2 HOURS AGO RT @NiallsBlueEyes9: Thank you @girlslifemag I got my book :) YAY! :) pic.twitter.com/2Yrh9pCq98

2 HOURS AGO How do you feel about smoking? Sound off on the survey: http://t.co/DYrp6lJmWF

5 HOURS AGO 20 ways to flirt with your crush: http://t.co/M6GN4Lfh2r

COMMENTS

Change your image right now

Resolve to turn over a new leaf this year

Mod Mod Mod
I am a writer, so I write a lot. We were given an assignment to right a fable for religion class that has a moral. I wrote mine and it ended up to be two pages long. Most people's were shorter. Anyway we had to read them out loud to the class and I was confident and everything and I am not nervous in front of my class. But when I began to read i started shaking and my heart was pounding and my breath was caught, why does that happen? How can I get it to stop?
Sorry, this isn't a typical question about boys or whatever but I always want to share my writing to see if people like it or want to critique so why do I get like stage fright? I do not get that when speaking otherwise, like reading out of a textbook or presenting a presentation is easy for me.
If you can't answer, just tell me you don't know, please reply though. I would like any sort of feedback on this. Thank you and please answer, I hate posting a bunch of times so a mod will find my Q. Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Even if you never normally get nervous in front of people, it's totally normal to get kinda scared when you're reading your own work! I'm a writer too and I get a little insecure when people read my work (or even when I share my creative ideas with them), just because you don't want them to hate it or judge you. It's a very special and personal thing, to be vulnerable and let people into your crazy head of ideas! Smile Especially since yours was longer than everyone else's, you probably felt weird, like the spotlight was all on you. But it'll get easier the more you do it!
Lauren C.

by LLL328 on 1/5/2012 6:33:36 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
On the bottom of my feet, they are REALLY itchy. No, it's not the start of a Veruca. But its so itchy and the skin's peeling off. What to do?

Hey girl,

Itchy feet and peeling skin are symptoms of Athlete's foot. Definitely let your doctor know so that he/she can properly diagnose you. There are over-the counter creams you can buy to treat it, but I would make sure that it is definitely Athlete's foot before you try to treat it yourself.

Kathryn S.

by catluverforlife on 1/5/2012 2:48:46 PM

Mod!
I feel very self concise of my appearance. People look at me and it makes me nervous. Sometimes I think it's cause I can't get my hair to be straight, they think my outfits weird, or that I sit down and wait for my friend to come to school alone. I'm really embaresed. Advise?

Hey girl,

We all have those days where we feel like everyone's looking at us, but don't sweat it. You are awesome just the way you are! Remember that nobody is perfect, we all have flaws, and that's what makes us unique! Imagine how boring the world would be if everybody was perfect! So what if your hair isn't perfectly straight? Waves and curls are awesome! So what if you're not wearing what everyone else is wearing- be a trendsetter! And if you feel awkward sitting by yourself waiting for your friend to show up, bring the latest copy of GL to flip through while you wait! Smile

Kathryn S.

by Smartpaws on 1/5/2012 12:27:08 PM

hey i am working on my advice page.... check it out.

xoxoxoxoxo,
amileofroses

by amileofroses on 1/4/2012 8:33:35 PM

Hey puppydogs101, try jogging a few times a week to keep yourself in shape. Be sure to always drink water and munch on fruits and veggies. For your tummy try sit ups. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
quick question:
so im only 5 ft, and im only a 32-A cup, im starting to get fat in the belly area, considering that i now weigh 115 lbs. Its not a very pretty sight. i want a flat belly, and to lose weight, but idk how to start and keep up dieting. Any tips? Lynae P.

by puppydogs101 on 1/4/2012 5:45:24 PM

Need Advice?? Then Ask me!

Hey Girls! It's KitKat10101010 Back from a long break! Im ready to help girls again with advice! U can post a question on my profile about anything! I can help with anything even, friends,boys,makeup,fashion, and especially DANCE (any style)!!! So please leave me a question and I'll answer ASAP

by KitKat10101010 on 1/3/2012 11:05:41 PM

MOD
I always put thing off until the very last minute, and sometimes even later than that. Like, if i have a project for school that's not due for a couple of weeks then i wont do it until the night before its due. Any advice to help me get thing done ahead of time?

Its hard to stop procrastinating. However the amazing feeling youll get when you have the project absolutely done early and dont have to stress about it is amazing. Try to make a change and start doing things earlier. The amazing feeling youll get will make it worth it. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by songbird1297 on 1/1/2012 8:36:26 PM

MOD MOD!!
i have an issue with my younger brother. hes obnoxious and anoying, and i cant take it anymore. hes a slob, and everytime i tell him to clean something up or to stop he just tells me to shut up. and he wont let anything go. everytime i do anything wrong, as little it may be, he just has to tell my mom. and he has dirt on me, and everytime i say something, he just says "well then ill tell mom what u did" and i cant do anything about it. ive delat with this for years and i hate it. i want my brother to stop being like this but he wont. and i say stuff to my parents about it and they dont do anything. they just tell me to stay away from him. what do i do?

Stay away from him hah. I know its annoying, but your brother is young and immature. Its going to take him years to finally mature and move on from this phase. Watch out for yourself and distance yourself from him. Ignore him. Dont give him the time of day when hes being annoying. It will get better in time. But for the time being you need to watch out for yourself. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by puppydogs101 on 1/1/2012 6:39:16 PM

MODMODMOD
I have a friend who I use to be really close to. I go to a private school now so I do not see her a lot. I think I am jealous of her because she has a lot of friends and for NYE she invited friends over and not me! She considers me her BFFL but I feel like she does not think about me. I am jealous because she has guy friends, and a life that I wish I had! What do I do?

Hey girlie,

You go to different schools now, so it's natural for you to drift apart and find new friends. Instead of feeling down about that though, try to stay in touch more often. Text about something funny that happened to you, Facebook chat to catch up, and schedule hang-out time for the weekends. For one hang-out, maybe she could bring her new friends and you could bring yours! Stay active about keeping your friendship strong and you'll have less to be jealous about - because you'll be a part of her life again! <3
Lauren C.

by littlrach100 on 1/1/2012 11:54:35 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok so I want to change my image. It is 40 minutes until 2012 and I am going back to school on Tuesday and I want to be a different person. I am a really talkative, annoying, whiny, girl and I want to be a modest, polite, non-whiny, girl but I don't know how! HELP!

Hey girl,

You have to challenge yourself to make the change! You can't totally suppress who you are (and who you're meant to me), but you can try to stay conscious of the social choices you make. What do I mean by that? Try sticking Post-It notes on your bathroom mirror, in your locker, inside your notebooks, and in your backpack. On them, write reminding phrases like, "Think before you speak" or "Don't whine - you have too much to be thankful for." That way, each time you do a normal act like take notes in class, you'll remember to tone it down <33
Lauren C.