COMMENTS

Removing your wisdom teeth might not be a smart move

After two teens died during or after surgery, doctors are questioning the importance of this right-of-passage…

Hey kjcoolie, who cares what they think? You know the real reason behind you getting braces and that's all that matters. Just think about how nice and straight your teeth are going to look, after you take your braces off and then everyone will be complimenting you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

mod mod mod mod!!!!!!! ok so my teeth are REALLY crooked and people always make fun of it. once i heard some of my "friends" saying "she looks like a f***ing vampire!" i was crushed. now my mom says i have to get braces but im afraid people will think im getting them just b/cthey said that. am i being shallow and should just shrug it off? thakn you!!!!!! Lynae P.

by kjcoolieo on 1/21/2012 6:50:47 PM

Hey rubie, so your teeth may not be your most attractive feature right now, but think about other parts of your body you're proud of. Do you have pretty hair? How about long shapely nails? And don't forget things like your personality, intelligence and talents. We all have things were self-conscious about, but who has time to sit and dwell on negativity? Instead focus on the things you like about yourself. There's so much more to you than your teeth girly! Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!
So, I need braces. Some of my teeth are twisted, and there's a gap between my two front-top teeth and they're crooked. (the gap feels HUGE). I'm nearly 15, I've NEEDED braces since I was 8, and my parents can't afford them. I'm very embarrassed, and when I laugh or smile, I feel that I have to cover my teeth. Is there anything I can do to "boost" my self and make me feel better? Thanks a ton, Ruby<3 Lynae P.

by rubie on 1/18/2012 5:05:47 PM

My dad's dentist wanted him to get his wisdom teeth out because "it might cause problems 20 years from now.'' 20 years later there's no problems

by 12coco on 1/16/2012 5:19:37 PM

Don't be scared to get your wisdom teeth out! I'm 12 and got mine out (which is rare for a 12 year old to have them because your wisdom teeth will grow when you're around 17 and up). I had them removed a month ago and it didn't hurt at all! If they think you will have complications, they send you the to hospital to get them out. The chance of you dying is like 1 in a million. Besides, this procedure is preformed around 25,000 times a week or so in America!

by natsaysrawr on 1/16/2012 10:34:25 AM

im 13 and i have braces, both of my sisters had their Wisdom Teeth taken out and I'm scared i might also have to get my taken out!

by DDMM4EVA on 1/15/2012 10:28:20 AM

OMG. That really scares me b/c I might have to get my wisdom teeth! NOW, I'm really scared! :/

by katv2114 on 1/12/2012 9:24:31 PM

Mod mod!
I'm scared! I have to get Dental surgery, because my tooth will not come in. Well I have a consultation with the oral surgeon on wendsday and my orthodontist said that they are going to nock me out... I'm guessing he means give me anestisia well, I don't think that I have even been given anestisia before, so what's it like? And I have asthma so will the anistisia have any effect on that? I'm really scared because what they are gonna have to do is cut my gum attach something to the tooth then attach that to a chain then attach the chain to the wire in my braces...... I'm really scared! Please help!

Hey girl,

I recently got my wisdom teeth out, so I can totally understand what you're feeling! It's scary and way nerve-wracking...but it's something that has to be done to keep you healthy. To answer your first question, anesthesia sort of feels like taking a nap. They'll probably hook you up to an IV with a needle (I know, it sounds scary but it takes two seconds) and put some medicine in there...and then you'll get a little sleepy and before you know it, you'll be waking up in recovery. The whole process is seriously that easy! When you wake up, you'll feel tired and groggy so you'll probably want to sleep the rest of the day when you get home. Write a list of questions before your consultation (will anesthesia make me feel weird, will my asthma be a problem, what can I eat after surgery, etc.) to make sure you have everything covered before your surgery. It's normal to be nervous - it's not like we casually go in for dental surgery every day! But you will be FINE. This sounds like a routine surgery that they do all the time, so trust them when you ask questions and know they'll take care of you. And you'll be so glad to have this tooth sorted out!
Lauren C.

by Girlzrock123 on 1/8/2012 1:39:29 AM

I Just got my appendix out which is even MORE risky. i was under anosthesia for more than an hour and im fine! my brother just got 3 of his wisdom teeth out and hes fine too! its really nothing to worry about Smile

by k4ndyk4ne3 on 1/7/2012 9:56:38 AM

MOD
I have a really big issue! I think I might be pregnant and I'm only 15...But the problem is, I have no recollection at all of ever losing my virginity! I haven't had my period in a few months, my breasts were tender about a month ago, and recently I've been waking up feeling really dizzy and not good, but it disappears by the afternoon. Tong Is there a disease that mimics pregnancy or what? help Tong

Im fairly certain youre not pregnant. Periods are often very unpredictable and it may take some time to become normal. I would talk to your doctor about being dizzy and your period but i wouldnt stress it. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by fastbutterflyer on 1/1/2012 5:11:30 PM

I am going to need to... And well you'll kind of have more probs if you need them out but don't get em out then if you do... Cuz its guaranteed probs if you dont get em out

by hermione&ron on 1/1/2012 11:23:08 AM