10 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

13 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

14 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

What's with the stubble?

How come when I shave the next day it comes back? It’s so irritating! Girly, this one has been haunting women all over the world...

Thx ill try that Laughing

by Glitter_Freak on 1/2/2013 8:58:08 PM

MOD! So when i get ready for school and brush my hair and stuff and then i walk to school and by the time i get to school i have a big knot in the back of my head and this is only a 5-10 min walk to my school but it only happens in the winter why?

Hey girlie, it's probably the wind. Wear a hood or a hat to help protect your hair on your walk. You can also try briefly putting your hair in a ponytail to keep your hair smooth until you get to school.

Lauren T.

by Glitter_Freak on 1/2/2013 8:28:31 PM

I'm ten years old and I have hairy legs. I'm part Pakistani so people there are hairy. Im part Canadian and I'm American. Ok back to the question. My mom also told me in middle school im gonna have to wax, im in fifth grade. I have a few friends who shave. My legs are pretty hairy and I want to shave. My mom and I are really close and I can tell her almost anything but how should I tell her if i can shave. Should i just ask her straight up or email her or....what? Sorry this is really long but I'm curious!! ;]
-Thank You! <3

If you can tell her anything then I say you just straight up tell her! Good luck hon! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by GirlyChic on 10/9/2012 10:29:47 PM

How can I ask my mum to shave down there I hate that hair so I keep on using my older sisters razor when I am in the shower I am to embarrassing to ask my mum

by Love girls on 9/27/2012 6:25:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD im almost 10 but i have hair on my fingers why is it there and should it be there? thanks!

Hey girlie! If you look closely enough there's hair everywhere on your body, even your fingers. The hair is there to help protect the skin underneath it from scrapes and bacteria. If the hair on your fingers is really dark, you can talk to your mom about bleaching it so it's less noticeable.

Lauren T.

by andra616 on 9/9/2012 5:09:02 PM

im 12 years old, and i havent shaved yet. i really need to but i dont know the right time to ask my mom. whens a good time so its not awkward?!

Hey girl!

It's totally normal to feel awkward about asking your mom, chances are she might feel a bit awkward too! Try asking her when you two are alone and have time to talk about it.
Alexis G.

by evenkath on 8/30/2012 7:58:02 AM

@Sara3502
You can try salt water, it'll sting but it cleans the cold sore, or chap stick or something

by hinatagal on 8/12/2012 12:31:17 PM

I have almost the same problem but my mom wont let me wax my armpits because she's worried I'll mess up or it will stain or something, but after I shave my armpits 1's fine but the others stubbly I try to shave good, but when I tried shaving the stubbles the razor cut my armpit
How do I get rid of it?

Hey girlie,

Check out this article about it!

Having underarm stubble is totally normal and shouldn't bother you one bit - it doesn't make you look dirty or bad! If you really want to wax, we recommend going to a salon and letting a professional take care of it <3 That way, it doesn't hurt any more than it has to and you know you're getting it done right.
Lauren C.

by hinatagal on 8/12/2012 12:29:29 PM

No way. No waxing for me.

by Katgrace11 on 8/10/2012 2:44:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
This article describes my sitch! I hate it! Should I wax my hair? Where could I find things to wax because I have no idea where to buy stuff or do it!

Hey girlie,

You can find little wax kits at any drugstore.  A Rite Aid, Walgreens, Wegmans, Target, etc.
Jordan S.

by victoriabieberz on 7/23/2012 11:35:45 PM

Dear cmn5297, I hate when this happens too so i tried nair hair removing lotion and it doesn't work welll for me. Your suppose to slather it on at wait then rinse it off with a sponge. It burned when i was waiting and it wasn't long lasting. It grew back in like a day or 2. Sorry

by sheershine101 on 7/22/2012 11:58:14 PM

MOD!
Ok, so last summer I asked my mom if I could start shaving my legs and she said to wait because once you start you can't stop. She also said I can start shaving my legs once my brother starts shaving his face.It was near the end of summmer so I was fine with it but now it's summer again and my legs are SO much hairier! It's really embarassing and so far, I've only worn maxi dresses. I want to ask again but my brother hasn't started shaving his face yet. We also have a beach vacation coming up! Please help!

Hey girl!

It's not really fair for your mom to keep you and brother on the same shaving schedule--you two are completely different! I would sit her down and explain all the reasons you'd like to start shaving. Show her your legs, and tell her you're uncomfortable with all the hair--especially for the beach! Good luck!
Rachael A.

by mca123 on 7/2/2012 12:14:49 PM

MODMOD!
I have a cold sore I found yesterday and it doubled in size overnight! I'm going swimming with some friends tomorrow that I met last week and I don't wanna look bad. Any quick homemade ways to get rid of them?

