9 HOURS AGO What to do when you have a cyber crush: http://t.co/WYtcyoAlTG

9 HOURS AGO RT @BronteASpida: Had so much fun 2Day best day of my summer @girlslifemag #FashionBash2014

12 HOURS AGO What kind of guy should you go for? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/OHtk0RLtVR

COMMENTS

Rock your half-day

Don’t let that glorious, do-nothing day go to waste!

Okay, so Report cards are coming out and I have A C and I told my mom and she got SOO Angry And I told her its a passing grade.. Iam really mad at myself for getting that What should I do!? Please Help Answer back ASAP!

Hey girlie, there's nothing you can do about the C now, but you can work harder to make sure that it doesn't happen again. Keep up with your school work and study hard to keep your grades up from now on.

Lauren T.

by doglover463 on 1/16/2013 8:44:44 PM

So I'm auditioning for my school play, Mulan in a couple of weeks, and I REALLY want Mulan. Everybody tells me i'm a good singer, but there's this other girl who's also really good and a lot of times judges favor her over me, and I want to like, compete against her, but she's my best friend. So if I tell I her I want to beat her out- that's awkward. Please help!Do you also have any tips to extend your high notes, because I have to sing Reflection, and the notes aren't where her's are.
- Glitzy

Hey girlie, just keep practicing! If she asks what you're auditioning for be honest and tell her. A little friendly competition is a good thing.

Lauren T.

by glittercupcakes76 on 1/9/2013 6:40:38 PM

I really dhdhcghc

by SoccerGrl 13 on 1/4/2013 2:09:33 AM

We didn't get a half day Frown

by genieinabottle on 12/29/2012 2:13:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Please answer ASAP!! I have no idea what to get my best friend for Christmas!! I know her extremely well and I still have no idea. She told me she found the perfect present for me and it came in the mail, and I feel like mine needs to be perfect too! I checked out other articles but they aren't helping! She likes soccer (but idk what I would get her that she would like for soccer). She isn't into any specific musicians and wouldn't want clothes. I was going to give her an infinity necklace to kinda symbolize that we'll always be best friends (she might move & I might go to a different high school) no matter what and then a cute phone case plus an EOS chapstick (she wanted one). Do you think that's enough? What else could i get her that she would definitely like? thank you!

wow, I think that's plenty! that sounds like a really nice gift, I love it. You could also get her a pair of earrings if ya wanted.

xoxo

Katie L.

by thatsnotawkward on 12/19/2012 4:38:38 PM

I dont get out until the 21st and I dont even have a half day. Plus i'm moving on that day so my home is filled with boxes!

by Glitterheart16 on 12/18/2012 11:45:33 PM

@edward1999 no... it started on the 8th and ended on the 16th....

by txtingirl on 12/18/2012 9:33:49 PM

Never mind, didn't realize this was posted last year... That's embaressing please don't post that or this comment. Thx

by Fierymindedgal<3 on 12/18/2012 8:16:45 PM

i get of the 21st but in of for i whole 2 weeks

by welshcorgi on 12/18/2012 8:13:36 PM

My dad yells a lot. It is getting stressful for my mom, I can tell. My sister ends up crying almost every night because my dad will yell at her for something. It is just so sad to look at all this. I don't want my parents to split or my sister, 9, to do anything bad because she may be depressed. I have tried talking to my dad about his yelling and how it doesn't help, but sometimes he claims he doesn't yell or that it was "needed" because someone wasn't doing what they were supposed to. I go to college in four years, I'm a freshman now, and I don't want my sister to have to go through with all this yelling. When ever I talk to my sister she will stop crying but still. I'm scared that when I am gone I won't be able to talk to her as much and that she may become depressed. I'm just so worried and have no idea what to do or if there is anything I can do. Please help? thanks

Just be there for your sister. You're doing amazing so far and once you go to college you should text her and skype her. As long as she has you she'll be ok. As or your dad try to keep talking to him about it. Maybe talk to your mom too to see what she thinks you should do. Maybe some family counseling would help with the yelling and would get you guys on the right track. Just keep up communication and don't give up. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by ljbdaisy on 12/18/2012 7:42:22 PM

My half day was spent with my mom shopping. I wish I could of have some friends come along. My mom goes to different stores than I like, I like some but not all.

by fashionqn on 12/18/2012 6:23:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
so i like this guy. in this i will call him evan. i dont think he likes me back though. he is best friends with my BGF (i will call him trevor) plus he is my friend too and.... to be honest, they both are "lame". i feel awful saying that, but they aren't popular or have many friends. so i thougght "we" might have a chance until trevor evan and i were at a football game and he left the bleachers. i asked trevor what was going on and he said he was meeting up with a girl named amber. i asked trevor if evan liked her and he said no he is just desperate. amber didnt show and now i barely talk to evan now. i just dont know what to do.

hey Girl, if you like this guy, go for it. Who cares what anybody else thinks?

