1 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

2 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

3 HOURS AGO 5 fab beauty uses for tea tree oil: http://t.co/IFbME5OIxt

COMMENTS

Who's your Person of the Year?

Time has revealed their pick. But we wanna know who gets your vote…

Celeb: Taylor Swift
Non-celeb: My mommy Smile

by hitthemall#1 on 4/12/2012 5:42:24 PM

Mia Hamm. She is such an amazing soccer player!

by swearias on 2/11/2012 10:10:32 PM

Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, my BFF Abby, Steven Tyler, or one of our closest family friends, Frank Morse. He taught Steven Tyler how to water ski on Lake Sunapee in New Hampshire, Frank has been almost like a grandfather to me, even though he died a couple years ago, he has been a HUGE impact on my life R.I.P. Frank Morse Smile I think 'bout you every day, Frank Smile

by girlscupcakespitbulls on 2/1/2012 7:57:36 PM

My bestie Olivia. She is very sweet, kind, and funny. She gives me advice when I need it and she helps me with life. Me and her share the same interests. We share secrets and I trust and love her a lot. ;)

by wildstar19 on 1/30/2012 6:53:37 PM

I totally love Time Magazine's choice and my choice for person of the year is quite similar: The Activist. They can be someone who joins their school's GSA,someone who stops a bully in their tracks,someone who protests,etc. The Activist is someone who stands up and is active for what they believe in-no matter what,and I love that. The only activists I don't like are people who are actively against things like gay rights,choice and equality.

by veggiegirl999 on 1/28/2012 3:53:31 AM

T Swizzles! Taylor swift is TOTALLY the person of the year. I mean, she is SUCH an inspiration. Writes her own songs, smart, absolutely GORGEUS. you live, she sings it. She's the bestSmile

by Madkitty99 on 1/24/2012 8:36:11 PM

Even though the Packers lost to the Giants, I still think Aaron Rodgers is the person of the year!!!

by Gabriella123 on 1/21/2012 8:02:44 PM

DREW BREE'S all the way! Love you! And of course, Taylor swift, Selena Gomez, family and friends, and Occupy Wall Stret protesters! Love y'all! Stay strong! Don't let stupid policeman stop you! Plz. I'm begging you. Y'all have inspired me. Love y'all!

by Charlotte12sky4 on 1/20/2012 6:42:05 PM

My crush and BGF he's always there for me and hes so sweet like today i was sad about something so i said i need a hug so he sent me a text that said virtual hug. Plus i am really self concious and i was talking about my how i hate my acne & size and he texted me stop it no 1 sees and if they do their loss

by dinodino<3 on 1/20/2012 5:42:31 PM

Bethany Hamilton.
She became a pro surfer, with only one arm. I love her dedication to God, and to her dream. She gives me courage. (: <3 you Bethany!!

by Doggie!Ruff~ on 1/16/2012 7:49:20 PM

i definatly think Tim Tebow is the person of the year. i don't really care for football players, but Tim Tebow should be a hero to everyone. he is a wonderful christian example. Now that i wrote that, some one won't like it. my friend before a basket ball game his team will Tebow. they pray but they call it tebowing.

by Fritz on 1/16/2012 11:57:11 AM

I think Tim Tebow is the person of the year hands down!!!!

by beachbabe10 on 1/12/2012 6:38:12 PM

katy perry is my role model. i love her confidence (which i have almost none right now), determination, and "girl power"!!!!!!!

by soccacheer on 1/12/2012 6:14:14 PM

Andy Biersack!

by angelicjade on 1/7/2012 4:15:49 PM

DEMI LOVATO without a doubt

by snicker on 1/6/2012 11:29:57 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
My friend's crush has a twin. They are her best guy friends and they laugh together and everything but she only likes one of them as a crush. The problem is the other twin seems to be flirting with her. What shouls she do? Thanks!

