1 HOURS AGO It's #ManiMonday! Style up in 20 pretty polish picks: http://t.co/aQDYUFFHYZ

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 girlies send good vibes with #KarmaGift's Coral Tattoo Scarf: http://t.co/AC4ASI4X9W

3 HOURS AGO 20 fashion DIYs that are actually doable: http://t.co/syvbp82Oa9

COMMENTS

What should I get my BF for the holidays?

Should I go traditional and football-related or unexpected but thoughtful?

MOD MOD MOD This is my first year having a best friend who is a guy around Christmas, and i am clueless at what to get him. I love him like a brother and I want to do something special for him. I would ask him, but i want to surprise him. Even if i did ask, he would just tell me not to bother. What should I get him?

Hey girly, think about all the things he's into, even make a list if that will help. Then think of what you could get him that he can use or will like. For example, if he's a sports fan you could buy him a jersey, if he's a bookworm a nice book, or a car fan, a car calendar. Hope this helps! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by AmEtHySt-GiRl on 12/17/2011 6:52:31 PM

my bf and i are both on the swim team and i have no idea what to get him!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I dont want to give him anythinng to typical either!! Please helpSmile

Hey chica, maybe you could get him a gift that will help with his swimming. Maybe a nice gym bag to store all his clothes in when he has to change, a new pair of goggles, or a pair of swimming shoes. Hope these help! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by booklife on 12/14/2011 8:14:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
i have a "thing" with this guy, like weve made out twice and talk a lot and hang out together. I asked him to our semi-formal dance that is in the end of january and he excitedly said yes. his friends say he likes me and i like him but we arent officially dating.... we actually arent officially anything lol. i plan to ask him about that soon, but if things stay how they are now when the holidays roll around, should i get him something?? idk if hes getting me anything but i wouldnt wanna b akward if he does and i dont or vice versa. help!!!!!

Lynae P.

by mkroberts96 on 12/10/2011 4:27:05 PM

Umm, i usually LOVE your guys's answeres, but this one doesn't really help much, could you be a little more specific, i know you guys cant come up with THE perfecet answer, cause every guy is different right? could you possibly put up what NOT to get a guy? thanx!

by 3m2016 on 12/7/2011 4:12:14 PM

i want to get my bf a christmas preasent, but when christmas come we will only have been going out for about a moth. what should i get him??

by lexilulucheer on 12/4/2011 5:50:11 PM

So my n my bf have been 2gether for a couple of weeks and i do want to get him something. Thing is, im broke.
So i was thinking of singing a song instead of a literal present. Yes i am a good singer, at least everyone sincerely says i am. Would that be a good present?
Please reply! Thanks!
P.S. I would probably sing All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey. Smile

by Lexi_Rawr on 12/4/2011 1:39:09 AM

My bf and I have been together for almost 5 months and I have no idea waht to get him for Christmas. We really only get to see eachother on the weekends because I'm a year older then him so I'm a freshmen and he's in 8th grade, but we spend as much time as we possibly can together and we text almost every waking moment, and I still don't know what to get him. Please help me.

by zebragirl97 on 12/3/2011 10:38:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I don't know what to get my BF for the holidays he's into football and wrestling. We have been dating for 4 months... He's really sweet and funny he calls me beautiful a lot so I was thinking about a picture of the two of us but I thought it was kinda weird... any ideas?

Hey girl,

Pictures are always a great gift, and they're not too expensive! Check out our post on what to get your BF for Christmas, but he'll probably love whatever you give him since it's from you, and the thought is what counts!

Meghan D.

by LilBlonde on 12/3/2011 12:14:52 PM

Mod mod mod
For Christmas I was thinking of buying my bgf a toy replica of his dream car. And I was wondering if this was a good present or not.
Thank you! Smile

Hey girl,

It sounds like a great gift for someone who loves cars, if it's not too expensive!

