AN HOUR AGO Sneak a peek at your future in this week's horoscopes: http://t.co/9XlQA9FGQg

2 HOURS AGO Celebs aren't the only ones who can get away with tights and shorts: http://t.co/MGug4WMOI1

3 HOURS AGO Need a mood booster? Here's 10 to help you get your smile on: http://t.co/U5e6lYC5Rv

COMMENTS

Removing your wisdom teeth might not be a smart move

After two teens died during or after surgery, doctors are questioning the importance of this right-of-passage…

EEK i definetely dont want my wisdom teeth taken out after reading this scary :-/

one more thing ive been dating this really nice guy at my school for a while and lately hes been acting a lot dif like not as happy he seems pretty upset i know he doesnt have the best life at home i really want to help him what should i do?

by Monkeygirl2011 on 12/20/2011 1:33:40 PM

I got my appendices out when I was 6 because I had appendicitis.

by Cutesweetie2017 on 12/20/2011 8:46:49 AM

Great. I have to get mine removed TOMORROW.

by christineah111 on 12/19/2011 6:24:43 PM

:O My friend is having his taken out today! I hope he is okay!!!!!!!!!!

by lpulley on 12/19/2011 5:15:26 PM

Of course, with any surgery, you have a (very low) percentage of malpractice. Meghan D.

by Browniej12 on 12/19/2011 12:37:02 PM

Are you people serious with this? I totally agree with @lockettte221.. this is definitely something that should NOT have been posted. I had my wisdom teeth pulled in October and was perfectly fine. In this article you say that the anesthesia caused all of the complications. Sounds to me like this a problem with the anesthesiologist not doing their job correctly.. Wisdom teeth have nothing to do with this. All you are doing is scaring girls who have to have surgery. You are scaring people such as @geniuschick123, who now claims that she does not want to have her wisdom teeth pulled. Most of these girls will have to have their wisdom teeth pulled at some point in their life, and whenever their dentist or orthodontist tells them that, they will remember this article and be absolutely terrified. Way to go Girls Life, you have now scared thousands of girls. Good job.

by graciegurl on 12/18/2011 5:55:12 PM

GirlsLife, I think its really inconsiderate that you would tell girls this. These are only 2 people out of millions. Think of the other problems you could potentially have if not removed, such as cancer, cavities, nerve damage, or problems with the lips or mouth, and the pain of them growing in. Wisdom teeth surgery may be uncomfortable, even dangerous, but it is certainly "a smart move".

by lockettte221 on 12/17/2011 9:55:40 PM

Cool. Now if my dentist ties to put their hands in my mouth for this I'll bite them until they get out.

by Liv*laff*luv on 12/17/2011 8:34:15 PM

My dentist/orthodontist person hasn't mentioned anything about taking mine out, but I'm assuming they're eventually going to bring it up. I now have all the reasons that I need to NOT have them taken out. Hello! Only 12% actually have problems?? Um, no thank you.

by geniuschick123 on 12/17/2011 5:36:14 PM

about the whole 12% thing...yeah when i was 3 i had my appendictis almost burst inside me and i almost died...guess im part of that 12%...:'''''''''''''''''''''(
*plus i have a really small mouth and have already needed extractions in the front...hope i dont die when i get my wisdom teeth out in a couple years!!!!!!!!!!!:'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(

by hockeygirl1999 on 12/17/2011 5:16:09 PM