Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO GUYS take notes! This is how ya get a girl to kiss you under the mistletoe: http://t.co/clBpvS11XK

2 HOURS AGO 5 super cute Christmas manis to rock right now: http://t.co/PdcCen0EDE

3 HOURS AGO Find out how Santa made this little girl's real life dreams come true: http://t.co/IJavBkaP0Y

COMMENTS

Ho-ho-holiday workout

Seize some active inspiration from your favorite Christmas songs…

Dear FNoelle,

I got sick for weeks this month and I keep getting sick. I know how you feel it's hard to bounce back. I am losing energy too. I just try to do little workouts with small (like two or three pound) weights. Make sure you hydrate and eat a small snack before. Don't eat a meal before this it feels terrible if you do. It wastes a lot of your energy. If you do eat diner or drink a lot of water before wait a little bit before you work out. Try to start a simple routine like some cardio or dance. (Or even better, both.) I recommend asking your parents about what you should do about gaining back strength. I think there are foods and/or vitamins you can take for that.

by canton2001 on 12/20/2012 9:28:34 PM

Hey wishuponastar97, you guys could practice in your schools gym or in someone's basement. Just think of an indoor area that has lots of space. Is there a recreational center in your neighborhood? Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really want to be a cheerleader next year to stay fit. ive never been a cheerleader before, so i dont even know how to do a roundoff. i plan on sometime inviteing a few cheerleaders over so they can teach me stuff ill need to know for tryouts, but only 1 prob. its really wet and cold outside. how do i get ready for tryouts that happen in March when i cant go outside and practice? i only have 1 month left! pleaase help me! Lynae P.

by wishuponastar97 on 1/27/2012 6:10:02 PM

I have a problem with getting sick a lot & when i do i dont work out or eat very heathy things. I've gained some weight (2 much & way more than usual/normal) and lost a lot some strength/muscle since iv been sick (it didnt help that it was during x-mas break either). i try but i cant seem to get back to the way i was b4 and i really need/want to.
plz help <3 -Noelle

by FNoelle on 1/4/2012 10:34:07 PM

Any questions about how to feel or do better in your favorite sport or why something unexplained happens whenever you workout? Do you have alot going on and you stress over it too much? Do you put yourself down when life doesn't go the way you want it? Well I'm a varsity cross country, and track runner that is full of randomly helpful facts. Ask advice from me, and I'll point you in the right direction. Just join the club: ActiveTeen101

by da-runner on 1/3/2012 12:58:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
There is this girl that's really nice to me that I've known for a long time. She's been part of the popular clique, and I kind of hang around with every clique. Our brothers are on the same team, so we hang out a lot outside of school. But when I got to see her and her friends during school (I also know them all very well) she isn't as nice as she usually is (ignoring me, excluding me while she tells the others secrets) should I reconsider our relationship....???

Hey girl,

You have to decide exactly what you want out of your friendship. It sounds like she's totally herself and likes you when she can be one-on-one, but feels like she has to "prove" something to her popular buds by being less nice when she's around them. It's a normal situation and I've seen it happen before...but that doesn't mean it's right! Try mentioning it to her once by saying something like, "Hey, it's not a huge thing but I've noticed you're kinda distant when we're in school. We don't have to be best friends all day haha, but we should at least say hi and be nice to each other." That way, she'll know you've noticed what she's doing. It's not ok to be friends with someone only when it's convenient! <3
Lauren C.

by indibrown10 on 12/31/2011 11:30:10 PM

mod mod mod
hi! today i went to chipotle with my friends, and i got a burrito bowl with a ton of veggies, but I also got the spicy salsa on it (which is what i always get, and i didn't over eat) and after it digested, i started riding on my family's spinning bike (which is my fav workout and i do it alot) and i also did the interval trianing thing cuz i found it in an article on this site, and after i picked up the pace on the bike (i wasnt over working myself, im used to the workout), my stomach started burning and i felt like i was going to get sick. i would just think that it's indigestion, but i havent been able to eat spicy food in the past few months (eating hot food isnt something new, my mom always cooked super spicy food since i was little, and it never effected me until now) do you think there could be something wrong with me, and if so, what??? ps Happy New Year!!!! I love GL!!!

Hey girlie,

You probably just overdid the exercise soon after eating! Chipotle is also really spicy/full of ingredients we might not be used to eating, so it's actually common to experience heartburn/indigestion/diarrhea after eating it. You could also be fighting off a stomach bug/cold, which is why the spicy food doesn't sit well. It's possible though that you've developed an allergy to spicy food (or it just disagrees with your stomach in a way it never did). It's not something I'd rush to see my doctor about, but try mentioning it the next time you go for a checkup! They might be able to figure out what's going on <3
Lauren C.

by guitargirl7321 on 12/31/2011 7:27:16 PM

mod mod mod !
im 13 and i weigh about .... pounds. Frown Frown Frown what can i do ?!?!??!?! my mom, older sister, and aunts on my dad's side are all pretty much like this. but when i was younger, maybe 7-9 years old, i was super thin! what do i do about this, like how can i fix it? Frown

Hey girl,

First off, weight shouldn't really be measured by your age. Instead, it has to do more with weight-versus-height! So don't panic just because you're 13 and think you weigh a lot. Consider your height - and if you're concerned, try asking your doctor about the average weight range for your height. In the meantime, make sure you get active a little every day - even if it's running around in gym class or walking briskly home from school. Eat healthy, well-balanced meals throughout the day with lots of fruits and veggies (and very little junk food). Make sure you get lots of sleep - and don't forget to LAUGH! Stay healthy and be good to your body, because that's all that matters in the end Smile
Lauren C.

by owlcitylover on 12/24/2011 11:56:53 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!! i working on tonning up my body but i cant get very much cardio because there is ice and snow outside so how can get some cardio inside with no equipment? also how do i tone my belly? and shrink my hips an inch or two?so many questions but thank you for taking your time to read and answer this -thanks

Hey girlfriend, I'm super busy trying to respond to all your questions. Unfortunately I can't get to everyone, so ask some of your gal pals on here for help. There are so many chicas who are more than happy to give you advice. Thanx a bunch for understanding. x0x0 Smile

Lynae P.

by smileyface101yea on 12/23/2011 10:51:13 AM

Hey! Mod mod md! Does gl have any workouts that are actually designed to help you lose weight?is so can u recommend one please?

Hey girlie,

All of our workouts, when done regularly and seriously (and combined with cardio and a healthy well-balanced diet) will help burn fat and make you feel awesome about your bod! Look through our Workouts section and pick the ones that sound the most fun for you Smile That's what matters - you have to make a workout schedule that makes you happy!
Lauren C.

by OCcheerbabe on 12/22/2011 7:19:53 PM

i LOVE this workouts but someof them are kinda hard to do were i live almost all winter there is snow on the ground and when teh snow melts there is ice, so i cant run up my drive way are jump rope

by ggband11 on 12/21/2011 8:18:47 PM