Meghan D.

by Idrocks on 12/3/2011 10:07:05 AM

so...i dated this one guy for 4 months, but it seemed like forever....we were totally into each other, but the thing was that he lived 4 hours away. we met each other the year before at this camp and were best friends for that whole year. we got back to the camp, and hit it off. but then as time went on, he broke it off....then two days after he broke up with me, he started dating my best friend who lives down there. its been a year that they have been together and it kills me...i have an amazing boyfriend now but sometimes i think about my ex and i feel sad....help?

Hey girl,

Try reading our post on what to do when you and a friend like the same guy. If she's your bff, you should try and be happy for her, even if it's hard for you. Try focusing on meeting new guys and on your own life, and soon he won't even matter!
Meghan D.

by elmocake17 on 12/3/2011 3:08:49 AM

So me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 months and 1 week...our 3 month will be on christmas, and im freaking out cuz i dont know what to get him! help?

Hey girl,

Try reading our post on gifts for your boyfriend! You don't have to get something expensive, only you will know what he likes! Books and movies are always a safe bet, too!

Meghan D.

by elmocake17 on 12/3/2011 2:56:06 AM

My boyfriend really likes soccer and sweet, thoughtful things. I need ideas for Christmas please!
Love, Super Stressed

by Dancingprincess98 on 12/2/2011 8:15:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!! My bf is kinda shy. I want to make a move but i don't know how!Please give me some advice! <3

Hey girl,

Start slow! Try holding hands while you're at the movies, give him a hug goodnight, etc. Get him used to it gradually and you'll be just fine Smile
Lauren C.

by physicschick on 12/1/2011 3:26:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD What happened to the "life" section on the top of the page?

Hey girly, we had to get rid of some sections unfortunately. We may still have some articles from that section. Just type in life in the searchbar!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by cass6789 on 11/30/2011 7:57:27 PM

MOD*MOD*MOD!!!!
I have absolutely nooooo idea what to get my BFF for christmas. Also, my crush is one grade higher than me, and i don't even talk to him. I don't know what to do!!! oh, and lol, he's in Spansih, I'm im Spanish, and i found his textbook on my desk... i didn't know what to do with it, so i just left it there. Love, Tay

Lynae P.

by peaceluvmusic on 11/30/2011 7:15:12 PM

MODMODMOD - Okay, so I have NO idea what to get my boyfriend for christmas. We're both 12, and I have a very low budget, unluckily. I only have $10. Any ideas on something I could make????

Lynae P.

by strawberries949 on 11/30/2011 4:08:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD.!!
I dont know what to Get My Bf for Christmas.! He's Kinda a City Boy. and He moved to the country were we live now. He's funny and sweet and He's into stuff like Ipods. But I dont Wanna Get Him Like A shirt or a Gift Card. Ohh And What Should I get my Bestfriend Were completely Alike Which Makes It Harder. MOD PLEASE HELP ME.!
thanks for Reading.
~Maddie~

Hi Maddie,

If you're relationship is fairly new, think about getting your BF something sweet, like a framed photo of the two of you or homemade candy. You could also get him something that reminds him of home, since living in the country is a lot different from the city. Find out what he misses the most about home and try to bring it, or something like it, to him. Definitely don't get him a shirt or gift card, those are basic gifts that don't show any feelings. Since an iPod is probably out of your price range, think about getting him an accessory for his, like a cool pair of speakers or a nice pair of headphones. Good luck!
Rachel N.

by maddiecard on 11/29/2011 11:13:09 PM

I am 12 years old and in 7th grade. I usually wake up at 6:30 AM in the morning, so what is the best time for me to go to bed? Thanks in advance!

