8 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

12 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

13 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

Removing your wisdom teeth might not be a smart move

After two teens died during or after surgery, doctors are questioning the importance of this right-of-passage…

I will never have surgery ever again! I know someone that had surgery and the anethesia didn't work all the way. She was awake the whole time and couldn't move and tell the doctor she could feel it. I don't wanna chance it.....

by jellybean1998 on 12/17/2011 4:50:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD !
I just got my eyebrows and my lip waxed and its really red! I have a date in two hours! What can I do to make the redness go away?! HELP!
-Jordan

Hey girl, try on some moisturizing lotion. That will help a lot. The redness takes an hour or so to go away. I think by two hours, you'll be fine! If you have cover up, you could put a little on. That might help a bit too. Don't worry! =]
lauren r.

by gymnastics172 on 12/17/2011 2:33:36 PM

I'm missing 8 adult teeth, including my wisdom teeth... so no worries!

by thecupcakequeen on 12/17/2011 11:20:46 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I came on here to see if you had any words of advise for getting wisdom teeth out.... Not even kidding I've been looking up stuff then I thought to myself maybe gl has some words of advise. To my surprise I saw a story about wisdom teeth on the front page... Sorry but you made me more freaked out about getting them out!!!!! I'm 14 in 8th grade and getting my wisdom teeth plus another tooth out on Tuesday. Frown ahhhhh. My tummy is twisting and turning now! Do you have any advice?

Hey girl,

People get their wisdom teeth out all the time, and most of them are fine. These cases are rare (but scary)! If you and your parents trust the doctor you're going to, you will probably be fine, but there is a chance (as with any procedure) of harm. Talk to your mom and doc about your fear -- you're probably not the first one to be scared, and they'll have answers to the technical questions of the surgery risks.

Meghan D.

by MakeItOrBreakIt:)) on 12/17/2011 9:48:20 AM

Not after this I probably wont!!!!!! I'm so freaked out now!!!!

by winzers22 on 12/16/2011 11:56:12 PM

I get what everyone is saying, that the chances of this happening to you are slim. But is the risk of death worth it?

Join my club, 'Orchestra Nerds and Band Geeks.' It's a loose and fun club where we talk about anything and everything- But especially music Smile Go to my profile to join! svds

by svds on 12/16/2011 10:10:42 PM

MODS!
this is my 3rd times posting this but is a ten step workout routine that lasts between 30-45 minutes a day a good workout? i do it 6 days a week. i am also eating healthier and less. i want to be able to wear a bikini by summer and that means losing about 15 pounds. is this workout good or bad? will it be effective at losing weight or just keep me the same way i am now?

Hey girlie,

It's definitely good to get moving for 45 minutes a day! By doing it in multiple steps, you keep things interesting and mix it up. As long as you have fun, it'll be a great plan! You'll burn calories and will probably get toned, but try not to be disappointed if you don't lose lots of weight. Just focus on being as healthy as possible - the confidence in your bod will come with time! <3
Lauren C.

by bubbles3956 on 12/16/2011 9:59:03 PM

I do realize this should be a caution, but I've never had a wisdom tooth, but seriously, people have wisdom teeth out ALL the time! Don't freak out girls..don't freak out if you have to have a wisdom teeth out...I bet you'll be fine! But I do pray for April's family and the other girl's family...such a tradegy Frown

by MusicTaughtMeHowToLive on 12/16/2011 9:27:29 PM

I really don't want to get my wisdom teeth pulled, but I probably wil... Frown

by caligirl99 on 12/16/2011 8:31:25 PM

Is this article designed to frighten us? I had mine removed a few months ago...and nearly everyone I know will have them removed. A majority of complications are not directly due to extraction of the teeth, but rather poor care afterwards. The fact is wisdom teeth removal is usually a smart choice...Brushing the back teeth thoroughly is already difficult, imagine more teeth back there. If extraction is recommended look into it, and get MANY opinions. As long as you trust the oral surgery center you intend to use and go in confident all should be well. The worst thing you could do is panic before going into surgery. Take it easy and if something strange goes on afterwards tell someone! Follow instruction to care for your mouth and you will avoid most of the complications completely. Let's try not to scare readers...simply keep them informed.

by amberd1016 on 12/16/2011 8:04:00 PM