11 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

14 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

15 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

How can I get my friend to pay up?

My bestie owes me money and always asks for more…

ok

by MikiK on 2/7/2012 6:19:51 PM

yeah:>

by MikiK on 2/7/2012 6:19:10 PM

you just tell them that you will not some times telling them directly you will not give them they get mad and after a while they will start talkin' 2 u again and they will be afraid 2 ask u again

by tushi on 2/7/2012 2:00:59 AM

That has happened 2 me 2 it is soooooo annoying!! I know how u feel take he advice carol gave u, it will totally help. Wink

by Bunnyluver on 1/25/2012 7:36:30 PM

If i were you,
i'd break our friendship
REAL friends are people who care for other peoples property
that money was your property,
and they OWE you
they can't get mad at you for that!
seriously
your wasting your money and time on those PEOPLE!
I would think, YOU deserve BETTER!

by emo_jade on 1/24/2012 8:26:25 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by vikiwasawoo on 1/17/2012 12:10:46 PM

Hey guys! Come join my club or ask me advice!!! My clubs are called Performance! and sealarfarf . Join now! Smile

by sealarfarf on 1/13/2012 11:13:31 PM

My friends "borrow" my cash alot to. Before I lend it to them i firmly tell them "You HAVE to remember to pay me back. O.K.? I'm saving up for a..." You get the point. And afterwords, like the next day or so, I remind them "Don't forget to pay me back that $5 you ow me. I'd like it back by..." And after a week or whenever they were told to have it back by tell them "I lent you some money and you promised to pay it back but havn't yet. I'm not mad at you but I need my money back. So please pay me back before I need to get others involved in this." It may make them feel a little uncomfortable(I know I'd feel that way)but they NEED to pay you back, you have to address that. You don't want friends borrowing cash and never paing you back. If you think about it, it's basically stealing. So try it, making people feel a bit embarrased or uncomfortable may seen kinda mean but it almost ALWAYS works.

by petpet123 on 1/13/2012 7:35:10 PM

Hi chicas! Wanna join my club u can change the world in the school/ studying section? Well the only thing you need is to need advice and join! But what is it about? Apart from being a place inn which you can socialize by recieving and giving advice to others, is for those who need advvice in school, studying, health, friends, fitness, among other things as well listed in the webpage. So, what are you waiting for? Joind Ucan change the world NOW! Laughing

by maeugeniap on 1/1/2012 1:54:28 AM

Thanks so much, Lauren C!

Of course, anytime! <3
Lauren C.

by mac1255 on 12/29/2011 9:30:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD: i know its long, but please read
ok so there's this chick in my p.e. class with a locker right next to mine and my friend's. At the beginning of the year, she ALWAYS followed me around & pretty much stalked us (shes super creepy!). Well, I noticed my friend, who is special ed, was really upset & had fingernail marks all over her arm. She told me she was scared and didnt know what to do about the mean girl. The day before we went on Christmas break, I confronted the mean girl & she cussed me out & punched me REALLY hard in the boob (weird...) . I swung back, & my friends had to pull us apart. The coach did nothing, but i will get in serious trouble if i talk to the coach about it, because of our school's policy. She has threatened my friends and i, & she is always sneaking up behind us trying to hit or trip us. I dont want me or my friends to get hurt. What should i do?

Hey girl,

I know you're worried about getting in trouble, but you have done nothing wrong here. Any aggression you showed was in self-defense. You have people to back you up and plenty of examples that show this girl's violent streak - so talk to a guidance counselor or trusted teacher as soon as possible. Tell them what she did to hurt your friend, that she's threatened you, and that you feel MAJORLY bullied by her.  Be honest and let them know you want help to protect yourself and your friends from her <3
Lauren C.

