3 HOURS AGO 7 cute characters with closets to die for: http://t.co/Ls6Dd4Ygey

6 HOURS AGO #YouWroteIt! Check out this poem written by an awesome #GLgirl: http://t.co/c0qORtXZJL

7 HOURS AGO Kick your feet up in these fab flats: http://t.co/N5dTQXVe9K

COMMENTS

My relatives disapprove of my BF's religion

I'm not going to break up with him, but I don't want it to be awkward during the holidays. Help!

@mirah89 & Mikah D.
I was thinking the same thing about muslims not being allowed to date but I guess it depends on the parents. Anyway, I know for a fact that Muslim guys can marry a Christain or Jewish woman but Muslim women cannot marry out of their religion.

by realchk on 12/6/2011 5:05:18 PM

@mirah89
The muslims believe they, christians, and jews all worship the same God. Some muslims may be against it but until recent times (trouble in the places that are mainly muslim) they have been very accepting of christians and jews. Honestly, the news makes muslims look much much worse.

by Mikah D. on 12/6/2011 4:46:55 PM

MODMODMOD!!
Ok, so today I had gym, and I was really excited, because we are doing volleyball, and I play , so I was reallly excited because I stink in just about everything else in gym. We learned serving today, and I've been playing for about a year, but I still cna't overhand serve. My gym teacher knows that I play, so she asked me to demonstrate an overhand, and I said that I couldn't, and she looked at me quizically and said, "You can't overhand serve?" and raised her eyebrow and said it kinda sarcarstically. I know that I can't overhand, and I've been working on it for FOREVER and I stil can't seem to get it right, even though I've been playing for a year. I felt really humiliated in gym, because everyone was watching me because they were like, expecting me to be good because I play, but I just made my 1st overhand over today (ever), and the rest of the time, I just made really lame attempts .I feel really humiliated, especially with my teacher's comment. What should I do?

I think you're stressing and psyching yourself out.  I'm sure you can do it, clearly, since you pulled it off today.  I play sometimes as a hobby and I used to have just as much trouble with it.  All it takes is practice.  I used to hit it with the wrong part of my hand or my arm wouldn't be stiff enough, and the ball just went into the net.  It's all about the technique, which comes hand in hand with practice.  Is there any way you could pull aside your coach or your gym teacher and have them help you out for a couple minutes?  At the very least they could help you identify what it is you're doing wrong.

Jordan S.

by uni301 on 12/6/2011 4:32:27 PM

thts kool....

by Susmita24 on 12/6/2011 3:47:23 PM

ummm.. im confused here isn't it against his religion to have a girlfriend? i mean i'm not against it that much,i happy you found love,but she should ask him if he is doing it behind his parent's back.

just saying

by mirah89 on 12/6/2011 3:25:27 PM

That's ridiculous, people shouldn't judge others based on their religion, ethnicity, race, age, looks, etc. But you give good advice, GL!

Join my club, 'Orchestra Nerds and Band Geeks.' It's a loose and fun club where we talk about anything and everything- But especially music! Go to my profile to join! svds

by svds on 12/6/2011 2:40:41 PM