10 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

11 HOURS AGO Sporty style goes chic! Tell us your fave outfit to win!: @OfficialNFLShop http://t.co/sJQuKtqiBw

12 HOURS AGO Does playing hard to get really work out? We have the scoop: http://t.co/aDqcgy19Dr

COMMENTS

5 cute ways to wear your hair this winter

Inspired by our fave red-carpet tresses.

Never knew that I do the perky ponytail like nina everyday at skool! Now I found out! Laughing Smile :/

by Susmita24 on 9/16/2012 6:51:38 PM

MOD MOD ok so do you have any suggestions for people with sort of long thick and somewhat frizzy but not curly hair? THX!

Hey girlie,

Try the shine serum in this article to zap frizz, while practicing Blake's messy braidthe messy princess bun, or dressing things up with awesome accessories... all styles that are great for thick hair Smile
Lauren C.

by pokerface16 on 3/3/2012 9:29:36 PM

Mod Mod Mod! I have a semi tonight and I just realized that I'm not gunna have anywhere to put my phone. Does that mean I have to carry it all night or should I just put it in my bra? What do I do?

Hey girl,

Why not just bring a purse? If you don't want to carry a bag around all night, you could leave your phone with your jacket, carry it or even just leave it at home. Do you really need it at a dance anyway?

Meghan D.

by ladyinlike on 3/3/2012 10:42:41 AM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod
I really want to get the underside of my hair dyed but my mom will say no when I ask she won't even think about it how can I convince my mom of letting me get it dyed even just a little and how expensive is it to get the underside of my hair dyed plzzzzzz help ASAP

Hey girlie,

The price will vary at all salons - try walking to your local salon and asking for information, if you were to get it done. Then go to home to mom and talk it over. Tell her you know she's kinda against it because it's different and some people might think it looks weird, but that you really just want to try something new and think it could be fun. Explain what you want to do, then see if you can compromise. If she doesn't like getting it dyed an unnatural color, try asking for highlights, a simple streak, a dip-dye (so you can cut off the ends after a few weeks), or using a temporary color. Just be mature about it, stay calm, and tell her you want to compromise because you really want this, but you also want to respect her. <3 Give it a try!
Lauren C.

by Roxizzy on 2/16/2012 8:09:46 PM

mod
My hair gets greasy super quick(like a day or so after a shower)and I normally take a shower so it can look non-greasy. I want to buy dry shampoo but haven't got a chance to got to the store to buy any. Any tips?

Hey girl,

Certain types of hair gets greasy quickly - if your hair is thin, for example. But there are some ways to slow that process down! Try washing your hair with Aussie's Cleanse and Mend. One of my friends has oily hair and loves it! You should also avoid conditioning your scalp with conditioner - just apply it to the ends, because it can make your scalp greasy fast. Tresemme and Garnier make great shampoo/conditioner duos for oily hair too Smile
Lauren C.

by caitwon on 2/12/2012 5:20:44 AM

so last weekend i cut off ten inches of my hair and now to donate to locks of love. so now my hair is really short... like boy short. kind of a mix of a pixie cut and justin bieber hair. so i looove my new hairdo but i was just wondering is there anything you can do to make short hair look cute? without a lot of beauty products please. preferably without even straightening or curling. thanks!

Hey girl,

That's awesome that you donated your hair to Locks of Love, I'm sure the person who receives it will really appreciate it! Here's a post on fun short hair ideas! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/11/14/Bored-of-short-hair-Our-top-6-instant-fixes.aspx

Meghan D.

by yesnohellogoodbye on 2/11/2012 9:39:07 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
My hair is curly, and thick, but I straighten it. It barely touches my shoulders. I also don't have access to that many beauty products. (This means Shampoo, Conditioner, and MAYBE a gel). Are their any cute hairstyles out there for me?

Hey girl,

Check out these styles for thick hair - you'll get some tips on embracing those curls and making them look their best Smile If you straighten it though, you could try any of our hair styles to see if they could work. Who knows what you could come up with! Check out these links and test out some of the hairdos listed... practice makes perfect!