by mac1255 on 12/29/2011 9:11:27 PM

I totally hear what your saying. My freind always takes me and my moms money and lunch. She also lies to people to get attention and sympathy. She made people think she had cancer, and keeps telling everybody that she is going to lose her house when she and her mom just got new iphones. I say you stand up to her. My freinds owe me a total of 20 dollars and this particular freind keeps trying to get me to believe that she only owed me 2 dollars. She owes me 6 dollars. I will stand up to my freinds if you stand up to yours. I feel bad for you. I know what your going through. This freind takes my lunch, always saying, Can I have this, can I have that. if I say no she takes it anyways. its hard. So I say we both stand up to these freinds.

by coco1girl on 12/29/2011 1:41:53 PM

Thx Meghan D. for helping me with my prob!

by penguinstar on 12/25/2011 12:47:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD Ok so their was this issue where a sub pe male teacher touched me and i felt uncomfterble i told my principle and my mom the teacher is fired but i cant trust guys im scared around them how do i stop this feeling?Also im trying a find your innerself week where you do what you love best but i only have 3 things for 3 days baking,fashion and movie-a-thon help me with the other four i will try anything!

Hey girl, just answered this one. Check and see if you got my response. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by fashionguru6 on 12/23/2011 6:51:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD So im trying to find my true self since people influence me too much to act wrong so i picked out my true friends and eneded up with 2 so this week im doing a find-your-self week by doing what i love best but ended up with 3 things to do each day which is bake,fashion and movies..help me find the other 4 it really does not matte if i like them i just need to find what i love best and become a better person in life

Hey girl, are you into sports, doing hair or nails, painting, babysitting, playing with animals or blogging? Smile

Lynae P.

by fashionguru6 on 12/23/2011 6:44:58 PM

She's not your friend if she's stealing money. If you lend her money, give her a week to repay you.If she still hasn't paid you back after a week, kindly remind her. If she still hasn't well you know she is just using you.

Please visit my Advice Queen page! I really like to give advice to peeps Smile just post a question and i will answer it on your profile as soon as i see it.

by basketballcutie11 on 12/23/2011 5:17:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
ok so my friend has been acting all weird ever since we started to do this science project together. she wasn't doing any work and i was. i told her and she was like "its fine" which its not. and then, i had to finish my math quiz oneday during luch and my friend was havinig a little bday party for my friend which she arranged in a classroom and i couldnt make it. she got all mad and rolled her eyes. and lastly for sceince we had to do this sheet at the begining of class and she wasnt writing fast enough so she didnt copy it all down and she looked at me like it was all my fault. now she always asks me "are we still friends? u never talk to me?" which the truth is, ive been trying to igore her. but today she was all nice!!! do i have a frienemy or a mood swingin' friend? HELP!

Hey girl,

Whoa -- it sounds like you and your pal need to have a serious chat! Let her know that you didn't think what she did with the science project was fair, and that you really were bummed to miss your friend's party. Maybe you two can agree to leave the past in the past, and just move on. But if not, try looking into spending time making friends with some new girls, too!

Meghan D.

by penguinstar on 12/22/2011 4:36:08 PM

MOD mod MOD! Its almost christmas.(yay!) This year all of my family is coming over to my house. which i don't mind but I'm a terrible hostest. I want my guest to be intertained but i don't have any ideas. Last year my family held Thanksgiving and i was more than positive they were bored. Help!

Hey girlfriend, as long as you're having fun, you're guests will have fun. Be sure to set the mood by having Xmas music playing and maybe even a holiday movie. Greet everyone and offer them food and drinks. For guests who haven't been over before, show them around your house. Maybe play with the little kids and catch up with relatives you haven't seen in a while. Also take pictures! Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by stars2010 on 12/21/2011 7:03:32 PM

My friends use to do this to me! It eventually added up to about 100 dollars that they owed me. I told them if they did not pay my me back I would move lunch tables and there would be nobody to give them money (it was always at lunch). They said okay and payed me back. The next time they asked me I told them I did not have any money, or I did not have enough to share. They would complain a little, but if they are a true friend they with get over it!

by libstaa on 12/21/2011 6:40:29 PM

Hey,
My friends used to do this to me too so i know how you feel sadly you may not get your money back. So what I did was go to a different table and the girls eventually missed me too much and asked me what they can do to get me back i said give me my money and suprising they did. Try it ;)

Shannon

by shannon1621 on 12/21/2011 5:40:02 PM

MOD! Ever since my bf broke up with me I think he's been trying to make me jealous. I can't tell but I want him to stop. I want him to know that i don't care anymore. I've noticed he always hugs her around me and always tells me that she's pretty and stuff like that but they aren't dating! IS he trying to make me jealous or what?

