AN HOUR AGO Don't miss all the fun at Fash Bash 2014! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/hxOEzrhlmp

4 HOURS AGO 6 ways to revamp your fresh veggies: http://t.co/uVLIaiXDOB

5 HOURS AGO The trick to beating body envy: http://t.co/e3zU4Mbgnb

COMMENTS

Fading - An original short story

Hey chicas! We love how honest this original short story written by a GL reader about drifting apart from your best friend is. Check it out and...

Wow, this is really good! It felt like u were talking to a diary, im looking forward to reading something else soon Smile

by LioChan. on 12/21/2011 7:58:17 PM

omg! this made me tear up. its so true! i actually went through this with my first friend. we were 5 when we met. it was so sad.

anyway, u are an amazing writer!!!!!!!! Smile u should get a book published!

by smg135 on 12/21/2011 6:44:56 PM

This is SUCH a great piece! You're a very talented writer; I would love to see more of your stuff on here! Smile

by futureauthor19 on 12/21/2011 6:14:21 PM

@Lynae P: thank you!!!

No prob glad I could help!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by dramaqueen122 on 12/21/2011 5:59:29 PM

It sucks when that happens :/

by kaylarocks2000 on 12/21/2011 5:42:13 PM

MODMODMOD so i used to have a super close group of 4 friends. they were always ONLY friends with each other though and i had different friends. however my bff and i grew apart and just stopped talking and then i grew apart from another 1 of my friends too. the other friend and i talk a lot but when she's with the other friends she says bad things about me but we are super good friends and have a great time...when we aren't with them. i don't know whether i should just forget them or try to be friends again b/c i wish i was. what to do?!

Hey girly, maybe you could organize a girls night out for you all. Have them spend the night over your house, watch some good movies and have food and drinks. While you guys are together talk about your friendship. Ask why you guys split up and if they still want to be friends. Talking everything out will work everything out. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by dramaqueen122 on 12/21/2011 5:20:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD I may be being sensitive, but my friends got me really thoughtless gifts this year. I get that not everyone has lots of money-but that's not what I'm getting at. I got all spirit-y gift-serious this year. So maybe I shouldn't be this disappointed that my friends didn't really care about this holiday as much as I do?? Thanks!

Hey chica, no I understand where you're coming from. Being that they're your friends, they should put some thought into what they're buying you. But money could've been a big factor for them, and maybe they did get you thoughtful gifts you just didn't like them. I have some friends who don't buy me anything, so at least they got you something. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by svds on 12/21/2011 5:15:46 PM

That sounds like it was terrible for the girl who had to go through this. She doesn't deserve it. Nobody does. I am getting bullied by a girl in my class, and she won't give up. I don't listen, though. Actually, I completely ignore her. So do all the other girls. She used to be popular, but now she is like scum on a public toilet. Absolutely nobody cares about her anymore. She deserves it too. To that girl: I was nice enough to not tell everyone your name! Please JUST STOP. You are being a big jerk, and you will become a small bit of hatred to everyone.

by sissis1430 on 12/21/2011 4:44:35 PM

I just had a fallout with my bff. She told me we need to take a break and that we're not as close anymore. She won't tell me the reason. On Tuesday I gave her a Christmas gift and she gave it back saying she didn't deserve it. Now she's with a girl who hates me and is a two -face! A year ago we were inseparable. Now she won't tell me what happened. I don't know what to do about this!

Hey girl,

Sorry about you and your bff. If asking her in person why she doesn't want to hang anymore doesn't work, try sending her an email or written note explaining how you feel and that you miss her. (Mentioning that you don't like her new BFF won't help anything, so leave that out if you want to mend your relationship!). She may be dealing with some personal issues she has to work out. If she doesn't get back to you, give her some time and space to work things out and focus on finding some new friends.

Meghan D.

by yellowfluff on 12/21/2011 4:07:02 PM

Hey girlys, GL is happy you enjoy all the stories/news/advice We give you! Come to my profile & tell me why YOU like GL! You have anything you are just dieing to ask? Tell me & we will get back to you ASAP Girls Smile. Meghan.S

by Emma2112 on 12/21/2011 2:46:59 PM