7 HOURS AGO Don't get rid of your summer shorts yet! Style 'em into fall with these tricks: http://t.co/Xp7R765Nre

8 HOURS AGO A clean closet = a happy closet. A happy closet = tons of awesome outfits. Here's your plan: http://t.co/hwsRJ4DMlC

9 HOURS AGO Fashionable nails that – wait a minute—yep, have to do with school: http://t.co/OpeFgHDtgG

COMMENTS

Beat the holiday blues

3 ways to snap out of the Christmas slump

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
My dad died a few years back and this is the first year my moms new boyfriend is around... I hate him and I've talked to her about how he treats me but she doesn't care, hes gonna be around today on Christmas... How can I be happy with him there? Thanks Smile

Hey girlie,

Your mom sees great qualities in this BF if she loves him and wants him around, so try to see things from her point of view! If he's abusive or disrespectful toward you (not just annoying because you don't like him), you need to tell someone - your mom, an aunt/uncle, a teacher. But if you're just resisting having a new guy around because you don't want things to change (I totally get that - you don't want someone trying to replace your dad), try very hard to push yourself beyond your comfort zone and see his positive qualities. It's Christmas, after all - it's a holiday for love, tolerance, and an open mind Smile Do it for your mom! And for your dad's memory - he loved your mom and would want her to be happy <3
Lauren C.

by hermione&ron on 12/25/2011 7:51:40 AM

MOD
heyy so my dad died last year in november, my grandpa died like 20 years ago on christmas eve, and i just suffered a bad beakup and some friend losses and i have been holed up in my room. my mom is starting to worry but i really just dont want to come out. what do i do?

Hey girlie,

I'm so sorry about your dad and the breakup <3 Sometimes life hits us with a lot of bad stuff all at once and we wonder why it's doing it to us, but human beings are amazing - we are strong and we can come back from it! It's totally natural to need time to grieve, feel sad, and be alone. But it's Christmastime! Even if you don't feel that holiday cheer, I promise it's there. Challenge yourself to get out of your bedroom and out in the world. Spend time with your mom and your friends. Decorate the Christmas tree with your own ornaments, decorate your room with twinkle lights and sparkly garland, go out and find a cute present to make mom happy, etc. Try to recapture that Christmas spirit and turn this season around. It's almost the new year, which can be a brand new start for you! Some days will be hard to stay positive, but stick with it. You can do this - I bet 2012 will be a happy year for you <3333
Lauren C.

by taylorswift98 on 12/24/2011 12:51:45 AM

I know this is random but is it that every year around the end of December I get sick? scared :O

by yvettec2 on 12/23/2011 6:33:33 PM

I feel this way pretty much every year. I just try to cheer myself up by spending time with family and friends and doing fun things.

by supersingershannon on 12/23/2011 4:19:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
My mother really likes dancing and she forces to take dance classes every week. The problem is that I really don't like dancing! I've been doing it for a long time and I am not improving or getting better at it. I have tried telling her but she won't listen... I really want to do horseback riding instead. Help?

Hey girlie,

Try sitting her down and approaching it like this. Say something like, "I really respect how much you love dance, and I love that we have a hobby we can enjoy together! But I think I want to spend my time doing something new for a while - I have some other interests that I really want to pursue. But maybe, if I start horseback riding, we could take a cooking class or something together so we still have that one-on-one time!" Try to compromise a little with her, while also maturely letting her know that you want to pursue your own passions Smile
Lauren C.

by kayla9 on 12/22/2011 11:13:00 PM

I love christmas! The only thing I don't like is brainstorming to figure out what to get my dad...

by kayla9 on 12/22/2011 9:13:41 PM

Class of 2016 Club
Join if you're currently in 8th grade!
We talk about:
Money Making
Summer
Music
Movies
Books
Anything....so PLEASE JOIN!
Only if you're in 8th grade plz!

by ButterflyGirl18 on 12/22/2011 8:32:34 PM

Need advice.....message profile.

by ButterflyGirl18 on 12/22/2011 8:18:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So one of my good guy friends asked me to be his girlfriend a few days ago, and I told him I'd think about it. Even though a few of my friends think I like him and that we'd be a cute couple, I don't know if I like him that way or want to be more than friends with him. If I say no, I don't want to ruin our friendship and have things be awkward between us. If I say yes without being 100% sure, I don't want to date for a while then decide I just wanna be friends and end up hurting him/ruining our friendship. Do you have any advice on what I should do? I'd really appreciate it(:

Hey girlie,

You gotta weigh your options on this one and let your heart help you make this decision. It's really tough - if you have a great friendship, you don't want to risk changing/ruining it by dating him. But if you like him as a friend and a crush, you'll want to see where it could go if you took things to the next level and dated. Super hard choice! Personally, I would stop putting pressure on myself to make the decision so quickly. Instead, just try to enjoy the chemistry you have and test out flirting/teasing versus being just friends. See which feels "right" to you. Let the chemistry work its magic and, over time, you'll have your answer Smile
Lauren C.

by Allison S. on 12/22/2011 7:47:56 PM

I'm starting to get in the spirit! Thanks GL! Smile I used to be like, " It's the holidays already?! I love the holidays, but it seems like this Year flew by! I'm glad it's the holidays but I feel like summer just ended! Lol Smile xoxo

by kaylarocks2000 on 12/22/2011 6:51:28 PM