Hey girl, I'd say 10 p.m. or 11 p.m. at the latest. Make sure you're getting at least 7 hours of sleep if not 8!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Pinklife on 11/28/2011 8:47:58 PM

My BF's into minecraft and track. He also is saving up to buy a laptop computer. Its our first Christmas. What should I get him? Thanks Smile

Hey girl, I'd just do something small. Maybe get a movie you two can watch together or make him a mixtape.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by pottergirl135 on 11/28/2011 8:12:09 PM

I have a problem... with the guy I like... Well to simplify things, I don't want to like him. He's a player, but he has a great personality (except for the player part)! He is also good looking and I wanna only think of him as a friend! I don't want to risk my chances with him because I don't want to get hurt... So, how can I get over him? Thanks! Love, Claud

Hey girl, distance yourself. If you know for sure he's not a good idea, do what you can to distract yourself and spend time with other people, maybe even find a new love interest. (;

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by claudsoda on 11/28/2011 7:55:17 PM

4 words: i tunes gift card

by LCV554 on 11/28/2011 7:26:27 PM

Omg THIS is your problem??!! Just consider yourself lucky to HAVE a bf to begin with! My love life is a total mess...I've come as close as you can get to dating with many guys (mutual crushes) but nothing has ever worked out. I am so frustrated and just feel like giving up on guys at this point...today I realized my crush of 3 years (the only guy I thought I could ever really count and rely on) is a total jerk...not sure what to do now. I guess I don't have a crush. Gosh that's sad :'(.

ADVICE PLEASE GIRLS!!! lol comment on my profile if u get a chance

by maggie183 on 11/28/2011 7:12:13 PM

MOD*MOD*MOD
How can I tell this guy I like him. I've been told he likes me but I'm not sure, but I don't wanna miss my chance. But I'm way too scared. We have a great friendship and I don't want to ruin it by telling him I really like him, but I think we could be great together. Any advice?
Thank You! Laughing

Hey girl, why not suggest hanging out one-on-one (aka having a little date to test the waters)? See how the evening goes and move from there.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by ♫RockOn64♫ on 11/28/2011 6:49:38 PM

This is my 3rd time writing, hopefully this will be posted and responded to!
I just went through a break up like a month ago, and i miss the guy (call him B)B and I had talked about getting back together but decided against it b/c of our reason for breaking up in the first place, (our friends treat us weird when we're dating)I want to date him though. I don't think he still likes me anymore, b/c he told me about his crush (we're still great friends) and it hurts when i see him flirting with other girls or talk about his crush. I've tried to get over him but i can't, everytime i see him i like him all over again. I've tried everything to get over him, i've tried talking and writing about it, i even encouraged B to ask out his crush. nothing works... I miss him

Hey girl, I think you can't go on pretending things are working right now. You need to be honest with him and tell him while you understand he's moved on, you can't shake the feelings you get around him and you feel like you two never gave it a good shot. If that means you guys can't hang for a while so you can get over it, so be it. But you can't stay friends and watch him date someone else without feeling heartbroken every time you see him. Trust me. Tell him the truth and find a way to work with it.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by stormysea on 11/28/2011 6:11:22 PM

Me and by boyfriend are long distance right now so I can't ask his friends what he want or hear him say something that would give it away .
I really want it to be a surprise ! Can you help me?please

by Efun on 11/28/2011 5:35:26 PM

The great thing about cologne is that we can get them something that we really like and that is right for our guy. There is some that my bf wears that is just yum! And they smell so good and sexy!

by luckykel on 11/28/2011 5:26:51 PM

if i had a boyfriend, i would totally buy him cologne ;)

by filaluvva on 11/28/2011 4:48:22 PM

I recently was telling one of my friends who is spending her first Christmas with her bf what I bought my bf and she said she would rather buy him a nice shirt or cologne. I eventually asked her why she even wanted my opinion because it seemed like she already made up her mind.

by luckykel on 11/28/2011 2:38:56 PM

MODMODMOD i really want to lose weight during the winter. I mostly want to get flatter abs and to lose my muffin top(i have a really bad one). But, the problem is i really don't know which workout to pick. Do you have any ideas? And about how long would it take for me to reach my goal? Thanks!

Hey babe!

I can't tell you how long it would take you to reach your goal - that depends on how committed you are to your diet and exercise (and how much weight you want to lose). But I can tell you that if you're dedicated, it shouldn't take you too too long! Here's a muffin top no-more workout: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/07/19/The-best-cardio-to-banish-muffin-top.aspx
Devin A.