8 MINUTES AGO 5 Xmas smoothies that prove holiday treats CAN be healthy: http://t.co/YDVZvghmQg

AN HOUR AGO Hooray it's Sag season, but don't worry! We've got #horoscopes for every sign: http://t.co/2XrudTgsb8

2 HOURS AGO @michdeprince's Taking Flight is the ultimate underdog story! Enter to win a free copy from @randomhouse today: http://t.co/UT0nfOKARJ

COMMENTS

A li'l pee problem

I think I might have a weak bladder. Do I have to go to the doc?

MOD MODM MOD
my hands get really sweaty and i dont know why or how to stop it....

Hey girlie,

Luckily, you're not alone with this problem! We've got some articles that can help ya Moral of the story: don't be afraid to talk to your doc about this!

Lauren C.

by natbe99 on 1/12/2012 10:16:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
Is it normal for the blood of your period to smell? My smells kinda strong, but not so strong people notice it.
Also, is it normal for the vagina to smell? I feel like mine smells bad, but my doctor and my mom says it's totally normal.

Hey girlie,

Yep, both are totally normal! Just make sure you bathe regularly to keep yourself feeling fresh and clean. If you need a little "clean boost" in between showers, try getting feminine hygiene wipes and carrying them in your purse. The only time this isn't normal is if any odor comes with an itch. If that happens, get to your doc - it could be a yeast infection and you need to get that taken care of! <3
Lauren C.

by Phoenix In Flight on 1/7/2012 10:51:45 PM

Hey Tayincali, just let her know you feel more comfortable in the thongs. She shouldn't get too mad. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

MOD MOD!!!! so today I went to the mall with my friend, and we both got thongs, so I got 2 thongs and and like 5 regular underwear from pink because they were having a big sale. I told my mom I got underwear but didnt tell her I got thongs, I only got them so I won't have pantylines when I wear my yoga pants, and my mom always saysoh were bigger underwear so you won't have pantylines. But I want to tell her I got thongs!! WHAT SHOULD I SAY???????? thanks in advance Smile Lynae P.

by Tayincali on 1/6/2012 6:37:07 PM

You're fine! I have the same exact thing, don't sweat it! Just don't rush yourself in the bathroom. Stay a little longer than you would normally. Trust me

by meowkitten on 1/4/2012 1:02:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So I have a question about our holes "down there". So we have one at our butt and then another in the front where we release eggs from (vagina), but do we pee from that same hole? I am assuming that we don't but if we don't, then from where?
-Confused...-

Hey girlie,

Totally understand your confusion! (You've got it correct so far.) We pee out of a much smaller hole just above the vagina. It's normal to wonder/explore, so no harm in asking Smile
Lauren C.

by sabrita on 12/29/2011 7:56:12 PM

i play soccer and i had my period one time when i had practice. i wanted to try using a tampon so i went to the bathroom and followed the steps to insert it. it didn't feel right because it felt like it was going to one side. i decided to just take it out but when i tried, i felt like if i pulled it out, i would yank my inner organs along with it. it was so hard taking it out and took me a good 5 minutes until it was finally out and started to cry because it was painful. when i looked down there to see what was up, i noticed that my vagina has two holes! it looked like there was a wall of skin in the middle of it. it is like looking up at your nose. is there something wrong with me? will it go away on its own or do i need surgery or something? i told my mom about it but she just brushed it off.

by Haru.no.Hana on 12/28/2011 4:36:21 PM

Modmod..
I am itchy "down there" and in my butt a little and I'm dizzy. Does this sound like a yeast infection?

Hey Girl,

A yeast infection won't make you dizzy, but it could be the reason your itching! Head to your doc for a test, or pick a home one up at your drugstore (they're made by vagisil).
Rachel N.

by mimi_girl12 on 12/28/2011 12:45:24 PM

MOD!
Okay, so just 10 minutes ago when I woke up, I had to go to the bathroom. So I take of my pants and such, and there is white, odorless, clumpy sticky discharge! EW! It was a clump and it was sticky and gross. What was this? I'm 12 and I don't have my period!

Hey girl,

Don't worry, discharge is totally normal! We have a whole post about this, read it here! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/02/04/period-qa-discharge.aspx

Kathryn S.

by LoveHappens on 12/28/2011 12:21:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Help! I have to go to this HUGE Christmas Feast in 5 Hours! I really don't want to go to it! I also DON'T eat pork and where I'm going, I think they're going to have ALOT of it! I don't like Family/friend Get togethers, they're always so AWKWARD! People always comment about how "TALL" I'm getting, then I get ALL of the attention for the REST of the event! I don't want all eyes on me, and I just DON'T want to go!!!!

Hey girl,

Sorry, but there's no getting out of this - you don't want to go, but you have to. It's a holiday - and holidays are best spent with loved ones! So try to turn around your negative thinking into positives. Instead of thinking, "Ugh I hate pork, I'll have nothing to eat," get excited about the pie desserts, or cranberry sauce, or green bean casserole, etc. Instead of focusing on those awkward "you're growing up so fast!" convos, think of the loved ones you'll get to see who you haven't seen for a long time (grandparents, cousins) - you're lucky to have a big family who want to pay attention to you, even if you don't like it so much. It's because they love you! Try to be thankful for the things you have and use today as a chance to enjoy that. It's only ONE day a year - you can get through this <3
Lauren C.

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 12/25/2011 10:43:36 AM

Stand up over the toilet and then sit back down It will help the rest of the pee come out. I used to have the same problem.

by jaw101999 on 12/24/2011 12:06:38 AM