3 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

6 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

7 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

Change your image right now

Resolve to turn over a new leaf this year

Hey chicas! Become a fan of my advice queen page and get fabulous advice from a teen who has been through it all. I can answer ANY question and get back to you ASAP. I hope you check it out! <3

by cali princess on 7/7/2013 3:11:11 AM

Ok so i am in 7th grade and have never gone out with anybody before. I think relationships are overrated for this age in my school. My good friend and i kind of make fun of the relationships and how they dont last. Guys have asked me out before and i have liked guys. Its not like I'm completely anti-boy. My point is i feel like i pushing them away. They have called me pretty and i talk to boys all the time. But they know i will say no because i dont date. I feel like when i am ready to date (which will be like in 8th or 9th grade) they won't want to date me. I haven't kissed anyone either which is why i want to go to a sleep away camp in the summer. (my friend said everyone gets their first kiss there!) Please help change my boy image!
reported
by marylofal16 on 10/3/2012 3:43:35 PM

Hey, I understand you not wanting to date, but maybe be special friends with guys. Treat one guy different than the rest so they can feel a little love from you. Don't worry, guys will come to you! Smile

by vikiwasawoo on 2/9/2013 2:15:20 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
Help! I'm 13 and i've smoked a few times and i am just dressing so different and stuff, how can i go back to being innocent and my old self?

Hey girlie, to go back to being your old self, you have to want to change. Stop smoking and dress in whatever makes you happy. Make the lifestyle changes you need to make to feel comfortable with yourself again.

Lauren T.

by xoxojillianxo on 11/4/2012 7:42:59 PM

by marylofal16 on 10/3/2012 3:43:35 PM

Ok, so you need to find yourself a new guy! And don't let yourself be around her new guy, the temptation will be to much

by collins on 8/2/2012 9:39:19 AM

Wow you like your friends boyfriend again no offense ut she should probsly leave you alone before you hurt her again and make sure you say sorry

by zania on 7/25/2012 2:16:42 PM

I like this guy and he goes to my church. We are really tight and I think he likes me. He tells me he loves me holds my hand and has even kissed me. But heres the thing, he and my bff used to have a thing. She said I can have him but I think he is trying to make her jealous of me and go back to him! True love or Jealousy? HELP!!

~Sophie~

by sophiebugb on 6/11/2012 12:05:19 PM

I'm 14 and no guy will go out with me
im kinda quiet but alot of my friends are and have had boyfriends i used to wear tons of makeup but im only wearing mascara now and ive changed how i dress but guy wont date me no matter what most of them ignore me and i have very few guy friends the guy i like is on my bus but hes a year younger and got in trouble and has to sit at the very front of the bus for the rest of the year the other boys on my bus are wierd and are my ggod friends and are also younger. I feel so left out also i only have brand name clothes and makeup I get straight A's and I not fat at all Im super skinny and am always accused of having an eating disorder but I dont and being tall doen't help either is that the reason am I a skeleton oh I really need help I really need advice HOW DO I GET A BF
-The sad lonley single chica

by llamaglitz on 4/22/2012 5:52:36 PM

Hi girls can I tell u some thing I got glasses and now the boy that I like he mite not like me any more and he is one av the pop guys and some times wen he is talking to me I git really shy and nerves wen he is talking to me.What should do???

by sandra 2 on 2/26/2012 11:34:16 AM

Hi girls can one of you guys I mean girls LOL!!!!! give advice about boys??

by sandra 2 on 2/25/2012 11:53:01 PM

Just talk to her! I know how you feel, try not to be too rude but at least say that your feelings are hurt. :'( Good luck!

by mcw99 on 2/24/2012 9:19:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm in tears right this second because of something that just happend. My dad said we were going to Mass today when school started, so I couldn't be at school till 9:00, when gym was over. But because my schedule's all jacked up because of having school off Monday, I have no idea if I have gym or music or art. So I asked my dad if we could go to the non mass, so I'd just miss a part of lunch. But he said we couldn't. Then my mom came in because I was upset, and said she'd understand if I was missing music. That's when I said I had no idea what I was having. She got SUPER angry for some reason, and yelled at me. Then she said I needed to change my personality really soon. I don't know what's wrong with me! I'm starting to want to go to boarding school, so I don't have to be at home. This happens often now, and I hate it. Please help!

If your mother made a comment about your personality I think it was not what you said but how you said it that angered her. Make sure you actually stop and listen to the tone of your voice when you are speaking to people. It may seem like a normal tone when you speak it but it could come out completely different and other people might interpret you as having an attitude. Also I don't think it is a big deal that you are confused about your schedule. I think you over reacted about that.

