 11/25/2011 6:14:38 PM

my december/january still hasnt came! I am a subsciber and have gotten them before. whats the problem?
thanks,
Kate

Hey babe!

I'm not sure what's going on. Try filling out this form: https://secure.girlslife.com/AccountLookup.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fReportMissingIssues.aspx xoxox!
Devin A.

by kmcoolness on 11/25/2011 4:49:33 PM

Love every single idea! I love jewelry(and and anything else to do with fashion, for that matter),hot chocolate is my ultimate favorite drink in the winter,i really want to try peppermint bark,i think that the lip gloss is a super smart idea and i love books and postcards!!
Hey girls! Do you love nail polish and nail art? Well, join a group I'm Treasurer of! Go to my profile an click 'Nail Art!' under my groups. It's really awesome, we give helpful hints, the colors to use for any event, and of course ways to do your nails! If you need something and we don't have it, drop a comment! One of us will get back to you asap! Thanks girlies! <3 Devin A.

by EliseLovesMagazines on 11/25/2011 4:37:44 PM

Good ideas!

by caligirl99 on 11/25/2011 4:17:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hey, so for one of my classes we are having a secret santa. The issue is that they set it up so the gift has to cost $20-$25! I don't have a lot of cash this year and this is most of my budget. I can't drop out because they already picked names. Are there any ways I could get a gift that seems expensive, but won't break the bank? P.s. I got a guy who loves sports, especially tennis.

Hey babe,

If you talk to your teacher, they're usually able to help you out in terms of cash. I would get him something he would really like - like funky color tennis balls! Good luck! xoxox
Devin A.

by rascie211 on 11/25/2011 3:31:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!1
HEY! OK so i have a big problem. I'm not sure if my friends and i are going to give gifts on christmas. I would feel bad if i didn't get them anything and they got me something, and i'm sure theyd feel bad if i got them something and they didn't get me anything. I don't want to ask them or anything (like just out of no where "hey are you guys getting me something for christmas?") so i don't know what to do. thanks in advanced!

Hey Girl,

Why don't you suggest that you guys do a secret santa? That way, you'll either have a fun gift exchange or they'll say something like "I just wanted to get everyone something." Just try not to ask are you getting me anything from Christmas, but say something more like "are we doing a gift exchange?" Good luck!
Rachel N.

by sunshinestar106 on 11/25/2011 12:44:51 PM

Great ideas. I like the hot chocolate mix idea. Tong

by Catlover4723 on 11/25/2011 11:56:09 AM

I'm thinking about giving my friends some of that holiday body scrub and the sequined headbands from the Dec./Jan. issue. We do Secret Santa at my house and I have my dad but I don't know what I'm going to give him yet. So yeah...

by fallsb-ball on 11/25/2011 11:50:59 AM

I'm making my sick grandpa the memento box with homeade candy (i got from joanns). Then my friends Im making the spice body mix in this december issue. MY dad bacon ;] he loves it. My brother whos in the army a hat with the carolina panthers logo (NFL) thats all I know! ;)

by imjustbeautifulmex] on 11/25/2011 9:19:10 AM

I'm making my sisters a "memento box" (from dec 2011/Jan 2012 issue) inspired gift. It will have American Girl dresses I mad with some stocking stuffers and some cute things. For my older sister who loves music, I'm making a caset iPod case (you can find the page here in crafts), I bout my brother a Harley Davidson keychain, I'm making my mom a sock monkey (she loves anything I make!) and some bath bubbles, and some of my besties sequined headbands (for this girl I'm taping the box with business cards, she collects em), I'll make some nail polish(again, in the crafts) and some lipglosses, and lanyards. And for my extended fam? Homemade hot chocolate mix (in the crafts!!!!) and how much did all this cost? $30(:

by Babygirl1265 on 11/25/2011 12:59:33 AM

Mod! Mod!
Hey! The holidays are right around the corner. What are some great gifts I can make for my mom? And also my dad. I'm actually trying to make most of my gifts this year and need just some ideas for friends. Any help? Thanks!

Hey girl,

I always love "coupon books," where you give them coupons for you to do the dishes for a week straight, for you to plan a "date night at home" for mom and dad where you make dinner and put a movie on (or whatever you think they'd like), etc. It's from the heart and totally easy! For other gift ideas, stay tuned to GL.com as the holidays get closer. I'm sure we'll have articles all about this!
Lauren C.

by Babygirl1265 on 11/25/2011 12:50:44 AM

I'm going to make my ultimate best friend a cake, my mom a cake and a book, my dad a shotglass for his shotglass collection, my sister some Coach nail polish, my aunt I'm making her a collage of photos from my sister, her and I went on a one day trip, and my grandparents I'm making them a collage.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 11/25/2011 12:15:53 AM