5 HOURS AGO RT @kelliberglund: So this insane basket of candy from @girlslifemag will be the death of me 🍭🍉 is this a good or bad thing..? http://t.cpic.twitter.com/JZOK8EZ3IB/…

6 HOURS AGO So you have an online crush—now what? http://t.co/eBmMKqi04G

9 HOURS AGO Rock earrings—without the piercing part: http://t.co/rbL8f0elte

COMMENTS

Are teens too young to experience love?

I feel like my friends use the word too loosely...

MOD!!!
I have had a crush on a guy for about a month and i noticed he liked me last Friday. On Saturday (at a band awards thing) he kissed me (twice!) Then on Sunday, (our school band played at graduation) he and I kept sneaking around to kiss (in school! i was afraid of getting caught!) On Monday, I had a really good time at a track meet with him (we actually got a chance to talk, and kiss some, but not having to sneak around.) Tuesday, he invited me to the ballpark and we had a little time to talk, then we kissed in the dugout (the field was not being used.) He then asked me if I wanted to go out with him and I said sure. He has not talked/texted me since. I like him, but I am also afraid things are going too fast. I want to get to know him, not just his lips. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hey girl!

Woah! Sounds like a crazy week. That's great that you two are going out, but strange he hasn't texted you since. Try making the first move yourself. Say "it's been a few days...what have you been up to?". He should get the message. Guys often forget to keep in touch. If you think things are moving too fast, tell him ASAP. Tell him you want to get to know him a little better and make it clear what you are and aren't comfortable with. He should respect your decisions.

Marisa D.

by Bridgge2010 on 5/18/2012 2:59:17 PM

I have a boyfriend, but quite honestly i'm not in LOVE with him. I really like him, but he's 11 and i'm 12. A lil young. We have slow danced and held hands, but no kiss yet. We've been dating for three months now. Love IS A STRONG WORD. Remember that!

by fire_of_hope on 2/26/2012 5:01:23 PM

MOD MOD I know I should do what I want to do and I would never change for a guy but I have a problem. I like a (popular) guy and I don't even talk to him (Im not popular). He knows me and found out I liked him in 7th grade but I gave him the strong impression that I'm over him. I've tried for years but I still really like him and he's always on my mind. I'm a freshman now and I see him in the halls twice a day. My friend says that he looks at me and that he's always trying to find me at lunch. I trust her but i feel like shes just suspecting it and I cant always believe her. Ive been hurt by jumping to conclusions and I'm very careful with my heart but he's stealing it without even trying. I can't just go up to him and tell him how I feel. I feel pathetic. Should I just move on? And if I should, how? Sorry for the long story. I just need an answer.

Hey dahling,

The trick is to believe in yourself and either talk to him or know that there's someone out there that you'll like more and enough to want to talk to. He probably isn't even thinking about popularity, your best bet would be to talk to him and find out. And you're right, you shouldn't have to change for a guy, because it wouldn't be fair to the either one of you – you wouldn't be happy, and he wouldn't really get to know you and what you like. As for wanting to move on if he isn't interested in dating you, just keep in mind that the longest and deepest crushes go away as you mature, date and find out what you want in a guy. And a lot of times people change and your perspective might change as you grow older.

Krupali D.

by new-b cool-e on 1/19/2012 4:46:44 PM

Hey emvhorses, I think you should talk to your friend and see if she's okay with you two dating. She likes him too and you don't want a guy to end your friendship. So just check with her and see how she feels. If you get the ok, then make a move. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like this boy at my church. But my best friend and him sorta go out, but sorta don't. They sorta don't because they aren't allowed to. But they both like each other and have held hands before. They have been having fights lately, and he said I was cute. I want him to like me back! PLEASE HELP MOD! Lynae P.

by emvhorses on 1/11/2012 4:42:37 PM

There is a guy in the grade ahead of me that i like and we were talking on fcbk and he asked if i wanted to go out with him i asked if her was serious cuz he jokes alot he said ya but then asked that if he asked me out for real wwhat would i say... i didnt want to lie so i told him that i would say yes but i like another guy which is true cuz i do but does this mean he likes me or is he joking around he always messges me on fcbk when we are both on or even when im not there he always says he loves me but i no he is just joking and being funny becuase thats just him. He is super sweet and taller than me (im super tall) but all my friends say we arent good togther and def shouldnt go out but i like him but idk if he likes me so does he like me? Thanks sorry this is soooo long!

