9 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

12 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

13 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

Hot hair products we hope to find under the tree

The must-have gifts for your gorge mane.

The last thing on this list I'd want to see under my tree is a hair straightener. For 2 reasons:
1 I can't stand heat damage
2 I like my hair the way it is anyway. I think it's prettier.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/12/2012 10:00:20 PM

I have that moroccan oil and its awesome! Works so well in my tangly, frizzy hair!

by ngizmo15 on 3/2/2012 11:41:28 PM

I have EXTREMELY thick hair. It's also curly/wavy. It is really dry and i have no ideas on what might make it less dry. Do you have any ideas for conditioners that may make it more moisturized?

Hey chickie,

Check out this article with products for curly girlies! We definitely have what you need there <3
Lauren C.

by Lioncub190 on 2/23/2012 4:28:14 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
I really don't like my hair. It gets really bad tangles in the back of i,t so it sticks out and I have to keep tucking it under the rest of my hair. It's wavy, and dry where the tangles are, in the back of my hair. But greasy on top. Gross & strange, I know. My friends have started saying "Your hair looks kinda frizzy today..." so I get really self-concious about my hair. How often should I brush my hair out really well and how often should I take showers? Any tips? Thank youuSmile

I suggest you do this: when you shower ONLY shampoo the top of your head. Only massage it into your roots and get that part clean. Let the suds run down the rest of your hair when you wash out the shampoo. This will allow your natural oils to keep your hair from being as frizzy and it will get rid of the oil on your scalp. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by rosierosie on 2/21/2012 6:36:20 PM

MOD MOD Mod
for winning prizes we get them sent to our house to the address that we entered when we first signed up. I just moved how do i change my address????

Hey girl! I would email Trish at trish@girlslife.com and put "Contests" in the subject line to get that sorted out!

Colleen K.

by rockstar223 on 2/20/2012 6:54:35 AM

Mod, Mod, Mod! Do you have any hairstyle ideas for a dance? I have long brown hair, straight, and I like having it up. Thanks Smile

Of course!! My personal faves are Dianna Agron's SAG awards style, a low bun like LC's casual 'do, and the looped ponytail Smile
Lauren C.

by writer_gal on 2/17/2012 10:08:21 PM

Mod!
I seriously hate my hair. It's extremely long and gets greasy in 2 hours. I put my hair up often because of it. Today right after my hair dried I put it up and now I take it out and it's greasy! UG!
Helpp?!?!

Hey girlie,

If it's so long and it's really bothering you, why not get a haircut or trim? It could really help to make your hair feel lighter, healthier, and cleaner! Plus, read this article for some more tips on greasy hair and how to overcome it! Smile
Lauren C.

by pandalover458 on 1/20/2012 11:55:26 PM

Well i don't have frizzy hair, but i've used this and so has my mom... It's amazing!(:

by softball6 on 1/19/2012 7:06:38 AM

My hair is just a ball of curly frizz!! Literally people say it has an atmosphere!! I've tried the Moroccan Oil and it sometimes works but not always! What's up with that???

by LilBandGleek on 1/16/2012 4:58:15 PM

Are the hair tips only for white girls

Hey girl,

Not at all! Not all our hair tips will work for everyone (like personally, my hair is stick straight, so any hairdo with curls is a big NOPE), but lots of our hair tips can work on different types of hair textures! Give them a try and see if your hair cooperates Smile Keep practicing til you get it down!
Lauren C.

by rockstar223 on 1/5/2012 6:59:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Merry Christmas! Anyways, I need hair help. My hair is so blah, and damaged, and frizzy, and, eww. I just hate it! I see the Moroccan Oil treatment, but I don't have that much money. What can I do to make my curls/waves shiny, smooth, and healthy again?
And do hair growth vitamins work? Because the other day I burned my hair on the curling iron and a small 2 centimeter or so section fell out. O:

Hey girlie,

Read these articles! We've got tips to fight frizz and also to hydrate your hair to make it feel soft and healthy again Smile #1 tip: coedition your hair every time you wash (plus a deep conditioner twice a week)...it'll really make a difference!

P.S. Please please please try to give it a break with the heat! Don't curl/straighten your hair for a while - and, when you do, try not to do it every day. The fact that it literally fell out is a sign that you need to give it some time to breathe <3

Lauren C.

by Noellastarr0206 on 12/25/2011 1:37:21 AM

I LOVE the Remington hair straightener and the Moroccan hair oil treatment!

by rosiegrl on 12/22/2011 9:50:51 AM

MODMODMOD
People tell me I'm pretty but i don't think i am. Sometimes i do, but it depends. I have a pretty low self esteem. My friend says all the time to have more confidence but it's hard. Is there any way for me to have more confidence or make me feel prettier?

