8 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

9 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

10 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

What's with the stubble?

How come when I shave the next day it comes back? It’s so irritating! Girly, this one has been haunting women all over the world...

Dear cmn5297, I hate when this happens too so i tried nair hair removing lotion and it doesn't work welll for me. Your suppose to slather it on at wait then rinse it off with a sponge. It burned when i was waiting and it wasn't long lasting. It grew back in like a day or 2. Sorry

by sheershine101 on 7/22/2012 11:58:14 PM

MOD!
Ok, so last summer I asked my mom if I could start shaving my legs and she said to wait because once you start you can't stop. She also said I can start shaving my legs once my brother starts shaving his face.It was near the end of summmer so I was fine with it but now it's summer again and my legs are SO much hairier! It's really embarassing and so far, I've only worn maxi dresses. I want to ask again but my brother hasn't started shaving his face yet. We also have a beach vacation coming up! Please help!

Hey girl!

It's not really fair for your mom to keep you and brother on the same shaving schedule--you two are completely different! I would sit her down and explain all the reasons you'd like to start shaving. Show her your legs, and tell her you're uncomfortable with all the hair--especially for the beach! Good luck!
Rachael A.

by mca123 on 7/2/2012 12:14:49 PM

MODMOD!
I have a cold sore I found yesterday and it doubled in size overnight! I'm going swimming with some friends tomorrow that I met last week and I don't wanna look bad. Any quick homemade ways to get rid of them?

Hey girl!

I'm not sure about homemade ways you can get rid of it, but you can definitely put some water proof concealer on it so it's less visible.
Rachael A.

by Sara3502 on 6/18/2012 10:20:54 AM

Hey Hockeygal5, waxing can be a little painful especially if you have never done it. I would get a waxing kit and try it out. Different things work for different people, so waxing might work for you. Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I really want to try waxing but I want to know... Does waxing hurt? Lynae P.

by Hockeygal5 on 6/2/2012 1:42:10 PM

Hello

Liposuction is a plastic surgery used to reduce unwanted fats from our body. Liposuction is now combine with body contour and fat removal which is very useful.

by Heena on 5/28/2012 8:02:58 AM

MODMODMOD
I have this same problem. I really want to wax, but my mom won't let me. She thinks it's a waste of money, because I can just shave. But I'm not allowed to use shaving cream, either. She says that soap'll get the job done, so why waste money on shaving cream?
But the thing is, I have like no idea how to shave. My mon never showed me how. She just gave me a razor and told me I can shave now.
When I shave, I cut myself a lot. I also get razor burns and little red, itchy bumps that kinda look like zits. I also always miss hair, and the hair grows back by like the next morning.
So, I guess the whole point of this is this: how do you shave?

Hey girl,

If you're getting razor burn and bumps, try using a bit more soap next time, and make sure you're always changing your razor blades regularly. Even though your mom wants you to use soap, it's not too much to ask her to show you how to do it if she expects you to!

Meghan D.

by Graciegang on 5/25/2012 11:13:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD! so everytime i shave my legs really sting, and it happens EVRY TIME!! i cant use soap of cream when shaving because it irritates my legs. Also whenever i shave and go into the ocean my legs kill!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have to shave before going to the beach because my hair grows back really quickly. what do i do??????
-paige

Helen S.

by skating4fun on 5/25/2012 8:40:46 PM

MOD!
When I was in seventh grade and didn't understand that If I shave my legs they would go from being blonde and go a darker color. I never asked my mom I just thought you were supposed to shave. Now I am older and regret it because my legs look awful and I still don't think I'm allowed to shave. I didn't know when I was younger though and I totally regret it! Is there a way to get my legs back to normal? I don't like wearing skirts and dresses near my mom because I don't want to be in trouble. What was i thinking a couple years ago when I did that! I just want my leg hair blonde againFrown I hate feeling weird when I wear my favourite skirt.

Hey girlie,

Since you already started shaving, it's probably time to confess to mom and see if you can officially get her approval to start shaving. Be straight with her - tell her you shaved before and you rushed into it, and now you feel super self-conscious because your leg hair is darker, more noticeable, and needs to be shaved more often. Apologize to her and tell her you feel awful that you shaved without telling her, but now you really want to be honest and tell her you want to start for good. Make sure she knows how this will improve your confidence and make you feel less stressed out! There's no way to lighten your hair again naturally (unless you wanted to bleach your whole leg of hair - talk about annoying and expensive), so this is the best way <3 Shaving isn't so bad - it's just important that you aren't lying to mom about it!
Lauren C.

by gillyflan on 5/24/2012 7:45:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
mii mom stoped shavin because it part of mii religion and it a choice she made and she even waxed mii underarms but i dunno how to ask her about shaving i kinda feel embarressed nd imm afaird shes ganna say no cuz once i tried bring up the subject miii moms like u shudnt ever shve because the hair or ur leg is gaana get worse so wat shud i do also he hasnt been feelin to her self latly soo tat kinda makes it harder to brin up da subject. so what shud i do?????

Hey Girly,

If you're eager to shave and you're mom is against it, you'll have to approach the subject carefully. Explain why you want to (but don't say "all my friends do"). Tell her you understand her decision, but you want to make your own. If she's been acting funny lately, she may be stressed. Wait until she is more relaxed to bring up the subject.

Marisa D.

by simpsonizer4life on 5/24/2012 4:32:48 PM

ummm this is embarrising but... like i kinda have dark pits. even when i shave the hair it's still dark! is any way to prevent this? or at least can i know WHY it's like this???? i'm asian, about 100 lbs., and 5'2''. Could this be genetic? THANKS! Smile

Hey girl,

This is totally common, so don't worry! Shadows can also make your pits look darker than they really are. It could be genetic or they might just be dry, so try shaving with a moisturizing cream and using lotion.

Meghan D.