3 MINUTES AGO Win this prettifying palette! We’re loving #BYBB makeup—& it’s all free of harsh chemicals:

AN HOUR AGO #GIVEAWAY: 2 tote their computers in a Galway Voyager laptop bag from @EsperosBags:

13 HOURS AGO Who else is *so* ready for #Thanksgiving tomorrow? This is a sneak peek of us in like fourteen hours:

Removing your wisdom teeth might not be a smart move

After two teens died during or after surgery, doctors are questioning the importance of this right-of-passage…

Seriously, I completely agree. It really isn't the SAFEST thing to do. Why do something when you don't have to? I have braces, and my orthodontist said that I wouldn't have to have my wisdom teeth out because it wasn't a big problem.

by Catalyn on 12/16/2011 7:30:11 PM

My brother got his out 2 years ago. He's fine. Last year I had to have 5 teeth removed while under anesthesia, one of which was a wisdom tooth. I don't think it's the teeth that are to blame, I think it's the anesthesia. Because honestly, I had to have that tooth taken out or else my 12-year molar wouldn't have been able to come in. 11,000 out of 5 million is only 22%. So 78% are fine, and the rest have mostly minor complications. Why don't we find out the statistic of dying under/right after anesthesia, and then compare that to the number of people who need it for other types of surgeries. Because let's face it, without the risk of anesthesia, some people would die anyway, and I'm not just talking about teeth here.

by French Toast on 12/16/2011 7:03:19 PM

Ok so listen up chicas. So what if 2 people died. like they said millions of people get them out and are just fine. the 'problems' the talk about aren't necisary life threatening...just uncomfortable. My cousin just got hers out and was just fine. Both my parents got them out like 30 years ago. If they had thiers out safely even without the modern technology then you can too. don't be afraid. you'll all be fine. Smile

by swimmerchic96 on 12/16/2011 6:58:31 PM

@HappySunshine when they remove your wisdom teeth they don't just pull them. The actually dig in the gum and break them to bits and then remove them

by cittycat1998 on 12/16/2011 6:29:04 PM

You forgot to mention the chance of having problems. 11,000 a year? there are hundreds in a day. You don't even have to be under anistesia

by cittycat1998 on 12/16/2011 6:27:44 PM

@smilysevvie you dont have a choice if they come out or not. it depends on how they grow in and if there is room in your mouth.

by catlover26 on 12/16/2011 4:50:06 PM

i got my wisdom teeth out last summer and i went under anethesia but my teeth we going to start moving if they didnt come out. also you don't yave to be put to sleep they can numb you mouth.

by catlover26 on 12/16/2011 4:46:34 PM

This is just to scare you, I got my wisdom teeth extracted a week ago and I'm perfectly fine. These are just rare occurrences guys...

by AnimeLover-x on 12/16/2011 4:34:56 PM

My older sister actually just got hers taken out this morning! So this sorta freaks me out, but she is fine right now. And my other older sister had hers taken two years ago and is fine. I think if you already had braces, wisdom teeth can mess up your new, perfect smile. So, you should get them taken out!

by trina553 on 12/16/2011 4:28:54 PM

Oh, and I'll be able to call myself wise, too. ;)

by smileysevvie on 12/16/2011 4:18:55 PM

Coconut water or chocolate milk after a hard workout are great choices to help rebuild muscle.

Thong underwear is bad for your health.

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!