Hey Chica,

The number one sign that a guy likes you is if he goes out of his way to talk to you, and it sounds like this guy really likes talking to you! And he probably wants to ask you out but might be nervous, hence why he hides behind the "jokey" or "funny guy" front. The more you talk to him, the more likely he is to be real with you, and don't worry so much about your friends, just do what makes you happy!
Rachel N.

by HopeIsNotHopeless on 12/28/2011 12:51:30 PM

MOD MOD-Teacher Crush!!
Just last week I found out one of my friends in my science class has a major crush on our teacher. She somehow got it in her head that he likes her but I know for a fact he treats all of us about the same. He is very good looking and sexy for a teacher but I think she has the wrong idea. What should I do, what should I say? I would hate her to make a fool of herself.

Hey girlie,

Instead of trying to tell her he doesn't like her, try to remind her that this teacher/student thing is not gonna happen. It doesn't matter if he DID treat her special - it's illegal. There are some age differences that aren't a big deal, but this one is. So be accepting of her crush, but gently remind her that it's probably better to set her sights on guys her own age - or at least guys who are still in high school! Offer to go to football games, the mall, parties, etc. with her to scope out new crushes. Nod along when she says your teacher is cute, then remind her that it can't go beyond a crush anyway - so you should totally spend some time hunting down other boys too Smile
Lauren C.

by luckykel on 12/9/2011 11:02:09 PM

Mod Mod There is This Guy And He Flirts With Me And Comes Up to talk to me when he sees me anyway I am waiting for him to ask me out but he hasn't last time he saw me he just hung Around and talked to me a while then left then before he did we were just staring at each other until I broke the stare but he says I guess I will see you Saturday we work together do u think he likes me? And if he asks me out I am afraid I won't have anything to talk about or freeze up with him what should I do about this? I'm outgoing with my friends but shy with Guys help thanks mod! Smile

Hey babe,

He definitely likes your company, at the very least! It's totally possible he likes ya since he talks to you so often. Take advantage of that! Chat, flirt, and even start the convo sometimes on your own. Give him the subtle hint that you like him - and that could make a difference! It could encourage him to ask ya out...or even help you work up the courage to ask him to hang out as friends sometime to break the ice Smile Instead of freaking out about what to say, just remind yourself that you got along great up til now! You have things in common and can always learn more about his friends, his family, his interests, his background, etc. Ask him about himself and you'll be fine!!
Lauren C.

by Colorful1 on 12/8/2011 10:20:45 PM

Mod mod I really want contacts but my mom won't let me cause the eye doctor says Iam too young but that was two yrs ago and I been wearing glasses for 4yrs I don't want to disobey the doctor and mom but I really want em helppppppppp!!!!!

Hey girlie,

Since you're underage, you prob have no choice - the doctor won't give you contacts until your parents approve. So if you don't have mom on board, unfortunately it's gonna be glasses til she comes around Frown Could you revisit the topic and ask her maturely if she has reconsidered? Calmly tell her that you really want this because you think it will improve your confidence, help you focus without glasses on your face, etc. And emphasize that you're ready for the responsibility - to put them in and take them out regularly, to clean them, to store them the right way, etc. Be calm and don't get emotional/upset if she still says no. But definitely giving it another try and show her that you can be trusted!!!!
Lauren C.

by jazzalyn12 on 12/8/2011 7:57:59 PM

i need to tell my best friend that soon. she has like 20 crushes, but when ever she breaks up with one, she goes right out with her next one in line...its kinda bothering me. do u think it would be ok to tell her that? like, she will of gone out with like 200 guys by the end of this year i gona bet u. i dont know what to do...

I think it's perfectly alright to tell her you're concerned.  Just be aware of how you phrase it, it could very easily come off as an offensive "oh, she's trying to control my life!" kind of thing.  Maybe tell her that you're scared of her getting hurt, that you don't want her to miss a chance with somebody really worth while because she's involved with people that don't really mean anything to her, etc.  Something along those lines.
Jordan S.

by susper on 12/8/2011 3:25:28 PM

I used to think that teenagers being in love was stupid, a myth. But I am defiantly in love. We have our rough patches, sure, but I can't imagine my life without him. I didn't admit it for months, afraid I'd just be another teenager claiming to be in love. But I am. I guess it all depends on the couple,and what you're feeling. Make sure before leaping to love

by wolfgirl13 on 12/7/2011 8:54:49 PM