Hey babe,

If she only likes one of them, his twin obviously isn't a substitute! She should try to talk to her crush one-on-one, without his twin around. She could do this by chatting online, texting, or catching him in a class that he has without his bro. That way, he can get to know her personally - and she can have a chance to flirt without hurting the other's feelings Smile
Lauren C.

by kayla9 on 1/5/2012 10:19:27 PM

Munro Chambers!!!!!!!!!

by DaffyNicoleAwesome on 1/5/2012 8:36:36 PM

Gabby Giffords of the GL nominees. she is so amazing surviving a bullet to the brain <3

by jo525 on 1/5/2012 7:37:53 PM

Emma Watson. She's adorable, talented, confident, fashionable, and nice. And she's not afraid to go out there with her hair. Can you believe that she's also going to college? And that she hasn't done drugs or anything? That's more than many stars can say.

by happydays!:-) on 1/5/2012 7:20:59 PM

I have several: my parents, my 2 best friends who are always there for me, Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber because they are a great inspiration!

by kayla9 on 1/5/2012 6:21:34 PM

Gabby Giffords of the Gl nominees. I still can't believe she survived a bullet to the brain. INSANE!!! She was asked the one word to describe her husband and she said brave. She is brave, too. So brave. She never lost hope and neither did her husband. True hero!
My hero is my mom. Love her to death!!!!!

by Doodle600 on 1/4/2012 11:32:20 PM

DUH taylor swift. or better yet the "next taylor swift" tay barton

by bubblerain on 1/4/2012 7:53:27 PM

Taylor Swift! Smile She is such an inspiration!

by Cra-Z-Brunette on 1/4/2012 5:18:56 PM

i think kate middletone because steve jobs invented the iphone and i can't have an iphone and idk who the other person is so yeah

KATE MIDDLETON

by star53 on 1/4/2012 4:12:24 PM

My best friend that moved to texas a few years ago with her mom and brother had her dad end up going to jail for a very LONG time. Now her mom is single and has two teenage kids to take care of. I personally think her mom is doing a great job at it. She was not only cheeted on but her husband went to jail so she has nobody else in the house that can help her pay for food and clothes for her and her two kids.BUt she is able to do it! That's why i think she would be a great person of the year. Just because she has gone through so much but has continued to stay strong, along with my best friend and her brother.

by LAS625 on 1/4/2012 12:13:52 PM

My friend Kalin. She was the one who helped me through 2011, and I honeastly don't think I could've made it through 2011 without her <3 Smile

by kaylarocks2000 on 1/3/2012 11:39:43 PM

id say taylor swift she is a great role model for anybody. she has been bullied but now, shes got tons of fame! listen to the lyrics in hers songs. they are very powerful.

by socestar8 on 1/3/2012 11:01:30 PM

Taylor Swift. She's gone through so much bullying and hurt, but she still got fame. Her lyrics mean powerful things. I <3 you Tay!!

by pandalover28 on 1/3/2012 8:29:17 PM

My vote would belong to my BFF. She has moved from Maine to Texas to Missouri and back to the same town in Maine. and that was all in the course of middle of November to now!
I don't know how she can do it!
Also my mom. She is carrying enough stress with the move we are going through plus she is working with two jobs at one company!
Bravo to the both of them!

by caseysister2001 on 1/3/2012 7:51:45 PM

Keira Knightley. She's like, "You know what? I have small boobs, but I'm still beautiful. I'm skinny, but I'm still healthy."

by -gogreengal- on 1/3/2012 6:12:45 PM

my mom. she got a job last year after being a stay at home mom since i was little. but she stepped up and helped my dad and is still homeschooling me and my sisters .

by butterflygirl14 on 1/3/2012 5:19:19 PM

kate middleton <3 shes had the stress of meeting the queen, getting married in front of the entire world, and now has to live up to the pressure of being the perfect princess.