Hey girl,

While it's possible that your ex is trying to make you jealous, he may also just be really into this girl! It sounds like it does bother you (at least a bit) since you're writing this, so maybe it's a sign that you should take some time away from him instead of trying to be friends.

Meghan D.

by sapphire_flamez on 12/21/2011 2:25:34 PM

MOD
I speak Hebrew. It's our family's language. Yet at school I am not allowed to speak it? They say it's because they can't understand us and they don't want "people like us" to go around spouting out their language. And that the ycan not understand us. Should I just let it be? And Not speak it anymore? Or?

If no one can understand you its kind of pointless to speak a certain language right? But if  you have a friend who also speaks hebrew then i dont see any issue with you speaking it with her. As long as you dont use it to make fun of people in a language they dont understand. As long as youre respectful of those who dont understand youre fine Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by The Russian Queen on 12/20/2011 6:05:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay so about a month ago, my friend told me in a text (And i quote this next part) that "It would be so easy. My dad has so many pills. I could take a few and..." and "Dont worry I'm not gonna do anything but I'm just thinking about what would happen." I saved the texts we sent to each other and I asked her if she could tell me every single time she thought about killing herself. So far shes told me every day and even multiple times a day. Every time, I talk her out of doing anything but I'm worried that one day, I won't be there to talk her out of it and she'll actually do it. She asked me not to tell anyone but I never actually promised not to. What can I do to save my friend?

Hey girly,

You might want to start by calling the suicide hotline that you can find here.

http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx . You should also try to encourage your friend to speak to a trusted adult. I hope this helps and Good Luck!

Catie C.

by metrostation3xx on 12/20/2011 2:11:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! For Christmas, I'm getting make-up from my mom .I'm getting eyeliner, mascara. How can I use it without looking drab? Tips pplease!

Hey Doll,

Spice up your eyeliner/mascara combo by trying these new eyeliner trends. My fave is a little color: try a swipe of colored mascara instead of plain for a fresh look. Just don't do all the trends at once–you don't want to look like a clown!
Rachel N.

by jasperrose on 12/19/2011 3:33:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Please don't take this question offensive or innaproppriate.
My family and I used to be friends with a gay couple. For a while, they were really nice, but all of a sudden, we had a fight/disagreement and are no longer friends. Before, the two men had all our numbers in case they needed to talk or wanted to meet my parents and I fordinner. Now I am getting creepy texts from the younger one. They are like "You are so beautiful" "Hey, smoochies" "How's my girlypoo?" and even "I miss ya. <3" I'm totally freaked out and my parents have told him to stop. He's threatened us though because our fight happened over calling and texting. I am keeping my phone off and saving the texts. what can I do?

Hey girl,

Keep your parents in the loop EVERY time you hear from him. Do not respond. No matter what he says, don't text back. I'm not a legal expert but if he starts saying more than just these creepy things, especially if he threatens you in any way, he could be guilty of harassment, stalking, and more. If it gets to be overwhelming, try asking your parents if you could change your number. Some carriers, like Verizon, lets you swap numbers for little or no charge. While these texts might be innocent and he might just miss you, they are crossing a major line - it's normal to feel creeped out. Keep your parents on your side and you'll be ok <3
Lauren C.

by KaleidoscopicDreams on 12/18/2011 12:10:07 PM

Hey chica

i can't believe they are doing this to you. That is just wrong and they are not wroth your time just like carol said. You need better friends.You should start asking money from them to show them what it's like to be in your position. Well i wish you the best luck in the world.

by zania on 12/17/2011 11:30:03 PM

Mod mod mod!!! My friend gets mad at me when I take my bgfs side in their fights. She blames him for stuf he didnt do and makes mean jokes about him. He made a joke about her once and she got really mad. When I ask her what he did she always says u know what he did and rolls her eyes. She will also say he told everyone who she likes, but he didn't. She's always making comments like, why r u still friends with that jerk. My bgf will sometimes ignore her texts, and she gets kinda mad cuz she knows he is texting me since I'm usually with her txting him. They don't even talk anymore. What can I do to show her hw never did anything and she kind of the mean one and other ppl r starting to think that. Thanks!!!