Lauren C.

by girltutu on 2/10/2012 11:43:34 PM

I love the Sel’s sultry curls, Nina’s perky pony, and Ashley’s sleek ‘n’ straight tresses. I <3 those

by pacmen on 2/6/2012 8:25:43 PM

I love these all but I wouldn't really be able to do any of these... I have super fine, shoulder length hair!! Not much you can do with that!!

by Callie620 on 1/16/2012 1:08:17 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I don't know what to do with my EXTREMELY CURLY HAIR! their the size of a pencil tip! And its really thick to! I gets super huge during school. I'm also the only girl in my entire school with my hair! Frown HELP!

Hey girlie,

Try checking out these articles, which have amazing tips for loving curly and frizzy hair!

Lauren C.

by Minaxoxo on 1/14/2012 11:09:00 PM

mod mod mod mod
My hair is naturally wavy and so when i straighten it after 15-20 minutes the ends start to flip (even worse on humid days!). It really gets annoying and i don't want to put hairspray in my hair because i makes it stiff. Any advice/products that will keep my hair straight through the day? AND I like my hair when its curled but i don't want perfect curls. I like the messy curls looser curls and advice on how i achieve those?
Thanks!!!

Hey babe,

For straight hair tips, read the following articles:

http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/14/3-simple-spring-hair-savers.aspx (the first two products could be a life saver!)

As for messy curls, check out this article about beachy waves - they could be exactly what you're looking for!

Lauren C.

by Taffy18 on 1/14/2012 12:50:28 AM

I love Nina and Blake's hair!! so amazing, I have to try this with my hair.

by JTCY on 1/13/2012 10:12:49 PM

-Making money
-Health
-Books and writing
-Feeling good
-Decorating
-Baking and cooking
And anything you can possibly think of!!! Just comment on my profile and I will get back to you ASAP.
XOXO, Kayla

by kayla9 on 1/7/2012 9:43:59 PM

I need help on how to get my popu
Arty level up!

-Books and writing
-Feeling good
-Decorating
-Baking and cooking
XOXO, Kayla

by kayla9 on 1/5/2012 11:55:09 PM

How do you delete one of your Advice Queen things?

Hey babe,

An Advice Queen page is basically a club, so take a look at our Clubs FAQ and read the part about transferring/deleting a club Smile
Lauren C.

by kkgirl4life on 1/5/2012 3:36:36 PM

Please help I need some new makeup,style,and hair ideas . I want to be new and fresh this year. I don't own any leggings or skirts but I have a lot of shirts and shoes and jeans please help.

Hey girl,

Our style channel has tons of fashion and beauty tips to help you! http://www.girlslife.com/category/style-beauty.aspx

Meghan D.

by maggie2000 on 1/4/2012 4:04:15 PM

i just got major cool fringe! semi side bangs, part normal bangs. I LOVE IT!

by alicia1998 on 1/3/2012 11:21:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I am going to my schools semi formal and I have no idea how to wear my hair! My hair is dark brown, parted off center, and comes to down a little past my shoulder blades. Its also really thick. Do you have any ideas on make up, too? My dress is off-white and strapless. Thanks so much! <3

Hey girl,

If you usually wear your hair down, why not try an updo, or vice versa? Since your dress is white, you can wear pretty much any makeup and still look awesome. Check out our beauty pages for more tips and have fun! http://www.girlslife.com/category/beauty.aspx

Meghan D.

by pcashman5 on 12/31/2011 12:40:42 PM

Do you think a pixie cut for a petite 6th grader is good for either New Year's Eve or spring?

by MaxRide15 on 12/30/2011 5:29:45 PM

Hey sweetheart118, look up pics of brown hair with highlights and see which you like best. It may be best to only go a shade lighter, because something drastic may not look right. If you don't want to color your hair you don't have to. Being natural and simple is always in style. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

by Lynae P. on 12/28/2011 6:56:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!

Ok so my birthday is coming up in about a month and my older cousin has offered to take me to get my hair cut and highlighted. I have medium--dark brown hair and I don't know if highlights would look good. I'm scared that I won't like it. I'm not sure if I want to change my natural hair color!!
Please help!!!

by sweetheart118 on 12/28/2011 5:39:13 PM

Mod
Hello! What color eyeshadow would bring out my eye color? It's brown-hazel.
Thanks-Autumn.

by sweetautumnsunshine on 12/28/2011 2:53:35 AM

I love Blake's ah-dorable braid. If you flip it from the side to the back of your head TOTALL flirt move!

by katgrace11 on 12/27/2011 8:30:48 PM

I just started curling my hair and dont know if it is better to put spray gel in before or after you curl your hair. Any ideas? Thanks alot!!!!
myth_lover

