4 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

5 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

5 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

Boy crazy? Here's how not to annoy your friends

Guy crazed? Your bestie might not be. Here's how to cope...

MODMODMOD!
theres this kid that i sit near in language arts and everybody says he likes me and he also shows it. the bad thing is, i don't like him back! i think he might ask me out. if he does how can i say no without hurting him?

Hey girl, just tell him you're not looking for a boyfriend right now. Tell him you love being his friend though and you'd hate to lose that. xoxo
Alyssa B.

by sydneyshort11 on 11/28/2011 6:40:26 PM

hi, my friend recently broke up with her boyfriend and i think i like him. everybody says we look cute together,but idk. one of my freinds who is also a friend of his asked him if he liked me and she told me he just said as a friend. we are n the same home room at school and talk a lot, but after my freind popped the question hes kind of ignoring me... HELP

by epsmisaacson01 on 11/28/2011 6:22:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
this girl guessed who i like, she was right. i had decided early that week not to lie so i told her she was right. then she told the kid i like that i like them! now it seems like everyone knows! so if i try to talk to the kid i like someone will say something. i loved the way it was before he knew, when he would actually talk to me and flirt! how do i get things back to the way they used to be!? please help!!! thank you Smile
-mckey101

Hey girlie,

Just try to be relaxed and laid back! The hard part is over - he knows now, so you don't have to pretend, flirt, try to get his attention, etc. Now, you just have to be yourself! Don't expect him to profess his love for you or ask you out. Instead, just have normal convos with him about normal stuff, like his sports team, homework, etc. Since it seems like he isn't the problem (it sounds like it's your friends instead), try snagging one-on-one convo time through texts or online. I'm sure all the fuss about this crush will die down as time goes by - people are just gossipy and sooo excited that they got a new piece of juicy info. Once they get bored with it, they'll move on to something else Smile
Lauren C.

by mckey101 on 11/26/2011 11:27:14 PM

MOD
There is this guy who sits by me in Lit and i think that he likes me. I have a crush on him too. I'm in 8th grade and so if he "asked me out" it means like we sit by each other at lunch. But, if my mom found out, she would ground me. She thinks that it is inappropriate for people my age to be "dating". So what should I do? if he asks for my number, should i give it to him?

Hey chica,

Giving him your number doesn't equal dating - and neither does sitting together at lunch, really! So breathe easy and, if you wanna hand over your digits, go for it.

You should be honest with mom and, if she asks, tell her you're crushin' on this guy at school. Tell her you've become good friends and sit together at lunch, and he seems pretty cool. But nowhere in there do you really have to say you're dating - because you're not going out on dates, hanging secretly at his house, etc. Smile
Lauren C.

by trackgirl101 on 11/26/2011 9:14:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm a freshman and there's a senior who may like me (I've heard and I can kinda tell). I wouldn't mind going out with him... How do I get his number? I don't want to straight up ask for it, because I don't know him that well and it ma come off as a creep fish... I really wanna text him ;) if I knew he were into me, I know I would definitely feel the same, but I just don;t know how to start a convo with him... He LOVES to joke around sooooooooooooooooooooooo..... HELP!

Lynae P.

by snickie on 11/26/2011 7:18:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!

Lynae P.

by snickie on 11/26/2011 6:53:03 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!
I have a friend who LOVES to brag bout how guys always look at her flirt with her and all that stuff. Sometimes I think she makes some of it up just to keep bagging about herself. I don't think she tries to make other ppl feel bad when she talks she just loves talkin bout how guys lov her. Sometimes I think she does it to make herself feel better but she comes across as a bragged It gets SO annoying!? Btw I am not jealous or loose my confidence or anything when she talks bout it. It is just so annoying! How can I nicely tell her to stop bragging?? Thanks!!!0

Hey girl, unfortunately you just have to be honest! I know a lot of people who do that, still. I just have to be honest and tell them that you need them to stop talking like that because you don't appreciate her talking about that all the time. Or sometimes just quickly change the subject when she goes on about boys!
lauren r.

by Deedles1621 on 11/26/2011 2:29:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I just txted my friend and told her who i liked after she asked. She reponded "aww thats adorable.." and now she wont txt me at all. I waited a few hours txted her and she wont respond. Is she mad at me because i told her who i liked? Please help!! Thanks so much!!

Hey girlie,

I doubt it! She's probably just busy and not able to respond. Give it a day and, if you don't hear from her by tomorrow afternoon, try giving her a call. Say something like, "Heyyy, is everything ok? You were soo quiet last night!" Don't assume anything - let her tell ya Smile
Lauren C.

by paramoregurl on 11/25/2011 8:18:07 PM

I'm 14 now. All of my friends are either in a relationship, in a "fling", or has BEEN in a relationship. I feel left out and I'm weirded out with the fact that I haven't ever been in a relationship, just flings. All the guys that I become close with just love me as a friend, and treat me like I'm their little sister. The older boys (1-2 years older) that I meet and get close with just think I'm a cute little sister. I know this shouldn't matter to me at this age, but what can I do to distract myself from this worry?

Hey girlie,

Some girls get super lucky and, when they're young, they meet a guy who becomes a longterm BF. But other girls spend more time searching! This could be because they're more picky, they have different likes/dislikes, or fate has different plans for them. Trust me - it will happen for you! It's not like you don't have crushes or "flings" - you just haven't found a guy who is worth a big commitment. And that's totally fine! Instead of dwelling on this, focus on other things. Hang out with your friends, take advantage of their BFs and meet their guy friends (crush potential FTW!), pay attention to your clubs and classes, etc. Just make sure you're putting yourself out there, flirting, etc. and I promise, that guy you're waiting for will come Smile
Lauren C.

by DiamondNinja on 11/25/2011 8:15:23 PM

MOD!!
Thanks Lauren C. Smile That should hopefully help alot Smile One more question. Both of our parents are kinda strict when it comes to the dating thing even though we're both 15. Any ideas on how to hang out more or go on dates that would be "parent" approved? Or how to convinve our rents that we're mature enough to handel it? Any suggestion would help Smile

Hey girlie,

Try asking them if there are any "parent approved" date ideas you could use. Tell them you really want their input because they mean a lot to you! (That'll make them feel good.) Ask them if you could bring him over for dinner one night so they could get to know him better and see all the amazing qualities you like about him. That way, they'll feel involved, better informed, and will trust you because you're being open about it with them. That might make them a little bit more likely to be on your side Smile
Lauren C.