Hey girl,

Whoa, don't be so tough on yourself! Check out this article, http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/08/17/i-want-more-confidence.aspx and try little things that make you more confident, like wearing a different hairstyle or awesome shoes. Make a list of things you like about yourself, and refer to it whenever you're feeling down! If you feel your low self-esteem is serious, check out this post, http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx, which has hotlines and resources for those battling depression. You should also discuss this with a trusted adult, such as a family member, guidance counselor, teacher or doc.

Meghan D.

by jblover257 on 12/21/2011 4:46:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD What's the best way to tame frizz without hairspray? thanks Smile

Hey girly, try getting some anti-frizz shampoo or hair oil. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by bookworm22 on 12/17/2011 5:45:34 PM

I connect to YouTube with my Gmail and in my history it says that I watched a ton of really inappropriate videos which I did NOT. I'm scared someone I know will see this and get me in trouble for something I didn't do. I don't know much about this YouTube/Gmail connection at all. Help!!

Hey girlie,

Did you leave your account logged in at a public/friend's computer? It's possible that you didn't log out by accident, so someone else came on and looked them up. Try going into settings and changing your password, then clearing your browsing history if possible. Start fresh! <3
Lauren C.

by svds on 12/16/2011 10:50:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I have an acting coaching tomorrow (my first session) and I don't know what to wear! I'm thinking blue skinny jeans, but what should I wear with that? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Keep it simple so your fashion choices don't get in the way of learning! Blue skinny jeans will work great with a pair of boots and a simple, fitted black tee shirt Smile A ponytail and a light scarf will seal the deal.
Lauren C.

by txtingirl on 12/16/2011 10:46:45 PM

Mod
This is a wierd question but for Christmas my siblings and I all get one "special gift" that is bigger then the rest. The problem is I'm not sure what I want and I know I have to decide soon since it is getting so close to Christmas! I was thinking about asking for the kindle because my mom has one and I use it and like it. But now there is the kindle fire and I don't know which one would be better(for me). I am always on facebook (and GL! haha) but we have a laptop that I use. I think I would mostly use it for books. What do you think? And I'm not really sure what else to ask for since I don't really want anything lol but my mom keeps asking me for ideas.
Thanks! =-)

Hey girlie,

If you don't want anything, you could ask for something practical: a new warm coat, the gorgeous designer bedspread you've been eyeing, a donation to a charity that holds special meaning for you, etc. If you want to go the electronics route, I'd go for the plain Kindle. Since you'll mostly use it for reading, it's better for mom and dad to save money and get the one you really need. Kindle Fire is awesome, but you don't need to be connected to the internet allllll the time...even though we obviously love it lots ;) But mom/dad could think that the Kindle Fire is worth it since you get more "bang for your buck" (aka more features for the money they spend on it)... try giving them a few vague ideas, then letting them surprise you with what they think is appropriate!
Lauren C.

by rosietoes4ever on 12/16/2011 10:01:48 PM

I use the knockoff morrocan oil on my hair every day... I love its Smile

by stargirl210 on 12/16/2011 9:30:05 PM

I Have A Chi Straightner And Curler It Works Wonders.

by EddyKala on 12/16/2011 7:22:41 PM

Hey guys!
Please become a fan on my advice queen page! No question is too embarrassing! I promise to respond really quickly. I check every day! I love to give advice so please come to me for help! Thanks!

by emonkey4 on 12/16/2011 6:54:06 PM

Wooahh...only $32 for a multiple style iron?! O:

by lovetolaugh on 12/16/2011 5:48:40 PM

Join My Club Dumbledore Army D.A. If You Love Harry Potter!

by EddyKala on 12/16/2011 4:52:16 PM

The all-in-one hair styling thing seems cool. So does the beach wave and dry shampoo. Well, I guess all of them seem cool! Smile

by sweetooth on 12/16/2011 3:26:06 PM

ive heard about that moroccan oil stuff...

by Alle93 on 12/16/2011 3:23:10 PM

I HAD THE SPIN PINS AND MY MOM HAS THE MOROCCAN OIL AND I <3 BOTH OF THEM!!!! I LOST THE SPIN PINS BUT THIS MAKES ME WANT TO BUY THEM AGAIN BECAUSE I DID LOVE THEM! THE MOROCCAN OIL MAKES YOUR HAIR SOOO SMOOTH AND LUSCIOUS, AND LESS FRIZZY!!! IT'S A TAD PRICEY, BUT SO WORTH IT!!! JUST USE A TINY TINY DROP BEFORE YOU BLOW DRY YOUR HAIR!!!! THAT IS SO WORTH IT

by legallyginger12345 on 12/16/2011 7:30:16 AM