Amanda P.

by Dabop on 2/22/2012 8:24:41 AM

Whats wrong with me???
I get staight A's, im on the varsity cheerleading team even though im a freshman, i was given the tootsie roll award at school for best fashion sense and im pretty,(i think?).....So why cant i get a bf. Whats wrong with me? Am i ugly or fat or something? I feel like im unloveable, all of my friends have had boyfriends and some currently dating a guy. I feel left out because im the only one thats never had a bf.

by Prettiprincess1225 on 2/13/2012 8:40:09 PM

Yesterday i got my hair all done up for a dance that was last night and along with the hair-do, i got six raspberry purple streaks put in. I really like them but i keep having doubts about if my friends will like them. My friends at the dance loved them last night, but i am worried about what my other friends will think and it is driving me crazy. Is there any way i can keep myself from doubting?
thx

Hey girlie,

Just be confident! You got the streaks because you thought it would look awesome...And I'll bet it does! It might not be their style to get pink/purple highlights, but it's your style and you should be proud of it. Walk with your shoulders back and your head high. Style your hair in fun ways to show them off (ponytail, braid, wear it long, etc.). If anyone seems to have a problem with it, shrug and remind yourself you didn't dye their hair - it's your own hair and you can do what you want. Plus, they'll wash/grow out! It's nothing to panic about. And having streaks in your hair doesn't make you a bad person ;) Personally, I think it's cool! <3

by Prettytough14 on 2/12/2012 10:24:13 AM

Hi I'm new to GL, and just want everyone to know that if you need advice, just ask! Nothing can be too stupid, weird, or awkward to ask. You can either go to my page beca:p or my new club Ms.Advice. Thank you!!!!!!!! <3 beca:p

by Beca:p on 1/30/2012 8:50:26 PM

Hey Magzped10, I think you should call her sometime tomorrow and ask what're up. She probably was trying to protect your feelings, but she went about it the wrong way. Just talk it out. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD!!!! MOD!!!! MOD!!!!
Hey there! My BFF just got asked out by my crush! I am so hurt because she knew I liked him, and now they are going out. I want to say something to her, but she's really happy and I don't want to crush her. I had to find out from my crush, and I was hurt that she didn't tell me. I know she was prob trying to protect my feelings, but she should of told me personally. I'm not making a scene about it, but I am really hurt because she KNEW I REALLY liked him. What should I do? HELP!!Frown
~Magz Lynae P.

by Magzped10 on 1/27/2012 6:06:07 PM

Thanks Rachel!!!!!! I will try that!!Smile

by Magzped10 on 1/27/2012 3:31:21 PM

MOD!!! MOD!!! MOD!!!!
Hi there! I've created a reputation for myself: Nicest girl in school, goody-two-shoes, and many other names like that. I love my rep, but because of it, whenever someone is mean to me, and I stand up for myself, gossip spreads and then my friend says, "why were you so mean to "Tessa"??" This happens all the time, so I need your advice on how to stop it.
Please Help!
~Magz

Hey Chica,

Whenever someone asks you why you were being mean, tell them the truth: that you stand up for yourself when others are mean to you. As long as you're not starting a fight with others, it's better to be the assertive type of girl rather than being passive and not saying anything. You won't be able to stop all gossip from spreading, but keep standing up for yourself and people will eventually realize that you're not being mean. And if that doesn't work, you should just ignore it. Gossipers just want to bring other people down, and by reacting, you give them the power to do that.
Rachel N.

by Magzped10 on 1/27/2012 7:00:50 AM

please join the embarissing moments club!

by mlennon on 1/23/2012 9:31:12 AM

good for you for trying!! i tried to changing my image over and over again!! first I had it under control then when I came up to my crush I had turned into that jerky image that i couldn't get rid of. I don't know how but i guess i started hanging out with nicer people and now i am having an awesome friendship with him!!! but about your bffs bf. i have 2 bffs one was dating and my other bff had a major crush on her bf ever since the 1st grade. all you need to do is talk it out and if she was your real friend she would do what's right. Good Luck 2 you!!!!

by luna8900 on 1/20/2012 5:09:14 PM

I really like my friends boyfriend n he likes me too. Hes only still going out with her is because he doesnt want to make her feel bad so he confesed he liked me today. She wasnt at scool today so h,he couldnt break up with her.i dont wnt to loose her friendship but i really like this guy please help me! I dont want to create a bad rep or have people talk about me.
- sare'

by alphaprincess on 1/17/2012 7:07:37 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by vikiwasawoo on 1/17/2012 12:08:19 PM

I have reddish brownish hair but everyone at school always comments on it saying its red or orange or that I'm a ginger and I really hate it. I used to like my hair colour but I dont really anymore. I just wish I had normal brown or blond hair. I would like to change my colour but I think people would tease me about not wanting to be a "ginger" anymore or something. do you think I could get high lights or something that would make my hair look less red but not a completely different colour? or like brown streaks or something? my mom says that doing streaks or highlights wrecks your hair is there a kind that will not damage your hair? Please help me I have been searching all over the internet for ideas but i havent gotten any good ones yet. thank you sososo much!

