AN HOUR AGO Which British babe is your perfect match? Take the quiz now: http://t.co/PjkKIrbsRW

2 HOURS AGO Kick it with Annabelle as she bags the boy of her dreams in this new must-read: http://t.co/6TZzIKF99Y

3 HOURS AGO So excited to hang with @PeytonList today! What questions do you want us to ask? #peytonlist #GLpeyton

COMMENTS

3 sticky holiday sitches--and how to handle them

Before making merry, check our no-fail guide to warding off festive faux pas

MODMODMODMODMOD
Okay so long story short, im working in my states capital for 9 weeks with 45 other kids my age- guys and girls.
I really like this one guy, joseph but hes a twin, caleb. And im pretty sure caleb likes me. (they are both working with me). I dont like caleb, but i spend more time with him because were on the same 'team'. im scared joseph will think I like caleb and will stop liking me.
And - is playing hard-to-get (i.e. not being with the guy all day, but being with them enough to like each other and get to know each other ) a good idea? apperently guys love a chase!

Hi Girl,

Playing hard-to-get is one of those flirt technics that may work but also may not work at all! It all depends on the guy! I think you should try to spend more time with Joseph to see if he shows interest in you. Maybe you can ask Caleb if his twin has a GF because with that you kinda already show Caleb that you're more into his brother! Hope this helps Smile
alicia m.

by GottaLoveLaura on 1/24/2012 2:43:58 PM

Hey *fig*, the same thing happened to me last summer. I couldn't stop feeling guilty and dirty, and I actually saw the guy the day after we had went out. I found that once I accepted what happened, I was able to move forward. You made a mistake and now it's in the past so let it go. If this guy wants to hold onto it, let him. Ignore him and his friends and hold your head up high when you walk past him. He'll know that the stuff you guys did together doesn't affect you anymore. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!
I did some stuff with this guy about a year and a half ago and I feel so guilty, plus he told all his friends. I feel horrible and now whenever I walk by them they always whisper and make gestures towards me! Please help! I dont know what to do. Lynae P.

by *fig* on 1/4/2012 6:45:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD How do I make a club/become an advice queen? I want to for fashion, I'm really good at everything from beauty (makeup,skin) to hair to clothes! My friends ask me for advice all the time Smile

Hey girl, scroll down the Girls Life page and look on the left until you see where it says "Create a Club" click that and there you go!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by PandaPrincess♥ on 12/23/2011 6:33:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD There is this girl who is my bestie she treats me as a 3rd wheel for only her probs and also she always has to show shes smart and just because we both are african american she thinks there all dumb i want to tell i dont like the way she does both of those things but how?

Hey girly, with someone like this you need to confront them face to face. Let her know that you won't allow her to treat you like this. Tell her everything you want her to know and I'm sure she'll change her ways. Hope this helps! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by fashionguru6 on 12/21/2011 8:27:35 PM

MODMODMOD
Sometimes my mods don't get answered. Y!!?

Hey girl,

If questions aren't specifically addressed to the mods, sometimes they won't be answered if we're busy with comments that day. If you label your questions with "MOD" in front of them, we'll do our best to respond!

Meghan D.

by macaronimusic on 12/21/2011 11:05:26 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
i invited my friend over and she said it was her mandatory essay writing day(she is trying to get into a arts high school. it seems like she cares more about OSCHA than her friends. i know that if her friend heaven invited her over she wouldn't even think about declining. what should I do?

Hey girly,

Don't worry. She is probably just really working hard to get into this arts school and is concentrating hard on it. Let her be and don't get angry at her. Once all of her applications are done, I'm sure she will hang with you!

Catie C.

by kittymodel on 12/20/2011 3:50:29 PM

MODMOD!
Please help me!!!!
So, my best friend has been dating her boyfriend for a year and a half. They've talked about EVERYTHING, and some of the things they've done is inapropriet. They haven't "done it" but just the way their relationship is like it's quite inapropriet for a 14 year old girl and a 15 year old boy. They already are saying things like, "it's okay, but we're going to get married." And they both constantly say stuff about being married. I absolutely HATE her boyfriend. If I ever try to say something to her she pulls the "we're basically married" line. I honestly want them to break up so bad right now I'm about to throw up. What should I do?!

Hey girl,

I know their relationship is sickeningly sweet and they might have done things that you wouldn't personally do at this age, but it was their decision! Try to respect that they are people who can make their own decisions and love each other, if that's what they want. It could be that he's taking up her time and you miss her. It could be that you feel like he knows her better than you do. It could be that you wish you had a BF yourself. Whatever the reason for feeling this upset, try to put it behind you. She's your friend and you want to protect her (and sorry to put it so bluntly), but it's none of your business. If they're annoying you, try to snag some one-on-one time with your bestie or try to distance yourself from them a bit so you can cool down. But you can't force them to break up, or to slow down, or to stop talking like this. They feel really comfortable with each other - and honestly, that's really great for them. Support your bestie like a good friend and try not to judge! <3
Lauren C.

by EgirlH.97 on 12/15/2011 11:56:31 PM

MODMODMOD
Please answer this. My friend is doing weed. She's responsible about it, has done her research. She told me not to tell. Should i tell or not?

Hey girlie,

This is a personal decision that only you can make. You have to decide what smoking weed means to you: is it a major deal-breaker? Do you think it's extremely unsafe, aka do you think she's putting herself in danger? Personally, I would probably wait it out and see what happens. If she stays responsible and doesn't let it take her away from schoolwork, her interests, and her responsibilities to her friends/family - then maybe it's not such a big deal. It doesn't change the fact that it's illegal, but it's not destroying her life, ya know? But if she starts to become withdrawn or changes because of it, I probably would spill the beans. But like I said, it's up to you! Do what you feel most comfortable with <3
Lauren C.

by pamina9 on 12/15/2011 9:40:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
This year we're having a Christmas party at my grandparents house, which is normally really fun.
However, this year, my cousins from Hawaii are coming-and I haven't seen them in 4 years!!! What I do remember of my cousin (she's also 11) is that she's pushy, rude, and hard to deal with. Not great things to say, but hey-it's true!
I don't know how I'm going to get along with her-I'm sure it'll be awkward, plus, I don't know if I should get her a present!
Any tips?

Hey girlie,

It's been four years, so try to be positive: she could have grown up a little bit! She could still be rude and aggressive, but she probably won't be quite as bad as you remember since she's older now. So try not to dread the party - you won't have any fun if you go into it miserable. If they turn out to be hard to deal with, try spending your time around your grandparents or parents instead. Just avoid them so you don't get too frustrated Smile And try going in on a present with your parents. That way, you've gotten her something but you don't overdo it. It'll be ok!
Lauren C.

by Nanafofanna on 12/15/2011 8:54:44 PM

I juts feel like iv'e grown up to fast and whenever i see meories i feel so depressed and i cryand i feel sad like and overcoming sadness and regret whenever i look at pictures or vids of old time. smiling becuase it happend isnt possible for me. how do i get overthis?

by chick987 on 12/15/2011 6:29:36 PM