2 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

6 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

7 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

Hate that gift? Here's the nicest way to deal

Worried about offending friends and fam? Dear Carol offers up some well-timed advice…

MOD!!!! MOD!!!! MOD!!!!
Im turning 13 saturday march 3rd i'm planing something (any thing in march) what should i do for my party?! my mom does a BIG party every other year and this is a BIG year so i can do something big what should i do?there are 7 girls! i plan on having them stay the night with me. what should i do? my mom also made the option to go to this indoor water park called french lick BUT i can only have 3 friends go the only problem is i told some friends about the french lick thing and i would not be able to invite them!

Hey GLgirl#1, you guys could have a total girls night. Grab your fave movies, nail polish and makeup. You guys could give each other makeovers, have a fashion show and take pics. Pop some popcorn and grab blankets and watch your fave movies. You could also do prank calls, just don't get too carried away. Hope this helps and have fun. Happy Early Birthday! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by GLgirl#1 on 2/29/2012 5:27:14 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
My little brother's birthday is coming up, and a few members in my family that smoke are coming to his party. My parent's let them smoke in my garage, which is attched the the house. This bothers me and my cousins a lot. I've tried to talk to my parents (who are both grossed out by cigarettes) about this, but they just get annoued with me. I hate the smell, and sometimes it drifts in to the house. It is my house too, and they should respect how I feel about this. I don't really know what to do. The smell of cigarettes is gross and embarasing. Please give me some advice on what I should say to my parents. Thanks.

Hey girlie,

I know this is tough - you have strong opinions on this issue and that's amazing, because second-hand smoke is NOT something to take lightly. But, at the end of the day, unfortunately it's your parents' decision. They probably want your family members to feel welcomed and at home, so they don't want to cause tension by asking them to move farther from the house. You could try coming up with an alternative to present to your parents (like designate another place the "smoking area" - a back patio, the front porch, etc.), but honestly it might be smarter to give this argument up. It's their choice whether they want to smoke - you could try moving to the other side of the house, going up to your room for a minute to "look for something," use the bathroom, or go outside for fresh air. I know this isn't ideal, but if you're in your parents shoes, you can kind of understand wanting to be a good host and compromising to make everyone happy. Try to compromise too and don't hold this against them <3
Lauren C.

by Lilla834 on 2/3/2012 10:19:20 PM

MODMODMOD ok so my b-day is in afew days and im scared someone will give me something i hate because a few weeks ago for some reason i was somewhat into lets say lego but now im not what do i do if i get some? I mean lets say that about legos i'll use em and kinda have fun but is it wierd to be doing stuff that's so immature?

Well if you get a gift you dont like hopefully you can return it. People often give gift receipts. Also you can donate the gift you dont like to a good cause so its put to use. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by pokerface16 on 1/24/2012 7:21:20 PM

this happened to me i just at least try to like it

by kykymasell on 1/21/2012 4:15:02 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by vikiwasawoo on 1/17/2012 12:09:55 PM

Hey gogreengal, yep it's crazy. You just have to ignore any negativity people throw your way.. Like Lady Gaga says " I'm beautiful in my way, cause God makes no mistakes" so remember that. And your weight has nothing to do with you not getting your period. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Dear Carol,
I'm starting to get really annoyed with the media. They have banned ads because the model had prominent bones. I am naturally this way and it hurts to think that people view other people this way. I also get a lot of snide comments about eating disorders. I am 5'4" and weigh 93 lbs. Also, will I never get my period if I am skinny? I'm 13, btw. thanks. Lynae P.

by -gogreengal- on 1/14/2012 3:22:08 PM

MOD I am a few days later than usual for my period, and it has been regular for about 6 months or more. I am not sexually active, I am a virgin, so I am not pregnant, and I recently went to the doctor and they said things were fine down there, so what's up? I know it sounds weird but I'm a little worried

Hey girlie,

A few days late is NO biggie! If you're not sexually active, it's not like pregnancy could be the cause of the delay. It's actually totally normal for periods to be late, even after months of it being regular. All kinds of stuff can affect it, like stress, changes in diet or sleeping patterns, etc. Don't worry about it - try to relax and go on with your life like normal. It'll come! <33
Lauren C.

by dancerhn on 1/12/2012 10:22:59 PM

Hey, if there is anyone out there who needs advice that isn't sugar coated, come talk to me, Oboe4ever. I cut through all the crud and give you an honest and straight forward answer. If that is an answer that you guys are looking for, contact me. Thanks and ttygl!