Hey, girlie.

I'm a redhead too, and I know literally exactly what you're talking about.  From what you said, it sounds like we might even have the same hair color!

One time a while back I got blonde highlights in my hair, and I looked pretty much blonde.  So many people told me that the blonder red didn't fit me nearly as well as my natural red.  You wanna' know why?  Because the way your hair is now, is the way it's meant to be.  It looks best on you because it's natural.  You can play around with other colors, but the thing is, it will become much more difficult for you to get your actual red back later.  It will never be the same shade again.

Your mom had the right idea.  There is no safe way to alter the color/texture of your hair.  It will do a great deal of damage no matter what.

Sure, they tease you now, just like they teased me.  But as you grow up, you'll get more and more compliments on it everywhere you go.  I've found out just how many people wish they had our shade.  Even better, so many guys like redheads, a lot.

Jordan S.

by honeycakes on 1/17/2012 10:38:39 AM

Please join our club photography Forever! We will give you tips and answer your photography questions. We would love for you to join <3! Have a wonderful day and we look forwad to seeing you in our club. Laughing =)

by emvhorses on 1/16/2012 12:08:49 PM

Hey if u need any kind of advice then come to my page its new but worth it!! Xoxo

by dancer0014 on 1/16/2012 2:17:09 AM

NEED AD
NEED A
NEED
NEE
NE
N

Then come on down to my profile!!!!! I give advice on these things:

EVERYTHING!!

I love you!!!

-fasion-queen52

by fasion-queen52 on 1/13/2012 10:22:20 PM

Hey, Chicas!

Need advice? Then hop on over to my profile and start typin'! I give advice on anything! Luv ya!
_GL advice giver

by fasion-queen52 on 1/13/2012 10:18:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD! At my school there is a really strict unifom policy as in no jewellery, no obvious make up, black lace up leather shoes (but no brogues), black tights only (in winter), hair must be up with no hairbands, no scarfs etc. I'm sick of looking the same as everyone else and really need suggestions on how to spice up my uniform! I have shoulder length hair btw, I would also love some easy but fun hairstyles I can do for school. Thanks!

Hey girly,

You can try all sorts of things with your hair. You can try half-up styles or cute hair clips. You can also try a couple subtle ribbons if that is allowed.

Catie C.

by lovetodance393 on 1/12/2012 4:38:23 AM

Hey sunny bubbles, well first we need to figure out why all of this is going on. Do you know why people are being so mean to you? MODMODMODMOD
I need your help! Like everyone is mad at me!! And everyone is being really rude to me, and I cant focus on school, I'm failing Math, and my dancing is getting effected by all this, going on in my head!!! A lot of boys like me to, but I'm to destracted to flirt, and Some I don't fell the same way! Please Help!! Lynae P.

by sunnybubbles on 1/11/2012 6:38:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
so i broke up with my BF over fb. i dont reget my choice, its just facing him that im gonna have a prob w/. I dont know wat 2 do when i see him. i broke up w/ him bcause i didnt have the same feeling that i used 2, we werent that "cute couple" that i wanted. we were that one that made fun of each other, and i think that it hurt me more then it hurt him. and so basiclly wat i want 2 know is how to be aroung him and wat 2 say when he asks me i did wat i did.
thanx!!!

Hey girly,

The best thing that you can do is try to move on and not to think about him. Try to keep your distance from him and not to call attention to yourself around him. If he talks to you, just be nice and be honest about why you broke up with him. If you don't regret what you did, then stand your ground. It's up to him now to get over you.

Catie C.

by cul_4_you on 1/10/2012 2:53:02 PM

There is no better time to try and change our image than when the new year starts, and thats now! We all can help our image and be nicer, more responsible or whatever else we want to be better at. I talked with my my mom and she asked what some of my goals were for the new year and I told her I was going to try and be more responsible and be a better daughter. She liked that.

I told my bf I wanted our relationship to grow but I have my concerns since we just seem to be at different levels at times. Its a maturity thing and it just seems like he isnt ready for certain things.

by luckykel on 1/8/2012 9:57:17 PM

♥Need advice? well look no further! I have a degree in advice giving and caring ;) ♥

here's what i'll help you with:
*ANYTHING

post on my profile. ill get back to you as SOON as possible!
keep a lookout on my page because some people's profiles arn't publicly visible, therefor i'll post their answers on my page.

by xThisGirl13x on 1/7/2012 8:58:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD I have many best friends. Everytime I try to hang out with 2 or more of them at once I feel like the 3rd or 4th wheel. It really sucks. Then when it is just me and them they never seem to do anything with me so i barley even get to hang out with them. Please help I don't want to live live lonely with no friends to help me out in life.