Hey girl, I think that is something they need to work out. It sounds like she has a problem with him, so she needs to talk it out with him. I wouldn't get too involved in this one, unless she asked for your advice or something. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by nmun2000 on 12/17/2011 8:52:22 PM

Dear Girl,

I had the same problem but i talked to my mom about and she said just don't give her any more money and you dont have to worry about it. If she ask then say im sorry but i have no money.

- Shybrick5

by shybrick5 on 12/17/2011 5:13:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! My profile is SUDDENLY not visible anymore Frown I never had any inappropriate things on it, I never was mean, I had no bad pics on it! What the heck is going on?

Hey chica, I'm not sure what's going on. Hopefully it will be viewable sometime next week. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by fungirl123 on 12/17/2011 4:56:59 PM

My friend, boyfriend, and all of my family thinks I'm controlling and bossy. I'm losing my friend and my boyfriend and my family doesn't like me very much. Is there anything I can do? I don't do it on purpose. I ask if they will do stuff. I dont think i make the do anything. (I'm also 13) What should I do? HELP!

Hey girl,

Instead of asking how they can do stuff, why not ask what you can do to help them? Your friends, bf and fam could probably use an extra hand around the holiday season, and they'll be impressed that you're asking what they want from you!

Meghan D.

by lovemag7 on 12/17/2011 11:58:29 AM

I would ask them why they are your friend, to see if they mention money. Or say that you have just as much money as them- which if they have 0$, they'll get it Smile

Join my club, 'Orchestra Nerds and Band Geeks.' It's a loose and fun club where we talk about anything and everything- But especially music Smile Go to my profile to join! svds

by svds on 12/16/2011 10:18:27 PM

Stand up to these girls and don't worry about what they think of you.If they are rude,hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger,right? =-)

by Bribri07 on 12/16/2011 9:16:33 PM

by Bribri07 on 12/16/2011 9:15:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD PLZ ANSWER
my friend asked the guy i like today if he would go out with me if i asked and he said no. but we think he's lying because he looks at me a lot, he looks straight in my eyes when he talks to me, and he's always trading papers with me (he's my peer grade buddy, he was assigned to me) and he laughs when i snort-laugh. could he be lying or should i move on? (thats gonna be hard, i like him a lot)

Hey girl,

He could've gotten awkward and didn't want to spill the beans, so he lied and said no. It's happened before to all of us - so things aren't over yet. Just try lightly flirting with him (compliment him, tease him, joke around, etc.) to see how he responds. As you grow more comfy around each other, he could totally open up! But he could have also been telling the truth, so try not to pressure him into anything. It could be true that he just wants to stay friends...which is great too, since he must be a good guy to become your crush Smile
Lauren C.

by tessascuzin287 on 12/16/2011 9:14:47 PM

People ALWAYS steal my gum and pencils. And my friends' excuses for gum are always something like, "My parents don't let me bring gum to school, though!" And I'm just like, "Well, I'm sure my parents don't want me wasting a few packs of gum in a week over random people!" And for the pencils.I never get them back because they just leave them in the classroom on PURPOSE. That's probably why they don't have any ;/

by lovetolaugh on 12/16/2011 4:27:26 PM

Hey girls! Join my club Mr. UNOpiggy. You know you want too...

by da:DaeSHINES on 12/16/2011 3:57:39 PM

Just don't bring money to school with you, or only bring enough for yourself. If they keep asking for your food, find other people to eat with I guess.

by Alle93 on 12/16/2011 3:16:00 PM