-Oboe4ever
Laughing

by oboe4ever on 1/4/2012 8:14:14 PM

Need Advice? Then come to me KitKat! I can help with ANY problem! Like Friends, Boys, Parties, Beauty, Fashion and even Dance! Just leave me a question on my page and Ill answer ASAP!!! Im always willing to help Smile

by KitKat10101010 on 1/3/2012 11:04:14 PM

Hi! Can someone join my club U can change the world! in the school/studying category ? Join if you need help and advice

by maeugeniap on 12/31/2011 7:04:18 PM

Well, most likely you would get a receipt. Return it and get something you truly want. Its happened to me before. Yes, I returned, got store credits and got myself some cool things I really wanted.

by danielle.kirby.kid on 12/29/2011 12:20:39 PM

How do I delete a club I made on Girlslife? Thanx Smile

by rockergirl41598 on 12/28/2011 8:38:37 PM

Ahhh this used to happen to me a lot but as I got older, the more people figured out my style so I got great gifts. Hope this helps too!! <3

by Birdgirly11 on 12/25/2011 8:32:18 PM

@butterflygirl18 omg I love Girl Scouts I've been in it since I was in Pre K and I'm a Caddette

by ThePinkyyyyyyyyy on 12/24/2011 11:38:22 AM

Thanks so much mods! You guys make GL ROCK! <3

by paramoregurl on 12/23/2011 11:11:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Ok well lat week my guy criend got into my backpack and found my period supply bag. He took it out of my bag and was like ohhh whats this?! So i gave him a im -gonna -kill -you -if -you -say anything- else look and he gave it back. But how can i stop this from happeneing again? We dont have lockers so thats not an option thanks <3

Hey girlie,

Just guard your bag! It's natural for guys (and girls) to be curious, but they really have no right going through your things. So keep an eye on them and if they start to go through it, snatch it up and say, "Nope! That's my stuff, not yours!" in a joking way Smile No big deal!
Lauren C.

by paramoregurl on 12/23/2011 11:01:06 PM

I weigh ... lbs and i am 5'1 but all of my fats right i front and its really akward and i don't know what to do help

Hey girlie,

If you're feeling insecure about your bod, try mixing some regular cardio with a more well-balanced, healthier diet! It'll make you feel empowered, confident, and wayyy more comfy in your own skin - because you'll feel healthier and productive. Every other day for about 60 minutes (or as often as you can), you could jog, power walk, go for a vigorous bike ride, do a kickboxing DVD, play a game of soccer with your besties...anything to get your heart rate up! <3
Lauren C.

by hayhay123 on 12/23/2011 10:39:06 PM

f u need advice on anything at all come to my profile page or my advice queen page<3 I guarantee that I will answer ur question as fast as possible and I will give u the best advice that i can!!!!(:
rep

by artistchic99 on 12/23/2011 9:59:57 PM

Class of 2016 Club
Join if you're currently in 8th grade!
We talk about:
Money Making
Summer
Music
Movies
Books
Anything....so PLEASE JOIN!
Only if you're in 8th grade plz!

by ButterflyGirl18 on 12/23/2011 9:23:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD @Lynae P. Oh ok, thanks. It wasn't inappropriate, so I guess I'm good, lol

Yup no worries. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by clem10 on 12/23/2011 7:39:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ Lynae P. But I didn't have a question, I just posted a comment and then it said Ana D. at the end for no reason, I'm confused...

