4 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

7 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

8 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

Beat the holiday blues

3 ways to snap out of the Christmas slump

Hey aourada, we're really happy that you're posting things on GL but we ask that you stop writing chain letters. We don't have them on here. Thanx so much for understanding. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by aourada on 2/18/2012 5:00:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay so I have a big problem. You know how people my age (thirteen-fourteen-ish) listen to a lot of FM radio stations like KIIS FM and MY FM? I listen to that, but I also love to listen to Radio Disney. Like I like to win their prizes and all that. That's becoming a huge problem for me, because I think that I am way too old for that now and I want to stop. Can you help me?

Hey girl! I think it's great that you are staying true to yourself. If you love Radio Disney, then listen to it! Just because other people your age are doing something, it doesn't mean that it is always right for you. My taste in music varies a lot because I like different radio stations for different reasons. Plus, I bet your friends will be pretty jealous when you win a prize! Just do what makes you happy!

Colleen K.

by Emilicious on 2/6/2012 1:52:23 AM

MOD MOD
Okay so I've been feeling lonely a lot lately. Like REALLY lonely. Tonight, we had a party for one of my friend's birthdays and all of my close friends were there but I still felt very lonely and sad. I've been feeling very sad and down for a while now. I had a very traumatizing experience in the past two years and it is always haunting me and I always put myself down about it. I constantly stress over it and think about it. I know everyone has 'those days' but how many of 'those days' do you have before it becomes something? I've never once thought about suicide or hurting myself but I have friends who have. I keep having nightmares and I'm always crying when I'm by myself. Should I be worried? Or am I just being too sensitive?

Hey girlie,

You're not being too sensitive - if it makes you sad and bothers you, it's worth talking about! Never feel like your problems aren't "big" enough <3 You still deserve support. That's good you haven't considered suicide or self harm.. it's never an answer that will solve anything. But you know what will? Talking to someone who can really help you sort through your emotions and overcome them. I know some people are scared to talk to a counselor or therapist because they think it's "weak" or "for crazy people," but it's not - more people talk to them than you think! And they've heard it ALL, so they're really helpful when they try to figure out what you can do to overcome this. You deserve to be happy and you gotta do what you can to get back there. You could be suffering from depression, still hanging onto those negative feelings from two years ago, or experiencing a social issue. Or you could be plain sad and need someone to talk to. Whatever it is, this will REALLY help. Please please promise me you'll talk to a counselor (start at your school - they can refer you to a therapist if you need a more experienced helper) and get happy again Smile Lots of love, girl <3
Lauren C.

by Girlie77 on 2/5/2012 1:04:47 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I struggle a lot with cutting and it's a problem. My friends are starting to see a change in me. My best friend is the only one who knows. Because she cuts too. I don't want to tell my parents. And my school counlouser ALWAYS ends up calling my parents. I don't want to tell anyone. The only adults I wouldn't mind telling is my favorite teacher. please help me.

Hey girl,

I can't help you if you don't want to tell someone about this. You KNOW it's a problem - you said so yourself. You know it's unsafe and you know it's not the healthy way to deal with the problems you're having and the bad feelings you have inside. But you shouldn't try to deal with this on your own. Trust me, self-harm is a sickness. It's nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about, but you shouldn't feel weird about asking for help. It actually shows a lot of strength to admit you have a problem (which you did already!!!!!) and ask for help. You have people around you who love you and who would do anything to help you - listen to your worries, help you fix the negative parts of your life, stick by your side while you're trying to get happy again. They are there for you! Just like we're always here to answer your questions and give you a place to vent anonymously, they're there IN REAL LIFE and can help you make some serious changes for the better. Please please please talk to your school counselor and get all these issues off your chest. It will make you feel so free to admit to it - and it will make you feel even better to finally triumph over cutting and not need it anymore. I know self-harm seems like a way to finally be in control of something and punish yourself/make yourself physically feel pain, but it's so much better to be in control in a positive way and face life head on <3333 Lots of love girl, please make the right decision here!!! <3 If you want to talk to someone anonymously about this first, try this 24 hour crisis hotline: 1-800-273-TALK or this 24 hour line that is run by the Self Injury Foundation: 1-800-334-HELP
Lauren C.

by angelicjade on 1/28/2012 11:08:44 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! For the last few months a lot of things tht i dont like have been happening in my life including family, school, etc. i have really low self esteem where i dont even answer questions in class because i think whatever i say is wrong even my opinion or i dont want to be laughed at.i alot of times hate myself& who i have become.i started wondering what life wud b like if i wasnt around anymore & i couldnt stop thinking about tht.i thought about cutting myself or overdosing on pills but i never did any of tht.i told my 2 closest friends about all of this a couple weeks ago &they always tried to make me feel better.but yesterday i was rly upset& i was in the bathroom crying..my razor was rite there so i ended up cutting my ankle...after i did it i started to hate myself even more and wonder wht did i do...i told my friends and theyre rlly worried about me and talked to me after school upset...they say its a big deal, but i dont rlly think it is tht much.. i really need help.

