AN HOUR AGO Sneak a peek at your future in this week's horoscopes: http://t.co/9XlQA9FGQg

2 HOURS AGO Celebs aren't the only ones who can get away with tights and shorts: http://t.co/MGug4WMOI1

3 HOURS AGO Need a mood booster? Here's 10 to help you get your smile on: http://t.co/U5e6lYC5Rv

COMMENTS

All of the people in Congress must be very unintelligent, because a tomato is a fruit. Plus, it says that there is more calcium and potassium in the tomato sauce, but it doesn't say that it's more per piece. It just says that there's more per entire pizza. And girls, we all love our pizza, but an entire one is a bit of a stretch when there are other things high in potassium and calcium right there.
It's weird seeing some of the things that other schools have on their menus. Mine has NEVER had fries. We always get stuff that is actually pretty good for you. Sure there's pizza every day, but also a healthy alternative. Maybe there's a link between the healthy things we're given at school, just about everyone I know doing some kind of sport/healthy movement thing, and the fact that there is literally only one majorly overweight kid at my school. Not even kidding, just one.
P.S. I love the yummy fruit we always get. Esp. pears & oranges!!!

by French Toast on 12/15/2011 1:17:02 AM

All of you saying its half a serving.......its not! A tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable got it? Smile

by loveTC247 on 12/14/2011 5:42:30 PM

since you ve already started reading you cart stop.my name is kelena.ii have black hair,and green eyes.i am 13. i was abuses my whole life.i have no ears or nose,because my parents chopped them off with a rusty fork. i am dead.i will show up in your room in 13 days and kill you by chopping your body parts with a rusty fork unless you post this on 5 pages.THIS IS NO JOKE!! if you do,something good will happen to you within 13 days.if you dont belive this wait

by paramoregurl on 12/13/2011 6:54:05 PM

@ninadasiy i understand what ur saying but no they shouldn't stay fat cuz tht could take their life a way yes it is their choice but if they end up fat ppl can die from being to big and not being healthy u know???

by Princess Keziyah on 12/12/2011 5:29:20 PM

I think it could be a serving if it were healthy and there was enough of it but I dont think that is the case. My moms sauce would be a serving but I am not sure about the stuff at school.

by luckykel on 12/9/2011 11:43:03 PM

I don't think that the sauce should count as one serving, maybe a half. But I would be sad if they reduced the amount of sodium in things, I love salt! Smile

by Savethefrogs on 12/9/2011 12:58:31 AM

Does it matter? Anymore, everything is unhealthy. We might as well quit eating then.
Hey, checkout my profile, girlies!

by orange24601 on 12/8/2011 10:38:32 PM

Love the show, So You Think You Can Dance!

Join the SYTYCD Fan Club and talk about the show, contestants, and just dance in general!

Whether you love to dance, or just love watching it, join The SYTYCD Fan Club!

by Cailin2006 on 12/8/2011 7:05:09 PM

Silly democrats!
I honestly don't care. I brng my lunch, and plus, if you exercise, it doesn't even matter. :/

by indesicive1 on 12/5/2011 8:37:52 PM

Really? I thought tomatos were a fruit!But whatevs a tomato is actually a fruit so congress is wrong u get a half a serving of fruit!

by Ms.jokergirl on 12/5/2011 8:09:50 PM

Wait what? First of all, tomatoes aren't even a vegetable, their fruit. Second, if we are going to start calling pizza paste (not sauce, past) "healthy" you can do that with just about anything. No way is this right. Also, even though fries and pizza paste have all of that "good" stuff, they are still extremely high in fat and potassium. Just sayin.

by laxchick216 on 12/5/2011 6:55:40 PM

Sweet. It is a fact that pizza has everything you need to survive for the rest of your life.

by svds on 12/5/2011 5:29:14 PM

Let kids be fat!
Its their choice their life.
The government isn't our nanny.
When your in middle school and high school its your fault if you want fries not apples not the government.
If you play sports why shouldn't you get to eat pizza?
Once your 12 or over its your fault (minus genetics) that your fat.

by ninadasiy on 12/5/2011 5:08:02 PM

@pinkmoose3 pie is not considered a fruit because of it's nutritional value IN SCHOOL LUNCHES..in order for it to become a fruit it has to have a certain amount of healthiness to balance the unhealthiness....understand??

