1 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

2 HOURS AGO You’ve got your costume—now spook out your house. 4 ways to make your place scary stylish: http://t.co/4LYak7b5vh #DIY

3 HOURS AGO Get so-pretty Homecoming hair without the salon!: http://t.co/fRGFJyeRem

COMMENTS

Celebrating Hanukkah with a friend? What to know before you go

The 411 on understanding and enjoying this seasonal celebration...

this is great, but hannukah isnt so formal as you make it sound. this would be great if your friend was orthadox, but at all other houses they dont dress up or serve a feast. as minienstwin said, this is a minor holiday.

by bass2001 on 12/24/2012 12:13:01 PM

Hey girl! You should clue your mom or someone you trust into what's going on. It's probably no big deal but sounds like something a doctor would know more about. It's totally stuff they're experienced with so don't feel shy. Let them know what's up so you can get the proper care!

xo
Taeler L.

by Gracie206 on 12/8/2012 12:00:09 AM

oh, don't be surprised if there isn't a feast, Hanukkah is one of the least important jewish holidays, just cause its at the same time as Christmas doesn't mean that its the same thing, the most important ones are Shabbat, Rosh Hashana and Passover, that's when jews celebrate. also in the post before im not saying that I disliked that finally I can see a article about a holiday that I actually celebrate, its just cant you treat it the same way as you treat chrismas, like its kind of like if most americans were jewish and you had all these things about hannukkah celebrations and then your one article about Christmas was just saying how to celebrate it.

by miniebstwin on 12/7/2012 11:16:41 PM

I don't know any people who are Jewish and I am Christian but my mom has made fried potato pancakes a couple times. She doesn't know that they are Jewish but they truly are delicious!!! Smile

by BabyDahl13 on 12/7/2012 9:33:03 PM

i'm relly happy that for once theres something about Hanukkah, but still you make it sound like everybody on girls life is christen, I mean I saw something that I thought was gonning to be about Hanukkah like the things about Christmas are about Christmas,but really its just telling everybody who doesn't celebrate Hannukka what it is.

by miniebstwin on 12/7/2012 6:47:31 PM

I went to my best friends house last year for Hanukkah and I'm pretty much good but this is really nice! I know some of the prayers because I've gone to temple more than I've gone to church recently lol.

by xxnycbeauty on 12/7/2012 5:00:52 PM

I'm jewish! its nice to get some appreciation!!

by yoli on 12/7/2012 3:59:28 PM

Thnx GL!! its nice to get some notice for once ( I'm jewish) all the christmas stuff is a little annoying... they never acknowledge any other religion-- as if christians are everything and other religions mean nothing
...so thnx GL!!

by yoli on 12/7/2012 3:57:37 PM

Happy Hanukkah, merry Xmas, & happy Kwanzaa. What matters is spending it with your family & besties if u agree comment

by brsbrs123 on 12/24/2011 10:36:47 AM

I'm not Jewish nor do I know somebody that is but when I do have a friend that's Jewish I will deff use this article THNX GL!

by thepinkyyyyyyyyy on 12/22/2011 12:28:23 PM