AN HOUR AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

2 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

2 HOURS AGO Calling all career cuties! Snag internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! RSVP right here: http://t.co/jo2w2Undss

COMMENTS

My BF didn't get me a gift

With Christmas around the corner, I'm not sure what to do...

Mod mod mod!!!
Both Christmas and my birthday just recently passed, and my boyfriend didn't get me anything. He asked what I wanted and said he was going to get me something. Also he recently stopped returning my calls/ texts and has been canceling all of our dates, and we barley see eachother at school but when we do, he says how he loves me. Im so confused!

Hey babe,

When you're in a relationship, you gotta feel totally comfy talking about your concerns with your BF. If you're not happy with the way things are going, talk to him one-on-one and be honest about it. Tell him you wish you could spend more time together, you're totally bummed he isn't talking or caring as much as he used to, etc. Say that you appreciate him telling you he loves you, but you wish he would show it. It might make him voice some concerns of his own (like maybe he's not ready for a relationship after all, or he's feeling stressed with school, etc.) ... it could make you both try harder or it could make you see you might need a break from each other. Either way, it's REALLY important to be honest so you can figure this out! <3
Lauren C.

by dodgey33 on 1/13/2012 11:16:34 PM

MOD (Lynae P.)
Thanks! I would, but when I asked my mom, she wants to get him a REAL card! Ugh, ya TRY to think outta the box! Anyways, she'll probably only have me write, "Happy Birthday! I hope this is this best day ever!" Or something else I didn't come up with. So, should I just TELL him that I think he's super cool & sweet to do the charity thing and his party is the best one I've ever been to?

Hey girly,

Although I may not be Lynae, I think that sounds like a great thing to write!

Catie C.

by amyrose99 on 1/12/2012 9:22:29 AM

Hey amyrose99, getting him something already shows him how much you care, so a homemade card would be a great gift. Maybe make it with his fave colors and write a heartfelt message in it. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD
This is inportant. See, my crush (who I may actualy be IN LOVE with) is having his b-day party this Saturday.But I will FIRST be seeing him Friday. He's taking donations to a charity instead of gifts which is SUPER sweet, but... I still wana give HIM something nice! Maybe a big (not really) home-made card that looks AWESOME!! But, is a home-made card enough? Or sould I do something more to really show him I care? Lynae P.

by amyrose99 on 1/11/2012 5:42:49 PM

lol what does mod mean??

by kaylablaze33098 on 12/23/2011 9:30:06 AM

Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod
Okay so this is just a little issue but... Before we were dating my boyfriend would say all these sweet things to me and would send me sweet texts. Now that were dating he's stopped. He's been boring, gotten too serious, and has stopped...flirting. I want that back, so what do I do?

Hey girlie,

YOU can flirt too, ya know! Smile Try making your relationship more lively by flirting with him like you used to, being a little touchy feely (hugs, kisses, holding hands), taking him out on cute and thoughtful dates, and spicing things up by changing your routine (like instead of texting, give him a call). Relationships take a little bit of work to keep them fresh! It's totally normal...and surprisingly easy to fix. Give it a try and see if things get better!
Lauren C.

by loves4life on 12/22/2011 9:20:00 PM

mod mod mod
i just moved far away and now the guy i like refuses to date me even though he does like me
and my friend always talks to me about how they always talk and stuff and how he invited her to his sports stuff
and it makes me uncomfortable -.-
what can i do to make him keep liking me cuz im afraid if we dont date, he'll stop liking me

Hey girl,

If you're worried about making your guy like you, that could be a sign of some issues with your relationship. You can't force someone to date you, so if he's not interested, maybe you should move on and find a guy who's interested in you!

Meghan D.

by SofiaP on 12/22/2011 4:34:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD! so my boyfriend and i have been going out for 8 months now and things are pretty serious. he's already planning his one year gift for me and i told him to limit it to $50, but he refuses. what do you think is a reasonable price range? thanks!!!!

Hey girl, I think $50 is okay, but if he wants to go all out for you why complain? You'll get a great gift! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by drpeppa23 on 12/21/2011 8:05:44 PM

In fourth grade I had a boy friend and a the new year I said hi and he said it's over I was so sad it took a whole year to move on it's so hard and I have a new boyfriend know and things are going awesome when he breaks up with me how do I handle if it happens again

by izzybrigham on 12/21/2011 11:20:52 AM

MOD!!!!!
My BGF and I dated for 4 weeks. Then he broke up with me last week bc he said he just wants me as a friend and isnt ready for a GF right now. then last week, he kissed me! and let him. then i kissed him back... i couldnt help it! D: since then weve texted normally, but now were on xmas break and wont see each other for like a month. what should i do?? its obvious we still have feelings for each other...should i let him kiss me, or not unless hes my BF again?? please help Frown

Hey Girl,

Feelings or no feelings, you're right, you shouldn't kiss him unless he's your BF again. By kissing him back after he broke up with you, you're telling him that it's ok to do BF-GF things without actually being exclusive, and you'll just end up getting hurt. A break will probably be good, you can take some time to see if you still like him and want to give the relationship another chance still. But if he won't date you, then you've gotta get over him and move on.
Rachel N.

by Alle93 on 12/19/2011 3:19:11 PM

MOD!!!!
hi Smile well, a while back, a friend told my crush i liked him...after that, we became friends, we mostly text, he was always too shy around me really to talk in person. the other day, we were kind of texting about our "situation," and i asked him if he believed what my friend told him, and he said "it definitely put ideas in my head...but i didnt want to believe it until i heard it from you," so a couple messages later i tell him how i feel, and he tells me he likes me back. well...now what? should i just wait till he asks me out? i'm so impatient, i cant stand not being with him, lol...and i know he wont get me a christmas present, but just to show him i care i was planning on making him cookies. would that be too much at this point, or is it a cute thing to do?

I think thats a wonderful idea! Def make him cookies. And if he doesnt ask you soon i say you ask him out! Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.