My only guess is that she wrote a comment but it didn't post. No worries if it wasn't inapporpriate. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by clem10 on 12/23/2011 7:09:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD How come none of my comments ever show up???? They're not inappropriate or anything......

Hey girl, you were sending in chain letters and we don't post them. A response to an article or a question for us is perfectly fine. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 12/23/2011 6:54:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does it say Ana D. at the bottom of my comment????????????????????????????????????????

Hey gir, the name of the mod who answered your question was Ana. The answer she wrote to you must not have sent. If you still need help let me know. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by clem10 on 12/23/2011 5:56:41 PM

The girl in this picture's eyebrows look kinda unnatural, just sayin'...

by volleyball514 on 12/23/2011 5:46:07 PM

i always give out a list or just tell them i want gift card.
Need advice? check out the club girl power<3 where you can get advice on anything! no question is too weird. Want to be VP? Comment it on the club

by naomiii on 12/23/2011 5:21:59 PM

I just got the best Christmas present ever- my very first kiss from my very first boyfriendSmile

by sarah.sjworm on 12/23/2011 4:52:03 PM

by krazykotabug on 12/23/2011 3:43:26 PM

Take the gift and appercatie it, the giver thought to get you a gift that is all that matters.

by meganbenedict on 12/23/2011 2:37:15 PM

my family always gives ideas

by millia7 on 12/23/2011 12:14:57 PM

Happy Hanukkah! Can't wait for my fourth nightly gift! Yay!

by Charlotte12sky4 on 12/23/2011 12:09:08 PM

**********ATTENTION**********

Are you a fan of The Walking Dead? If you are then join The Walking Dead Fan Club!!!!!!!!!! Where we talk about the show and even the books Laughing Even if you don't know what it is yet you want to know then you can still join Smile

by Princess Keziyah on 12/23/2011 11:59:22 AM

Also maybe you could say that you think that it's a fantastic too expensive and give it back.

by Princess0412 on 12/23/2011 11:23:14 AM

One friend got me tons and tons of mint gum when I told her like twice that I didn't like mint gum. I just took it with a smile. Smile

Join my club, 'Orchestra Nerds and Band Geeks.' It's a loose and fun club where we talk about anything and everything- But especially music Smile Go to my profile to join!!

by svds on 12/23/2011 10:55:27 AM

What to do when your Aunt gets you a dress that too small and she says "Oh, I thought you were skinnier!"... Frown

by fungirl123 on 12/23/2011 8:50:03 AM

I agree with malgal22

by nerdisthewurd26 on 12/23/2011 8:33:27 AM

Wow, I remember a lot of b-day prezzies that I didn't like but Christmas is always good, I remember my Grandmom and Grandpop always would buy my sister and I prezzies and say that Santa woke him up i the middle of the night and asked him to give the presents to us, that was absolutely the greatest! Except I caught my mom putting prezzies under the tree one year and I went running to Grandmom and told her that my mom was trying to be Santa, LOL! I was like 7, but I didn't realize it until I was around 8, maybe 9, but yeah, Christmas is one of my favorite holidays anyways Smile Ana D.

by clem10 on 12/23/2011 7:02:05 AM

I always prepare myself for the worst in the beginning- just say "Thanks so much!" and offer up a hug. It will have a use.......eventually.......... Smile

by basketballcutie11 on 12/23/2011 6:55:05 AM

That's happened to me before, but many people in my family are awesome gift givers! On some occasions though, I do have to make my list very specific (exact name, what color, where itt can be found, etc.) or just ask for money and debits.

Anyway, come check out my club, DIY queens, for crafts and recipes!!

Happy holidays! Laughing

by Tinyfire14 on 12/23/2011 1:49:24 AM

Good tips. It always seems like I get duds for Christmas prezzies.

Babes! Need quickie advice? Come to me! Honest and to the point Smile