I think both will work. A bit before hand will help give it more hold that will make it easier to curl. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by myth_lover on 12/27/2011 6:10:38 PM

Cute. But, wouldn't your hair get messed up easily with all those big coats & hats?

by vanillaflower on 12/27/2011 12:11:46 PM

MOD
im a girl that has brown really straight hair that doesn't curl me and my mom tried everything. what do i do?????
luv kkttyl123

You should try a product that gives  your hair some texture. This will give it some grip and will hold onto the curls easier. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by kkttyl123 on 12/25/2011 7:27:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Merry Christmas to you all!
But also i recently got an eyebrow pencil (mine are blonde same color as my skin). How do you use it. I tried it but it didnt work out very well.

If your eyebrow pencil is the same color as your skin its not going to show up very well. Try getting a darker shade. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by imjustbeautifulmex] on 12/25/2011 7:13:29 PM

MOD! MOD!
Sometimes my hair can get really static but other times its nice and straight. What could possibly be the cause of my static hair? Thanks!

Hey chica,

No sweat - read this article about "static-y" hair and get tips on fixing that common winter prob! Smile
Lauren C.

by caligirl99 on 12/24/2011 8:52:30 PM

There are lots of pretty girls at my school , and Im in their 'group' but sometimes I feel that Im ugly , and my dad says Im photogenic but all my pictures are ugly and Im only 12 ,I want my hair to be a pretty colour, good hairstyles, acne clear face(i only have a little),take really pretty pictures, how to make my face look pretty, and good makeup tips and stuff btw I have blue eyes dirty blonde hair and pale skin Frown I want like pretty highlights and colours but no damage, and tanned skin and make my eyes pop out , thanks :p

Hey girl,

Don't be so hard on yourself -- you've got plenty of time to improve your skin and beauty tricks! Check out our beauty channel for hair, makeup and skincare tips, or ask your mom for help. And pale skin is beautiful, so don't worry about an unnatural tan! http://www.girlslife.com/category/style-beauty.aspx

Meghan D.

by junior on 12/24/2011 10:49:31 AM

MOD MOD
what does MOD mean?

It's short for "moderator" ... that's me! Me and a group of other older girls approve all your comments, make sure there's no offensive topics/vulgar language on the site, and answer your advice questions. We've been through it all so we're here to help! Smile
Lauren C.

by Sofia=] on 12/22/2011 5:48:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I NEED HELP
RIGHT NOW.
INSTANTLY.
i plucked my eyebrows just for the fun of it and when i started i just couldnt stop i guess it was just idk addicting
i hadnt realized until it was done that i plucked WAYYYY too much off and theyre thin and i look AWFUL.
is there anyway i could make them grow back faster?? any foods???? im kind of looking for witchcraft, i suppose. but mainly FOODS (going on vacation can't do anything too outrageous.)
makeup is NOT an option (too young) , the good news is i have off school for two weeks, but is that enough to have them grow back a little bit?
if theres any meaning, my parent has rogaine i could use.... but i doubt itll work (im only 13...)
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAASSSSSEEEEEEE HELP
I NEED IT!!! I LOOK LIKE A MONSTER!!!

Hey Chica,

Don't freak out too much, it happens to all of us! Check out this post on how to correct your eyebrows. Since you can't wear makeup, you should definitely see a pro about fixing your shape. And next time, take time in between your pluck seshes so you don't have the urge to keep doing it!
Rachel N.

by SofiaP on 12/22/2011 3:58:52 PM

MOD! MOD!!
A lot of these hairstyles are really cute. I have been growing my hair out for a long time and I like my hair longer but it constantly has huge knots in it and it is too hard to maintain. I am going to get a haircut soon and I am probably going to get my hair cut shoulder length or shorter. Do you have any ideas on hair cuts/styles that would look cute with an oval shape face. I found this really cute and girly hairstyle on reese witherspoon. Its wavy and the bangs are pinned back.

Hey girly,

That sounds really cute! If you like that hairstyle then go for it!