lol, i portrayed her in drama (and got a 100 (: ) so i feel really strongly about her and what a good role model she is

by dancergirl73 on 1/3/2012 3:04:47 PM

My vote belongs to CODY SIMPSON!!!!!!! He was a small town boy (just like me!) and became famous over YouTube. It's the same as Justin Beiber but he already had his big year.

by styleaddict on 1/1/2012 11:10:51 PM

I agree with them the protester is totally the person of the year

by Girlygirl0906 on 1/1/2012 10:46:07 PM

Hey girls! I have a song to boost your confidence! It is called What makes you beautiful by One Direction

by cheekymonkey1 on 1/1/2012 9:12:39 PM

def Demi Lovato. She went through sooo much and got through it by herself. She knew she had a problem and wasn't ashamed to admit it because there was no point in lying about it. Her song Skyscraper is amazing!!

by cheekymonkey1 on 1/1/2012 9:11:34 PM

Demi Lovato! Such a strong girl and an amazing person. She is my greatest role model.

by demilovatofan249 on 1/1/2012 6:31:42 PM

steve jobs and gabby giffords

by unicornninja on 1/1/2012 6:30:56 PM

I already said Taylor Swift or Foster the People but also maybe Beyonce just because she rocks!!!

by kakes6416 on 1/1/2012 6:19:40 PM

I think mine would be probably my crush because I write songs and most of them are about him and he may be the one that helps me make it to Nashville, TN.

by DreamSinger on 1/1/2012 5:08:05 PM

I think mine would be Steve Jobs--he was incredibly smart and didn't care much about making money. I find that makes him an outstanding person!

R.I.P Steve Jobs <3333

by izzy99 on 1/1/2012 4:44:19 PM

My person of the year would be Demi Lovato. She made a huge comeback and is helping so many teenagers.

by volleyuup on 1/1/2012 12:29:32 PM

my friend ebony, shes always in a great mood. and since i only have 1st period pe with her it makes a great start to my day!

by fearless;) on 1/1/2012 11:04:48 AM

My bestfriend Chloe. She is such a great person and has really help me get thru 2011.

by Foodiejr99 on 1/1/2012 9:42:21 AM

I think the first winner should be all the people serving our country. They have given so much of their lives to others and they can finally come home! I also think the best person could be Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez or Justin Bieber. They all give so much of their money away to help others. They all try to give as much as they can and are great role models.

by quest6c on 1/1/2012 9:30:22 AM

Can I have People of the Year. Like, the entire Harry Potter cast? Next year it'll be the entire Hunger Games castSmileI'm Team Peeta. That way Katniss can be with her soul mate (idk what else to call it) AND I can have GaleSmile Josh will make a great Gale! He's so cute!

by dancerblue on 12/31/2011 10:22:43 PM

I would pck a teen or pre-teen who didn't just say they were gonna do something for the enviorment or the community, but did, and it went big!

by MaxRide15 on 12/31/2011 9:32:30 PM

My person of the year is definitely Austin Mahone. He has SKYROCKETED into growing fame over the past year. 2011 is definitely his year<3 Girlslife should consider writing an article about him he was already in Popstar magazine(; xoxo

by swimstarry on 12/31/2011 8:05:51 PM

I vote both the doctors of Las Robles Hospital and Ventura County Hospital, and my best friend Denise. For the past couple of months, and still now, my dad has been having some...medical "issues". The doctors are doing their best to help him, and I know he is getting better. While many people would be in an ackward position, my friend listens to me and comfortsme. I sometimes just want to talk to a friend about it. When I try talking to another friend, she just stands there. I know it makes sense why, so it makes Denise an amazing and special friend. Thaks, Denise! Smile

by e2000 on 12/31/2011 7:37:26 PM

I think it should be Lady Gaga. She expresses that people should be themselves and that you shouldn't care what other people think of you. She also is working on selling lipstick/gloss for Aids. I think she is truly inspirational and should be Person Of The Year.

by potterandthedoctor on 12/31/2011 7:19:25 PM

....probably betty white or lady gaga.....

by jessicalynn632 on 12/31/2011 6:37:09 PM

I say Misty Copeland. She is such an inspiring ballerina! She makes me feel that all beauty come in all different shapes and sizes, and that you're capable of doing ANYTHING if you set your mind to it. She's awesome and my role model I look up to everyday! Love you Misty!!!!!

