3 HOURS AGO Can we get a "yas" for this surfing pig? http://t.co/NKdXo1fHEB

6 HOURS AGO Listening to @BeaMiller #youngblood and wishing it was live like yesterday! #glfashbash

6 HOURS AGO Stripes, polka dots, or floral?! Find your perf print match here: http://t.co/lM41ZdRSJ6

COMMENTS

Removing your wisdom teeth might not be a smart move

After two teens died during or after surgery, doctors are questioning the importance of this right-of-passage…

MOOOOOOOOOOD
I sweat a lot. There are always big sweat stains on my shirt by the end of the day. How can I stop sweating so much. It's making me very insecure usually I'm very confident. Pllleeeeaaasssseee help.

Hey girlie,

Try keeping a stick of deodorant in your locker at school! Sneak it into a purse or pocket, then touch up throughout the day. You could also try a clinical strength deodorant, which is designed for people who sweat more and need more protection. If that doesn't do the trick, ask your doc! Smile
Lauren C.

by Kui on 12/31/2011 9:03:41 PM

I just got mine out a few days ago, and it's not as bad as this article states! Like all surgeries, there are risks, but during my consultation they made it perfectly clear that if anything bad happened, it won't be forever. (aka, bruised nerve with 4 month healing process. punctured sinus with 3 week healing process... etc) And I had no choice but to get them out, I'm 15 and all four were fully impacted already. I could feel the pressure from them against my other teeth several days before I got them out, and it hurt. SO it was preventing future problems, and problems I was having.
And the surgery itself is not scary at all! If you're like me, they'll give you gas first to keep you relaxed (mixed with tons of oxygen) and give you an IV and in less than an hour, you're waking up. All done.
So, for all those girlies who are scared, it's not bad at all! All you have to worry about is what kind of ice cream you get afterward. Smile

by ally-oop on 12/29/2011 4:43:52 PM

Well thank y'all for getting us all scared :S

by §♥greyson_chance♥§ on 12/23/2011 10:33:03 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! I weigh more than almost all of my friends, and I don't get it. We look exactly the same! My mom says it's because I am more muscular from all the excersizing I do, but I'm not sure. Why do I weigh more than my friends who are the same size as me?

Hey girlfriend, every girl's bod is different. It's the same reason someone can be the same age, height and weight and look worlds apart. It's really just a genetics thing, but no worries you sound perfectly healthy. I'm sure you look great girl. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by abm25 on 12/23/2011 2:42:42 PM

haha. i handed over my apendix before i even hit 11

by iluvjb12 on 12/22/2011 5:40:04 PM

I have a question... I haven't been on for a while, but why did you remove the my bod section?? Thanks!

Hey girl,

Don't worry - we didn't remove it! We just moved it somewhere where it makes more sense - the "Health & Fitness" section! Click here to zoom right over there Smile
Lauren C.

by emilee571 on 12/22/2011 5:03:21 PM

I got my wisdom teeth out a year and a half ago. I was terrified; I didn't know how great the chance was of having complications, but I thought the anesthesia might kill me. Obviously, I was fine, and it was a good thing for me that I got them out, because otherwise, the roots of my wisdom teeth would've strangled some of my nerves. Like any surgery, there are risks involved, but for me, it paid off.

by WritingChic on 12/22/2011 1:05:58 PM

Okay listen, I had all of my severely impacted wisdom teeth taken out over the summer and I'm fine. It's nothing to be worried about, trust me. Don't worry about what they're saying about lack of oxygen, I have asthma and they put me under and I came out perfectly healthy Smile

by irish514 on 12/20/2011 7:00:16 PM

I am really scared now because I just had mine extracted recently!!!!

by noodles88 on 12/20/2011 4:26:07 PM

Oh God, I am really scared now because I just had mine taken out recently.

by noodles88 on 12/20/2011 4:24:47 PM