by jasperrose on 12/5/2011 5:07:21 PM

Oh My Freaking God! Pizza sauce is not a vegetable! God the people in Congress are morons!

by loveTC247 on 12/5/2011 4:58:15 PM

at my school we have two choices, the gross unhealthy lunch line (where you have to take a certain amount of things) or the line thats more expensive with better food and you can take how much of how little you want. the food in the second line is generally pretty healthy but they put things like cookies and ice cream in that are really expensive so that they can persuade kids to buy them. and we have pizza in both lines from a pizza company oh and congress TOMATO IS A FRUIT

by cupcake95234 on 12/5/2011 4:33:20 PM

Well, first of all, a tomato is a fruit. Second of all, that's just stupid. Kids have a choice of eating there or bringing their lunch. I can understand not having it every day, but cutting out all that stuff is insane.

by EgirlH.97 on 12/5/2011 1:53:38 PM

My school lunches are unhealthy for the most part. They have a main meal that is unhealthy most of the time, along with fries, mozzarella sticks, donuts, cookies, and candy everyday. Plus they have soda. There are healthier options available, like salads, sandwiches, yogurt, and fruit, but it's mostly junk. I must say, the food is really good, but terrible for you, so I only buy lunch a couple times a month. And yes, I definitely do think the government should do something about unhealthy school lunches, at least for elementary and middle schools.

by supersingershannon on 12/5/2011 11:59:38 AM

The why isn't pie a fruit?????

by pinkmoose3 on 12/5/2011 11:09:24 AM

My cafeteria food is terrible yet our nutritionist recieved awards from congress? Nobody eats the cafeteria veggies because they are soggy and covered in water the green beans and broccoli are brown! When they cook them you can smell them down the hall way. I can hardly eat the pizza it is so gross!

by arg5890 on 12/5/2011 10:31:41 AM

Pizza is now a vegetable because the amount of tomato in it. I was always told tomato was a fruit? Seems like congress is dealing with everything except actual political problems...

by SBCreations on 12/4/2011 8:38:23 PM

And they wonder why the coutry is obese! Pizza sauce has fat, calories, sodium, and sugar that kids should not be eating for "vegatables" Take that to your congressman!

by threeb3 on 12/4/2011 8:05:02 PM

I do love pizza but this is ridiculous! Pizza will always be a junk food! My school has real problems with the school lunches. A lot of people bought salad bar, but they took that away! One of my friends used to occasionally buy pizza if there wasn't enough in her lunch and she would have to sop the grease off of it. But it was the only lunch available other than mystery meat. My guy friends have bought but it looks too nasty, so often they don't eat. They're just lucky they have friends like me that secretly give them food Smile.

by scooby239 on 12/4/2011 8:01:34 PM

Pizza is not a veggie! Its not even close to healthy either! My school lunches are disgusting and so high in fat, fries, burgers, and pizza 24/7. We need a healthier lunch option

by dogs498rule on 12/4/2011 6:43:16 PM

Shouldn't Congress be deciding more IMPORTANT things than whether or not pizza sauce is a veggie? I mean, we're kind of in a crisis here and stuff.... just a thought?

by jo_crox on 12/4/2011 6:37:43 PM

I heard about this in Social Studies. All I can say is, our government is idiotic.

by biffo on 12/4/2011 6:28:51 PM

this is so stupid. pizza sauce is not a veggie. sure, it has tomatoes in it, but if anything with a veggie in it counted as one, ketchup and tons of other junk food would.

by ZeusSister on 12/4/2011 5:42:14 PM

i don't know...but i <3 me some pizza Smile

by filaluvva on 12/4/2011 5:24:19 PM

i think it is a veggie! b cuz its not the pizza itself but the sauce can vary and hav many vegtables!

by greeknspooky on 12/4/2011 1:07:23 PM

oh yeah i heard about that but i think its wrong bcuz if the sauce in considered as veggie then what about all the cheese.People put tons of cheese so its kind of balanced but that does not make pizza healthy.Thats my opinion.

by Music's #1 Fans on 12/4/2011 12:52:06 PM