2 HOURS AGO You know you wanna wear a sweater on Thanksgiving...here's how to rock it: http://t.co/hhSGNIzUT6

5 HOURS AGO Need a style upgrade? Enter to win a pair of @mirabellagirl slouchies for your UGG boots: http://t.co/ggzprnMsbF

6 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls van get their flirt on: http://t.co/UCVNh5a7Wx

COMMENTS

Hate that gift? Here's the nicest way to deal

Worried about offending friends and fam? Dear Carol offers up some well-timed advice…

MOD!!!! MOD!!!! MOD!!!!
Im turning 13 saturday march 3rd i'm planing something (any thing in march) what should i do for my party?! my mom does a BIG party every other year and this is a BIG year so i can do something big what should i do?there are 7 girls! i plan on having them stay the night with me. what should i do? my mom also made the option to go to this indoor water park called french lick BUT i can only have 3 friends go the only problem is i told some friends about the french lick thing and i would not be able to invite them!

Hey GLgirl#1, you guys could have a total girls night. Grab your fave movies, nail polish and makeup. You guys could give each other makeovers, have a fashion show and take pics. Pop some popcorn and grab blankets and watch your fave movies. You could also do prank calls, just don't get too carried away. Hope this helps and have fun. Happy Early Birthday! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by GLgirl#1 on 2/29/2012 5:27:14 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
My little brother's birthday is coming up, and a few members in my family that smoke are coming to his party. My parent's let them smoke in my garage, which is attched the the house. This bothers me and my cousins a lot. I've tried to talk to my parents (who are both grossed out by cigarettes) about this, but they just get annoued with me. I hate the smell, and sometimes it drifts in to the house. It is my house too, and they should respect how I feel about this. I don't really know what to do. The smell of cigarettes is gross and embarasing. Please give me some advice on what I should say to my parents. Thanks.

Hey girlie,

I know this is tough - you have strong opinions on this issue and that's amazing, because second-hand smoke is NOT something to take lightly. But, at the end of the day, unfortunately it's your parents' decision. They probably want your family members to feel welcomed and at home, so they don't want to cause tension by asking them to move farther from the house. You could try coming up with an alternative to present to your parents (like designate another place the "smoking area" - a back patio, the front porch, etc.), but honestly it might be smarter to give this argument up. It's their choice whether they want to smoke - you could try moving to the other side of the house, going up to your room for a minute to "look for something," use the bathroom, or go outside for fresh air. I know this isn't ideal, but if you're in your parents shoes, you can kind of understand wanting to be a good host and compromising to make everyone happy. Try to compromise too and don't hold this against them <3
Lauren C.

by Lilla834 on 2/3/2012 10:19:20 PM

MODMODMOD ok so my b-day is in afew days and im scared someone will give me something i hate because a few weeks ago for some reason i was somewhat into lets say lego but now im not what do i do if i get some? I mean lets say that about legos i'll use em and kinda have fun but is it wierd to be doing stuff that's so immature?

Well if you get a gift you dont like hopefully you can return it. People often give gift receipts. Also you can donate the gift you dont like to a good cause so its put to use. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by pokerface16 on 1/24/2012 7:21:20 PM

this happened to me i just at least try to like it

by kykymasell on 1/21/2012 4:15:02 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by vikiwasawoo on 1/17/2012 12:09:55 PM

Hey gogreengal, yep it's crazy. You just have to ignore any negativity people throw your way.. Like Lady Gaga says " I'm beautiful in my way, cause God makes no mistakes" so remember that. And your weight has nothing to do with you not getting your period. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Dear Carol,
I'm starting to get really annoyed with the media. They have banned ads because the model had prominent bones. I am naturally this way and it hurts to think that people view other people this way. I also get a lot of snide comments about eating disorders. I am 5'4" and weigh 93 lbs. Also, will I never get my period if I am skinny? I'm 13, btw. thanks. Lynae P.

by -gogreengal- on 1/14/2012 3:22:08 PM

MOD I am a few days later than usual for my period, and it has been regular for about 6 months or more. I am not sexually active, I am a virgin, so I am not pregnant, and I recently went to the doctor and they said things were fine down there, so what's up? I know it sounds weird but I'm a little worried

Hey girlie,

A few days late is NO biggie! If you're not sexually active, it's not like pregnancy could be the cause of the delay. It's actually totally normal for periods to be late, even after months of it being regular. All kinds of stuff can affect it, like stress, changes in diet or sleeping patterns, etc. Don't worry about it - try to relax and go on with your life like normal. It'll come! <33
Lauren C.

by dancerhn on 1/12/2012 10:22:59 PM

Hey, if there is anyone out there who needs advice that isn't sugar coated, come talk to me, Oboe4ever. I cut through all the crud and give you an honest and straight forward answer. If that is an answer that you guys are looking for, contact me. Thanks and ttygl!

-Oboe4ever
Laughing

by oboe4ever on 1/4/2012 8:14:14 PM

Need Advice? Then come to me KitKat! I can help with ANY problem! Like Friends, Boys, Parties, Beauty, Fashion and even Dance! Just leave me a question on my page and Ill answer ASAP!!! Im always willing to help Smile

by KitKat10101010 on 1/3/2012 11:04:14 PM

Hi! Can someone join my club U can change the world! in the school/studying category ? Join if you need help and advice

by maeugeniap on 12/31/2011 7:04:18 PM