Hey girl!

I'm not sure about homemade ways you can get rid of it, but you can definitely put some water proof concealer on it so it's less visible.
Rachael A.

by Sara3502 on 6/18/2012 10:20:54 AM

Hey Hockeygal5, waxing can be a little painful especially if you have never done it. I would get a waxing kit and try it out. Different things work for different people, so waxing might work for you. Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I really want to try waxing but I want to know... Does waxing hurt? Lynae P.

by Hockeygal5 on 6/2/2012 1:42:10 PM

Hello

Liposuction is a plastic surgery used to reduce unwanted fats from our body. Liposuction is now combine with body contour and fat removal which is very useful.

by Heena on 5/28/2012 8:02:58 AM

MODMODMOD
I have this same problem. I really want to wax, but my mom won't let me. She thinks it's a waste of money, because I can just shave. But I'm not allowed to use shaving cream, either. She says that soap'll get the job done, so why waste money on shaving cream?
But the thing is, I have like no idea how to shave. My mon never showed me how. She just gave me a razor and told me I can shave now.
When I shave, I cut myself a lot. I also get razor burns and little red, itchy bumps that kinda look like zits. I also always miss hair, and the hair grows back by like the next morning.
So, I guess the whole point of this is this: how do you shave?

Hey girl,

If you're getting razor burn and bumps, try using a bit more soap next time, and make sure you're always changing your razor blades regularly. Even though your mom wants you to use soap, it's not too much to ask her to show you how to do it if she expects you to!

Meghan D.

by Graciegang on 5/25/2012 11:13:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD! so everytime i shave my legs really sting, and it happens EVRY TIME!! i cant use soap of cream when shaving because it irritates my legs. Also whenever i shave and go into the ocean my legs kill!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have to shave before going to the beach because my hair grows back really quickly. what do i do??????
-paige

Helen S.

by skating4fun on 5/25/2012 8:40:46 PM

MOD!
When I was in seventh grade and didn't understand that If I shave my legs they would go from being blonde and go a darker color. I never asked my mom I just thought you were supposed to shave. Now I am older and regret it because my legs look awful and I still don't think I'm allowed to shave. I didn't know when I was younger though and I totally regret it! Is there a way to get my legs back to normal? I don't like wearing skirts and dresses near my mom because I don't want to be in trouble. What was i thinking a couple years ago when I did that! I just want my leg hair blonde againFrown I hate feeling weird when I wear my favourite skirt.

Hey girlie,

Since you already started shaving, it's probably time to confess to mom and see if you can officially get her approval to start shaving. Be straight with her - tell her you shaved before and you rushed into it, and now you feel super self-conscious because your leg hair is darker, more noticeable, and needs to be shaved more often. Apologize to her and tell her you feel awful that you shaved without telling her, but now you really want to be honest and tell her you want to start for good. Make sure she knows how this will improve your confidence and make you feel less stressed out! There's no way to lighten your hair again naturally (unless you wanted to bleach your whole leg of hair - talk about annoying and expensive), so this is the best way <3 Shaving isn't so bad - it's just important that you aren't lying to mom about it!
Lauren C.

by gillyflan on 5/24/2012 7:45:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
mii mom stoped shavin because it part of mii religion and it a choice she made and she even waxed mii underarms but i dunno how to ask her about shaving i kinda feel embarressed nd imm afaird shes ganna say no cuz once i tried bring up the subject miii moms like u shudnt ever shve because the hair or ur leg is gaana get worse so wat shud i do also he hasnt been feelin to her self latly soo tat kinda makes it harder to brin up da subject. so what shud i do?????

Hey Girly,

If you're eager to shave and you're mom is against it, you'll have to approach the subject carefully. Explain why you want to (but don't say "all my friends do"). Tell her you understand her decision, but you want to make your own. If she's been acting funny lately, she may be stressed. Wait until she is more relaxed to bring up the subject.

Marisa D.

by simpsonizer4life on 5/24/2012 4:32:48 PM

ummm this is embarrising but... like i kinda have dark pits. even when i shave the hair it's still dark! is any way to prevent this? or at least can i know WHY it's like this???? i'm asian, about 100 lbs., and 5'2''. Could this be genetic? THANKS! Smile

Hey girl,

This is totally common, so don't worry! Shadows can also make your pits look darker than they really are. It could be genetic or they might just be dry, so try shaving with a moisturizing cream and using lotion.