Hey girl,

If you have a lot of pals, you shouldn't feel like you're going to be lonely! It can be awkward with too many people if they don't know each other, but you can try to organize some icebreakers so they get to know each other and you can all get along! Why not do something like an outdoor activity or trivia game so you can all get to know each other? And if it's awkward when it's just the two of you, why not do something like go to the movies, or play a sport? If you have a movie or something else to talk about, conversations should flow naturally. And you're young, so you have plenty more friends to make as you grow.

Meghan D.

by ArtFreak:) on 1/7/2012 3:07:02 AM

MoD MoD MoD!
I really like this guy named Loki and I really want to know if he likes me back. We're good friends though. He kind of teases me a lot, texts me occasionally, and is really sweet to me instead of teasing me at times. soooooooo?? And thanks I appreciate all of your help. Smile)

Hey girlie,

The teasing/compliment mix, him reaching out and enjoying a convo with you, etc. - these are good signs! Keep talking to him and try flirting/teasing him back. Give little hints that you like him so he feels comfy giving you the same hints. You'll get a better idea of his feelings when you actually get to know him even better! Smile

by phoebeloren00 on 1/5/2012 11:56:12 PM

i have a friend who wants me to change alot and i don't know what to do because i've tried my hardest to change and i don't want to lose her as a friend. it's like she want all my attention to focus on her and if it doesn't she says that i'm not being a very good friend

by loca400 on 1/5/2012 10:53:52 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I have a confession to make.....I look at life in a negative way. I am so emotional. I don't let go at all, and when i do, it's almost rarely. I have a problem with depression, and I'm never really that happy at school partly because I was so unpopular and I don't have much friends. In fact, I lost some friends because of my depression and because I was so emotional. They...well...they were boys. I hung out with them for almost a year and a half even though I know they didn't treat them right. They were so special to me though, and when they told me I couldn't hang out with them anymore(a couple months ago), I was devastated. Before that, I thought my depression problem was ending, but no, it wasn't. There was this one boy I couldn't let go of, whom I liked...he doesn't even care though, and he definitely won't be my friend.Now he is controlling my life, and I'm depressed more than ever. Got any advice?

Hey girlie,

I know it's really hard to think about things this way, but the only way you can be happy around friends is to be happy with yourself first. Find hobbies that make you feel alive and passionate. This could be anything: volunteering, writing, working out, painting, learning about a certain topic, decorating your room, etc. Anything that puts a smile on your face! The next step is to get involved at school - but in activities you've never tried before. That way, you broaden your social circle and help yourself meet people who share your interests. Get to know them and try your hardest to be your light-hearted, friendly self. Hang out outside of school, work on homework together, talk about boys and movies, etc. It's not good to hold in your bad feelings, but it's also not right to overload a new friend with all of your troubles. (It's something that might push them away because they don't know how to help you, you know?) Try to find a balance of being honest about yourself and being respectful of their feelings, too. Next, talk to someone qualified and stable enough to help you with your negative feelings/thoughts/emotions. You DON'T have to deal with this yourself! The counselor at your school (or even a trusted teacher) can help you find someone who will listen without judging, help you work through your feelings (and why you're feeling them), and help you come up with ways to feel better. You don't have to live feeling so negative all the time - I promise you, it can and will get better. Just put yourself out there and don't be afraid to talk about it! <3 Lots of love!!

by shannv82 on 1/5/2012 10:46:14 PM

MOd Mod MOd
Lauren C. Thanks, it means a lot coming from another writer. Thank you for the great advice! You probably are right. Thanks, I'm glad that I'm not alone on that one Smile!
So thanks!

You're so welcome Smile Good luck writing and especially with reading! It's super important to be proud of your work and get it out there for other people to experience it, so this is a challenge it'll be good to overcome. I know you can do it <333

by LLL328 on 1/5/2012 10:39:08 PM

My BFF, Lizzie, is becoming VERY different. She likes this guy named Luis, and they video chat ALL THE TIME, and, A LOT of guys like Lizzie. Lizzie's starting to become very arrogant and snobby and bossy. She's arrogant because she keeps saying everyone likes her, and she's snobby and bossy because she's ALWAYS bossing people around! She'd starting to be REALLY sarcastic, and she gets mad over the DUMBEST THINGS! She's been ignoring my texts and calls almost ALL WEEK, and I see that she posts thing on Facebook from her phone, and she was talking to my neighbor, James, on Facebook a few nights ago! She says she's been "busy", but that's not true! She's been on Facebook all of these days! What should i do? I'm afraid of talking to her about it because she gets mad REALLY easily. What should I do? My friend Gianna says if I want things to get better, I HAVE TO talk to her about it! Please help!
Jordan

