3 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

4 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

5 HOURS AGO Calling all career cuties! Snag internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! RSVP right here: http://t.co/jo2w2Undss

COMMENTS

My parents can't accept that I've grown up

Dad thinks he’s lost me, and mom thinks I’m being ridiculous…

im 11 and my dad says I cant date but my mom says its ok I don't get such good grades and my dad thinks it because of guys and my dad thinks its ok to still call me his baby and expects me not to grow up how do I convince him to let me be a tween not a BABY?

by 1D on 5/17/2013 9:03:27 PM

MOD!
My mom will not let me do anything until Im 18! Right now I am 12 (almost 13) and I cant leave the house alone, I cant use any makeup, I cant do anything with my friends without one of my parents watching us closely. Oh and did I mention that once I looked up how to curl/straighten my hair with no heat and she threw a fit. Theres just one problem:
I have asked her MANY times if I could do ANY of these things (I even begged, and it takes A LOT to make me beg!) and she said no. There is NO WAY I can talk her into this! If my mom lets me do anything then my dad will too!

Hey girl,

Your parents' rules may seem harsh, but the truth is that they really are making them because they love you! There will be plenty of time to wear makeup and do things alone when you're older, so take the time now to enjoy living with your family and having fun at home. Instead of begging, leave the subject alone for a while and then try to have a conversation where you ask calmly if there are compromises you can make to her rules, and try to work through them together.

Meghan D.

by Famousme on 12/2/2012 12:53:22 AM

Mod mod mod!!! So, when I was younger my hair was had thinkness to it but I was overall straight. I have red hair which it's why it is thick. Anyway today its not straight anymore. It's frizzy and out of control. On the other hand my older sister has super long gorgeous hair that is thick but straight. It's not fair!! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried everything, I really really need your advice

Hey girlie, what your hair decides to do naturally is out of your control. But you can use gel to make it less frizzy and straighten it with a straightener.

Lauren T.

by Marylofal16 on 11/18/2012 8:30:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD! ok,so my mom lets me wear makeup and she said my dad was cool with it...but when I wear it he acts different and stares. I really really don't want to talk w/ him about it! Im lost...I need advice!

Hey girl, dads always think of their daughters as babies. So it will just take him a little while to realize your really growing up! I would just talk to him, make sure he realizes your still his daughter and though you're getting older you still love him just as much.

lauren r.

by bandnerds41698 on 2/18/2012 2:55:25 PM

Ugh! i know the feeling. my rents think im trying to grow up too fast but really im just living life day by day and trying to be myself. guess thats too much for them lol

by ITASHIA on 1/21/2012 5:08:34 PM

same here mom still calls me a child and im a teenager so your not the only one Tong

by kaylah213 on 1/16/2012 5:40:45 PM

Sad huh?

by kindred on 1/12/2012 7:08:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
I need you help with my family. They just can't see that i am a teenager and ready to take on life's challenges. Of course i love them, but they can get on my nerves about every little thing. I can;t be open and honest with cuz i don't wanna hurt their feelings. Also, I can't talk about my "body" yet, cuz i still feel weird. Is this puberty? Or am i just insecure?

Hey girl,

What you're feeling is totally normal -- everyone fights with her parents, especially at your age! You should definitely be honest with them, though. It won't hurt their feelings in the long run, and they'll be glad you trusted them enough to open up to them. As for your bod, if you talk to your mom one-on-one it will be less awkward.

Meghan D.

by Madistar<3 on 1/6/2012 7:02:53 AM

ModModModModModModModModModModModModModModModModModModModModMod
Ok, so there is this "movie night" event at my school coming up in a couple of weeks... I have no idea what to wear! Help! I want to wear something really cute, but also comfortable!!
-StressingaboutDressing

Hey girlie,

I'd probably wear something casual but perf for you, like a pair of bold colored skinny jeans (red?) with a striped long sleeved tee and flats/ankle boots. Accessorize with some fun bracelets and pull up your hair in a sleek ponytail to finish the look Smile
Lauren C.

by Marchbug on 1/5/2012 7:52:44 PM

MODMODMOD
My mom & I are both overweight & my brother has recently lost weight. Whenever someone comments on my brother's weight loss my mom makes a joke about me & herself still being fat. When I get upset, she gets mad that I'M upset. She recently called me a name, though she said she was joking, it still hurt and she got really mad that I was mad! She thinks I'm only mad because shes the one saying it, and if it was someone else, I wouldn't be mad. How can I get her to see that its not just her, that what shes saying and doing really does hurt and I wouldn't let it slide for anyone?

Hey girl,

Instead of getting mad and upset at each other, why not take a little more control and tackle this issue in a healthy way? Be upbeat and suggest to your mom that you go for a walk every night after dinner, or try some healthy recipes, or even try a new yoga/kickboxing DVD from the library. You're probably both feeling emotional as a result of your bro's weight loss - it's great for him, but it reminds you girls about your current weight...which doesn't feel so good. There's nothing wrong with being a little overweight (as long as you're healthy overall), but since you're both feeling sensitive about it, the new year is a GREAT time to mix up your routine and do something good for your bods! <333
Lauren C.