Meghan D.

by sugar7410 on 3/23/2012 9:41:35 PM

I'm not allowed to shave, but I have incredibly thick and dark leg hair. Any tricks to make it seem less noticeable?

If you aren't allowed to shave ask your parents if they would be ok with you using a different method of hair removal like Nair or Veet.

Amanda P.

by Breezy28 on 3/19/2012 4:13:23 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!
So i've been shaving for years, but every time i try to shave my bikini line i get ingrown hairs and razor bumps! I've tried using a new razor and everything! Would using hair removal cream or waxing be better???

Hey babe,

Hair removal cream or waxing could get you a smoother feel, but they could also irritate your skin in their own ways. It's your personal decision which way you decide to remove your hair, so try them out and go with which works best! Smile If you're gonna stick with razors, check out this article and this article for some great tips on cutting down ingrown hairs and razor burn bumps!
Lauren C.

by PINKIEprincess on 3/17/2012 9:21:32 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to ask my mom if I can shave but I'm only 11. Help!

Hey girl,

When you bring the topic up, be calm and reasonable with your mom, and explain why you think you're ready. Just don't whine or overreact -- she'll be more likely to hear your side if you show maturity! Check out this article for more help. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/05/27/shaving-talk-with-mom.aspx?cp=all

Meghan D.

by Sarah510 on 3/16/2012 10:14:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
what razors are good for ur armpits and what razors are best for ur legs?

Hey girl,

I use BIC Soleil razors on both my armpits and my legs. They work great! I've also used Venus Embrace disposables before and they're awesome too. No need to buy two separate razors - one will work on both Smile
Lauren C.

by hermionelover on 3/8/2012 8:50:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
im thinking of using an epilady (i think thats what its called, and i think it pulls the hair out) and i was just wondering if they work well?

I've never used one, actually! I love razors and they work fine for me, so I'm not sure. Try asking around (your friends, mom, friends of the family, aunts, etc.) to see if any of them has used one and what they thought Smile
Lauren C.

by hermionelover on 3/8/2012 8:49:28 PM

how can you wax your legs?

by rach_2015 on 3/7/2012 6:45:32 PM

how can you wax your legs? do you have to go to a salon to do it or can you buy stuff like wax that gets rid of the hari

by rach_2015 on 3/7/2012 6:42:02 PM

I wax, and its not as painful as people think, but it does take some time. My legs look great afterward Smile

by bunniac13 on 2/26/2012 8:05:24 PM

here's a tip use soap instead of shaving cream. its thinner and stops the stubble.

by rockstar223 on 2/19/2012 11:19:07 AM

Mod Mod!
So every time I shave, the same day I can still feel it. Its not totally smooth. But any who i use Venus Embrace wich is suppost to do better because it has 5 blades or something like that. but why doenst it work? should i change the blade?

You should try to change the blade. If that doesn't help you may need to consider alternatives. You could just have fast growing hair.
Amanda P.

by Ndadgirl on 1/25/2012 3:08:08 PM

MOD MOD!!! i dont know if i should shave my legs or not? Any advice? thanks! coldplay12

Hey girlie,

If you think you'll feel more confident with them shaved (and the hair there is bothering you because it's too long), go for it! But if you think you can wait, don't feel pressured to start. It's totally up to you <3
Lauren C.

by coldplay12 on 1/13/2012 9:29:24 PM

mod mod mod! im 15 and my mom is from spain so she uses like a machine its not a shaving machine but like a plucking machine and it works plucks really fast but to do your whole leg it takes like 10 minutes and you have to do it about every 4-5 days. it hurts a bit but you get used to it. i did this ever since 7th grade. i feel different cause sometimes my friends talk about shaving and im always silent on that topic. im a swimmer so we have to stop shaving till districts and so im thinking of trying shaving then. im scared though cause my mom says it comes back quicker, darker, and thicker and that it will show on my skin (tan) what should i do??

Hey girl,

I'm not sure about the technique you're using, so I can't say if your hair will grow back quicker with shaving, but as long as you stick to it regularly you should be fine. You'll get the hang of it, just like your friends did!

Meghan D.

by swimstarry on 12/31/2011 12:12:53 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
My skin's feeling kinda dry and I've got a small spot. Just my luck, its almost NYE. I need my skin looking and feeling better in 3 days. EEK! Any Tips?