Hey Jordan,

Personally, I wouldn't stress myself out by having a convo with her about this. It sounds like she's so blinded by this stuff that she won't listen. Instead, I'd stop texting/calling and giving her something to ignore. I'd spend time with my other friends and leave her alone. She clearly wants to be alone to Facebook/talk to whoever she wants, so let her. The point of this? She'll notice she isn't getting attention from you anymore...and she'll wonder where you've gone/why you don't need her anymore. Just keep having fun without her, staying confident, and loving yourself. She's bringing tons of drama into your life when things should be easy and happy! See if she reaches out and contacts YOU. If not, you don't need the nonsense in your life. If she does and wonders where you've been, try to explain why you've been acting distant. That could be the wake-up she needs <3

by cheerrox1111 on 1/5/2012 8:43:53 PM

I'm on a basketball team not to be stuck up or anything, but my twin sister and I are like the best ones on the team. All of a sudden, my coach starts yelling at me and his daughter is always echoing what he says. It gets really embarrassing and affects my self confidence even though I know he just wants to make me better. Everyone is always yelling at me. I'm so frustrated and don't know what to do. I love basketball but should I just quit and try to focus on other sports. I don't wanna give up though. Please help! Smile

Hey babe,

Part of being on a team is being able to take criticism. Sometimes, you have to apply some of it and make your skills stronger...and sometimes you have to accept that it was said in the heat of the moment and move on. Think about it: when practice gets intense or a game gets into those crucial last seconds, your coach probably gets stressed/excited and will yell commands even if you're already playing well. Try not to let it get you. Learn from it and stay confident - use it to motivate you to be better!! As long as you're playing your hardest and doing your best, you have nothing to worry about! <3

by Danielle:)3 on 1/5/2012 8:43:21 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I am a writer, so I write a lot. We were given an assignment to right a fable for religion class that has a moral. I wrote mine and it ended up to be two pages long. Most people's were shorter. Anyway we had to read them out loud to the class and I was confident and everything and I am not nervous in front of my class. But when I began to read i started shaking and my heart was pounding and my breath was caught, why does that happen? How can I get it to stop?
Sorry, this isn't a typical question about boys or whatever but I always want to share my writing to see if people like it or want to critique so why do I get like stage fright? I do not get that when speaking otherwise, like reading out of a textbook or presenting a presentation is easy for me.
If you can't answer, just tell me you don't know, please reply though. I would like any sort of feedback on this. Thank you and please answer, I hate posting a bunch of times so a mod will find my Q. Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Even if you never normally get nervous in front of people, it's totally normal to get kinda scared when you're reading your own work! I'm a writer too and I get a little insecure when people read my work (or even when I share my creative ideas with them), just because you don't want them to hate it or judge you. It's a very special and personal thing, to be vulnerable and let people into your crazy head of ideas! Smile Especially since yours was longer than everyone else's, you probably felt weird, like the spotlight was all on you. But it'll get easier the more you do it!

by LLL328 on 1/5/2012 6:33:36 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
On the bottom of my feet, they are REALLY itchy. No, it's not the start of a Veruca. But its so itchy and the skin's peeling off. What to do?

Hey girl,

Itchy feet and peeling skin are symptoms of Athlete's foot. Definitely let your doctor know so that he/she can properly diagnose you. There are over-the counter creams you can buy to treat it, but I would make sure that it is definitely Athlete's foot before you try to treat it yourself.

Kathryn S.

by catluverforlife on 1/5/2012 2:48:46 PM

Mod!
I feel very self concise of my appearance. People look at me and it makes me nervous. Sometimes I think it's cause I can't get my hair to be straight, they think my outfits weird, or that I sit down and wait for my friend to come to school alone. I'm really embaresed. Advise?

Hey girl,

We all have those days where we feel like everyone's looking at us, but don't sweat it. You are awesome just the way you are! Remember that nobody is perfect, we all have flaws, and that's what makes us unique! Imagine how boring the world would be if everybody was perfect! So what if your hair isn't perfectly straight? Waves and curls are awesome! So what if you're not wearing what everyone else is wearing- be a trendsetter! And if you feel awkward sitting by yourself waiting for your friend to show up, bring the latest copy of GL to flip through while you wait! Smile

Kathryn S.

by Smartpaws on 1/5/2012 12:27:08 PM

hey i am working on my advice page.... check it out.

xoxoxoxoxo,
amileofroses

by amileofroses on 1/4/2012 8:33:35 PM

Hey puppydogs101, try jogging a few times a week to keep yourself in shape. Be sure to always drink water and munch on fruits and veggies. For your tummy try sit ups. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
quick question:
so im only 5 ft, and im only a 32-A cup, im starting to get fat in the belly area, considering that i now weigh 115 lbs. Its not a very pretty sight. i want a flat belly, and to lose weight, but idk how to start and keep up dieting. Any tips? Lynae P.

by puppydogs101 on 1/4/2012 5:45:24 PM

Need Advice?? Then Ask me!