Hey chica's, Come join my club A dancers dream....<3. It's a cool and chill club where we can just chat about ANYTHING! (especially dance) JOIN NOW!

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 12/31/2011 6:36:26 PM

Of course,I have to say my boyfriend,Matthew Lewis Wink Haha,JK,JK. But someone from Harry Potter for sure.

by iluvmusic♥ on 12/31/2011 6:18:19 PM

I will nominate someone that has dedicated her/his life for other´s lifes and that stands for what that person believes right, even though others say that that person is crazy and wrong. And I think that nominating an actor or singer is not correct, the person you should nominate should be someone that has worked hard and stands up to what she or he believes no matter others say, and that has acomplished something very important for humanity.

by maeugeniap on 12/31/2011 5:50:16 PM

Taylor Swift she donates 1000s of dollars of years!!!!!! TAY-LOR SWIFT! TAY-LOR SWIFT!

by KaylaLynn7 on 12/31/2011 5:21:39 PM

J.K. Rowling

by pinkboot8 on 12/31/2011 4:58:08 PM

I vote Jordan Witzigreuter from The Ready Set. His music has truly changed my point of view of the way i live my life. All of his songs are true and meaningful. The lyrics have all spoken to me more than any other band or singer's. Also he makes me want to strive and reach my goal to feel established and accomplished. He is one of the most hard working people i have ever seen and I definitely admire him 100% for all of his contribution and dedication to his fans. He is also a very positive role model whereas he doesn't drink, smoke, or do drugs as many other singers have in the past. Jordan has made The Ready Set a HUGE piece of my life this year, and that is why I think he should get my vote.

by phoebeloren00 on 12/31/2011 4:50:18 PM

I would pick Lebron James. He's done so much this year with the Boys and Girls Club of America to help kids have mentors and activities to be involved in and stay out of trouble. He's really inspirational.

by supersingershannon on 12/31/2011 4:27:55 PM

Gabrielle Giffords!

by peach13 on 12/31/2011 4:20:17 PM

taylor swift!!!

by coly33 on 12/31/2011 3:41:29 PM

my family, three besties, and taylor swift for sure. happy new year!!!

by dolphin trainer on 12/31/2011 3:02:01 PM

I vote Taylor swift, Selena Gomez, and most of all OCCUPY WALL STREET PROTESTERS!

by Charlotte12sky4 on 12/31/2011 2:44:03 PM

Well personally I love the choice Time picked! It makes sense, and is perfect for what's going on right now. Though honestly, I think Steve Jobs kind of deserved it. He worked as hard as he could even though he had cancer and knew he'd probably die from it. He himself accomplished amazing things for our society. Also on that note, I'm a bit impartial to maybe having J.K. Rowling be the Person of the Year. Let's face it: Harry Potter has affected everyone in this era in some way. There are five year olds and elderly people who love it, not just our generation. Rowling created this wonderful story that will follow us forever. People were crying after that last movie. But it's still not over. It's not an end of an era. The story of the boy who lived will continue, because, let's face it: Magic never ends.

by HogwartsStudent on 12/31/2011 2:36:57 PM

I vote for Andrej Pejic! He is such an inspiring person, and encourages people to be who want to be, and not care about the opinion of others. Also, referring to his modeling career, this year has really been a breakthrough for him!