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by directioner16 on 12/18/2012 4:34:11 PM

I hate that i go to one of the couple schools that don't have a half day :/

by niccer13 on 12/18/2012 4:20:50 PM

YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GET OFF FOR BREAK ON THE 21ST! I DONT EVEN HAVE A HALF DAY AND I
ONLY HAVE 10 DAYS OFF!!!!!!! Fairfax County Public Schools are mean Frown

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 12/18/2012 4:13:47 PM

All of y'all that are out are so lucky. We still have this week, and so many freakin finals. At least we'd, thurs, and Friday are half days. But we won't be doing these. Yay. :/

by Foodiejr99 on 12/18/2012 7:39:57 AM

Hey katv2114, I think you fainted because you were nervous. Try applying some eye makeup again and get your mom to help. If you feel yourself getting anxious, breathe and try to calm down. I'm sure you'll be okay this second time around. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

MOD. MOD. MOD.
So this is sorta weird b/c I think I'm the only girl in the world that won't wear make-up.. I'm 13 and I guess like everyone else I wanted to try mascara for the first time, but the only problem was, was that I was always scared of mascara and eye liner b/c I didn't want to poke my eyes while putting it on. So when I finally decided to put mascara on, my mom started to put some on my lashes. My eyes started to water immediately and before I knew it, I had fainted. Now, I feel like I shouldn't wear make-up b/c I'm too scared. I can wear lipstick and stuff but I just can't do make-up with the eye. I don't know what to do. All my friends wear mascara and eye liner but me and I just don't know what to do. My mom and I are also wondering why I had fainted. For some reason, I think it was b/c I was too nervous but I honestly really don't know. Lynae P.

by katv2114 on 1/4/2012 6:28:17 PM

For the Christmas holiday's at my school we get to watch a G rated movie wwhich is sad if you knew my age(It's not young FYI but I'm NOT in college or anything but I can watch pg-13 but not rated R) And then we do this door decorating thing that you geta special prize for if you win but then they always give the whole school the prize and my class won this year so it's unfair

by volleyballlovergirlie on 12/21/2011 6:47:48 PM

I don't have a half day tomorow, but we're watching movies and playing games and doing activities and stuff. It will be SOOOOOOOOOOO fun!

by miaboo123 on 12/21/2011 4:40:50 PM

Hey, so i like this guy and he likes me back, but we don't hang out at all because his parents wont let us hang out (hes a 9th grader, im in 8th). but he calls me beautiful and says he loves me, but then we almost never talk. It hurts when i send him a message and then he never answers and i want to hang out with him so badly. We were planning on dating when i get to highschool, but that is so far away.
now there is this other guy who is like one of my best guy friends and i think i might sorta like him. and i think he might like me because he was hanging out with me at this church thing and he put up with my brother when he could've just left.
What should i do? should i break things off with the first guy until highschool? or what? Please help, im so confused.
Thanks and sorry for the length Smile

Hey girl,

Whoa, he says he loves you but you haven't even hung out yet? I'd be careful about him wanting to move so fast! If you want to hang out, try talking to your parents about hanging out with him in a group with other friends so it won't be just the two of you. If your parents are set on not letting you date until high school, enjoy the freedom you have now and focus on your friends and family. And if you want to hang out with the other guy until then, go for it!

Meghan D.

by pottergirl135 on 12/21/2011 8:23:27 AM

Dang Frown My half day was last week...or else i would have done these, haha!! But they're good ideas!!!

by glitterz4454 on 12/21/2011 1:51:49 AM

it's awesome we have this thing called scoop day were kids can pick from all these different activities, so we have no classes just games all day

by luve2cheer on 12/20/2011 8:42:05 PM

@ alkrox17

the teachers at my school decorate their doors for the holidays and the vice principal put a picture of the Grinch on his office door. it was pretty funny cuz he's mean, too. =D

by the_last_ninja on 12/20/2011 7:55:41 PM

I love getting in the Christmas spirit.