Hey Girls! It's KitKat10101010 Back from a long break! Im ready to help girls again with advice! U can post a question on my profile about anything! I can help with anything even, friends,boys,makeup,fashion, and especially DANCE (any style)!!! So please leave me a question and I'll answer ASAP

by KitKat10101010 on 1/3/2012 11:05:41 PM

MOD
I always put thing off until the very last minute, and sometimes even later than that. Like, if i have a project for school that's not due for a couple of weeks then i wont do it until the night before its due. Any advice to help me get thing done ahead of time?

Its hard to stop procrastinating. However the amazing feeling youll get when you have the project absolutely done early and dont have to stress about it is amazing. Try to make a change and start doing things earlier. The amazing feeling youll get will make it worth it. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by songbird1297 on 1/1/2012 8:36:26 PM

MOD MOD!!
i have an issue with my younger brother. hes obnoxious and anoying, and i cant take it anymore. hes a slob, and everytime i tell him to clean something up or to stop he just tells me to shut up. and he wont let anything go. everytime i do anything wrong, as little it may be, he just has to tell my mom. and he has dirt on me, and everytime i say something, he just says "well then ill tell mom what u did" and i cant do anything about it. ive delat with this for years and i hate it. i want my brother to stop being like this but he wont. and i say stuff to my parents about it and they dont do anything. they just tell me to stay away from him. what do i do?

Stay away from him hah. I know its annoying, but your brother is young and immature. Its going to take him years to finally mature and move on from this phase. Watch out for yourself and distance yourself from him. Ignore him. Dont give him the time of day when hes being annoying. It will get better in time. But for the time being you need to watch out for yourself. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by puppydogs101 on 1/1/2012 6:39:16 PM

MODMODMOD
I have a friend who I use to be really close to. I go to a private school now so I do not see her a lot. I think I am jealous of her because she has a lot of friends and for NYE she invited friends over and not me! She considers me her BFFL but I feel like she does not think about me. I am jealous because she has guy friends, and a life that I wish I had! What do I do?

Hey girlie,

You go to different schools now, so it's natural for you to drift apart and find new friends. Instead of feeling down about that though, try to stay in touch more often. Text about something funny that happened to you, Facebook chat to catch up, and schedule hang-out time for the weekends. For one hang-out, maybe she could bring her new friends and you could bring yours! Stay active about keeping your friendship strong and you'll have less to be jealous about - because you'll be a part of her life again! <3

by littlrach100 on 1/1/2012 11:54:35 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok so I want to change my image. It is 40 minutes until 2012 and I am going back to school on Tuesday and I want to be a different person. I am a really talkative, annoying, whiny, girl and I want to be a modest, polite, non-whiny, girl but I don't know how! HELP!

Hey girl,

You have to challenge yourself to make the change! You can't totally suppress who you are (and who you're meant to me), but you can try to stay conscious of the social choices you make. What do I mean by that? Try sticking Post-It notes on your bathroom mirror, in your locker, inside your notebooks, and in your backpack. On them, write reminding phrases like, "Think before you speak" or "Don't whine - you have too much to be thankful for." That way, each time you do a normal act like take notes in class, you'll remember to tone it down <33

by rissa99 on 12/31/2011 11:22:34 PM

i know what your going through... i used to be that way... you just have to slowly stop doing one bad thing at a time... its hard.. but if you say bad things to people, then just rethink everything that's about to come out of your mouth... you'll get through it. were all rooting for you
-Rayanne

by rayanne.munoz on 12/31/2011 10:43:45 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HI, UMMM I MIGHT SOUND DUMB BUT, HOW DO U JOIN A CLUB???
AND, UMMM WHAT DOES 'MOD' MEAN???

Hey girl,

To join a club, just visit its page and sign up! Here's the link to the Club section of our site! http://www.girlslife.com/Clubs.aspx And "mod" is short for "moderator," which means we make sure the comments on GL articles are appropriate, and answer your questions!

