3 HOURS AGO Real talk—my room was clean... then I needed a shirt: http://t.co/zfG1nfcONo

6 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

7 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

COMMENTS

Post-holiday DIY detox face mask

A li'l face time R&R for the post-holiday haze.

MOD! MOD! MOD! I have a lot of blackheads and popping them doesn't work and it makes my pores look bigger. Is there anything I can do to make them go away and prevent new ones? I've tried various cleansers, scrubs, masks, and strips but nothing seems to work!

Hey girl,

You're right to not pop them--that will lead to scars! Try using an exfoliating face wash with salicylic acid and following up with moisturizer. If that doesn't help, ask your mom about visiting a dermatologist for pro skin advice!

Meghan D.

by infinitykiss on 11/24/2012 11:25:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Will it hurt my dry skin? Or irritate it?

Hey girl!

It's possible that it could irritate your skin if it's really, really dry. But the recipe has cucumber in it which is very soothing for the skin so you should be OK!

Rachael A.

by laurenlolli on 8/6/2012 10:36:32 AM

Mod Mod Mod
Do you have any other summer mask recipes that are quick and easy?

Hey girl!

Avocado face masks and oatmeal face masks are popular. There are tons of recipes online that are super quick and easy.

Rachael A.

by laurenlolli on 8/6/2012 10:34:37 AM

Does it work well?

by laurenlolli on 8/5/2012 12:21:36 PM

How can you make cucumber juice? My guess would be to put a couple cucumbers in a blender or Magic Bullet and blend it up with some water or something but that's probably wrong...

by blondie214 on 7/15/2012 5:02:51 PM

This looks really cool! I love how it uses fresh ingredients! Does it require cumcumber juice? I have everything I need, but that

by Camicakes on 7/10/2012 10:41:05 AM

Mod Mod Mod ok so the recipe that u recommended to me was the exact same 1 i have already made and tried i did like it but i need something new. i hav also made one with bananas that i like but i need 1 for ur pores.

Hey girl,

Sorry, we don't have any others on our site right now but I'll pass your suggestion along to our editors! <3 In the meantime, you could try Googling for other face mask recipes!
Lauren C.

by daisie5 on 6/7/2012 6:42:39 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod
ok so i have been looking through gl's website and haven't been able to find any other recipes for scrubs for your body, face, hand, or feet!!! i found 1 but it has eggs in it and i'm allergic and i get itchy if i eat or touch them!!!! please send more recipes for homemade scrubs without eggs!!!!

Hey girlie,

Try this one!

Lauren C.

by daisie5 on 6/7/2012 6:20:03 PM

I tried this and it felt awesome! My skin felt clean and smooth after I washed it off. Will defenetly do this again!

by ponygirl6298 on 5/7/2012 7:57:49 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Two questions-what is the age limit for proactiv?
I need a really fast way to get rid of the little pimples scattered on my face. Is there any way to get rid or improve them?
Thanks!

Hey Chica!

Ask your parent or guardian if your thinking about ordering Proactiv. But GL has plenty skincare solutions, too! The best tip is to wash your face everyday (twice a day, if you remember) to keep dirt from settling in your pores.

Here are some other basic tips to get rid of pimples and blackheads: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/02/01/skin-pimples-blackheads.aspx

And here are some ways to get rid of pimples super quick: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/22/I-have-a-zit--just-in-time-for-NYE.aspx

Marisa D. Marisa D. Marisa D.

by greenbluepurple1 on 5/7/2012 12:41:19 PM