by svds on 12/20/2011 7:18:42 PM

All of the people who got out of school on the 16th I envy. The people who fet out on the 23rd I feel bad for. I get out on the 22th(my crush's b-day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) at 11:00 but I go to a Catholic school so we also have mass on Thursday and then we have our 7th grade Christmas party (totally boring) an then we have the National Geographic Geography Bee( which I'm part of) where the 6th, 7th, and 8th graders have to go against each other for the chance to go to take a test to possible go to state. Which could possibly be fun. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

by HungerGamesRox99 on 12/20/2011 7:04:59 PM

Great tips. Too bad I'm home-schooled! :-(

by Malgal22 on 12/20/2011 6:50:28 PM

We call our assistant principal "The Grinch" cause she's so mean. What a killjoy. Tong

by alkrox17 on 12/20/2011 6:14:48 PM

Hey girlies! Join this club DIY queens. It's fun and for all of those creative gals out there.

by da:DaeSHINES on 12/20/2011 5:59:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok, so tomorrow is a dress down day ( i go to a catholic school with uniforms ugh ikr) and idk wat 2 wear!!!! plz help me! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Wear something holiday inspired! If you celebrate christmas try a cute red top with some sparkles. Maybe a sequin top with a cute black skirt? Mix it up and have fun! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by dancer8608 on 12/20/2011 5:50:15 PM

I'm kinda into the whole Christmas planing thing here's how I'm planning out Christmas-

1-We get to open prezzies! So excited! My little bro has 2 more then me so he gets to open his first! The rule this year is no waking up before 8:30 and I keep adding on half an hours it started off as 6:30 LOL! But we have to open Santa stuff first

2- For break-fast where having eggs and bacon my fav!

3-After break-fast we get to you know try-on/play(My littlee bro) with our prezzies!! Which is fun!

4-For lunch where going to have Chicken-Bacon-Ranch Wraps so good!! Smile Yum Yum!

5- Where going to War Hourse too chosen by ME!! We'll prob eat super at the theater too! It's gunna be awesome!

6- Then we watch T.V. until 12:00 P.M. when Christmas is dome!

(We spend time with dad's family Christmas eve and moms family we see in January)

by volleyballlovergirlie on 12/20/2011 5:39:14 PM

I only have school until Wednesday this week, and all three days I get out of school before lunch!

by jennntheswimmer on 12/20/2011 5:34:27 PM

well i go to acatholic school and elementry gets out thursday and high school and middle school friday the day befor christmas eve

by millia7 on 12/20/2011 5:10:49 PM

We didn't get a half day but we got out on Friday the 16th!

by softballgurl37 on 12/20/2011 4:37:23 PM

We had our half day on Friday! Smile yay!

by kaylarocks2000 on 12/20/2011 4:17:53 PM

hah we don't have any half-days this week. but my brother gets a whole day and a half off this week!! can you believe it??

by flutechick101 on 12/20/2011 4:12:01 PM

I wish Friday was a half day! Haha this week is so hard and endless...is it seriously only Tuesday?! :'(

by maggie183 on 12/20/2011 3:53:03 PM

Ha! I wish this week was fun. I have six tests and two project due this week. Plus a load of homework over break. 😝

by Melanie d. on 12/20/2011 3:18:30 PM

This would be great...if I actually HAD a half day of school. I'm in school all day on the 23rd because it's a Friday. And we have to go back on January 2nd, just one day after New Years, because it's a Monday. No half days for my school district. Frown

by HogwartsStudent on 12/20/2011 2:52:47 PM

Friday was my last day, and it wasn't a half day.....

by jackieluvz on 12/20/2011 1:59:08 PM

**********ATTENTION**********

Are you a fan of The Walking Dead? If you are then join The Walking Dead Fan Club!!!!!!!!!! Where we talk about the show and even the books Laughing

by Princess Keziyah on 12/20/2011 12:59:49 PM

@edward199 she's prob Jewish so she calls it Hanukkah break. or the teachers call it that. alot of schools call the breaks what holiday is most prevalent in that school. so, Hanukkah break, Christmas break, Kwanzaa break, Winter break, Holiday break, etc

by soccerlover99 on 12/20/2011 12:35:30 PM

i needed this last friday. thats when my break started. and we didnt have a half day.

by soccerlover99 on 12/20/2011 12:33:31 PM

@chorlotte12sky4 hanukkah starts on the 20th though

by edward199 on 12/20/2011 12:06:34 PM

I'm on Christmas break right now!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 12/20/2011 12:05:44 PM

same

by Pinklife on 12/20/2011 11:30:54 AM

I was already on Hanukkah break on the 16th

by Charlotte12sky4 on 12/20/2011 11:29:32 AM

I'm already on Christmas break.

by Cutesweetie2017 on 12/20/2011 10:38:55 AM