Catie C.

by elisea625415 on 12/22/2011 10:06:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD For Christmas I put on my list a 1 1-2 barrel curling iron, and last night i went to the store and i saw a deep waver, what is better:?!?!?! Which one should I get or both

Hey girl, I think either one would be great. It may be better to go with the curling iron because you can always create waves with that. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by dancer8608 on 12/21/2011 8:05:54 PM

Hey Girlies!(: Join my club Sassy Songwriters<3 and have a great time with other girls! Receive advice, tips, or just come to have a great time! Smile Thx<3
~Madi(:~

by *MusicGirl16* on 12/21/2011 6:07:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have shorter hair, a little above my shoulders, and I luv these hair styles, but my hair isn't that long!!!! GL always does hair styles with long hair that is not fair, do u have any ideas???

Hey girl,

If you have short hair, you'll love this post -- it's written for girls with short to medium hair! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/11/14/Bored-of-short-hair-Our-top-6-instant-fixes.aspx

Meghan D.

by dancer8608 on 12/21/2011 4:31:49 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD!
So I always wear my hair down and I am getting tired of it. Can you recommend hair styles for me? Anyway, I've got rather straight, brown layers: the longest at about the middle of my back and shortest is chin length. My hair is also very fine ( thin ). I don't use curling irons, straighteners and hair spray. Thanks! Smile

Hey girl,

If you're not into hot tools and products, why not switch up your pony for a side pony, or add fun to wearing your hair down with tiny braids? We've got tons of great style tips, and many of them don't require hot tools, so check this section out! http://www.girlslife.com/category/hair-styles.aspx

Meghan D.

by Kayla9 on 12/21/2011 3:00:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
i'm in sixth grade and i sometimes just play around with makeup just to try it. i barely ever wear makeup and if i do, it's light mascara and sometimes a little dot of foundation to cover up a blemish when i go to the movies with friends on weekends. i never really wear makeup on weekdays though because i go to a private school and we aren't allowed to wear makeup. also and i just never know when it's a good time to start wearing makeup. 7th? 8th? 9th? when did you start wearing makeup? also, i can't seem to ever be more than a best friend with boys. they all love me in a sister / friend kind of way. but i'm taller than all of them so i think that they can't imagine liking or dating a girl taller than them. my friend has gone out with the boy i liked a lot and he liked me. the friend who has dated him was going to set us up earlier in the year but i

Hey girl,

There's no definite answer to when you should start wearing makeup, but you definitely don't want to break your school's dress code! Practicing on weekends and days off is a good way to get the hang of it without the pressure. As for guys, you're still young, so there's no rush -- you'll find someone great when you're ready, and for now, enjoy your friends!

Meghan D.

by SuperrGirliie on 12/21/2011 10:53:36 AM

These are cute!! I especially like Keke's and Selena's, but I don't know how that would look on me because I have much longer hair they they do. Blake's is awesome but I don't think it would ever turn out that messily perfect when I tried Frown I pretty much wear my hair like Ashley's most days to school. The only one I don't really like is Nina's, because it just kinda looks like she's going to the gym, not a red carpet event. Like, that is my lazy day/workout/sports hairstyle, so I'm not that big of a fan. But the rest are absolutely adorable! <3

by fireworks1071 on 12/21/2011 10:27:23 AM

MOD!!
Please answer this I would really appreciate it!
Okay, so I think it's time for me to wear a bra, but how do I ask my mom to go get one? She's awkward with that stuff, and I just want to think of ways to do it so that it won't be so awkward!!

Hey girl,

Don't be afraid to ask your mom for help -- she's been there, so she knows what it's like. You can leave her a handwritten note if that's less awkward than bringing it up. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by legallyginger12345 on 12/21/2011 9:42:06 AM

MODMOD
I'm eleven and a lot of my friends have boyfriends. The thing is, i dont think im ready for that. I have a lot of guy-friends that I'm pretty close with, but i just dont think of them that way. The worst part is, i prefer one of them and there are rumors flying around that i like him BUT I DONT! plus some have asked me out. How can i make it clear I just think of them as friends?

Just tell them that! Be nice about it and everything will be fine. The rumors will fade away and things will go back to normal. Dont fret.
Kerra S.

by echosong on 12/20/2011 8:33:55 PM

Cute hairstlyes! Thanks!

by sweetooth on 12/20/2011 7:52:21 PM

OOO LA LA! Smile

I like these hairstyles. DEF Keke's and Sel's the most.

