1 HOURS AGO We created the ultimate checklist of things to think about while you hunt for the perf workout class!: http://t.co/eU6WdAeW0s

2 HOURS AGO Sweet treats: 6 good enough to eat beauty products!: http://t.co/ylzXi1F6QX

4 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 go glam from lips to tips with @paulfranktweets’s makeup set from @MichaelsStores: http://t.co/XrbLQcGrR7

COMMENTS

Celebrating Hanukkah with a friend? What to know before you go

The 411 on understanding and enjoying this seasonal celebration...

ok guys christmas dosn't equal hannuka doesn't equal kwanza! they're really very different holidays. My dad's jewish and he told me that while really fun, hannuka isn't really a very religious holiday. not like christmas, which is the 2nd most important christian holiday! also, i know many people of african heritage, and not one of them celebrates kwanza. i looked into it and kwanza was actually created only like 50 years ago by a proffessor, and isnt an ancient holiday like christmas or even hannuka! also, if we're going to mention every winter solstice holiday, why not mention diwali, the indian winter festival of lights? seriously guys, its not fair to say that hannuka and kwanza are just as important as christmas, even though they happen at the same time. not to say that they're not important! however i will say that christmas is most definitely over advertized, and rudely shoved in people of other religions faces. i dont want to offend anyone r anythng but im just saying the truth

by cocoabean114 on 12/21/2011 8:57:36 PM

by cocoabean114 on 12/21/2011 8:56:17 PM

Thank you for posting about Hanukkah!!!! I get sick of hearing just about Christmas!!! But, you don't have to dress up. It's fine to wear leggings, or jeans, and on the 1st night I wore sweatpants! It doesn't matter, as long as you are nice and have a good time Smile

by stargirl12345 on 12/21/2011 6:05:55 PM

My best friend is Jewish and I've celebrated Hannukah with her before. Latkes are amazing, by the way. I already knew a bunch of these things though, but it was pretty interesting!

by miaboo123 on 12/21/2011 4:53:29 PM

Nice article. I'm not Jewish, and none of my friends are, but I still find it interesting. Also, for some reason in preschool (going back ten years...) they decided to teach us about Hanukkah. I remember playing the Dreidel game, and I assure you it was fun. Well anyways, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa and Merry Christmas! Meghan D.

by HogwartsStudent on 12/21/2011 4:05:45 PM

Thank You so much, GirlsLife. Most websites just keep talking about Christmas, and it nice of you to include an article about Channukah. It also means something to me, as I am Jewish. Maybe you should post something about Kwanza, to fully recognize all holidays.

Happy Holidays!

by e2000 on 12/20/2011 8:43:26 PM

Sounds interesting and fun!! ;) I don't celebrate hanukkah but to those of you who, Happy Hanukkah!! And Merry Christmas Laughing

by nuts4pbcups on 12/20/2011 7:12:12 PM

Neat!

by svds on 12/20/2011 7:11:11 PM

Thanks for doing an article on Chanukah! I'm Jewish, and love to see that you're including our holiday. Although Chanukah is not a major major holiday in our religion, it's a fun coincidence that it's around the major Christian holiday Christmas. It's always fun to get in the holiday spirit Smile Happy Chanukah!

by egf.lizzie on 12/20/2011 7:05:08 PM

Lovely tips! I have no Jewish friends but you never know when occasions arise. Smile

I commend you, GL for the great article. It's very commendable that you are respecting other religions as well as the Christmas season.

Ho-Ho-Ho! Smile Happy Holidays!

by Malgal22 on 12/20/2011 6:48:55 PM