Hey girl,

It's great you feel like you can trust your friends with all this! Keep talking to them and don't keep these feelings inside. But your friends might not be able to give you the help you need, so you need to tell someone else - a parent, a teacher, an older relative, a counselor, a clergy person, even a friend's parent. You know that you're kinda caught in this big mess of bad emotions - and that's normal. A lot of times, bad stuff happens and we feel really upset, where we wonder if we can stand it another day. But I once heard someone say something about suicide that really stuck with me: It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Your life WILL get better and you have SO much left to explore, to do, to achieve, to see and to learn. You have friends and family who love you and who WOULD miss you if you're gone. So please please please don't consider cutting, suicide, or any kind of self harm. We're ALWAYS here for you and send you lots of love. Talk about these issues to someone who can really get you the help you need <33333
Lauren C.

by dance22lover on 1/26/2012 8:50:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear your mom has started smoking again. The best tactic is to talk to her pointing out how bad it is and how she could set a could example by challenging herself to never do it. Also, coincidences and overlooking some pieces of info can lead to misunderstandings, so keep in mind it could be possible that she isn't lying about it.

If he is spending a lot of your shared money for irrational reasons, maybe you could ask him why and what he is spending on and point out that scary predictions have been around for years and none have come true.

Not doing homework is bad for your grade, but only if you don't make you sure understand the concepts in the missed homework and continue to miss them. You can make up for it by working harder on your next assignments.

If you feel your friends are drifting away from you, you could invite them to hang out together or allot them some space; sometimes short breathers in friendships works well. After that, if you still feel they are making no effort to stay friends with you, you should realize that you deserve friends that really want you to be their friend. And you shouldn't break up with your boyfriend because of peer pressure, but because you decided based on what you thought and felt about him.

Krupali D.

by iheartsmiles on 1/20/2012 10:23:29 AM

So MORP is coming up and i don't know who to ask. I could ask my ex or a new guy i like. But i don't know if the new guy likes me back. He has other girls who i am sure are much better looking then me and that he wants to ask. I don't know if i even want to go..... HELP!!!

by *Marco* on 1/17/2012 10:53:00 AM

MOD MOD MOD! My parents are getting divorced and im acctually quite happy about it. I dont know why but i think my dad is creepy and want him out of my life. ive read my moms diarys and she held herself back until she found the right one. then my dad hurt her with his alcaholism and other things. whenever i look at the texts he constenly puts her down. should i feel bad that im not sad?

Hey girlie,

Not at all. Sure it's sad they're breaking up, but honestly not all breakups are sad. Some are necessary and have been brewing for a while, so they actually feel more like a relief. You're realizing that this will help your mom be her true self again. She'll have a chance to be happy, independent, and find someone in the future who respects her, treats her well, and protects her. Don't feel bad for being happy about this - it's a new beginning! <3 And that's a great way to look at it.
Lauren C.

by highschool1 on 1/1/2012 12:16:08 PM

Ever since last year Christmas has been hard for me and my family. Last year my grandparents died on Christmas Eve. Both of them in a car accident. This year Christmas was real gloomy. And, adding to the fact, my Grandpa has been in the I.C.U. for weeks does not help either. So now most of the day, my dad is gone at the hospital. My whole family id down here and they have been for a long time. We are all getting cranky, causing us to fight all the time. I just wanted this Christmas to be good for us but this hard pain has doubled up. Please help me get more cheery and faithful.

by SweetAllyLoo on 1/1/2012 12:10:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
All my life Ive been kind of a nervous person, and in 6th grade my anxiety got really bad and i was put on meds, but i was doing awesome on them and was taken off at the beginning of seventh grade. right At tht time i went through a really hard time because all my best friends decided i wasnt cool anymore and left me. i hvnt been really the same since, and now i have a constant fear of people not liking me. in the two years, i feel like its gotten kinda worse in the sense that i have a really bad fear of people not liking me, OCD, and Ive lost the need to invite people to do stuff. I feel like Ive kinda lost myself, and I hate myself in a sense because of it. Im not suicidal, but I really want to go back on meds. Do you think this is just my personality or do you think I just need to be treated?

I think if the meds helped then you should try them again. If they help these feelings go away a bit then stay on but if they dont then stop with the meds. Then maybe go to your school counselor to get help and stat making these bad feelings go away. Good luck hon! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.