by Mianorra on 12/31/2011 2:11:55 PM

Best
a)Demi Lovato
b)Gabby Giffords

Worst
a)Kim Kardashian
b)Kim Kardashian
c)Kim Kardashian

by soccerlover99 on 12/31/2011 2:11:15 PM

I would pick all the soldiers who fought so hard and sacrificed everything so our country and the rest of the world can be free and happy. I'm really grateful to them and I'm so glad to see all the soldiers coming home from Iraq. I mourn the losses of those who died in battle, and I have so much sympathy toward their families. I think these military heroes are by far more deserving of my pick for "Person of the Year" than any celebrity or politician will ever be.

by st8cfab on 12/31/2011 1:50:50 PM

Taylor Swift is my person of the year because she is an amazing singer and person and she actually cares about her fans and is a nice person.

by rainbowsparkle98 on 12/31/2011 1:42:12 PM

Absolutely Selena Gomez!! She had an amazing final year in wizards of eagerly place, stared in Monte Carlo, and had the most amazing concert tour ever!!!!

by Bedhead411 on 12/31/2011 1:41:55 PM

uhhhhhhhmmmmm... idk.... oh maybe Foster the People bbecause they've risen to the top of the music charts in record time, or maybe Taylor Swift because she is such an amazing person!!! One of those two Laughing

by kakes6416 on 12/31/2011 1:28:08 PM

I would choose Justin Bieber because he is caring, loyal, and all around amazing

by Schweetie2000 on 12/31/2011 1:14:59 PM

daniel radcliff, hermione granger..or anything harry potter!! the books were a big part in most kids childhoods... and i'll never get tired of them! long live the harry potter series!!

by opal angel on 12/31/2011 1:12:04 PM

J.K. Rowling.

The person who created the books that will always be loved.

by Smasheroo on 12/31/2011 1:06:51 PM

Daniel Radcliff or Emma Watson!! Smile

by ellie hills on 12/31/2011 12:57:01 PM

@biebermonkey- That's the reason why I love Justin Bieber so much. He's not self-centered or a brat like other stars are.

by clem10 on 12/31/2011 12:55:00 PM

I would choose Chris Colfer and Darren Criss Smile bc they help so many ppl be who they wanna be

by TeamAlice33 on 12/31/2011 12:52:48 PM

I vote Taylor Swift! She is such an inspiration to everyone!

by moosempepper on 12/31/2011 12:51:09 PM

Harry Potter!! Those books and movies defined an era, and their ending this year was one moment I will never forget. Love you, Harry, and I always will.

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 12/31/2011 12:46:11 PM

hmmm gotta say besties! can't live without them and it's always great knowing they're always there for u

by stars2010 on 12/31/2011 12:12:30 PM

I'd nominate Taylor Swift. She keeps getting better every year! Laughing

by da:DaeSHINES on 12/31/2011 12:01:33 PM

taylor swift! she is such an amazing person! Love you taylor! <3<3<3<3

by mngirl19 on 12/31/2011 11:50:55 AM

My Best friend shes been through everything with me this whole year and i couldnt ask for a better best friend!

by bribri2199 on 12/31/2011 11:39:43 AM

im not just saying this because he is my favorite artists but i think it should be Justin Bieber. Unlike some other stars, he is using his money to help little kids and he even has his own charity to raise money for them. i honestly think he is a great person and a great role model

by biebermonkey on 12/31/2011 11:18:32 AM

Taylor Swift is my person of the year. She is a great role model and her music and her personality is so pure. She is such a great person and is so honest and true to herself in every way. She even puts her home videos online so you can feel even more connected to the things that she does. She is the reason I play guitar, love music, and got my vote as person of the year.

by ltwait489 on 12/31/2011 11:16:47 AM

Girls Life Magazine... or Chris Colfer, or maybe a certain person who I knowwho wrote a novel this november... *hint hint*

by THawesome! on 12/31/2011 10:47:33 AM

I think Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is truly inspiring from her fast recovery and her willingness to not give up!

by fallsb-ball on 12/31/2011 10:46:05 AM

Taylor Swift! She is such an inspiration to all of her fans. She is an amazing roll model and a great musician and person. I've been a fan since the beginning and always will be. She is such a great person for people to look up to. With everything she has done this year, and all of the dirt thrown her way, I would say she is my person of the year. <3

by talster on 12/31/2011 10:45:38 AM

Adele or my cello teacher.