Rockin' the runway hunnies Smile

by Malgal22 on 12/20/2011 7:01:13 PM

Hey girlies! Join this club DIY queens. It's fun and for all of those creative gals out there.

by da:DaeSHINES on 12/20/2011 6:04:36 PM

MOD!!! Smile
Ok so there is this guy that I like and I know he likes me and he is going to ask me out but he wants to think of a really good way to do it first (I'm not supposed to know this but I found out on accident from a friend). Soo anyway, he texts me every night and I love talking to him. We sorta play this game where we just go back and forth asking Q's... but its been over a month and I'm kind of out of Q's. Have any ideas? I've pretty much used all the basic ones like his faves and stuff and I'm not really the type of girl that will ask super flirty questions. Thanks in advance if you or any other girls reading this can help!
Merry Christmas! Smile

I love to ask the questions that are a bit deeper like whats your biggest regret? whats your favorite memory? if you could be anywhere right now where would you be? If you could have anything right now what would you want? What would you do with a million dollars if you instantly got it right now? etc. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by pinkypi26 on 12/20/2011 5:36:13 PM

cute i straighten my hair at the holiday time then leave it down usally its wavy (naturally) and in a pony so its cute and surprises people

by millia7 on 12/20/2011 5:21:46 PM

Lol I feel so guilty! I straighten my hair a lot even though I know it's bad for my hair. Sorry hair!! But I love how it looks and I love to put straight hair in braids for the night and get the cute little waves <3

by peaceluvandhockey on 12/20/2011 5:10:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! I have curly frizzy hair,and I am running out of ideas for hairstyles. The other day i put it in a side braid.I am sick and tired of ponytails,and dont want to straighten my hiar. Any suggestions?PLEASE HELP ME!!

I suggest you get curl enhancing spray. It will keep your hair curly without all the frizz. The only issue is you CANNOT touch your hair. Touching it causes frizz. So to keep your curls without all the frizz keep your hands off. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by chipmunks14 on 12/20/2011 5:01:35 PM

I personally don't like any of these. My hair is naturally very curly so i just brush it then go.

by macaronimusic on 12/20/2011 4:59:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I have a roundish-squareish face and I was thinking of getting side bangs but I was wondering if it would look good with my face. If not, what would???
Also, I have thin hair. Any suggestions for what to do to get thick hair??

Hey girly,

I think that would look great! The best way to make your hair feel thinker would be to get layers. Hope this helps!

Catie C.

by pinkcoconut on 12/20/2011 3:58:13 PM

MOD Do you have any ideas for chin-length hair? That would really help!
P.S. What does does MOD stand for??

Hey girly,

You could try pulling your hair into a halfback style. That would look really cute. And MOD stands for moderator (or the people that answer your posts Smile)

Catie C.

by jasperrose on 12/20/2011 3:42:52 PM

i LOVE selenas hair and her make up too.

by j4zm09 on 12/20/2011 3:39:07 PM

Not everyone has naturally straight hair...

by jackieluvz on 12/20/2011 3:35:46 PM

these are all great,but do you have any for about medium,just past the shoulder length. a lot of these are long hair or above the shoulder lenghts

by basketball_R_us on 12/20/2011 3:01:35 PM

I just bought some really cute red flats but I don't know that to wear them with...any suggestions?
thanks! (:

Hey girly,

You could totally wear them with a cute skirt or some skinny jeans.

Catie C.

by declaration on 12/20/2011 2:41:19 PM

their all cute, but i have short hair (like a pixie cut) so i wish there was a style for shorter hair.

by opal angel on 12/20/2011 1:57:57 PM

I love selenas hair and im a fan Smile

by smileygirl555 on 12/20/2011 1:21:24 PM

**********ATTENTION**********

Are you a fan of The Walking Dead? If you are then join The Walking Dead Fan Club!!!!!!!!!! Where we talk about the show and even the books Laughing

by Princess Keziyah on 12/20/2011 1:05:40 PM

I love all of them! But I've been curling my hair lately, every day so far since last week!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 12/20/2011 12:02:08 PM

I love these!!!!!!!! Smile

by LaCroix on 12/20/2011 10:54:35 AM

I like Selena's! Smile So cute!

by paris627 on 12/20/2011 9:17:48 AM

I love selenas hair and kekes!!! I think i should cut my hair like kekes because it would look pretty on my hair (wavy)

by e17c on 12/20/2011 7:41:10 AM

UGH!!!! I HATE Selena Gomez, she sucks, sorry to the Selena lovers but she's terrible!

by clem10 on 12/20/2011 7:04:41 AM