Meghan D.

by kyky1013 on 12/31/2011 8:04:45 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!! MOD MOD MOD MMMOOODDD!!!!
Hey! So my group of friends are really cool and funny, but I'm just not liking being around them anymore. They aren't supportive, are judgmental, and really superficial. I've tried gradually drifting (but still being nice) and just leaving all together, but they just follow me (because my "bestie" moves with me -_-) or get all mad at me for moving. I don't know what to do anymore, now it seems like I have no friends in my grade (except for some out of my school). I'm sick of my snobby grade, but I've been here since Pre-K, so I'm too attached to change. HELP! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
xoxo- Val

Hey Val,

You definitely need to branch out so you can meet other people at school! The only way you'll escape from the negativity and judgement of these friends is to transition into hanging out with other, more respectful friends. It's no good being in an unhealthy social situation that makes you feel bad/shallow, but it's also no good to drive them away without having any other friends to take their place. You don't wanna be alone, after all! So get involved in a new activity or call an old friend that you haven't hung out with in a while. Try to build friendships with new people that share your morals and interests, then gradually drift into their circle independent of your old friends. It'll work WAY better Smile

by floridagrl123 on 12/30/2011 11:37:08 PM

Hey girlies!<3 Please come join my club Singer/Songwriters Sista's. It's a cool club where we can talk about ANYTHING. (Especially MUSIC)Go to my profile to join

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 12/30/2011 8:57:06 PM

Hey chicasSmile please come join my club A dancers dream...<3. It's a chill, fun club where we all chat about anything and everything! (Especially dance!) It's for ANY types of dancers. Go to my profile to join! LUVS, Ann

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 12/30/2011 8:43:25 PM

Hey girl, just be sure to wear pads and tapons you feel secure in. Constantly change your pad or tampon when it's time. Bring meds if you get sick during your period. Have fun and hope this helps!! XoxoMod mod
I have my period right now.. and my friends having this huge party tom... and its a sleepover and till midnight we go to this guys house and hangout with all the guys.. i want to wear something comfyy, but nice.. and i have a really heavy flow, like really heavyy, and i dont want to bleed through anything what should i do? Lynae P.

by abbygirl12 on 12/30/2011 8:25:49 PM

I Think Its Great To Express New Ideas Of Yourself! But Dont Do Something Like Smoking Just For A Guy Cause That Could Change You Forever! Smile

by syderoni on 12/30/2011 5:21:33 PM

Hey girl, the way to make a friend is to be one. So invite the guys you know out to movies or other places you and your girls hang. Let them know you're always available to offer advice or help them in any way. Just treat them the way you do your besties. Hope this helps!! XoxoMOD MOD MOD
how do I get guy friends? i'm 13 and i have a lotta friends who are guys, but not like that. Lynae P.

by soccerlover99 on 12/30/2011 2:57:21 PM

R U a nerd or geek? If so join my club
Nerdz n' geeks galore! U can connect with fellow nerdz and geeks, take polls, brag about ur smarts, share ur nerdy/geeky style sense, and lots more! If u know a nerd or geek, please invite! Judgement not included.

by BriannaM911 on 12/30/2011 2:37:57 PM

Hey missy, just notice the moments you being to talk a lot and get loud. Start stopping yourself when those moments come. Sounds like you're depressed because you haven't got a boyfriend yet. If a guy can't like you for you, then he's not worth it. It's okay to make some minor adjustments tp yourself but don't feel like you have to completely change you are to attract a boy. Hope this helps! XoxoMOD MOD MOD
I am short, nice, loud, and talk a lot. And I don't know if that's why I am still single, because I think i'm pretty. I have been very depressed and I don't know why. I really want to change how people view me. Any help. I don't want to be too quiet and shy but I don't want to be too loud and talkative. I want to have a little bit of both when I return to school after new years. Please help. Thanks. Lynae P.

by andsothelionfellinlovewiththelamb on 12/30/2011 2:30:36 PM

Good advice.
And I wish you good luck hon! You can get through anything.

by Malgal22 on 12/30/2011 2:12:51 PM

**********ATTENTION**********

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say there are some clubs that I would love everyone to join like The Walking Dead Fan Club,Gym Class Heroes Fan Club,Wrestling Divas Only and my new club Adele's #1 Fans so plz join those clubs Laughing thx

by Princess Keziyah on 12/30/2011 2:10:39 PM

Hey chicky, whenever you're around them just remember to stay true to your beliefs. Don't do anything you aren't comfortable doing or that you know is wrong. If you continue to loose yourself around them, you may have to consider not hanging with them anymore. It's better to be friends with people who like you for you. Hope this helps!! XoxoMOD MOD MOD
This year I made a lot of new friends and they are changing me. I used to be more nice and so against like swearing. They swear and can be inappropriate,but not that bad. They are changing me and I don't think I like it. I swear some now. I try to hold back, but its so hard when they do it. But the thing is, I still love them and they make me more popular and I can talk to them about anything. What should I do? Please help! Lynae P.