Hey girl,

For your spot, check out this GL post on pimples: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/22/I-have-a-zit--just-in-time-for-NYE.aspx

As for your dry skin, make sure you are exfoliating with a face scrub (this will help to remove any dead/dry skin) and using moisturizer after you clean your face.

Kathryn S.

by catluverforlife on 12/29/2011 12:11:10 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
I want to start shaving and I was wondering if you can buy the Skintimate Moisturizing Gel and the BIC Soleil razors at Wal Mart. Thanks in advance! Smile

Hey Girl,

Yes, Walmart carries both products!

Kathryn S.

by rosiegrl on 12/29/2011 12:00:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD! When are you supposed to start shaving? Like, what age or around what age, or is there even a specific age? Sarah

Hey girl, there is no specific age to start shaving because it really depends on what your parents think. I think the average age is around 13, 14. Whenever you become uncomfortable with the hair I think you should start. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by pepper444 on 12/23/2011 5:41:27 PM

i know that this is off topic but can u give me some ideas for christmas presents for my 10 year old sister who is kinda like a tomboy but girly to, and my younger sister who is 8 and is really into like lots of stuff. oh and it would help if it was stuff that was a good price and that i can get at my local store or pharmacy. thnx!

Hey girl, mhm you could make a list for both sisters of all the things they like. Have a set budget for each one, and then head to Wal Greens, CVS, Rite-Aid, Wal-MArt and Target and see if anything in those stores match your list. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by hermionelover on 12/10/2011 1:17:17 PM

I dont shave at all n my legs r perfectly fine..my mom said tht i had a severe flu whhich caused all my hair on my body 2 go away!Weird right???Hmm....But i got light VERY light aount of hair on my body...^_^ very strange.......

by Susmita24 on 12/6/2011 8:09:21 PM

i hate my legs! my quadriceps as big as someone about 5 years older then me plus im really small. everyone else my hight has super skinny legs. they always make my shirt look so stretched out! any ideas on how slim them down or even make them just look skinner?

by fmo877 on 12/4/2011 10:14:35 AM

MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!
okay, so I want to start shaving and I don't want it to be extremely stubbly, is there any type of razor you recommend??? I also wanted to know, if you have to use any cream to shave if your in the shower??? Please write back soon!!!!

Hey girlie,

First off, you'll want to gather up all the materials you'll need. You definitely need a shave gel whether you're shaving in the shower or not - I use Skintimate Moisturizing Gel because the scents are great! Yumm, mango Smile Next, you'll need the razor. All girls have their own favorite razors, but mine are BIC Soleil. They come in fun colors and have three blades for a super close shave. Then, hop into a warm shower to open up those pores and get your legs ready. Get them wet, then use the shave gel to lather up your legs. Get your razor wet, then shave in the direction that the hair grows. Rinse the razor after each swipe...and repeat til your legs are smooth and soft <3
Lauren C.

by lolapuppys on 12/4/2011 9:05:32 AM

Mod mod mod
Hey, i get reallllly stinky discarge, like as soon as i get out of the shower i smell it. I wear panty liners during the day, but i don't at night. Is there somthing wrong with my discarge?? Thanks in advance!

Hey girl,

All discharge has a "smell" - it's kinda gross and, when it's really heavy, we smell it more. It can totally make you feel dirty, even right after you step out of the shower! Yuck. But the discharge should never be a strange color/texture (greenish, chunky white) or fishy in odor. If it doesn't just smell normal - but smells bad - it wouldn't hurt to ask your doc to make sure everything is normal and healthy down there! Smile
Lauren C.

by ryry on 12/4/2011 1:12:20 AM

I'm going to Middle School Next year and I'm really nervous.. Any ideas?

Hey girl, dont be nervous! Middle School is a great time to start doing what you like and meeting new people. Enjoy it while you can! =]
lauren r.

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 12/3/2011 4:28:06 PM

Yesterday, i trimmed probably around 1-2 cm of hair "down there" with scizzors. Now it is very uncomfortable and feels like a bunch of little needles are poking me. Also, i have the constant urge to itch even though i didn't shave it. Why is it like this and what can i do to change it?