Join my club, 'Orchestra Nerds and Band Geeks.' it's a loose and fun club where we talk about anything and everything- But especially music Smile go to my profile to join!

by Svds on 12/31/2011 10:35:15 AM

Emma Watson is my hero, she is the perfect role model Smile

by dogs498rule on 12/31/2011 10:34:01 AM

My friends and family, because they are always there for me through thick and thin Smile

by sweetooth on 12/31/2011 10:33:51 AM

i'd say my two best friends! i was upset for the longest time thinking i had no friends when they started talkig to me and having me over and now i know that i have friends!

by legallyginger12345 on 12/31/2011 10:31:53 AM

Nope, my vote's still Justin Bieber

by clem10 on 12/31/2011 10:26:34 AM

My soccer coaches last summer. they taught us great moves and teamwork skills.

by kewauneegal on 12/31/2011 10:06:04 AM

My hero, Sidney Crosby. He's a Canadian hockey NHL player and the captin of the
Pittsburgh Penguins. He is from Nova Scotia, Canada just like me! He may be out right now due to a concussion but he's my hero and role model. Wayne Grezsky (the best hockey player ever,) called Sidney the next Wayne Grezsky!

by KateLig on 12/31/2011 9:13:17 AM

This is going to be a pretty long story: So there was this guy that I used to sit next to. We would talk the whole class period. I liked him, and everyone thought he liked me too. Well then we had a dance. At the dance, my friend asked him if he like me. He said "I'm not going to answer that". We haven't talked since. It's not like he ignores me, we just don't talk. What should I do? He still acts like he likes me and I still like him. I mean it's not l can just walk up to him and start talking to him.

Hey girl,

Why not just start talking to him? He may have been embarrassed to talk to your friend about his feelings for you, but he might open up more if you ask him yourself. The only way you'll find out if he likes you is to ask, but if you don't want to do that, just talk about what you used to talk about and rebuild that relationship, and see what happens!

Meghan D.

by eemmais on 12/31/2011 5:32:50 AM

My hero(s) would be my friends and family. They are always there for me. And when I have a problem they help me deal with it. I don't knoe what I would do without them. Or where I would be with out them.

by Mkdancer98 on 12/31/2011 5:00:35 AM

Definitely the man that was running for office, Herman Cain. There was a lot more to the story then what was let off to the media! He is truly a great person, and it's a shame he had to drop out of the race because he lost all his voters.

I also want to recognize the local people that volunteerism!

by Malgal22 on 12/31/2011 4:24:36 AM

Hands down, Chris Colfer

by leesakpizza on 12/31/2011 3:12:56 AM

I would say it's Demi Lavato. She's had some really tough years, but this year she came back with her new album and her wayy popular song, Skyscraper! When she came back, Skyscraper totally described what she was going through. I would def say that she's it. One other, the cast of Harry Potter! Talk about amazing. They have totes changed my life! I LOVE HARRY POTTER!(:

by wakeboardchick7 on 12/31/2011 1:07:48 AM

My hero, Andrew McMahon. He's the lead singer / songwriter of my favorite band, Jack's Mannequin, and a huge inspiration. He survived leukemia and was positive every step of the way, and he founded the Dear Jack foundation for young adults with cancer.

by rock-itpop on 12/31/2011 12:51:10 AM

My person of the year.... actually its two people! My two bffs! I <3 you them foreves!

by LittleRockstar on 12/31/2011 12:23:49 AM

Gabby! She is amazing! She's my representative, and I think that she is one of the most wonderful people alive!

by TeamPotter on 12/31/2011 12:21:25 AM