by scooby239 on 12/30/2011 1:11:15 PM

Hey girlfriend, start surrounding yourself with positivity. Hang around happy and encouraging friends. Watch movies and tv shows that make you laugh. Start doing things you enjoy. It may also help to begin your day with a positive thought. One day it could be "Today is going to be a great day" or "Today something great is going to happen" Eventually your attitude will begin to shift. Hope this helps! Xoxo

I'm kind of touchy and defensive, and I sometimes I can have a negative attitude. How do I pump up the positivity and turn my somewhat-insulting image around?? Lynae P.

by chilipeppa on 12/30/2011 12:34:16 PM

Mod mod mod!!! im selling my old bed finally and the buyers are just now deciding to get it tomorrow. im kinda nervous about change and i hate to see my old bed go that i have had for years. please help!!!! THANKS!

by 12maxandgretel on 12/30/2011 12:01:49 PM

Do you LOVE Bubzbeauty on Youtube? If so,this club is for you! We can discuss her videos on here Smile

Bubzbeauty Fan Club

by iluvmusic♥ on 12/30/2011 11:57:11 AM

Hey chicky, forget about him. He sounds like a loser anyway. If I were you I wouldn't pay him any attention. He didn't care about your feelings so why would you care about his? Hope this helps!! Smile xoxo

Last year my friends thought I should go out with this popular guy that was friends with their popular boyfriends. I didn't even want them to, but they told him he should go out with me. He said I was "weird looking" and "ugly". I don't think I'm ugly Frown I'm not the prettiest girl, but I didn't think I was THAT bad. Next year is highschool, and this year has been better since that guy moved up to highschool. How am I supposed to act around him? Should I just avoid him? He really hurt my self confidence. And for the record, he's not too cute. Why would he say this about me? Lynae P.

by Tokyogirl98 on 12/30/2011 11:09:33 AM

Hey girl, it doesn't sound like you need to change at all! Stay true to you. Xoxo

Im really outgoing and bold and just plain weird... But I like being that way and all my friends like me for me.. But inside I'm really a shy girl who gets pretty good grades... Should I stay the way I am? Lynae P.

by hermione&ron on 12/30/2011 10:04:26 AM

Hey! Need advice and tips on fashion, hair styles, skin care, or makeup? Then join Fashion Chica's! If you found one or more above interesting, just check it out! There are positions open, and we love new members! Just check it out and it will be worth it! Remember, If you need advice, we are your chica!

by ellie hills on 12/30/2011 9:30:59 AM

Hey chica, if you don't already, start talking to him. Wave and smile when you see him, and occassionally compliment him. Since you guys had that whole joking thing going on, start teasing him again. Pretend you need help with the homework or notes from the class you have with him and get him to help you out. Eventually when you're ready get his number. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

MODMODMODMOD
I really like this guy. Me and my friend teased him at the beginning of the year but now we both like him. A LOT. When I was REALLY hormonal, I wrote him a song. It's bad but I really do like him. I sit across from him in History and Math. How can I get him to notice and like me? Lynae P.

by howcutegirlccd on 12/30/2011 9:27:11 AM

Hey chica, you how everyone says the only way to overcome your fear is to face it? Well thats what you have to do. I used to be really really shy too, but I found that after I forced myself to start convos with people, I became much more comfortable being social. So make yourself join in on the conversations with your friends even if you don't have anything big to say. You could start by saying "yeah" or "i agree with you". And I'm sure your friends want you to talk, so have confidence know you can do it! Hope this helps!!! Xoxo

I have always been the shy girl. I really want to change this but it is kinda hard. I have this big goup of friends I hang out with and we kinda break into two little groups and it is hard to get into some of the conversations that are going on... I really want to have something to say when I listen to conversations but I just hardly ever talk. Every year I try and change this but I never am able to. Is there any easy way I can change this? Lynae P.

by JoRocks98 on 12/30/2011 2:35:02 AM

MOD!MOD!MOD! Ive been kinda of crazy, and outgoing and loud but in a bad way, I want to be quiet, and cute, so how do I change my rep?

Hey girlie,

There's nothing wrong with being outgoing and bold - but if you want to tone things down so you don't come across quite as "crazy," try putting sticky notes on your mirror at home, notebooks, in your backpack, on your cellphone, etc. reminding you to relax. They can all say something different, but the point is the same: they'll be reminders to reel it in, think before you speak, and act a little more poised Smile

by miz99 on 12/30/2011 12:26:39 AM

Would it be bad if I unleashed my inner gothic self after new years?

Of course not! I think it's a great plan to explore different sides of yourself and try new things in 2012 - as long as you're safe and not hurting yourself, that is. So if you want to express yourself with clothes/makeup, do it Smile

by novlist1307 on 12/30/2011 12:03:15 AM