Hey babe,

Read the second part of this article! Your bod might just need to get used to the new length Smile
Lauren C.

by Pinklife on 12/3/2011 12:06:03 AM

Yesterday, i trimmed probably around 1-2 cm of hair "down there" with scizzors. Now it is very uncomfortable and feels like a bunch of little needles are poking me. Also, i have the constant urge to itch even though i didn't shave it. What is wrong?

by Pinklife on 12/2/2011 11:57:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
Is shaving dry bad??Please answer thanks alot. Smile

Hey girl,

YES it is bad! It can irritate your skin, give you razor burn (which basically feels like a regular burn), can cause hair to get ingrown...and it just plain HURTS! Def don't do it Smile
Lauren C.

by victoriabieberz on 12/1/2011 2:11:23 PM

My bf hates my stubbles, I dont blame him I dont like his when he shaves either. Fortunately I am not that hairy but I still get stubbles.

by luckykel on 11/28/2011 10:11:34 PM

Waxing is actually not that bad. I mean.....it hurts but I think it is worth it. I work at a pool all year round with a lot of guys so my legs CANNOT be hairy. Waxing, for me, lasts like 4-6 weeks. But you can also try NAIR or something.

by stephiecandy on 11/28/2011 9:26:34 PM

It is SUCH a huge pain in the rear... One thing I found that postpones re-growth is putting moisturizer on your legs RIGHT after you shave. I heard that it blocks the hair from emerging temporarily. I tried it and it works really well. 24 hours and my legs are still smooth!

by Dancer_Grl_16 on 11/28/2011 8:50:31 PM

i'm gunna comment on tis because its the first thing i clicked on... but anyways, regarding the poll to the right of your computer about what i'm going to do about the extra day in february why didn't you add in birthday celebrations?! I'm turning 4 this coming year (technically 16) and that's exactly what i'll be doing is celebrating my birthday. Just a suggestion but i think they need to think about these polls just a little bit more.

by Doee13 on 11/27/2011 5:22:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I have a problem with armpit hair, I either can;t get it off or it grows back so quickly. Should I wax it, and if so what brand should I use?

Hey girlie,

Personally, I just shave my underarms each time I take a shower. It takes 10 seconds! Not a problem at all Smile If you do wax it, I would probably go to a salon the first time. That way, you know it's done correctly so your skin doesn't get irritated/burnt! Ask them if they recommend an at-home waxing product, then try following their professional advice.

Lauren C. Lauren C.

by megrace36 on 11/27/2011 12:18:56 PM

omg i totally get what u mean! i hate stubble Tong
i tried waxing once, but it hurt A LOT. never use veet; it hurts like crazy and doesnt even work properly....

by piedude on 11/26/2011 8:12:45 PM

I use an epilator. You still get some stubble but barely any. I think it's much better to use rather than a razor. It's also pretty painless after the first few times. I highly recommend you get one!

by sweetooth on 11/26/2011 4:13:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
What shavers do you reccomend for first time shavers?? Thanks!

Hey missy, I would go with Schick Quattro! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by missljla on 11/26/2011 4:11:02 PM

Waxing really hurts from what I've heard from my older cousin who tried it and I'm not a fan of pain so I'll stick with the stubble thank you very muchSmile

by SmileyGal7 on 11/26/2011 2:52:27 PM

my legs and are really hairy, but i'm terrified of waxing. what else can i do? thanks!

Hey girl, honestly, shaving is the best/healthiest. There are lotions that pull out your hair but those are really unhealthy for your skin/hair follicles. Sorry girl!
lauren r.

by bookworm22 on 11/26/2011 2:42:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
when i shave under my arms it gets stubbly the next day and wont shave all the way. Also i get little red dots almost like pimples. How can i get this to stop?? I need to wear a strapless dress next weekend and i dont want my armpits to look gross!

Hey girl, your skin is just getting irritated by shaving. Make sure you use lots of shaving cream, and afterwards use women's aftershave, or moisturizing lotion. What also helps a lot believe it or not, is if you use hair conditioner, under the shaving cream while you shave. Helps a lot!
lauren r.

by jobrosrlife on 11/26/2011 2:11:09 PM

waxing would kill though, i'll stick to the stubles

by cutiekj on 11/26/2011 1:07:30 PM

i think when i hit high school at the end of this year i'll get my legs waxed. or at least try it to see if the little pain and sting is worth repeating.

by parischick2 on 11/26/2011 12:54:28 PM

That is really annoying. I want to try like Nair or something but I'm not sure if it works. If anyone knows, let me know. Smile

XOXO~Courtney <333333

by cmn5297 on 11/26/2011 12:49:43 PM

when i get older, i'm gonna go somewhere to waxed.

by filaluvva on 11/26/2011 12:47:32 PM

Ya it's sooooo annoying. But my mom won't let me wax my legs Frown I want to tho

by Girlygirl22werock on 11/26/2011 12:01:20 PM